facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 2, 2011, 08:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithviraj
stop finding excuses for every losses or future losses and .. win the match ...
freaking conspiracy theorists...
Not that i agree with the conpiracy theories, i find this comment of yours very insulting and of extreme poor taste. How would you feel if we called you rioters for rioting during cricket games, or losers for not being to accept defeat to any team?

Old March 2, 2011, 10:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Wonder how the pitch will behave....

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 2, 2011, 11:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

first let the WI-BD and ENg-SA games finish. the matches are nat far away 4th and 6th march.

then i will be back in this thread
Old March 3, 2011, 12:13 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

So, some broadcaster of a radio channel thinks match against us is an important one and suddenly we have a thread about that ???

Wait till friday morning when CZS would come to Radio Foorti for his match day special show...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old March 3, 2011, 12:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

They will crumble under such pressure in Chittagong, in spite of packing their team with South Africans. Something in the English air ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 3, 2011, 02:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

BD indeed is the most important match now for Eng. If they lose it they are risking elimination from WC 2011.
Old March 3, 2011, 03:08 AM
Cricket Savant

As always, the English press and the auto-genocidal cynicism would add to the pressure I'm sure they're feeling already.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 3, 2011, 03:44 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Freddie Flintoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
As always, the English press and the auto-genocidal cynicism would add to the pressure I'm sure they're feeling already.
The bigger the pressure the better England plays. They hate playing in low key matches with empty stadiums. They have a cup final mentality. So the bigger the crowd and the more at stake, the better they perform.
Old March 3, 2011, 03:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
The bigger the pressure the better England plays. They hate playing in low key matches with empty stadiums. They have a cup final mentality. So the bigger the crowd and the more at stake, the better they perform.
Not after losing to Ireland they don't.

We shall see, won't we?
Old March 3, 2011, 03:55 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Not after losing to Ireland they don't.

We shall see, won't we?
Well, I've been following English cricket very closely for more than a decade. What I have learnt from watching them is that they hate playing matches which have no hype surrounding them. Like the games against the Dutch and the Irish. But in hyped up games like the Indian match they lift themselves up.

Also they HATE being favourites. When everyone expects England to do well, almost always they perform miserably. But when they are written off, like they are now -- they are at their best. So I fully expect an England victory against the Saffers on Sunday.
Old March 3, 2011, 04:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Ash

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Love the way these Indians deny the fact that the ICC do everything they can to ensure big teams get through while us little guys are played for chumps. It's flippin' obvious we didn't get our 'home-advantage' pitch. Not saying we would've won for sure, but it certainly would've been a hell of a lot closer. Freaking ignorant Indian fans.
I think India didnt get the pitch they like to hav against ENG. They hav an awesome batting order which can do good on any kind of pitch so they should like to play non south asian teams on a spin track. So these ICC theories people making here dont make any sense to me.

Without fast bowling track any other kind of pitches will not give any extra advantages to England against Bangladesh. ICC may be like to see batting tracks which attract more people to see a match rather than a boring low scoring bowling pitch. If on batting pitch our batsmen cant make enough runs thats just our failure, we dont need to blame ICC, india or other crappy reasons to hide our poor display.
Old March 3, 2011, 04:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Also they HATE being favourites. When everyone expects England to do well, almost always they perform miserably. But when they are written off, like they are now -- they are at their best. So I fully expect an England victory against the Saffers on Sunday.
But when they face off against us they will be tagged as fav aswell. So are you saying they will LOOSE against US? I like your thinking ...
Old March 3, 2011, 05:24 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
But when they face off against us they will be tagged as fav aswell. So are you saying they will LOOSE against US? I like your thinking ...
No, after the loss against the Irish, a lot of people are EXPECTING them to lose against us. So, they will be very much up for it. Of course, that does not mean they're definitely gonna win the match, but the loss against Ireland has significantly damaged our chances of beating them.

Last edited by Jonas; March 3, 2011 at 06:18 AM..
Old March 3, 2011, 11:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

we really have a good chance,specially sice we will be playing them in ctg
Old March 3, 2011, 11:18 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujon
Well its easy to criticise i nthe hindsight. If we got out for 200 against India you would certainly say they should have play for NRR blah blah. The way we were playing that day we should have scored 320 atleast, but no sense talking about past now.

Now to your point, we showed our tougher side in the game against Ireland, didn't we. Winning from a losing position and beleiving all the way that we are gonna win certainly showed a lot of mental strenghth and strong character. We are not that kind of team anymore. So keep hanging beside the team and I am sure u'll have lots of good things to say about the team later. Cheers.
Exactly! Very well said bro.
Old March 3, 2011, 11:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

I feel that if we do proceed on to the qfs it will be at the expense of England and not the West Indies.
Old March 3, 2011, 11:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
thats why england have lost in the finals of WC the most no of times
Old March 3, 2011, 12:27 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
thats why england have lost in the finals of WC the most no of times
I was talking about the last decade -- not about what happened 20 years back.
Old March 3, 2011, 12:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
You better hope they don't lose that game against SA. Otherwise, they will be VERY scared when they play Bangladesh in CTG. And the stadium will be packed to the max. Few might even be on the treetops and every vantage points.
Old March 3, 2011, 12:47 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
You better hope they don't lose that game against SA. Otherwise, they will be VERY scared when they play Bangladesh in CTG. And the stadium will be packed to the max. Few might even be on the treetops and every vantage points.
The big crowd, and the noise will help them actually -- even though the crowd will be against them. The crowd pressure lifted them in the match against India. But the best scenario for me would be if England can beat SA and the WI, and lose against Bangladesh.
Old March 3, 2011, 02:13 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
I was talking about the last decade -- not about what happened 20 years back.
How many WC has ENG won the last decade?
Old March 3, 2011, 02:45 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: iceman

eng are most likely to lose to SA and win against WI. if they lose against us heir point will be 5. so they will be out . c'mon BD kick those firingis out of the WC ( amar boss hunle khun koira falaibo amare)
Old March 3, 2011, 02:50 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Who is this Jonathan Oldnew?
Old March 3, 2011, 03:55 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Who is this Jonathan Oldnew?
I have never come across this surname before.
Old March 3, 2011, 05:56 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by parvez
I think India didnt get the pitch they like to hav against ENG. They hav an awesome batting order which can do good on any kind of pitch so they should like to play non south asian teams on a spin track. So these ICC theories people making here dont make any sense to me.

Without fast bowling track any other kind of pitches will not give any extra advantages to England against Bangladesh. ICC may be like to see batting tracks which attract more people to see a match rather than a boring low scoring bowling pitch. If on batting pitch our batsmen cant make enough runs thats just our failure, we dont need to blame ICC, india or other crappy reasons to hide our poor display.
this is precisely whats I wanted to tell you guys... if India wanted every pitch should have been extremely spin friendly which is obviously not the case... given India's weak bowling and emphasis on spin attack a flat batting wicket actually works against India.....
So I will hope someday you guys who think India or BCCI decides the pitch that they get for their matches would think through their hat and come to the correct conclusion.....
I wish only good for BD cricket ...otherwise why would I spend more time on BD forum then Indian forum... but what beats me is that intention of a section of fans to keep a bunch of excuses ready to be used in case of an adverse result...

what if BD match gets a spin friendly pitch... you are going to adhere to the logic that BD influenced ICC to get a spin friendly pitch..? or then it is ICC who decides the pitch... just don't change your position based on your convenience...