facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 10, 2013, 01:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Ireland recently gave Pakistan a huge scare. They will be tough competition for us under their own conditions. Looking forward to this series
It's playing these teams closer to our strength will show us whether the team has the cojones to move up to the next level. If we need to learn how to close a tight game.

Old June 10, 2013, 02:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

The less matches we play the better
Old June 10, 2013, 02:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
The less matches we play the better
Why so young man? It's not as if we get to play a lot.
Old June 10, 2013, 04:20 AM
Banned

I don't like the fact that we play Ireland because of stats being inflated. I would rather play with top 8 teams and try to see the real quality of our players. Yes it's right that we struggle overseas, but then again most Asian countries often do e.g. Pakistan and Sri Lanka in champions trophy, imagine Bangladesh getting bowled out below 150
Old June 10, 2013, 04:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Men in Blue

An overseas tour in seaming wickets is an invaluable experience for a team that doesn't get much international exposure, irrespective of the team and the results. I don't know why many people here are having second thoughts about it.
Old June 10, 2013, 05:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by King13
I don't like the fact that we play Ireland because of stats being inflated. I would rather play with top 8 teams and try to see the real quality of our players. Yes it's right that we struggle overseas, but then again most Asian countries often do e.g. Pakistan and Sri Lanka in champions trophy, imagine Bangladesh getting bowled out below 150
I dont understand why people think that we play to get our stats inflated. Thats not the purpose, if it was, then why do we not play with afghanistan and canada more often?

We want to play more against Ireland because they are a promising team who is not too far from us. And there is a saying, "Find someone of your own size". Playing the Irish in irish conditions is a good test. And remember this, we are playing a weaker team which means the pressure is on us to perform.
Old June 10, 2013, 06:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Why so young man? It's not as if we get to play a lot.
The less heartbreaks i go through the longer i'll live.
Old June 10, 2013, 06:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
use ZIM Tactics
Old June 10, 2013, 06:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Then opt for no heartbreaks at all; stop following Bangladeshi cricket.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old June 10, 2013, 07:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I've survived your entire lifetime and more suffering the heartbreaks dished out by the boys. Don't worry, you'll live. What doesn't kill you, can only make you stronger.
Old June 10, 2013, 08:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

We barely get any matches and yet we're being picky about who we play I honestly don't know where some of us get our arrogance from? And we complain about the Indians and Pakistanis being arrogant
Old June 10, 2013, 08:39 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I do hope that this series will go on.

Ireland is a very strong team. They were remarkable against Pakistan few days ago. TBH, I am little worried about the outcome of this series. It will be a testing series for us...
Old June 10, 2013, 10:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
We barely get any matches and yet we're being picky about who we play I honestly don't know where some of us get our arrogance from? And we complain about the Indians and Pakistanis being arrogant
Arrogance from us fans (some) is due to the fact that we deserve to play against higher ranked opposition, which we don't. it is absolutely fine for Ireland to play against bangladesh as we are ranked higher than them and also a test playing nation, Ireland would welcome the tour with open hands, beating us is also a plus point for them. at the end, Ireland would gain more but Bangladesh overall less maybe experience, but what's the point of experience if we don't play against the top 8?

Ps: To be fair who cares if Bangladesh beats Ireland in Ireland? but surely many will care if Ireland beats bangladesh because of our higher rank, No? We should play higher ranked team's to show the world our improvement's, no one really cares if we win against Ireland, Zimbabwe etc.. people want's to see us play well against the top teams. #BCBatFault# one more example would be who would care if Ireland beats team's like Kenya or Canada, hardly anyone, but surely people will care if the opposite happens due to the higher rank.

Personally, I think we are more than ready to challenge top 8 teams, we just need BCB to arrange some deals. if we like to play Ireland for experience, then why not let the Bangladesh A team play? and include some national players.
Old June 10, 2013, 12:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by King13
Arrogance from us fans (some) is due to the fact that we deserve to play against higher ranked opposition, which we don't. it is absolutely fine for Ireland to play against bangladesh as we are ranked higher than them and also a test playing nation, Ireland would welcome the tour with open hands, beating us is also a plus point for them. at the end, Ireland would gain more but Bangladesh overall less maybe experience, but what's the point of experience if we don't play against the top 8?

Ps: To be fair who cares if Bangladesh beats Ireland in Ireland? but surely many will care if Ireland beats bangladesh because of our higher rank, No? We should play higher ranked team's to show the world our improvement's, no one really cares if we win against Ireland, Zimbabwe etc.. people want's to see us play well against the top teams. #BCBatFault# one more example would be who would care if Ireland beats team's like Kenya or Canada, hardly anyone, but surely people will care if the opposite happens due to the higher rank.

Personally, I think we are more than ready to challenge top 8 teams, we just need BCB to arrange some deals. if we like to play Ireland for experience, then why not let the Bangladesh A team play? and include some national players.
In an ideal world, yes it would've been better had we played a G8 team but do you see any of their windows open in the summer? The only team that's open in the summer is NZ but we're already playing them at home in the fall. It's better to play somebody rather than nobody.

Also your caring too much about our reputation. Who cares what other people will think? This tour would really help our players in the long run. They're conditions are much different than ours and our players can get great experience out of this tour. Isn't that a lot more important than caring about what people will think whether we lose or not? We're still a developing Test nation who have won only 4 Test matches in our history and still #9 in ODI's. Just because we have improved in recent times, doesn't mean we're "too good" to play anyone. We need to play on a regular basis if we want to keep improving.

As the saying goes, "beggars can't be choosers"
Old June 10, 2013, 12:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Why people r interested to play in irelland? Playing there 5 times is < playing aus or in sa 1 time. Winning there dont add any values but losing there loses it. I am also bored playing in zim time & again. Why not inviting them.
Old June 10, 2013, 12:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

We have to understand the limitations within the current setup of int'l cricket. That means that the top dogs simply don't want to play us. We must be content with whatever we get against them (per FTP we do have 6 back to back Tests vs IND, AUS, and SA all at home in 2015 though). Where the BCB needs to step the eff up is by securing a more realistic schedule outside the FTP. The effort must be there. Screw the DPL and BPL and all that garbage. NCL and BCL first class is all that really matters and both leagues shouldn't run more than 12 weeks out of the year. That 40 other weeks to schedule internationals. We should play WI, NZ, SL on a rotationary basis, where we host them for 3 Tests and 5 ODIs and tour them for 2 Tests and 5 ODIs. Or something like that.

What I'd really the BCB to do in order of priority:

1) Beef up domestic FC cricket. Make it a priority. It must be taken seriously by everyone involved.
2) Secure at least 1 series every year vs WI/NZ/SL. Host them for 3 Test series, preferably with DRS.
3) Play ZIM every 18 months or so. Host them for 3 Tests, tour them for 2.
4) Arrange a tour of IRE every summer, 3 ODIs + at least one FC match with our A team or Academy team.
5) Ensure DPL, BPL, and other domestic leagues go through fixing-free.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 10, 2013, 12:57 PM
Cricket Legend

4-day match khellei to hoi. ODI tey to amra pokto holam - ekhon notun test team er shathey agam match khellei dui joner jonno bhalo.
Old June 10, 2013, 01:15 PM
Cricket Savant

eishob probable fro pa bel diye to amar cholbe na.. amar chai horlicks...amar chai sth. solid... solid khobor koi? koi shei solid khawbar? that we will be playing live

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 10, 2013, 01:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
We have to understand the limitations within the current setup of int'l cricket. That means that the top dogs simply don't want to play us. We must be content with whatever we get against them (per FTP we do have 6 back to back Tests vs IND, AUS, and SA all at home in 2015 though). Where the BCB needs to step the eff up is by securing a more realistic schedule outside the FTP. The effort must be there. Screw the DPL and BPL and all that garbage. NCL and BCL first class is all that really matters and both leagues shouldn't run more than 12 weeks out of the year. That 40 other weeks to schedule internationals. We should play WI, NZ, SL on a rotationary basis, where we host them for 3 Tests and 5 ODIs and tour them for 2 Tests and 5 ODIs. Or something like that.

What I'd really the BCB to do in order of priority:

1) Beef up domestic FC cricket. Make it a priority. It must be taken seriously by everyone involved.
2) Secure at least 1 series every year vs WI/NZ/SL. Host them for 3 Test series, preferably with DRS.
3) Play ZIM every 18 months or so. Host them for 3 Tests, tour them for 2.
4) Arrange a tour of IRE every summer, 3 ODIs + at least one FC match with our A team or Academy team.
5) Ensure DPL, BPL, and other domestic leagues go through fixing-free.
You are asking too much from our cricket board. FGS they need some time to count their money
Old June 10, 2013, 01:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
eishob probable fro pa bel diye to amar cholbe na.. amar chai horlicks...amar chai sth. solid... solid khobor koi? koi shei solid khawbar? that we will be playing live
True that - probable niya amra koto nachi - gachey kanthal
Old June 10, 2013, 03:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
In an ideal world, yes it would've been better had we played a G8 team but do you see any of their windows open in the summer? The only team that's open in the summer is NZ but we're already playing them at home in the fall. It's better to play somebody rather than nobody.

Also your caring too much about our reputation. Who cares what other people will think? This tour would really help our players in the long run. They're conditions are much different than ours and our players can get great experience out of this tour. Isn't that a lot more important than caring about what people will think whether we lose or not? We're still a developing Test nation who have won only 4 Test matches in our history and still #9 in ODI's. Just because we have improved in recent times, doesn't mean we're "too good" to play anyone. We need to play on a regular basis if we want to keep improving.

As the saying goes, "beggars can't be choosers"
in my opinion its better to play NZ at their home in summer and play home at due schedule, I have no problem with this, majority of fans will prefer this over Ireland tour. Just because we are not good in Test does not mean playing ODI or T20 in Ireland will help Bangladesh improve at test level, the problem is deep. I have no objection if BCB can arrange a test or first class match against Ireland. I think it all come down to good management at BCB, and unfortunately we don't have any. However, I do like the new president and I hope soon he will realise.
Old June 10, 2013, 05:08 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Paul Stirling

News coming through that Bangladesh Cricket have turned down the tour despite a 4 day game being included. Really disappointed. Can't help but think the CPL is the reason
Old June 11, 2013, 04:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I've survived your entire lifetime and more suffering the heartbreaks dished out by the boys. Don't worry, you'll live. What doesn't kill you, can only make you stronger.
I loved what you said Boss. Oozing such wisdom and experience. Maybe you should write a book... actually you probably have done that already.

I loved the last sentence.
Old June 11, 2013, 04:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
Then opt for no heartbreaks at all; stop following Bangladeshi cricket.
I also want to stop eating mishti. But we all know that isn't going to happen...
Old June 11, 2013, 12:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiernster
News coming through that Bangladesh Cricket have turned down the tour despite a 4 day game being included. Really disappointed. Can't help but think the CPL is the reason
The BCB really ought to be slapped if this is true. Bunch of idiots.

#OneTeam1Dream