facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 12, 2010, 10:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Arrow We should look for a respectable defeat now that Tamim is gone

Now that tamim is out, there is no hope in hell of us chasing the target. If we try to go for shots, we may end up being all out for less tahn 150. That would be pathetic and humilating.

There is no point in trying to go for a win and risk such a humiliation . We should now shut shop and look to have a respectable score, like a 250. This should shut up our detractors (and those stupid eendian commentators on cricindo/crapinfo) who are always trying to pull us down.

The current batsman should play safe and ensure they have a good match practice. It would be good if they can hit a 50 or a 100 but i want them to first make sure we don't lose any more wickets.

Guys, what do you say?

Old July 12, 2010, 10:07 AM
Cricket Savant

"respectable defeat" is a blatant oxymoron.

Sorry dj.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old July 12, 2010, 10:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM

Sorry dj.
This thread was made in jest. I'm guessing DJ is still rankling from the Pakistan game.

kdpp. Sorry dj.
Old July 12, 2010, 10:19 AM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

There shouldn't be any world like "respectable defeat" until last ball has been delivered. Sports is for fun. Come on Bangladesh entertain us till the game is over.

"respectable defeat" is disrespectful itself.

Last edited by Anher; July 12, 2010 at 10:32 AM..
Old July 12, 2010, 10:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad
This thread was made in jest. I'm guessing DJ is still rankling from the Pakistan game.
Farhad,

It was made not in jest - gods knows that deep in my heart i want BD to go all out to try and win this match. That would be the ultimate prize.

This thread is merely a summary of what many legends of this forum argued so passionately in favor of, the last time BD team decided to play safe in fear of an improbable target and in fear of a humilation.

I have summarised those feelings while match is still in progress. I need to hear those vey views articulated NOW rather than an afterthought in defense of an outcome rather than an approach.

Sorry if it sucks, but it was not in a jest. More like a heavy sarcasm.
Old July 12, 2010, 12:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Mahmudullah has been making sure that we suffer a respectable defeat with his laudable circumspective batting. He has been doing this for the last six innings.

What a team player we have in him!
Old July 12, 2010, 12:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM

Sorry dj.
Wealthy Bangladeshi is one. How about Ethiopian food?
Old July 12, 2010, 01:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

I say, give Jamie Siddons Bangladeshi citizenship and let him open with Tamim.
So if Tamim is out we still have a chance with Jamie Siddons.
Old July 12, 2010, 01:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
I say, give Jamie Siddons Bangladeshi citizenship and let him open with Tamim.
So if Tamim is out we still have a chance with Jamie Siddons.
But what if he uses his head to score GOOOOOALLL ...sorry I forgot we are talking about cricket here
Old July 12, 2010, 01:34 PM
Club Cricketer

সম্মানজনক পরাজয় টাও হলনা এবার।

অসয্য
Old July 12, 2010, 01:46 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Lol. I get it.

Ya, I don't get it why it's all about one player. 5 years ago, this was all about Ashraful. If target went past 280, "if Ashraful fails, they are done". And look what that has done to Ashraful. From last year till few months ago, it was all about Shakib. Shakib is our bowling head, Shakib is our batting spine. Everything is Shakib, our #1 ALR. Now look what that has done to Shakib. Now you/they are doing this to Tamim. Stop IT! Just STOP before you ruin him too.

Why can't we have Shakibx and Tamimx all doing it at once. Why can't we value them the same? They are all our players.
Old July 12, 2010, 01:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

This was not an honourable defeat, it is a humiliating defeat, what I dont understand, I am not sure, did Mash win the toss and ask England to bat? If that is so, he should have never done so, he should have batted first, so that huge total would have never been on their minds, this is what messed them up. They just cannot deal with pressure, the win against the Aussies,India, South Africa and Saturday against England were the 3times in 5 years that I have seen them handle pressure, and they won all these matches.
Old July 12, 2010, 02:12 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Lol. I get it.

Ya, I don't get it why it's all about one player. 5 years ago, this was all about Ashraful. If target went past 280, "if Ashraful fails, they are done". And look what that has done to Ashraful. From last year till few months ago, it was all about Shakib. Shakib is our bowling head, Shakib is our batting spine. Everything is Shakib, our #1 ALR. Now look what that has done to Shakib. Now you/they are doing this to Tamim. Stop IT! Just STOP before you ruin him too.

Why can't we have Shakibx and Tamimx all doing it at once. Why can't we value them the same? They are all our players.
I completely agree. Why is it we always point out one player at a time to save BD's blushes. Why is it that now it is only Tamim our savior? I hope the BD team does not start thinking this way also cause we need the other 10 players in the team to be thinking that they can get BD out of a fix and not tamim or shakib alone.
Old July 12, 2010, 02:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Last time team tried to do this (asia cup against Pak) there was an uproar in media and among fans here. The reason they said it was killing the ODI games. This time team went out swinging and the scoreboard was 100/6 or so. I would say that looks even more pathetic then the first option.

Beleive it or not, we are yet to accomplish 250 runs in every innings we play. But some of our fans think we should be making 300 in everyother games.

As we are still a young side, I support siddons approach to teach our boys to make 250 first in regular basis rather then going out swinging. Which might work sometimes but most of the time it doesnt
Old July 12, 2010, 02:16 PM
Club Cricketer

Mahmudullah is such a good player yet he is always given a raw deal in the batting line up. He has proven that he has what it takes to bat up the order yet we are wasting his talent and service by making him bat all the time with the tail enders. The BD team management need to elevate him up the order so that we can utilize him to balance the middle order. God knows what siddons thinks when fixing the batting order.
Old July 12, 2010, 02:21 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samjad
Last time team tried to do this (asia cup against Pak) there was an uproar in media and among fans here. The reason they said it was killing the ODI games. This time team went out swinging and the scoreboard was 100/6 or so. I would say that looks even more pathetic then the first option.

Beleive it or not, we are yet to accomplish 250 runs in every innings we play. But some of our fans think we should be making 300 in everyother games.

As we are still a young side, I support siddons approach to teach our boys to make 250 first in regular basis rather then going out swinging. Which might work sometimes but most of the time it doesnt
After playing international cricket for 11 years if the coach still needs to teach our players to post 250 or a score somewhere around that line on a more regular basis then it's better we give up our international status and go back to the drawing board.
Old July 12, 2010, 02:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TIK47

Quote:
Lol. I get it.

spoke my mind, this is how we ruin talented cricketers by placing all the burden on a couple of shoulders.
Old July 12, 2010, 03:01 PM
Banned

Dada Tomra Andia-te Koto Anda Paro
Anda paro ta dao... koshto kore khao Dada ji...
Old July 12, 2010, 04:20 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

We did not look for respectable defeat but we got humiliated. (happy)
Old July 12, 2010, 04:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Lol. I get it.

Bro, it's not that our players are reading Banglacricket and performing based on how we are putting duties on individuals. It's their own personal fault in not taking responsibility and performing consistently.

Otherwise cricketers like Wasim Akram, Brian Lara or Sachin Tendulkar would have all failed after first few matches; afterall I am sure similar comments were made about them during their peak years.

Infact we can open 100 threads criticizing Ashraful or praising Tamim. But at the end of the day, none of which have any impact on the ground..
Old July 12, 2010, 04:28 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I am not sure if you got what I was trying to say. I am not talking about Banglacricket.com. I am talking about the whole country and the population. Not just Bangladeshies. In other places too. That's the message, the mind set right now. That's how others look at it. "Tamim is the only hope of chasing this". Did you hear the commies during Asia cup? Or even yesterday as soon as Tamim walked out, they were saying all these stuff about Tamim.

Wasim Lara Sachin had established players around him. Our team is young. Currently we can't say 'Oh the senior players are there, Ashraful is there, Rafique is there'
Old July 12, 2010, 04:42 PM
First Class Cricketer

i am not sure what mahmudullah was trying to do. he wasted 81 balls to score 42 runs? why can not he do the same thing in test matches?
Old July 12, 2010, 04:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Good post, DJ. Attitude makes a lot of difference.
Old July 12, 2010, 05:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibangali
spoke my mind, this is how we ruin talented cricketers by placing all the burden on a couple of shoulders.
My thoughts exactly. Tamim is given so much hype, but has played carelessly in this series, he should watch at Jonathan Trott and notice how he is determined that he saves his wicket. Tamim has not done well now for the ODIs in the Asia Cup and this series. Is this the same Tamim who scored 2 test centuries. the same question about Ash, I wonder, is this the same guy?
Tamim, like Ash and Sakib is feeling the burden of scoring and is failing. I hope that it is not too late to save him.
Sakib, if he does not improve on his batting will ruin his rating as the No1 allrounder.
There was definitely something wrong with him this match.
Old July 12, 2010, 05:52 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib, Mashrafe

u see luke wright in england team
first ball what he try and do?
ok he got out.

but what would have riyad done in that situation? bolster his average with a mediocre strike rate. not the right way to go.

for me its win or nothing. no such thing as respectable defeats