facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 8, 2013, 06:20 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Can't believe people are praising this dude for pretty much just quitting on the team and his teammates in the middle of the series like that! It doesn't take balls to do so. You'd have to be a real quitting coward to do so. He didn't wanna face the heat for blowing both the series. Now he's getting respect! Clever dude!

Old May 8, 2013, 06:37 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Also technically he didn't really resign. His contract runs out after this series anyways... Nice try.
Old May 8, 2013, 07:04 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I think he stepped down because he isn't getting the full support of the team. He is a 100% team man and i am guessing he expected more from the players in return
Old May 8, 2013, 07:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Yeah he was scared of the heat. As if he never had his captaincy questioned before.

Quote:
I think he stepped down because he isn't getting the full support of the team. He is a 100% team man and i am guessing he expected more from the players in return
I think that there's something more to it as well. Maybe a tiff with the selectors or some BCB director perhaps.
Old May 8, 2013, 07:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

mushy dont need to step down, he is doing excellent job as a captain. a series loss doesnt mean he will have to step down.

wish our politician learn from him
Old May 8, 2013, 09:26 PM
Cricket Guru

মনে হয় কিসু বেয়াদব প্লেয়ার গুলা মুসি এর সাথে বেয়াদবী করসে
Old May 8, 2013, 09:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
I was going to post this. Then I noticed your comment.
Exactly my sentiments.

Rather than being criticized for the loss, he has turned the table which will make BCB beg him to stay. He would accept eventually, but not before laying his own terms and conditions, gaining a stronger hold on the team and strengthening his influence over the decision making process.

If they dont let him, they are free to chose whoever they deem fit for the job.
At this moment, there are absolutely none and Mushy knows that.

Well played Captain !
For all we know, we could be very wrong but hopefully we are right because he is needed for the job.

I think Mushy also has drawn some inspiration from Sanga. I think he may have a bit of Sanga in him in terms of how he wants to build his life. He spoke about how Sanga is an inspiration to all cricketers in terms of how he values education and now he's also quitting like Sanga (or many other captains before him) failing an assignment. Now we wait till Mushy speaks out about what went wrong behind the curtain that led him to this decision ( ala Sanga and his speech in an ICC event).
Old May 8, 2013, 09:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Can't believe people are praising this dude for pretty much just quitting on the team and his teammates in the middle of the series like that! It doesn't take balls to do so. You'd have to be a real quitting coward to do so. He didn't wanna face the heat for blowing both the series. Now he's getting respect! Clever dude!
Nobody is praising his decision of quitting rather the way he played it. If Rabz and I are correct in our hunch then it's a cunning but a good move for Mushy. But if we are wrong then he may have really had no other option but to quit since things did not go his way. Why take the blame as a leader if the leader is not given the tools to lead? Why be an easy scape goat?

Sitting in front of a comp, it's easy for us to come up with whatever explanation and also judge (you do it, I do it, we all do it) and call people names not really knowing what goes on in that dressing room or the broad room. I guess until the truth, if it ever, comes out we should have a little patience.
Old May 8, 2013, 10:10 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

According to Daily star news paper Ryad was the one answering questions from the press after the match presentations and he was surprised to see Mushfiq walking in several minutes later. The reporter hinted that the players were trying to convince him not to resign back in the dressing room and as a part of the plan to prevent Mushfiq from facing media and declaring to resign, it was Ryad who came out.

I don't believe it is some sort of cunning plan by Mushfiq like Sangakara. I don't think Mushy is that kind of a character. We will probably know the story once they turn to dhaka
Old May 8, 2013, 10:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

It's BC's fault. He probably logged on to read people's posts of him and he couldn't accept all the criticism about his captaincy.
Old May 8, 2013, 10:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Some of you are out-thinking yourselves. This wasn't some cold, calculated move by Mushy to hold onto captaincy and avoid the blame. This was an emotional decision.

Mushy would be offered to hold onto the position for the next tour, but if he rejects it, the spot would be offered to M'ullah.
Old May 8, 2013, 10:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Well, lot of people here was not happy how he was handling the bowlers.
He realised that he can't do much with this bunch of sisies except for couple of talented ones!
Old May 8, 2013, 11:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazz1
Well, lot of people here was not happy how he was handling the bowlers.
He realised that he can't do much with this bunch of sisies except for couple of talented ones!
True.

So what can Mushy really do, when you have shahadat hossain and rubel dishing out dollies, while even our spinners always give one short ball every over
Old May 8, 2013, 11:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Quitter. That's all. Show's lack of character.
LOL! Had he not resigned fans would have been like why didn't he quit. He should have quit, be a man and give captaincy to someone better, you can never please fans....
Old May 8, 2013, 11:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Old May 9, 2013, 12:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Why can't we have a post series conference after every series? Is it too much to ask? Lets the media get all their answers from the horses' mouth, and let the fans' queries and suspicions be cleared up.
Old May 9, 2013, 12:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Wow... Third BD captain resigns/loses his job post Zimbabwe....bravo Zim, you are just like we are to India (although they make whole sale team change than just the captain).
Old May 9, 2013, 12:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

One question still remains? Despite repeated, repeated and(re)-repeated failures why do we still as a cricket team and as a fan-base underestimate Zimbabwe or any opponent for that matter? you can sense how much concentrated and devoted the team was when they were in Sri Lanka(Ashraful's 190) and you can sense that mentally when we play Zimbabwe at least initially we don't "kono patta dei na"/ we play very carelessly.

It's a big mental disease. Arrogance bites in the rear end!
Old May 9, 2013, 01:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
One question still remains? Despite repeated, repeated and(re)-repeated failures why do we still as a cricket team and as a fan-base underestimate Zimbabwe or any opponent for that matter? you can sense how much concentrated and devoted the team was when they were in Sri Lanka(Ashraful's 190) and you can sense that mentally when we play Zimbabwe at least initially we don't "kono patta dei na"/ we play very carelessly.

It's a big mental disease. Arrogance bites in the rear end!
Its not a case of under-estimating. Zimbabwe were thrashed by West Indies, and on the other hand were giving Lanka a run for the money. The issue is, our players have that extra pressure of being "favourties" against Zimbabwe. ZImbabwe had everything going in their way, tosses, umpiring decisions. The better team won at the end of the day.

The only thing we can do is to hope that we finish the tour on a good note, by winning the last 2 T20s. Our pride is at stake
Old May 9, 2013, 03:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Isn't Mushy technically our most successful captain?
Old May 9, 2013, 03:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Mushfiqur resigned because he has immense passion for the team, country and the game. You cant buy passion, either you have it or dont.

Mushfiqur took all the blame on himself as he knew the fingers will be pointed at him. Which is why he resigned.

Unfortunately he was born in a country where even a Nobel Laureate is harressed. I dont blame him for his decision.
Old May 9, 2013, 03:45 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Anyone think this will charge up the team to win both the T20 games?

-----------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by CI Featured Comment On Resignation
Well i'm completely shocked by this decision. Perhaps Mushfiqur thinks Bangladesh are well in advance of Zimbabwe as a cricketing team and as such should have won comfortably. The thing is however that Zimbabwe have a pretty decent record when you take all of their hurdles into consideration and a long tradition as a cricketing nation, something I feel counts out in the middle in tight situations, the knowledge passed along through the years from those with experience. This was never going to be a straight forward tour for Bangladesh and the best course would be to take the positives away, namely the performances from Robiul and Nasir and continue to work hard on other areas that are not up to scratch. The fact that Bangladesh has lost the ODI series has very little to do with the leadership of Rahim from behind the stumps. Bangladesh is slowly building quite a strong team core, for Mushfiqur to give away the captaincy on the back of this tour would be a great pity.
Yes, pity is the word, and selfish. For the better of this team, he should come back.
Old May 9, 2013, 03:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

He is not a leader, he doesnt have respect of the team.

TIme for the return of Shakib
Old May 9, 2013, 04:08 AM
Banned

We have to come out from the culture of changing captains and coaches every couple of years. It hinders the progress. I dont agree with the people who are saying this is a stunt by Mushy. From whatever I have seen so far I have no doubt about Mushy's integrity. He is just too weak like some of his peers. I didnt like the way he wept after the Asia cup final. A captain should be stronger than this. Although I have been critical of his tactics I still wanted him to be the captain. He is well respected by his peers and avoided controversy so far in his career. The tactical side of his captaincy would improve with time. Having said all these though I wouldnt want BCB to try convince him. This will leave a bad precedence.

Charidike shudhu kharap khobor.
Old May 9, 2013, 09:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Here is the summary:

1.The decision taken is an emotional one. I don't think he played any tricks as per some conspiracy theorists here.
2. It is true that Mushfiq is not the best tacticians around when it comes to captaincy. So one part of me feels he is not the right man for this job. His blunders on field were preposterous and the most worrisome was the fact that he NEVER rectified his mistakes.
3. It is also true that there is simply no one left to handover the captaincy to. I think regardless of what happens, Mushfiq will retain the captaincy.

Quote:
Its not a case of under-estimating. Zimbabwe were thrashed by West Indies, and on the other hand were giving Lanka a run for the money. The issue is, our players have that extra pressure of being "favourties" against Zimbabwe. ZImbabwe had everything going in their way, tosses, umpiring decisions. The better team won at the end of the day.

The only thing we can do is to hope that we finish the tour on a good note, by winning the last 2 T20s. Our pride is at stake
I completely agree with this statement. Bangladesh is still a better team in everyway compared to Zim and I would have said this if we were thrashed 3-0 2-0 in test and ODI by them. Its a fact that we can't handle the "favorites' tag whereas the Zims clearly had everything to prove when they were against us. Its an issue of pressure not complacency.