facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 1, 2011, 09:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir
Default England v India - Was it fixed?

Not sure if there is another thread on this but there are 100s of news floating around regarding this. All you have to to is google it but I am pasting couple:

Quote:
Warne's prediction or conspiracy theory

Only one person in the world was not surprised when England and India shared a 676-run feast at the World Cup that ended with a heart-stopping tie off the last ball. Shane Warne is a man who could do wonders with the ball but who could have guessed the Australian spinning genius was also an amazing related stories
Hint of a scandal: ICC scrutinises Aus-Zimbabwe match
soothsayer?

"Looking forward to the game between India and England today (Sunday) should be a cracker. My prediction a tie!" Warne tweeted before the Group B match on Sunday in Bangalore.

For everyone else, there was sheer disbelief at the result.

But it was not long before England and India fans began weighing up the 'what ifs' about a match that had more twists and turns than a Dan Brown thriller.
* What if an in-form Stuart Broad had not missed the match with a dodgy stomach -- then England could have restricted India to a lower total.

* What if the wayward James Anderson (1-91) had not given away four wides in the last over when India were batting?

* What if England had chosen to delay taking their powerplay by another two overs then skipper Andrew Strauss (158) and Ian Bell (69) would surely have scored the extra run.

* What if India's batsmen had not adopted such a cavalier approach towards the end of their innings when they lost seven wickets in the last five overs?

* What if Munaf Patel had grounded his bat inside the crease in that sprint across the pitch to make that final run count? Even TV footage initially flashed up India's total as 339 before bringing it back down to 338 all out.

* What if India's innings had not folded in the penultimate delivery of the Indian innings -- that extra ball could have yielded the crucial run.

* What if Bell had been given out lbw in the 25th over while on 17? Hawkeye, millions on television viewers, and Bell saw the ball pitch in line, hit in line and predicted to knock the middle of the middle stump. Umpire Billy Bowden trusted his eye more than any technological verdicts and stuck to his 'not out' decision.

So the list goes on and on.

It was a match which both teams deserved to win -- or lose -- but ended up sharing the honours.

Strauss said he was "happy" and "distraught" in equal measure, a sentiment echoed by his Indian counterpart Mahendra Singh Dhoni.

"Both teams will be a bit disappointed but they will be relieved to take one point," he said.

But the man who had predicted the result right from the start could not stop himself from having the last word.

"Before u (you) think there was something untoward re-prediction of a tie, thought it was going to be a cracker -- tie (prediction) was tongue in cheek -- but right,"Warne tweeted after the match, no doubt grinning from ear to ear.
source: http://www.hindustantimes.com/Warne-...1-668102.aspx#

Quote:
Warne, Modi predicted India-Eng tie

A tie between India and England in a high scoring match on Sunday might have been an unbelievable result, but two men closely related to the game had predicted it even before the match began.

Before the match, former Aussie legend Shane Warne tweeted on the micro blogging site: "Looking forward to the game between India and England today, it should be a cracker. My prediction a tie!"

Former Indian Premier League (IPL) chairman Lalit Modi tweeted that he had predicted a tie before the game. And now clearly believes that 2011 was his year.

"Can't believe my prediction 7/8 hours ago was right - tie!! Classic, didn't think it would happen but hey-not bad!!!! 2011-my year! Lol," Modi tweeted.

He also tweeted on Warne's prediction: "My good friend Shane Warne should become Paul the Octopus."

Incidentally, Warne has led Rajasthan Royals -- the team in which Modi is accused to have stakes -- in all seasons of the IPL.
source: http://www.indiatoday.intoday.in/sit...a-eng-tie.html

Old March 1, 2011, 11:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

very interesting
Old March 1, 2011, 11:18 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

we'll say the whole wc is fixed if india wins it :P
Old March 1, 2011, 11:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

No doubt, it was a very good game for gamblers
Old March 1, 2011, 11:28 AM
ODI Cricketer

Yup. It was fixed, Sachin was the biggest beneficiary. Bhajji dropped Strauss on purpose and UDRS decision was just the icing on the cake.

Bell and strauss purposely threw their wickets away , dhoni made piyush bowl his halwa's in the penultimate over. Shehzad's 6 was rehearsed the whole evening before the game.

Amazingly all the 22 ppl in the field with 4 umpires played it perfectly for the tie . I wish people can be this co ordinated and serve for this single cause, fixing a tie.

Not just warnie and modi, there are couple of my friends predicted a tie too (albiet after a 6 pack), man i cannot wait to get their source and how well they benefitted out of this.

very interesting indeed !

Cheers !
Padosan
Old March 1, 2011, 02:13 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padosan
Yup. It was fixed, Sachin was the biggest beneficiary. Bhajji dropped Strauss on purpose and UDRS decision was just the icing on the cake.

Bell and strauss purposely threw their wickets away , dhoni made piyush bowl his halwa's in the penultimate over. Shehzad's 6 was rehearsed the whole evening before the game.

Amazingly all the 22 ppl in the field with 4 umpires played it perfectly for the tie . I wish people can be this co ordinated and serve for this single cause, fixing a tie.

Not just warnie and modi, there are couple of my friends predicted a tie too (albiet after a 6 pack), man i cannot wait to get their source and how well they benefitted out of this.

very interesting indeed !

Cheers !
Padosan
are you serious brother??
Old March 1, 2011, 02:27 PM
Street Cricketer

i would believe it if one of the teams were pakistan ....but since none of them r...and both indian and english cricketers are rich enough...i would say, i dont think so...
Old March 1, 2011, 02:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Yup it was fixed! God fixed it!!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old March 2, 2011, 06:06 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

It was fixed to keep both at the top of the group cause otherwise they would have had a hard time qualifying from this group. I bet South Africa is in on it too.

That aside, Billy's decision was WRONG. How can you get THAT wrong? Will ICC do something about it? It's one thing to get it wrong REAL TIME but to stick to it after overwhelming footage??
Old March 2, 2011, 10:07 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
It was fixed to keep both at the top of the group cause otherwise they would have had a hard time qualifying from this group. I bet South Africa is in on it too.
Exactly ! See there are so many angles to it.

Quote:
That aside, Billy's decision was WRONG. How can you get THAT wrong? Will ICC do something about it? It's one thing to get it wrong REAL TIME but to stick to it after overwhelming footage??
Billy was negotiating till then and they did not agree to Billy's demand. They were like what can Billy do ? Billy did what he can do, normally ppl show the finger, this time Billy did it without showing the crooked finger.

Then they agreed with billy on the radio though Billy did not get a chance later. Bell and strauss threw their wickets away themselves to get the bonus from billy's share. Its a huge conspiracy you know ! i will tell more, just ask me

cheers !
Padosan
Old March 2, 2011, 04:57 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

England dropped 5 easy catches...Fixed too, huh?
Old March 2, 2011, 11:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
England dropped 5 easy catches...Fixed too, huh?
Thats one thing with English fielding off late, they are still researching if they can fix it. The english fielders don't know what might stick or what might not.
Old March 3, 2011, 10:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Today's match might be fixed. The idiot Sidhu was claiming Pak was playing slow purposefully and Afridi and U Akmal got out playing stupid shot as if they never got out playing those kind of shot.
Any upset or unexpected result involving sub continantal teams would mean there would be a roar that it is fixed. Why not anybody is talking yesterday's match was fixed?
I am just sick and tired of stupid sub-continantals journos and their followers