facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports > FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive)

FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive) Biggest sporting event in the world. This is time for the sky high excitement.

Old July 6, 2006, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats_eye
মহা মুছিবতে আছি। ৮২'এর পর পন করেছিলাম জীবনে আর ইটালীর সাপোর্ট করবো না।

hmm...cheat shob...australiar shathe shesh muhurte dive ta na marle eto dur ashto na...obossho er por ukraine r germanyr shathe ja khelse taate maaf kore disi...

Quote:
আমার কুইবেকের ফ্রেন্চি গার্ল খুব পছন্দ।
keno original forashira ki dosh korlo?

Old July 6, 2006, 07:13 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Well I don't discriminate.. and I certainly don't preach hate. My nickname has become a facade of something I'm not, although it's good in a way as it allows me to perceive how some people judge me wrongly, even if jokingly.
Well you did preach hate against Argentina, was it orpheus or you who said "I only take white girls as gf".

You told your gf's dad is german-english ( from the kingdom of saxony a lot of people migrated to england and thus saxon before six other kingdoms joined and took saxony to make present Deutschland, so he is saxon ) and I shortened the term for you. I did not mean to discriminate just analyze. Your nickname is not important I know but it is still influencing you, STOP HATING ARGENTINA , they did nothing bad to you ... as far as I am concerned. STOP HATING OTHER TEAMS that beats BRAZIL without cheating.

The final should be good one if the both teams have Argentina or Brazil's ( when they are in attacking minded ) ghost on their Shoulder.
Old July 7, 2006, 09:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Six Key Contests that could Decide the Final

Six individual contests that could be the key to deciding Sunday's World Cup final between Italy and France:

FABIO CANNAVARO v THIERRY HENRY
Exactly what the World Cup final should be about -- a supreme defender and captain doing everything he can to shackle the tournament's most naturally talented forward, who will need to use all his sublime skills to find a way through.

Cannavaro has been immense, leading by example and organising a defence that has been pierced only by an own goal.

His reading of the game, anticipation and pace leave him in his work, his vast experience helps him stay calm even in the most heated exchanges while his athleticism means he is rarely beaten in the air despite being just 1.75 metres tall.

He faces the ultimate test in his 100th international in the form of the brooding brilliance of Henry, who scored the winner against Brazil in the quarter-finals and earned the penalty that beat Portugal in the semi-finals.

Henry's pace, delicate touch and vision mark him as a special striker and the battle for an inch of space inside the penalty area should be engrossing.

ZINEDINE ZIDANE v GENNARO GATTUSO
Zidane may be dreaming of a fairytale finale to his career but Beauty and the Beast might not be the story that he wanted to go out on.

This contest between the stylish creator and the dedicated destroyer is football in a microcosm and could be hugely important in deciding the outcome.

Zidane has improved with every round so he is now bestriding the pitch with almost all the majesty and arrogant superiority he displayed in inspiring France to their 1998 success.

He is the perfect target for Gattuso, a terrier of a midfielder who is massively committed, a brilliant tackler and tireless worker in front of the back four. Gattuso will revel in tracking Zidane's every move and making his presence felt.

Zidane knows there will not get a second's peace from the AC Milan workhorse and will need all his special tricks to get away from him.

FRANCESCO TOTTI v CLAUDE MAKELELE
The same battle in reverse as France's midfield bulwark bids to prevent Totti weaving his magic behind striker Luca Toni.

Totti has shown only glimpses of his best form at this tournament but is a high class operator whose passing opens gaps others do not even consider.

Makelele will seek to cut off those passes at source as he continues in a role he has trademarked -- the undemonstrative, hyper-efficient defensive midfielder who hoovers up loose balls and moves them on to more creative team mates.

ANDREA PIRLO v PATRICK VIEIRA
Pirlo has risen to the occasion and he peaked in the semi-final when his umpteenth probing pass finally opened up the German defence to set up Fabio Grosso for the breakthrough goal.

He likes to sit at the heart of midfield and spray passes short and long and one of Vieira's many tasks will be to pressurise him into missing his targets.

After a quiet season for Juventus, Vieira is now flourishing and when freed from his usual destructive duties might have Pirlo doing some chasing of his own having twice found the net.

GIANLUCA ZAMBROTTA v ERIC ABIDAL
Zambrotta lines up at right back but has spent so much of this tournament on the attack that he could be called a winger.

Superb stamina allows him to make endless overlapping forays and once in the danger area his delivery is usually good -- he set up Luca Toni for Italy's third goal against Ukraine after opening the scoring himself.

France will hope Florent Malouda forces Zambrotta to concentrate on his defensive role but when he does break it will fall to the impressive Eric Abidal to keep him in check.

FRANCK RIBERY v FABIO GROSSO
Ribery began the tournament having never started a game for France but finishes it as an automatic choice and his side's productive source of attacking ammunition.

He has grabbed his opportunity, playing as an old-fashioned winger, happy with the ball at his feet and prepared to take on his fullback at pace and deliver a series of crosses.

Italy will want to ensure he does not get in behind them and will throw midfielder Simone Perrotta in his path with the long-legged Grosso ready to provide a second barrier.

Source: Reuters
Old July 7, 2006, 10:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
But the Sun had the best tale: ``A racehorse owner said he had his colt gelded because its name is Ronaldo. Gary Martin said it wasn't as satisfying as the real thing, `but this is the best I could do.' ''
Thats just plain wrong and that guy should have his ________ chopped off

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...p/14984342.htm
Old July 7, 2006, 11:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Cricket_Pagol posted some nice photo in another thread analyzing Roberto Carlos Action during the french goal. I made an animation with using those photo. Here it is:

Old July 7, 2006, 06:55 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babubangla

FRANCESCO TOTTI v CLAUDE MAKELELE
The same battle in reverse as France's midfield bulwark bids to prevent Totti weaving his magic behind striker Luca Toni.

Totti has shown only glimpses of his best form at this tournament but is a high class operator whose passing opens gaps others do not even consider.

Makelele will seek to cut off those passes at source as he continues in a role he has trademarked -- the undemonstrative, hyper-efficient defensive midfielder who hoovers up loose balls and moves them on to more creative team mates.
As I am a AS Roma fan I hope Totti will take this last chance to show to the world he's a world-class player, though he's still out of form after his injury some months ago.
Old July 7, 2006, 07:07 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhferdaus
Well you did preach hate against Argentina, was it orpheus or you who said "I only take white girls as gf".

You told your gf's dad is german-english ( from the kingdom of saxony a lot of people migrated to england and thus saxon before six other kingdoms joined and took saxony to make present Deutschland, so he is saxon ) and I shortened the term for you. I did not mean to discriminate just analyze. Your nickname is not important I know but it is still influencing you, STOP HATING ARGENTINA , they did nothing bad to you ... as far as I am concerned. STOP HATING OTHER TEAMS that beats BRAZIL without cheating.

The final should be good one if the both teams have Argentina or Brazil's ( when they are in attacking minded ) ghost on their Shoulder.
Stop smoking whatever it is you're growing in your backside..

Let me see.. because I wanted Germany to beat Argentina, i.e. I don't support Argentina, literally means I "hate" them? What is your definition of hate? Who I support and I don't support is MY decision. What's that got to do with Brazil? You're dragging them into this because your team Argentina lost and I wanted them to. So what are you gonna do about it huh?

I don't recall saying "I only take white girls as gf" so don't be telling me things you're not sure of either. Go talk to your friend Orpheus about that.

My "ex" gf's dad is from Germany yes, I remember discussing something with Vladmamu in the past. My last ex was half English-Italian. Currently I fancy a Russian chick who doesn't even speak English very well. Do you not like the fact I date white girls? Are you racist?
Old July 7, 2006, 07:56 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Stop smoking whatever it is you're growing in your backside..

Let me see.. because I wanted Germany to beat Argentina, i.e. I don't support Argentina, literally means I "hate" them? What is your definition of hate? Who I support and I don't support is MY decision. What's that got to do with Brazil? You're dragging them into this because your team Argentina lost and I wanted them to. So what are you gonna do about it huh?

I don't recall saying "I only take white girls as gf" so don't be telling me things you're not sure of either. Go talk to your friend Orpheus about that.

My "ex" gf's dad is from Germany yes, I remember discussing something with Vladmamu in the past. My last ex was half English-Italian. Currently I fancy a Russian chick who doesn't even speak English very well. Do you not like the fact I date white girls? Are you racist?
Dude look at Bangladesh, white too is in our blood so why would I be not liking you meeting with "white" girls. As I have told you it is not necessary to hate either hate Argentina when supporting Brazil, or vice versa, but you actually posted something like, "I want Argentina to lose because to teach the blah blah blah ... and those bast**** French should be cursed cuz of beating Brazil in 98 Final blah blah blah ", so tell me who breeds hate here?

I only dislike those who cheats does not matter from my fav team or not, that is why I told you to stop preaching hate.

I remember you even preaching hate against catholic belief too, which is a pretty dangerous matter.

And you are right it was not you who said,"I only date whites and do not like other people", it is his choice I guess, but his tone seemed racist to me, I do not care black or white as long as the behaviour is good I take them friend, thought in BD I met not many foreigners, but whoever I found to be friendly I mixed with them, and you call me racist???

perhaps you did not mean it but you did curse France for beating Brazil by playing the better football in 98 did not you?

that is what makes me nervous about you.

EDIT : oh I forgot to tell you I have a russian aunt.
Old July 7, 2006, 08:25 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhferdaus
Dude look at Bangladesh, white too is in our blood so why would I be not liking you meeting with "white" girls. As I have told you it is not necessary to hate either hate Argentina when supporting Brazil, or vice versa, but you actually posted something like, "I want Argentina to lose because to teach the blah blah blah ... and those bast**** French should be cursed cuz of beating Brazil in 98 Final blah blah blah ", so tell me who breeds hate here?

I only dislike those who cheats does not matter from my fav team or not, that is why I told you to stop preaching hate.

I remember you even preaching hate against catholic belief too, which is a pretty dangerous matter.

And you are right it was not you who said,"I only date whites and do not like other people", it is his choice I guess, but his tone seemed racist to me, I do not care black or white as long as the behaviour is good I take them friend, thought in BD I met not many foreigners, but whoever I found to be friendly I mixed with them, and you call me racist???

perhaps you did not mean it but you did curse France for beating Brazil by playing the better football in 98 did not you?

that is what makes me nervous about you.

EDIT : oh I forgot to tell you I have a russian aunt.
You know it is never too late for you to see a psychiatrist because you're delusional.

I don't wanna know what you think about me nor what I supposedly said.. or "preached" in your dreams. Why don't you "quote" me directly? You've already mistaken me for someone else so I'm not gonna waste my time defending myself. You're just mad because I don't support your team. Get a hobby!
Old July 7, 2006, 10:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
You know it is never too late for you to see a psychiatrist because you're delusional.

I don't wanna know what you think about me nor what I supposedly said.. or "preached" in your dreams. Why don't you "quote" me directly? You've already mistaken me for someone else so I'm not gonna waste my time defending myself. You're just mad because I don't support your team. Get a hobby!
Just tell me why do you dislike France and what was wrong with the penalty against Porto?
Old July 8, 2006, 07:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Even thou Germany got 3rd place, I still find them the best team of this world cup.
Today SCHWEINSTEIGER was exceptional. I believe his goal today is probably the best goal of the tournament so far. Germany was great in defense and offence.

Old July 9, 2006, 11:13 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Go France G0 !!!!

World Champion 1998

& World Champion 2006

Babu bhai notun kono seal aache naki?
Old July 9, 2006, 11:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

inshallah france will win today. yay go france 1hr and 42mins left
Old July 9, 2006, 12:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Go France G0 !!!!
World Champion 1998
& World Champion 2006

Babu bhai notun kono seal aache naki?
Asey na Manay? Obosshoi Asey.

That's what you get with France: Dreams Realized, No Heart-break
Your Satisfaction is guranteed.
Old July 9, 2006, 01:08 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

WOW!! Zidane strikes!!

France takes the lead
Old July 9, 2006, 01:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Malouda is a cheat

Zidane is arrogant...
Old July 9, 2006, 01:13 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

যত্তসব চোরের দল! দশটা মিনিটও যেতে দিল না চোরামি শুরু করার আগে

ইটালি এখন বুঝুক, ভূয়া পেনাল্টি খেলে কেমন লাগে
Old July 9, 2006, 03:22 PM
Cricket Legend

WOW!!! Zidane got sent off for headbutting Materazzi in the chest!

Great way to end the international career of a "great" player.
Old July 9, 2006, 03:33 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Really a Sorry end for a real great player of world football.
Old July 9, 2006, 04:18 PM
Cricket Legend

theres no doubt zidane is a great player but wat he did today was a disgrace. after that incident i was hoping France would lose. I bet Materazzi said something really bad and offensive but in the end zidane overreacted. spitfire u shouldnt have doubts abt how great zidane is.
Old July 9, 2006, 04:24 PM
Cricket Legend

the extra time was one of the worse time of my life. y does all this sh@@ happens at the same time.
Old July 9, 2006, 04:32 PM
Cricket Legend

France and Zidane did a very wrong thing when they beat Brazil in 1998 World Cup.

Denying Brazil from winning the WC is a very bad thing to do, and France/Zidane are paying dearly for this.
Old July 9, 2006, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

a great tournament comes to an end...the italians did pick up their game after that draw against the USA and then after that scond round game against Australia. defeating germany in their homeground and then going on to win in penalties for the first time in their footballing history is no small feat. i bet cannavaro will be a strong candidate for that golden ball award. the guy was awesome today, and performance-wise he led the team from the front throughout.

zidane, on the other hand, has lost any chance he had imo. i'm not sure they'll give it to him after he lost his cool in a situation like that.
Old July 9, 2006, 04:43 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tendulkar

I am soooo happy that France lost.They had enough luck to reach the finals but luck didn't favor till the end.A very favorable result for me.Italy were the deserving winners.CONGRATS ITALY !!!!! bye bye France.
Old July 9, 2006, 06:14 PM
Cricket Legend

cant say the better team won today. france dominated through out the 2nd half and the extra time