facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 26, 2011, 08:55 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Can someone please put a stop to this Raqibul Hasan (senior) nonsense

This guy is interviewed by the Channel-i news crew everyday and the conclusion of the discussion is always to drop Raqibul Hasan (junior). He pledges the team to put Ashraful in place of Raqibul Hasan. I am stunned by his lack of cricketing knowledge. Could we send emails to Channel-i to stop such a joke-in-the-name-of-former-cricketer from appearing on their news. We can't let this moron defame the name of Raqibul Hasan (junior). I will be sending my email soon. Please send yours. Thanks.

Last edited by psi; February 28, 2011 at 01:35 AM..

Old February 26, 2011, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Who was this former cricketer?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old February 26, 2011, 09:00 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Who was this former cricketer?

Here is his profile: http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...yer/56070.html
Old February 26, 2011, 09:02 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Does Mr. Raqibul Hasan (senior) give any solid reasons? Rock's current form is good. His ODI average is good. His recent SR is acceptable.
Old February 26, 2011, 09:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Repost from a different thread...

Ok, he decided to stuck it out against Ireland, NOT THAT HE KNOWS ANY OTHER WAY TO BAT. He shall forever have a slow strike rate. He didnt even try to hit out against India on the power plays.... was still relying on singles...Mushy had to take the risk and thus perished.

Guys we no longer play for loosing respectively, its time that we start to play for wins and for that Raqib is not the answer. Yes with players like Ash, Alok, Shabbir , Shuvogoto , Milon, Ziaur Rahman etc.. We have the possibility of a much worse defeat but we can still dream of a win when we chase 370. There is no way that is a possibility with Raqib in the crease...

37 against Ireland in 60 odd balls and U are telling me that Bangladesh doesnt have players that could have done the same thing!!!! Thats just incredible...

But he is definately a great fielder and apple of JSiddons Eye.... otherwise he sucks...
not a national team material...

Raqib the senior is right..
Old February 26, 2011, 09:05 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
Does Mr. Raqibul Hasan (senior) give any solid reasons? Rock's current form is good. His ODI average is good. His recent SR is acceptable.
Nope, no solid reason. He did provide a hollow one though. He thinks that we should put Ash at no. 4 so that we would get to see his batting.
Old February 26, 2011, 09:07 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo

Ok, he decided to stuck it out against Ireland, NOT THAT HE KNOWS ANY OTHER WAY TO BAT. He shall forever have a slow strike rate. He didnt even try to hit out against India on the power plays.... was still relying on singles...Mushy had to take the risk and thus perished.

Guys we no longer play for loosing respectively, its time that we start to play for wins and for that Raqib is not the answer. Yes with players like Ash, Alok, Shabbir , Shuvogoto , Milon, Ziaur Rahman etc.. We have the possibility of a much worse defeat but we can still dream of a win when we chase 370. There is no way that is a possibility with Raqib in the crease...

37 against Ireland in 60 odd balls and U are telling me that Bangladesh doesnt have players that could have done the same thing!!!! Thats just incredible...

But he is definately a great fielder and apple of JSiddons Eye.... otherwise he sucks...

Well the situation demanded a slow batting approach. If we did not have that 37(60) we would not have the 205 which got us the win.
Old February 26, 2011, 09:10 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

ash should never go back to #4
Old February 26, 2011, 09:22 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:

[snipped]

[snipped]
If the other players could have done it, why didn't they? You may not like Rock's inning against IRE, but his inning was the difference between victory and defeat.

Having said that, Rock should bat higher in the order. His average is almost 7 more than Junaid at a slightly lower SR.
Old February 26, 2011, 09:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
If the other players could have done it, why didn't they? You may not like Rock's inning against IRE, but his inning was the difference between victory and defeat.

Having said that, Rock should bat higher in the order. His average is almost 7 more than Junaid at a slightly lower SR.
why didnt they? cuz they did not need to before bangladesh was 4 down. And We did not win because of Raqibs innings, We won because of our bowling. There is no reason to believe that if SN played in his place than he wont have done better....

anyways my point was simple, the way Raqib played against Ireland is the only way he knows how to play. It was not because the situation demanded.
Old February 26, 2011, 10:20 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
why didnt they? cuz they did not need to before bangladesh was 4 down. And We did not win because of Raqibs innings, We won because of our bowling. There is no reason to believe that if SN played in his place than he wont have done better....

anyways my point was simple, the way Raqib played against Ireland is the only way he knows how to play. It was not because the situation demanded.
So the innings that Raqibul played did not help us win you say. The very fact that he was able to play like that makes him such a gem. Although you think that anyone could have done it then why did not Ashraful? Why did Shakib get out even when he knew that if he got out we would be in big and i mean BIG trouble? Batting sensibly is an art-form because not everyone can do it consistently.

Do you think that Ashraful could have played that inns that Raqibul played?

I have but one thing to tell you: Please understand the role of players who stabilize the inns. Please understand that, right now Raqibul is one those very few sensible players we have, who can do that for Bangladesh.
Old February 26, 2011, 10:28 PM
Club Cricketer

Hi all, I can't find the email id of Channel-i. Could someone help me. Thanks a lot in advance.
Old February 26, 2011, 10:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

I usually turn off the TV every time he comes on.
Old February 26, 2011, 10:49 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnabhai
I usually turn off the TV every time he comes on.
Heehee nice one. But we need to strike at the source of evil.
Old February 26, 2011, 11:09 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

never liked that guy
Old February 26, 2011, 11:12 PM
Club Cricketer

Just sent mine. Please send yours too. The faster we rid our media of him the better:

"This guy is interviewed by the Channel-i news crew everyday and the conclusion of the discussion is always to drop Raqibul Hasan (junior). He pledges the team to put Ashraful in place of Raqibul Hasan. I am stunned by his lack of cricketing knowledge. He can provide no sound logical reasoning behind his whimsical statements. He only issues blank, worthless comments from the hollow mind of his.

My earnest request to you, Channel-i folks, would be to stop interviewing this joke-in-the-name-of-former-cricketer and interview retired cricketers who are in touch with current Bangladesh Cricket and whose cricketing knowledge is not as ancient and antiquated as the fellow under scrutiny.

I believe you are all very sensible people and would understand the point I am trying to make. In fact the very reputation of the Channel-i brand is in question here. You are simply jeopardizing your own goodwill by interviewing such sub-standard retired "cricketers".

I hope I have made my point and we have seen the last of this malady. Thanks."
Old February 26, 2011, 11:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

please enligthen me on why Ashraful couldnt score 60 ball 30. With all the talents he has in his head how could he not do a 60 ball 30. Actually no 60 ball 30 is too easy for him, lets say a 30 ball 30 that is what the situation demanded right?

Old February 26, 2011, 11:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Yes with players like Ash, Alok, Shabbir , Shuvogoto , Milon, Ziaur Rahman etc.. We have the possibility of a much worse defeat but we can still dream of a win when we chase 370.
Exactly how many times did Alok and Ashraful chased down 370 that makes you think we can at least dream about the posibility of chasing down a big total like that?

Old February 26, 2011, 11:32 PM
First Class Cricketer

I watched both IND and IRE matches from the stadium. I will have to accept watching Rokibul (jr) playing is the worst nightmare. Before this I did not understand why people hate Rok(jr) so much! He is not a ODI batsman. Everybody in the stadium around me hates Rokibul when he comes to play in the middle. In both the games I have seen the same trend.

Siddons, may be a good coach for test but definitely not a ODI coach. He is grooming Junayed, Rokibul, Imrul for test players not for ODI or T20.

In summary, I agree Rokibul should not be in ODI eleven, atleast when Junayed is also there. They need to learn how to rotate or take singles instead of giving too any dot balls. Otherwise it puts pressure on other players and all of a sudden momentum is lost.

Quote:

Old February 26, 2011, 11:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
Exactly how many times did Alok and Ashraful chased down 370 that makes you think we can at least dream about the posibility of chasing down a big total like that?

Exactly how many times has Yusuf Pathan done it? He did it in Domestics and so did people like Ziaur Rahman, Milon and Alok.
My only point is that with Alok and Ash at the crease I am not going to turn off the TV set thinking we lost when chasing 370 but with Rock at the crease I might as well start doing my other daily chores and turn off the TV....Its simple really....

At the end of the day, Ash singlehandedly won u matches...Rock won u nothing and he never will...
Old February 26, 2011, 11:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

I have to agree with HereWeGo here.

Did Raqibul played a vital innings ? Yes not denying that but his innings could easily be played by someone else (may be mahmudulluah). Now I am in no way saying we should replace raqibul with Ashrafool but Raqibul's innings didn't have any WOW factor and certainly wasn't enough to impress me. He played the way he always plays.

Now given that i guess i would keep him in the team though as certainly we don't have better batsmen. Naeem is proving to be a complete waste and one can just not count on ashrafool so Raqibul stays and scores that 20/30 odd with a SR of 50.
Old February 26, 2011, 11:56 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Quote:

I'm quite sure u can do better than anyone in the middle order. Pleas have yourself available for selection next time. I’ll be cheering hard for u.

PS: Pls don’t let us down like others.
Old February 27, 2011, 12:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Exactly how many times has Yusuf Pathan done it? He did it in Domestics and so did people like Ziaur Rahman, Milon and Alok.
My only point is that with Alok and Ash at the crease I am not going to turn off the TV set thinking we lost when chasing 370 but with Rock at the crease I might as well start doing my other daily chores and turn off the TV....Its simple really....

At the end of the day, Ash singlehandedly won u matches...Rock won u nothing and he never will...
show me a team has 11 match winner.
Old February 27, 2011, 12:03 AM
ODI Cricketer

ki kopal...run na korle jala...run korle aro beshi jala
Old February 27, 2011, 12:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:

+10

Case closed.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles