facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 27, 2011, 12:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

once upon a time Raqibul Senior was a big fan of Raqibul Junior ....

but since the drama where Raqibul Senior acted with ashraful (which also had controversial actress Prova) Raqibul Senior has become a fan of Ashraful and started to bash raqibul junior

Old February 27, 2011, 12:32 AM
First Class Cricketer

ash n rock r two different types of players..ash could be a good finisher,late order batsman and rock is a solid middle order batsman that bd needed 4 a long time.he is a player of true grit n he's in good form.he was run out in the last couple of times and was not out in another match.he is must in our unstable batting lineup.the prob is he n mushy r same type of batsman with low strike rate.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old February 27, 2011, 12:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

isn't this the same guy who claimed bangladeshis are not big hitters because they are not aryans ?
Old February 27, 2011, 01:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Exactly how many times has Yusuf Pathan done it?
You are really going to compare Yusuf Pathan with Ashraful? Well in that case lets compare shall we. Check Yusuf Pathan's innings list and see how many times he did not have to bat in his ODI career. Here i'll save you some time. He did not have to bat 13 times out of the 46 matches he has played so far. Just goes to show you the kind of quality batsman he has along side him playing so even if he was a one hit wonder (which I don't know because I haven't followed his career that much) India can still afford to keep him in their line up because they have other players who can make up for his loss. We don't have this luxury.

Quote:
He did it in Domestics and so did people like Ziaur Rahman, Milon and Alok.
Alok/Ashraful did it in Domestic cricket? Exactly when was this please? Care to whip out some stats. I would love to see when was the last time Alok/Ashraful helped to chase down 300+ score in our domestic cricket considering the fact that 300+ scores rarely happens in our domestic cricket.
Alok may have done it once for gazi tank against Mohamaddan I think but what about the rest of season? How consistent was he?

Quote:
My only point is that with Alok and Ash at the crease I am not going to turn off the TV set thinking we lost when chasing 370 but with Rock at the crease I might as well start doing my other daily chores and turn off the TV
You are right. You won't have to turn off the TV because the chances are Ashraful/Alok will get out by the time you pick up the remote and the hit off button. For a guy who hasn't scored a 50+ score in over a year what makes you think he will somehow magically chase down 370?

FYI I never said Rakib would help the team chase down 370. I don't even like the guy that much since he pulled off that retirement crap. The only reason I bothered to reply to your post is because you said we have plenty of players who can do what he did in yesterdays game and than you used Ashraful as an example. Which found I to be odd because Ashraful scored a whopping 6 ball 1 run in that game. Lets say for arguments sake I agree with you that Ashraful is a 100 times better batsman than Rakib who can help us chase down huge total. If he was going to chase down 370 that means he has to maintain 100+ strike rate? Right? Than why could he not contribute yesterday? Why could he not come up with a 30 ball 30?

I was against Rakib's inclusion in the playing 11 considering his recent form in international cricket. Also the fact that Mushy had a ridiculous domestic season so he deserves to play at number 4 ahead of anybody else. I think number 6 is a terrible position for Rakib to play in because he can't hit out. But Ashraful/Alok is not our solution. What ever you said about Rakib's inability to push for it even in the PP I didn't disagree with you on it. Did I? Again Rakib's got plenty of issues which is true but ain't no way Alok/Ashraful is solution. Both of them haven't done anything noticeable in the recent past to show that. Take that list of yours and erase Ashraful and Alok name from their for now and I'll be the first person to agree with you. The reason I said for now is because there is still plenty of time for Ashraful and Alok to fix up their game, but at the moment they are not the best solution.

These are the things we should have figured out before coming into the world cup. Anyway what's done is done. This is all we got for the world cup. And I'll support whoever that will come out on match day wearing the BD jersey.
Old February 27, 2011, 02:09 AM
Cricket Legend

I did not compare Yusuf Pathan with Ash or Rakib with Ash... If it sounded like that than I am sorry, it was not intended..

My point however is still the same. Rakib is just a waste of space in the Bangladesh shirt. We have players who can do a better job and has more talent to represent the side in ODI and T20.. In test he is fine.

Alok and Ash did win you matches in the domestic league. I dont have the energy to look over all the domestic stats and figures now. However even if u look at just the ICL I am sure Alok was one of the leading performers in the tournament.

I am not really big on stats, I dont care if a guy scored any centuries in the last year or not. I write what I see. And I am sure anyone who follows the game intently would agree with the fact that Ash can play any shot in the book and Rakib is only good with cover drives. I remeber watching Ziaur Rahman and Milon bat at the domestics and always wondered how come they never get noticed by the selectors. Even Shamsur Rahman batted marvellously against WI A team when they played in Dhaka and I can safely say he is more talented than Rakib.

@ Kaal Purush- I never mentioned I am the one to replace Rakib... I would be proud if I ever be talented enough to play a list A game....., Dont know where people get such ideas from. Saying someone is bad doesnt make me better...... If I say I hate Pontiac, that doesnt mean I can design a better Car... I am a professional Engineer not a pro cricketer.
Old February 27, 2011, 02:16 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Rock should not be batting at No 6. Strategically, thats the first big mistake we make.
He should be batting at either 4 or 5. No 6 is not a place to build your innings, it is where you go and score some quick runs in ODI. But since No 4 and 5 is taken by batsmen who has cemented their place, I find no place for Rock in this current line up.

Instead, if Riyad is drafted instead of Rock, we could use his an extra bowler and thus strengthen our armory in spin department, which would be crucial against West Indies, England and Netherlands.

However, there is something called "Winning Combination".
As long as the team is winning, the general belief is, we should not change it.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old February 27, 2011, 02:37 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Niccolo Machiavelli

Raqib( senior) always tries to pimp Ashraful. Don't mind him.
Old February 27, 2011, 02:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
I write what I see. And I am sure anyone who follows the game intently would agree with the fact that Ash can play any shot in the book
Oh you write what you see? In that case this question should be pretty easy for you to answer. During Ashrafuls 6 ball 1 run score what did you see? I really want to know what you saw. So details please.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old February 27, 2011, 05:07 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Quote:
I did not compare Yusuf Pathan with Ash or Rakib with Ash... If it sounded like that than I am sorry, it was not intended..

My point however is still the same. Rakib is just a waste of space in the Bangladesh shirt. We have players who can do a better job and has more talent to represent the side in ODI and T20.. In test he is fine.

Alok and Ash did win you matches in the domestic league. I dont have the energy to look over all the domestic stats and figures now. However even if u look at just the ICL I am sure Alok was one of the leading performers in the tournament.

I am not really big on stats, I dont care if a guy scored any centuries in the last year or not. I write what I see. And I am sure anyone who follows the game intently would agree with the fact that Ash can play any shot in the book and Rakib is only good with cover drives. I remeber watching Ziaur Rahman and Milon bat at the domestics and always wondered how come they never get noticed by the selectors. Even Shamsur Rahman batted marvellously against WI A team when they played in Dhaka and I can safely say he is more talented than Rakib.

@ Kaal Purush- I never mentioned I am the one to replace Rakib... I would be proud if I ever be talented enough to play a list A game....., Dont know where people get such ideas from. Saying someone is bad doesnt make me better...... If I say I hate Pontiac, that doesnt mean I can design a better Car... I am a professional Engineer not a pro cricketer.
Can you guarantee that you won’t whinge for Raqibul’s replacement in future?fficeffice" />

Mate it’s been happening since we are in international arena? Every year we have a new scapegoat and hero. Every member has enough skills to play in this stage but if they lack anything that is temperament, which takes time to build up. For example, look at the current confident and arrogant Indian side and pre 2000 shaky Indian side, you will find massive difference in attitude.

These guys didn’t grow up in adequate infrastructure and facility. which is why some of them don’t know how to dominate their game over opponent. Give them time they will cherish.
Old February 27, 2011, 11:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

this guy is so stupid.once in atn,when there was a discussion about alok's exclusion from the team,this dude said that amio ek shomoy bhalo khelowar chilam,tai bole ki amioWC dole khelbo?
Old February 27, 2011, 12:27 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by psi
This guy is interviewed by the Channel-i news crew everyday and the conclusion of the discussion is always to drop Raqibul Hasan (the young one). He pledges the team to put Ashraful in place of Raqibul Hasan. I am stunned by his lack of cricketing knowledge. Could we send emails to Channel-i to stop such a joke-in-the-name-of-former-cricketer from appearing on their news. We can't let this moron defame the name of Raqibul Hasan (the young one). I will be sending my email soon. Please send yours. Thanks.
I dont see any problem. In a democraic society, he has every right to express his opinions about something, which you may or may not like. Like Senior Rokibul, there are many other former players/experts who also think that Ash should be included.
I think it is childish to send email to channel I requesting them to stop inviting him for their programs unless he talks against our country or our team.
Old February 27, 2011, 12:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Uff..man...I do not know what that old guy think of himself ! He talks crap but he acts as if he knows the best and we people are ignorant ******** !

Habibul Bashar and Aminul talk sensibly and they do not impose their thoughts on viewers unlike that old guy !
Old February 27, 2011, 01:31 PM
Banned

Raqibul Hasan (senior) is a cricket ignorant. From his position he should not talk bad of a player of national cricket team.
Old February 27, 2011, 01:45 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Mushfique, Liton

I would prefer him any day over Sidhu the crap.
Old February 27, 2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdtiger
Raqibul Hasan (senior) is a cricket ignorant..
Is he?!!!
Old February 27, 2011, 02:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
once upon a time Raqibul Senior was a big fan of Raqibul Junior ....

but since the drama where Raqibul Senior acted with ashraful (which also had controversial actress Prova) Raqibul Senior has become a fan of Ashraful and started to bash raqibul junior
Raqibul sr was always a big fan of Ash from what I remember. I think he likes raqibul jr. as well though. Didn't he say 1 time that he's got a good future in international cricket but would find it tough initially? He probably does like Rock but he just thinks that Ash is a much better batsman. It seems that most of our former players still think that Ash is a great batsman.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old February 27, 2011, 03:07 PM
Cricket Guru

I guess the old man is jealous that no one remembers him when then name Raqibul is mentioned in Bangladesh cricket!
Old February 27, 2011, 03:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Well.. I read an article written by him where he said Raqibul is not suited for ODIs but Tests. He will be a good Test player as he has the mentality.
Old February 27, 2011, 04:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

We need Raqibul Hasan. He played essential innings every time we were in trouble with the bat. It may not be spectacular, however, it was something that we could hold on to. Some of the matches were eventually won by Bangladesh. This is important to note.
Old February 27, 2011, 04:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Everyone has a right to express their opinions though we might disagree with them.

I believe Raqibul aka Rock is an asset for our team. He is an honest performer...excellent fielder and more than a capable bat. He actually can change gears if needed. I have seen him doing that many times. He might not be anything flash like Tamim or Ashraful but will perform steadily day in day out. Many side can do with a player like him.

We also need the 'X Factor' of someone like Asharphool. Name of the game is finding the ballance.
Old February 28, 2011, 01:18 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananna
I dont see any problem. In a democraic society, he has every right to express his opinions about something, which you may or may not like. Like Senior Rokibul, there are many other former players/experts who also think that Ash should be included.
I think it is childish to send email to channel I requesting them to stop inviting him for their programs unless he talks against our country or our team.
Just like that you should also reason that it is fair to issue indecent and vulgar comments at girls when they pass at the streets. After all it is a democratic society. Right??

Anyways, my point is as long as someone supports his/HER statements with logic and reason it should be acceptable. But whenever people start to blankly blurt out whatever nonsensical thoughts cross their mind, then we need to start protesting. And again being a democratic society, I have the rights to protest, don't I?

As an audience I am also entitled to my rights to suggest who will be interviewed in the news. Just like it is not childish to order what you want to eat at a restaurant, it is also childish to voice my opinion on whose opinion I would like to hear to.

I hope I have been able to make my point.

Au Revoir mademoiselle...
Old March 1, 2011, 12:21 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by psi
Just like that you should also reason that it is fair to issue indecent and vulgar comments at girls when they pass at the streets. After all it is a democratic society. Right??

Anyways, my point is as long as someone supports his/HER statements with logic and reason it should be acceptable. But whenever people start to blankly blurt out whatever nonsensical thoughts cross their mind, then we need to start protesting. And again being a democratic society, I have the rights to protest, don't I?

As an audience I am also entitled to my rights to suggest who will be interviewed in the news. Just like it is not childish to order what you want to eat at a restaurant, it is also childish to voice my opinion on whose opinion I would like to hear to.

I hope I have been able to make my point.

Au Revoir mademoiselle...
If you bring this analogy of passing vulgar comments at girls to defend your position, then I guess there is no point of arguing with you.

Take care.
Old March 1, 2011, 12:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Hahahah...psi bhai money hoi Rokibul senior-er khepa/angry protibeshi/neighbour!!! Khub regey achen bodh hoi dada onno kono ekta karoney...hahahah! Dui basha-Balcony/varnadah-te shukatey dieche amer/boroi/jol-pie-er achaar/aam-shotto...Rokibul senior` money hoi churi korey achar kheye feleche jeta psi bhai-er amma/khalamma baniechilen tai khub khege achen dada..Proti-hingshar aguney dau dau korey jolchen money hoi psi dada!~

Dey rey Rokibul seniore dey achar tor pet theke ber korey dey rey!!!

Last edited by bujhee kom; March 1, 2011 at 12:34 AM..
Old March 1, 2011, 02:10 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Tamim

This man, Raqibul Hasan(senior) has always been shouting in favour of ASH regardless how many time he keeps failing! All he says is, we should not overlook a talent like ASH, but he never realizes the fact that he has been saying this for the last 10 years and yet his favourite ASH hasn't delivered!
Old March 1, 2011, 02:18 AM
ODI Cricketer

we don't need neither Ashraful or Rokibul...Both are not good. Rokibul loves to go for dot balls, Ashraful loves to go for ajaira shot. It's better to give a chance to a player who can rotate strike plus who can play attacking when situation demands.......

as zeeshan bhai says,

case is closed