facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 1, 2014, 10:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing
Default Absolutely Gutted, But very very Expected. This day should be remembered by all Bangaldeshi Fans

What I said before the match, let's see how much of it is true,

Quote:
Let me tell you guys, dont get your hopes high for this one or against them in the T20 World Cup. I fear a defeat is looming. We are not going to be able to take the pressure, players short of confidence, the confident ones are out of the team and the ones in the team are out of form. Our bowling sucks to the max, there is no wicket takers. All in all, a disaster around the corner. Atleast you heard it here first! We are losing this one!
Quote:
Not going to reply to the post above. But let's have a reality check everyone as a Bangladeshi cricket fan.

- Bangladesh ranks below Zimbabwe in Tests
- Bangladesh ranks below Ireland in T20s and just on Par Afghanistan in T20s
- Bangladesh U-19 is ranked 9th, having lost to Afghanistan for qualifying to the second round of the world cup.

Lets come to Asia cup.

- Bangladesh has never won against Pakistan, they have a mental block or too much admiration for the Pakistani players and even after coming so close they lose their ways. You can bet they are going to lose again.

- Bangladesh is on their way to lose against Afghanistan not only in the T20s (pretty sure about that) but also in the Asia cup. Without Mushfique, Tamim, Mashrafe, Shakib we are looking at a max 250 score, and getting 6 wickets. I am not an astrologer, but if you are a fan, save your time and do not follow Bangladeshi cricket till they sort out their On and Off field issues. There clearly is some.

- Bangladeshi players never learn, the seniors fall out of form too soon. The ones that are confident lose their confidence too fast (like Nasir, Shahriar Nafees, Aftab etc etc etc).

- Bangladeshi bowlers are toothless, there is absolutely no venom, and mark my words... Afghanistan are gonna blast those non-spinning spinners, heck they shouldn't be called spinners but slow arm rotators.

We are losing all the matches in Asia cup, yes you heard it here first. Not only that, we are surely losing to Afghans in the World Cup and getting kicked out of the tournament we are hosting. Worse days are over? No, it has just begun.
Quote:
And we are downplaying the fact that it has come down to this. Should we not be concerned about going backwards? Here is a team that was not even winning anything at the Associate level now challenging us, with or without the top 4 Bangladeshi players, the fact still lies that they are challenging us and potentially will defeat us tomorrow or in the World Cup.

I am all for standing by the team, however I can't accept the fact that we are taking too many steps back after taking a step forward. We give up too often, there is no fight, so what if there was the dew factor? Why didn't we consider using more pacers then? Why wasn't Ziaur fully utilized?

Forget about the team combination, why is there issue with the management and the captain and the coach over and over again? Is Tamim really injured or sidelined like Shakib?

Do you want me to remind you our T20 record? Out of the last 19 matches I think we lost 15. Yes 15!!! How depressing is that record? And if we dont even progress to the first round of the T20 world cup, where we are competing against the associate level teams, I don't know what to say. I think we should just stop! Even the cricketers should retire out of shame. Yes, it has come down to that.

I will reserve my sentiments till tomorrow's game. Tigers, go out there and fight for your life. That is all I can say for now. Don't let us down that massively. We are not expecting you to beat Australia yet, just beat Afghanistan giving it all. And if possible get a bonus point. Or just get a victory first.
Worst part is, all of it as depressing it may sound, came off true. We lost to Afghanistan. Worst day for me as a Bangladeshi Cricket Fan. I can't find a moment in my life that has hurt this bad.

We need to turnaround fast. I don't know how but it's got to happen, or we might not even be around to be calling ourselves the supporters of this game!

Old March 1, 2014, 11:06 AM
Test Cricketer

Who asked you to support this game ? It's nothing more than a favorite colonial timepass. So, forget about a turnaround and realize the fact that "every dog has it's day".
Old March 1, 2014, 11:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

It is really disappointing. specially those who spent so much of the valuable time, money and effort to follow them. Just look at those guys in the stadium who painted themselves for the game. How are they feeling now. With all injuries and on-off field issues we are most probably passing the darkest time in our cricket history
Old March 1, 2014, 06:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

2013, Bangladesh's best year in international cricket.

2014, reminiscent of the year 2010 where they won their first match of that year in June / July. Against England at Bristol.
Old March 1, 2014, 06:38 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

We as a fan are not at fault. It is the players and team management who should remember this defeat.
Old March 1, 2014, 06:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

I honestly had a headache after both Musfiq and Mominul got out. Had a plain croissant for breakfast with water, and when Nasir got out, and the cloud of defeat was just inches above our head, I could literally feel my stomach giving up on digesting my breakfast... weird feeling. Maybe lack of sleep, I don't know, but wasn't like this when we were losing against India. That wasn't as shameful. The first time I felt something like this was when we were all out for 58 against West Indies. And you would think we learned something after 3 years.
Old March 2, 2014, 03:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

It took me 2/3 years to forget the World Cup loss to Canada on Eid day....took me a year to forget the loss to Ireland....this loss will a long time to forget...shonar chelera my backside
Old March 2, 2014, 07:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
It took me 2/3 years to forget the World Cup loss to Canada on Eid day....took me a year to forget the loss to Ireland....this loss will a long time to forget...shonar chelera my backside
.. don't worry we have again afg to face on 16th..
Old March 2, 2014, 06:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZ_1
.. don't worry we have again afg to face on 16th..
And to remind you once again, we play Afghanistan on the World Cup 2015 as well.
Old March 2, 2014, 08:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mushi, Mash

Bottom of the pit.

The good thing is the only way is up/
Old March 3, 2014, 07:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightBD
Bottom of the pit.

The good thing is the only way is up/
I genuinely hope there is a revival...however with the way the whole structure of bangladesh cricket is atm we are yet to reach rock bottom. Things are going to stay like this with more loses with the all the teams. Only wins we can expect in the future are with Zimbabwe (at home) and Associates.

When one is not confident even with the likes of Afghanistan playing at home, the future is extremly dark. Also it is not good advertisment to the cricket fraternity who are opposed to our Membership.