facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 1, 2011, 02:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by psi
Just like that you should also reason that it is fair to issue indecent and vulgar comments at girls when they pass at the streets. After all it is a democratic society. Right??

Anyways, my point is as long as someone supports his/HER statements with logic and reason it should be acceptable. But whenever people start to blankly blurt out whatever nonsensical thoughts cross their mind, then we need to start protesting. And again being a democratic society, I have the rights to protest, don't I?

As an audience I am also entitled to my rights to suggest who will be interviewed in the news. Just like it is not childish to order what you want to eat at a restaurant, it is also childish to voice my opinion on whose opinion I would like to hear to.

I hope I have been able to make my point.

Au Revoir mademoiselle...

Heard a lot of weird analogies before but this one is right up there at the top.
If I have to make an analogy abt your comparison than it has to be compared with Ashrafuls shot selection

Old March 1, 2011, 02:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Rakibul sucks...period...
Ashraful sucks most of the time but he can be a match winner also....
Old March 1, 2011, 03:30 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by psi
So the innings that Raqibul played did not help us win you say. The very fact that he was able to play like that makes him such a gem. Although you think that anyone could have done it then why did not Ashraful? Why did Shakib get out even when he knew that if he got out we would be in big and i mean BIG trouble? Batting sensibly is an art-form because not everyone can do it consistently.

Do you think that Ashraful could have played that inns that Raqibul played?

I have but one thing to tell you: Please understand the role of players who stabilize the inns. Please understand that, right now Raqibul is one those very few sensible players we have, who can do that for Bangladesh.
i agree with you. And this is why his position is not #6. He should bat up in the order

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 1, 2011, 04:02 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricmas
i agree with you. And this is why his position is not #6. He should bat up in the order

Well he used to come at 4. But the problem is that Mushfiq had a good/better run at the domestics. But considering the fact that we occasionally go 4 down at the blink of an eye, I am not too unhappy with Raqibul coming at 6.
Old March 1, 2011, 04:07 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananna
If you bring this analogy of passing vulgar comments at girls to defend your position, then I guess there is no point of arguing with you.

Take care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo

Heard a lot of weird analogies before but this one is right up there at the top.
If I have to make an analogy abt your comparison than it has to be compared with Ashrafuls shot selection

Hahahah.....sorry Ananna and HereWeGo, I guess I got a bit carried away there.

But my point was that although it is a democratic society, we can not make whatever comments we want to. Even though the comments are not against anybody, they will hurt our feelings (Raqibul jr's in this case). At least we should try to justify what we say.

Raqibul sr's comments were stated without a strong and justified reason.
Old March 1, 2011, 04:11 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Hahahah...psi bhai money hoi Rokibul senior-er khepa/angry protibeshi/neighbour!!! Khub regey achen bodh hoi dada onno kono ekta karoney...hahahah! Dui basha-Balcony/varnadah-te shukatey dieche amer/boroi/jol-pie-er achaar/aam-shotto...Rokibul senior` money hoi churi korey achar kheye feleche jeta psi bhai-er amma/khalamma baniechilen tai khub khege achen dada..Proti-hingshar aguney dau dau korey jolchen money hoi psi dada!~

Dey rey Rokibul seniore dey achar tor pet theke ber korey dey rey!!!
No man, not really angry. The thing is this guy has a habit of issuing unreasonable comments. I think it is high time we try to put a stopper to his mouth.
Old March 1, 2011, 08:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by psi
Hahahah.....sorry Ananna and HereWeGo, I guess I got a bit carried away there.

But my point was that although it is a democratic society, we can not make whatever comments we want to. Even though the comments are not against anybody, they will hurt our feelings (Raqibul jr's in this case). At least we should try to justify what we say.

Raqibul sr's comments were stated without a strong and justified reason.
psi bhai. I understand why you are frustrated with Raqibul Sr. It sounds stupid that he wants Ash ahead of Rokibul in the XI. The thing is though it is his opinion and he believes that Ash is a better player then Rokibul. I know he should give reasons and he could do a better job explaining why he likes Ash so much. Just accept the fact that he's just not the best analyst. Also Rokibul Jr. would not get upset. You have to understand that he's a professional and knows people have their own opinions. Players have to deal with a lot of criticisms. So it should be absolutely nothing to his confidence.
Old March 1, 2011, 10:44 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
psi bhai. I understand why you are frustrated with Raqibul Sr. It sounds stupid that he wants Ash ahead of Rokibul in the XI. The thing is though it is his opinion and he believes that Ash is a better player then Rokibul. I know he should give reasons and he could do a better job explaining why he likes Ash so much. Just accept the fact that he's just not the best analyst. Also Rokibul Jr. would not get upset. You have to understand that he's a professional and knows people have their own opinions. Players have to deal with a lot of criticisms. So it should be absolutely nothing to his confidence.
I fully understand your point and acknowledge that what you say about Raqibul sr. is absolutely correct. But Raqibul jr is really not as professional as we might like him to be. Remember his retirement. But let us not digress from the topic of the thread. My request to you all is that those of you who are convinced that Raqibul sr's comments are at most times illogical and meaningless, please send a complaint to channel-i to prevent any further interviews of this guy.
Old March 1, 2011, 11:02 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Repost from a different thread...

Ok, he decided to stuck it out against Ireland, NOT THAT HE KNOWS ANY OTHER WAY TO BAT. He shall forever have a slow strike rate. He didnt even try to hit out against India on the power plays.... was still relying on singles...Mushy had to take the risk and thus perished.

Guys we no longer play for loosing respectively, its time that we start to play for wins and for that Raqib is not the answer. Yes with players like Ash, Alok, Shabbir , Shuvogoto , Milon, Ziaur Rahman etc.. We have the possibility of a much worse defeat but we can still dream of a win when we chase 370. There is no way that is a possibility with Raqib in the crease...

37 against Ireland in 60 odd balls and U are telling me that Bangladesh doesnt have players that could have done the same thing!!!! Thats just incredible...

But he is definately a great fielder and apple of JSiddons Eye.... otherwise he sucks...
not a national team material...

Raqib the senior is right..
If one or two of our top order batsmen had that 37 ball 60, we would have scored more that 240. They did not so Rokibul had to. Setuation demanded that. Without his 37, we lose by 10. Rokibul needs to be there for potential collapse that we see more often than we would like to with our batting. And he is an awesome fielder.

Last edited by Tupun; March 1, 2011 at 11:15 AM..
Old March 1, 2011, 11:10 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupun
If one or two of our top order batsmen had that 37 ball 60, we would have scored more that 240. They did not so Rokibul had too. Setuation demanded that. Without his 37, we lose by 10. Rokibul needs to be there for potential collapse that we see more often than we would like to with our batting. And he is an awesome fielder.
Right. Fielding is one aspect we all overlooked. Thanks Tupun for pointing out.
Old March 1, 2011, 11:12 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psi
Well he used to come at 4. But the problem is that Mushfiq had a good/better run at the domestics. But considering the fact that we occasionally go 4 down at the blink of an eye, I am not too unhappy with Raqibul coming at 6.
i think those days r gone now. We score 50 runs regulrly with our opening pair now a days. So ROK can anchor the inning from one end and others can play around him. If he bats at #6, he should develop some powerhiting skils which rather seems unlikely. Particulerly india match was worse in this case.

Old March 1, 2011, 11:17 AM
Street Cricketer

Raqibul(Senior) Er Cricket Somporke 0.00001% Cricket Knowledge Nai
Old March 1, 2011, 11:35 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
i think those days r gone now. We score 50 runs regulrly with our opening pair now a days. So ROK can anchor the inning from one end and others can play around him. If he bats at #6, he should develop some powerhiting skils which rather seems unlikely. Particulerly india match was worse in this case.

True. Tamim and Imrul gives us 50+ scores very often, but I am genuinely concerned about the consistency of Junaid and at times Shakib/Mushfiq. Hence we go down by 4 wickets very quickly once we lose Tamim and Imrul.

What we can do is to lift Raqibul to 3 and push Junaid to 6. Junaid with his power hitting abilities can come in handy there. I am quite happy with reshuffling. BUT Raqibul jr is too good a player to be left out.
Old March 1, 2011, 11:40 AM
Cricket Legend

When I watched the T20 between India and Bd in the T20 WC in England, Raqibul seemed like a horrible batsman. I guess there is a difference between watching him directly and watching it in tv. You realize this guy is totally out of place. But I also have to admit that mushfiq looked out of place as well. They may just get in an ODI side but for T20 for sure no. Zunaed also struggle rotating the strike and playing with soft hands(something which Asraful can do), but I think he is quicker learner than Raqibul.

Problem wtih Ashraful is that he wants quick runs. Thats the way he always batted, high risk approach. The way he was dismissed against Ireland, tried to play a scoop over the fineleg fieler when he was 1. Cant he just score cutting the risky shots?? Why is it so hard for him, when everyone else can do it?
Old March 1, 2011, 11:48 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psi
True. Tamim and Imrul gives us 50+ scores very often, but I am genuinely concerned about the consistency of Junaid and at times Shakib/Mushfiq. Hence we go down by 4 wickets very quickly once we lose Tamim and Imrul.

What we can do is to lift Raqibul to 3 and push Junaid to 6. Junaid with his power hitting abilities can come in handy there. I am quite happy with reshuffling. BUT Raqibul jr is too good a player to be left out.
exactly. Also we can alter SN and IMROSE

Old March 1, 2011, 11:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Uff..man...I do not know what that old guy think of himself ! He talks crap but he acts as if he knows the best and we people are ignorant ******** !

Habibul Bashar and Aminul talk sensibly and they do not impose their thoughts on viewers unlike that old guy !
That old guy is un officially the Number 01 test Cap of Bangladesh. And by nature also he is probably a bit authoritarian type.

off course I was never his fan or his super slow batting.
Old March 1, 2011, 12:20 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Ash looked evil and deranged when he was doing that "Boxing Dance" or whatever you wanna call it. Or maybe he just had too much of the "happy stuff".Imma start calling him "Psycho Ash"
Old March 1, 2011, 01:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by psi
I fully understand your point and acknowledge that what you say about Raqibul sr. is absolutely correct. But Raqibul jr is really not as professional as we might like him to be. Remember his retirement. But let us not digress from the topic of the thread. My request to you all is that those of you who are convinced that Raqibul sr's comments are at most times illogical and meaningless, please send a complaint to channel-i to prevent any further interviews of this guy.
Ya what Rock did was unprofessional. We can't keep worrying about how he's feeling though after negative comments about him. Professional athletes should be handle all criticisms in general. If he does get affected by it then that means he's not mentally strong. So that shouldn't worry us at all.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old March 1, 2011, 02:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Did anybody watch today's program on "BanglaVision" ?? Mr. Rakibul Sr. got bambooed from Khaled Masud pilot and presenter. Mr. Rakibul Sr was arguing on UDRS without knowing anything. He was caught red handed when Pilot referred "Ian Bell" s out in the last match. Mr. Rakibul was mumbling and got agitated. hahaha...Presenter knew that Mr.Rakibul got out and he intensionally changed the topic.

That was EPIC !!!
Old March 1, 2011, 02:29 PM
ODI Cricketer

Roquibul Sr. was the best batsman and the one who came closest to representing Pakistan in the late 1960s. So please do not question his cricketing brains just because you do not agree to what he is saying. I do not actually agree with his opinion on Roquibul Jr. either, but that does not mean he does not have a point.

Some of you have said it was not a big deal that he scored 30 odd runs taking so many overs. Really? If Mushfique and he did not put a halt to the falling of wickets, we might just have been all out for around 150-160. Please give credit where it is due. Indeed the bowlers brought us the victory, but batting of these two and Naeem helped push the score to a level where there was this glimmer of hope. Not too many people mentioned it, but I think the captaincy of Shakib was top quality. You may have heard Gavaskar wondering why Shafiul was brought back just before his third spell against Ireland. The rest is now history. Anyway, I am digressing here.

I think we really need Roquibul in the team, though he does not score at a fast rate. Particularly, for our team where the batting is still very vulnerable - we need him. Some people may be confusing with 20/20. Fifty-over ODIs are really not that short games. There is scope and need to build innings in some games. So unless we have a better batsman or he is badly out of form, I feel he should be in the playing XI.

Old March 1, 2011, 02:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

We still have a habit of collapsing. It might have gotten a lot better then before but it still happens. I know it was a WU match against Pakistan but we had that game won with the start of Zunaed but then all of a sudden we went 5 down in no time. Then against Ireland we went from 53-0 to 86-4 in no time. So it means we still do it a lot. So having Rock and Mushy in there is a must. Like I said in another thread we should play Rock if the innings is collapsing quickly around us. However if we are going at a smooth rate and have plenty of wickets in hand then there is no need for rock to come in. If its after the 40th over then ash should go out and bat while rock should sit. We don't want Mushy and rock to bat together unless we are in a dire situation.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old March 1, 2011, 02:57 PM
Club Cricketer

Everytime I see Ash Bro I get upset and angry not knowing if the new crescent of the Eid will show today or not.... but when he shines love his batting styles.... dam poor dude....

If the planner cannot rely on the asset he/she cannot plan... Will Ash Bro fire or not fire is not good enough to make a plan....
Old March 1, 2011, 04:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket46
Roquibul Sr. was the best batsman and the one who came closest to representing Pakistan in the late 1960s. So please do not question his cricketing brains just because you do not agree to what he is saying. I do not actually agree with his opinion on Roquibul Jr. either, but that does not mean he does not have a point.

Some of you have said it was not a big deal that he scored 30 odd runs taking so many overs. Really? If Mushfique and he did not put a halt to the falling of wickets, we might just have been all out for around 150-160. Please give credit where it is due. Indeed the bowlers brought us the victory, but batting of these two and Naeem helped push the score to a level where there was this glimmer of hope. Not too many people mentioned it, but I think the captaincy of Shakib was top quality. You may have heard Gavaskar wondering why Shafiul was brought back just before his third spell against Ireland. The rest is now history. Anyway, I am digressing here.

I think we really need Roquibul in the team, though he does not score at a fast rate. Particularly, for our team where the batting is still very vulnerable - we need him. Some people may be confusing with 20/20. Fifty-over ODIs are really not that short games. There is scope and need to build innings in some games. So unless we have a better batsman or he is badly out of form, I feel he should be in the playing XI.

again we need a LIKE button in BC...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 1, 2011, 08:53 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket46

I beg to defer sir. Cricketing-playing talent is not the same as cricketing brain. Cricketing brain is the ability to assess a situation in a team/match and come up with effective plans to improve it. On the other hand cricket-playing ability is the ability to execute the plans successfully and effectively. These are two different abilities. This is the reason not all successful batsman/bowler are not good captains/analysts.

I do not contest the fact that Raqibul sr was very talented as a batsman, but I seriously doubt his analytical and assessment skills ergo his cricketing brain.
Old March 1, 2011, 08:56 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Did anybody watch today's program on "BanglaVision" ?? Mr. Rakibul Sr. got bambooed from Khaled Masud pilot and presenter. Mr. Rakibul Sr was arguing on UDRS without knowing anything. He was caught red handed when Pilot referred "Ian Bell" s out in the last match. Mr. Rakibul was mumbling and got agitated. hahaha...Presenter knew that Mr.Rakibul got out and he intensionally changed the topic.

That was EPIC !!!
hahahah.....damn.