facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old November 14, 2012, 11:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

couldn't watch the match at all but checked cricinfo.
don't know how many runs to avoid follow on.
a lot depends on Sak & Naim pair.
Hope they do well and take us to a safe situation from where we can draw.

How did SN do? were they khochafied shots or genuine shots? how did he get out? a 31 from just 27, wow, why wasn't he in the Tea20 squad?

Old November 14, 2012, 11:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
couldn't watch the match at all but checked cricinfo.
don't know how many runs to avoid follow on.
a lot depends on Sak & Naim pair.
Hope they do well and take us to a safe situation from where we can draw.

How did SN do? were they khochafied shots or genuine shots? how did he get out? a 31 from just 27, wow, why wasn't he in the Tea20 squad?
We need another 163 runs to avoid the follow on which is very doable. We just need to be cautious and not lose too many wickets in bunches. A lot depends on Shakib and Naeem.

And SN was actually looking very good but like Tamim, played 1 shot too many.
Old November 14, 2012, 11:34 AM
Cricket Savant

^thanks man.
I think SN got nostalgic by his borishailla bhai Korish Ghayel, thus played too many shots.
Old November 14, 2012, 11:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it Chanderpaul who gave tips to our batsmen last year during their tour to play test calmly and patiently, he was completely bewildered at the rate we were playing, everything was hit for a boundary and at the same time threw our wickets away. Guess it fell on deaf ears

Really surprised this was only Chanderpauls 2nd double ton.
Old November 14, 2012, 11:41 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Anyone think WI declared too early? Their score of 521 means we need 321 to avoid follow on. This is not a lot considering the flatness of the pitch. They should have declared after 600+ and that would have forced BD to score 400+ for follow on. 400+ would have been a psychological pressure.

Now, if they need to bat again, the match might go for a draw. They were batting superbly. They could just stayed 1 more session and start hitting and score 100+.
Old November 14, 2012, 11:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

All 3 of them were out to short deliveries.
Old November 14, 2012, 11:43 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

can we bat out 90 overs tomorrow and avoid the follow-on? If Naeem and Shak can see us through the morning session then I would say we will have a good chance of getting a substantial total
Old November 14, 2012, 11:46 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Anyone think WI declared too early? Their score of 521 means we need 321 to avoid follow on. This is not a lot considering the flatness of the pitch. They should have declared after 600+ and that would have forced BD to score 400+ for follow on. 400+ would have been a psychological pressure.

Now, if they need to bat again, the match might go for a draw. They were batting superbly. They could just stayed 1 more session and start hitting and score 100+.
i don't think their bowlers would want to bowl at us twice without any rest anyways. The best option for them is to bowl us out as cheaply as possible and then storm to a 2nd innings total of 200+ (overall lead 350-400)while giving their bowlers time to rest. I think they would want to leave themselves 5 sessions to bowl at us in the 2nd innings
Old November 14, 2012, 11:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

If we can bat whole day tomorrow i can't see why we wont be able to reach their score.
Old November 14, 2012, 11:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

I don't see any reason not to avoid follow on because we have more batsmen like Shakib, Naeem, Mushfiq, Mullah, Nasir, Shohag etc. If any of them two batsmen score long innings, it will be easy to avoid follow on.
Old November 14, 2012, 11:54 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
i don't think their bowlers would want to bowl at us twice without any rest anyways. The best option for them is to bowl us out as cheaply as possible and then storm to a 2nd innings total of 200+ (overall lead 350-400)while giving their bowlers time to rest. I think they would want to leave themselves 5 sessions to bowl at us in the 2nd innings
Hmm I see your point. So we have 9 sessions left so far. I think we can easily play another 2 sessions in the 1st innings. They will need also need at least 2 sessions to score 200+. So that leaves us with the 5 sessions in the 4th innings. Now, if we can bat more than 2 sessions tomorrow OR bowl very tightly, we might have to face less than 5 sessions in the 4th innings and can go for a draw.

Tomorrow morning is very crucial.
Old November 14, 2012, 12:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02

You are rating our batsmen very highly . Sammy on the other hand actually knows our true potential and that's how he did set up the field yesterday. He allowed our batsmen to go for their shots and of course they fell into the trap and threw their wicket away. Now look the field placement for Shakib, very attacking and not giving him enough room to score as they know Shakib gets frustrated with too many dot balls and will make mistake sooner or later. I think declaring at 527 was a mind game - They didn't want us to feel the pressure and wanted us to be complacent and that's exactly what's happening. Our batsmen were too excited to bat on this flat pitch and score some quick runs but in the process losing their wickets. Story of BD cricket. So it won't take long for WI to wrap us up. Our batsmen are very generous in that department

Last edited by oronnya; November 14, 2012 at 01:14 PM..
Old November 14, 2012, 12:10 PM
Cricket Savant

like Mufi I also think WI could have scored 600+ to make sure of an innings win.
Although it's still very much possible for WI
But maybe Chandu & Ram got bored .
Old November 14, 2012, 12:11 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar89
let's not judge so quickly. I would stick with Junaid afterall it was a good bowl. The batting line-up looks really good exception mahmudullah, lets await and see if he proves us wrong.
I will also give him the next test, but given his prior performance/average, I am not expecting much.
Old November 14, 2012, 12:31 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I want Riyad to come next. Riyad may be a crappy bowler but a very good.batsman. Hate to see him so low in the order.
Old November 14, 2012, 12:35 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

From past matches, I get the feeling that Naeem will score 40-50 now and flop in the second innings. Shakib will score a 50 in either the first or second innings and flop in the other.
Old November 14, 2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
You are rating our batsmen very highly . Sammy on the other hand actually knows our true potential and that's how he did set up the fielding yesterday. He allowed our batsmen to go for their shots and of course they fell into the trap and threw their wicket away. Now look the field placement for Shakib, very attacking and not giving him enough room to score as they know Shakib gets frustrated with too many dot balls and will make mistake sooner or later. I think declaring at 527 was a mind game - They didn't want us to feel the pressure and wanted us to be complacent and that's exactly what's happening. Our batsmen were too excited to bat on this flat pitch and score some quick runs but in the process losing their wickets. Story of BD cricket. So it won't take long for WI to wrap us up. Our batsmen are very generous in that department
Nice observations Oronnya

If Shak and Naeem can keep their cool, and lose no wicket in the morning session, the match might be saved! All depends if the two could read Sammy through your brain!!
Old November 14, 2012, 12:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
From past matches, I get the feeling that Naeem will score 40-50 now and flop in the second innings. Shakib will score a 50 in either the first or second innings and flop in the other.
From NCL we learned Naeem has consistency, he tried stay long time in the crease. So we can expect something better from him. Even in this innings he batted well today. I hope a good come back in the team with a century.
Old November 14, 2012, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

This Test match is boring the heck out of me and the pitch has a lot to do with it. It's not because of all the T20 cricket I've been watching - the format isn't it at all. This pitch has killed everything that makes Test cricket interesting. There is no real contest between bat and ball - bowlers are running in and chucking pies, batsmen are dispatching to the boundary. Our bowlers putting Abul and Shafiul to shame doesn't help either.

And that's where things get sad. As a batsman, 90% of the time, it is you who will be getting yourself out on this surface. Yet, none of our top order idiots was able to capitalize and eat up even a hundred balls, let alone 150/200. Pathetic temperament, they shouldn't even be playing Test cricket with this attitude.
Old November 14, 2012, 01:12 PM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
You are rating our batsmen very highly . Sammy on the other hand actually knows our true potential and that's how he did set up the fielding yesterday. He allowed our batsmen to go for their shots and of course they fell into the trap and threw their wicket away. Now look the field placement for Shakib, very attacking and not giving him enough room to score as they know Shakib gets frustrated with too many dot balls and will make mistake sooner or later. I think declaring at 527 was a mind game - They didn't want us to feel the pressure and wanted us to be complacent and that's exactly what's happening. Our batsmen were too excited to bat on this flat pitch and score some quick runs but in the process losing their wickets. Story of BD cricket. So it won't take long for WI to wrap us up. Our batsmen are very generous in that department
Interesting observation!
Old November 14, 2012, 01:18 PM
MLC World Series I

Tomorrow
First Target: Survive the morning session without any loss of wicket
Second Target: Aim for 100 run partnership
Third Target: Aim for individual centuries or high 70s/80s
Fourth Target: Avoid Follow On
Fifth Target: Don't lose more than a wicket in the second session
Sixth Target: One of them must aim for individual 150 runs
Seventh Target: Play out the last session with high temperament without losing more than a wicket
Old November 14, 2012, 01:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Aim for tomorrow, bat for entire day and save some wickets for day 3, which is apparently one of the best day to bat at Mirpur.
Old November 14, 2012, 01:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Nice observations Oronnya

If Shak and Naeem can keep their cool, and lose no wicket in the morning session, the match might be saved! All depends if the two could read Sammy through your brain!!

Yeah the first session tomorrow is very crucial, both the batsmen will have to get set again. Let's see how these 2 manages to survive.

I'm not worried about Naeem as he is more comfortable when he has enough time in his hand to block block block. He will occupy the crease alright. If he gets out then that will be for using wrong technique while defending. But it's just the opposite for Shakib. He gets bogged down when he have to play defensive and can't free his arms and in the process all of a sudden he goes for those unnecessary extravagant shots and the result of such shot will depend entirely on his luck on that particular day. Let's just hope luck will be on our side tomorrow. Inshallah

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
Interesting observation!
Old November 14, 2012, 01:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
Tomorrow
First Target: Survive the morning session without any loss of wicket
Second Target: Aim for 100 run partnership
Third Target: Aim for individual centuries or high 70s/80s
Fourth Target: Avoid Follow On
Fifth Target: Don't lose more than a wicket in the second session
Sixth Target: One of them must aim for individual 150 runs
Seventh Target: Play out the last session with high temperament without losing more than a wicket
Yeah that's how they should go about it !! (But we should be mentally prepared to see them doing the exact opposite )
Old November 14, 2012, 01:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

You guys are funny insulting your own players like this and predicting of their negative outcome in the remainder of the game. IMO the game is still wide open for both sides to win it. That score of 167/3 is still a very good total for BD since it's only 3 wickets down you guys can build up the remaining runs especially at that RR of 4.55.