facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old January 24, 2008, 09:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

This Tsonga guy is something special. I liked the way he plays.. he looks like Great Ali!! I look forward to watching him against Roger.

Old January 24, 2008, 12:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

wow, rafa lost, my dad told me it was an amazing match and rafa was outplayed!!
i think djokovic is good, and am hoping he beats federer!! altho Tsonga will give both Federer and Djokovic a run for their money if he plays anywhere near hw well he has been playing!!
Old January 25, 2008, 05:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Tanked-up NoJo leads 2 sets to 0 and serving 3-4 in the 3rd set. Federer needs a break badly ... not this game, 4-4 ... worrisome ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old January 25, 2008, 05:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Federer holds, 5-4 in the 3rd, time to break NoJo ... C'MON FED!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old January 25, 2008, 05:54 AM
Cricket Savant

NoJo holds, 5 a piece in the 3rd ... DAYM!
Old January 25, 2008, 05:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Federer holds 6-5 in the 3rd, this would be a great time to break the Serb.

Chocolate and precision watches over ethnic cleansing any day ... C'MON CHAMP!
Old January 25, 2008, 06:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Great point won by Federer to go up 0-15 on NoJo's serve ... now 0-30 off a Serbian error ... 15-30 straight down the T ... 30-30, forehand error from Federer ... 30-40, NoJo's error this time, SET POINT for the champ ... 40-40, great serve from NoJo ... Advantage Federer from an awsome forehand crosscourt, set point ... 40-40 from another great serve from the Serb ... Advantage NoJo, ace ... 6-6 to Tie Break, NoJo holds his serve and nerve ...
Old January 25, 2008, 06:11 AM
Cricket Savant

Federer 2-0 in the TB ... 2-1 NoJo from another good serve ... 3-1 Federer off perfectly placed backhand, extended follow through and all ... 3-2 NoJo ... 3-3, unusual error from the champ ...
Old January 25, 2008, 06:15 AM
Cricket Savant

4-4 Ace from the champ under pressure ... 5-4 champ as NoJo gets the side wrong ... 5-5 NoJo, good serve up the middle, Federer nets the return ... 6-5 NoJo, match point ... Federer loses in straight sets ...
Old January 25, 2008, 06:16 AM
Cricket Savant

Jo Wi (oui) versus No (non) Jo in the finals ... Jo-Wilfried Tsonga to win it all Inshallah.

Better chance for him anyway.
Old January 25, 2008, 06:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Great game Novak... look forward to the final. I will be rooting for Novak.
Old January 25, 2008, 06:27 AM
Cricket Legend

DJOKOVICCCC! I am rubbing it into everyone single person that said Federer would win this one. Plus I've made $40 out of it
WOOOO!!! NOVAAKKKKK!
Old January 25, 2008, 06:58 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

This is the first time since the 2005 French Open that neither Federer nor Nadal will not feature in the finale of a Grand Slam.

Old January 25, 2008, 07:11 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I will be rooting for Tsonga, his progress is even more astounding.
Old January 25, 2008, 07:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Federer had a great run. This was overdue.

But he played like **** today. Forehand was completely off in the first two sets, and backhand wasn't there either.
Old January 25, 2008, 09:25 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

And I post on a tennis thread. The Monkey is off the back. Phew!! Contrats to Federer for taking Tennis to another level. It is not fun to watch demolition derby. Equal competition gives the fans thrill, excitement and mind boggling anticipation.

Thank you Novak. I care little who wins it now. Should be an entertaining final if the frenchman can muster some of his semi final performance.
Old January 25, 2008, 09:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
After watching Federer frustrating Blake today, I just realized how perfect he is. He glides around the court like McEnroe, finesses the ball like Borg, can hit hard like Sampras and has the quiet aggression and mental fortitude of Michael Chang at his best. The wonderfully humble personality which really makes us feel good to see nice guys finishing first, just ices the whole package.

Like 2001 Shafer Hillside Select Cabernet Sauvignon, he's a modern classic that gets better with time. Boy am I glad to be living in the era of Tiger Woods and Roger Federer. It's all about competing for number 2 as long as these guys are around.
Excellent observation Sohel Bhai. May I add the man at times on the court acts like the ultimate Robot of tennis Jim Courier and at times be as animated as Jimmy Connors. He has already reached the heights that no tennis player has been in the last few decades.

As for the ultimate competitor he is in number 5 in my book. Tiger has already surpassed Michael. Very close to catching up Armstrong a little far behind Ali ofcourse.
Old January 25, 2008, 02:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Nice comments Sohel bhaiyyah!!
i was in bioloy wen i found out he lost..class was really quiet and i shouted YESS!! n my teacher was like..what?? i go yeh sir..lipids..lipids!! lol

bu he told me that Novak was like fed is not unbeatable i will beat him..and federer said that he hears comments like that all the time..

but either way im glad he lost!! lol..djokovic is a really awesome player! the match shud be great..!!!! cnt wait!

and womens..i hope Sharapova loses! Cmon Ivanovic!!
Old January 25, 2008, 04:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Dont care who wins but my wish from the first post came true.
Old January 25, 2008, 11:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Maria wins it AWL ... yoohoo ...
Old January 26, 2008, 03:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Ahh darn...I wanted Ana to win
Congrats to Maria anyway
Old January 26, 2008, 05:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Maria Sharapova - Maria Sharapova

Dont you just love her!
Old January 27, 2008, 05:43 AM
Cricket Savant

Match tied one set a piece, NoJo's leading 4-2 in the 3rd with JoWi serving. The momentum's for JoWi to wrest away from the Serb the way he did halfway through the 2nd set. Dramatic stuff.

JoWi holds, 3-4. Time to break the Serb Inshallah.
Old January 27, 2008, 05:47 AM
Cricket Savant

NoJo holds, 5-3 in the 3rd now ... aaargh!
Old January 27, 2008, 05:57 AM
Cricket Savant

JoWi's in deep trouble in this one, unforced errors galore, NoJo's with 3 set points now ... one saved ... glorious pass from JoWi, one more set point saved ... now 40-40, do I smell a subtle shift in momentum ??? ... AD NoJo, forces the error ... back to D ... AD NoJo, his 5th set point ... back to D from a great serve from JoWi ... ACE, ADVANTAGE JoWi ... back to D, this may as well be the critical game of the match ... AD NoJo ... back to D with a drop shot that FINALLY works for Tsonga ... long, AD NoJo ... JoWi misses the drop shot at the net, NoJo takes the 3rd, leads 2-1 ... DAYM!