facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 2, 2011, 06:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

This win will prove to be a watershed win for Irish cricket also because of the identity of their most recent victim.

Quote:
Harper added that the win was not only a boost for Irish cricket but also the entire nation at a time of gloom across the island.

"This victory should also prompt the new government to take Irish cricket seriously. We have just laid the wickets down in a new national cricket stadium at Malahide, just a few miles away from here. We need a stadium that can be fit to hold Test matches, and after today the new government should sit up and take notice at what their cricket team has done for our country."

Ireland stunned England with a run chase that practically defied belief. At one point bookmakers were offering 150-1 for an Irish win. One presenter on RTÉ radio today compared Ireland defeating England in cricket to the English winning a hurling match against an Irish county.

The newly elected prime minister, Enda Kenny, said the team's victory in India would lift the nation's spirit. "Ireland's victory marks one of the finest days in Irish sport, and my warmest congratulations go out to each and every member of the squad after this historic win.

"Their supreme effort will lift the spirits of every single Irish person, no matter where they are in the world. Ireland's performance is truly inspiring, demonstrating that, with self-belief, the apparently impossible can be made possible, and that real change can occur."

READ MORE
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Old March 2, 2011, 06:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Niccolo Machiavelli

^^^ The true Celtic heart. Irish are a real warrior nation as history tells us.
Old March 2, 2011, 06:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by view360
^^^ The true Celtic heart. Irish are a real warrior nation as history tells us.
Amen to that bro.

I'm SO PROUD to be of the Irish of South Asia today (other than the drinking that is)! As proud as our Irish brothers and sisters ought to be of being the Bangladeshis of Europe, minus the petit-bourgeois self-loathing, endemic corruption, overall incompetence and the Razakar influence.

GOD bless the Irish and their beautiful land!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 2, 2011, 06:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Amen to that bro.

I'm SO PROUD to be of the Irish of South Asia today (other than the drinking that is)! As proud as our Irish brothers and sisters ought to be of being the Bangladeshis of Europe, minus the petit-bourgeois self-loathing, endemic corruption, overall incompetence and the Razakar influence.

GOD bless the Irish and their beautiful land!
I am in fact sitting in Dublin right now while replying you this note.
Old March 2, 2011, 06:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by view360
I am in fact sitting in Dublin right now while replying you this note.
How are they reacting as the facts start to sink in? Do keep us posted bro.

Dublin is one of my favorite cities BTW.
Old March 2, 2011, 06:27 PM
Cricket Savant

To put this win in better perspective, Ireland beating England in Cricket World Cup is like China beating Brazil (not Spain) in soccer, AFTER Brazil had taken a 4-0 lead with 20 minutes left in the match. Epic stuff.
Old March 2, 2011, 06:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
How are they reacting as the facts start to sink in? Do keep us posted bro.

Dublin is one of my favorite places BTW.
Well , last Friday was the General election day here and the nation is still pre-occupied with a prospective new coalition government. However, any win against the English does not require much explanation
Old March 2, 2011, 06:28 PM
Cricket Savant

True that.
Old March 2, 2011, 11:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Were we this good when our cricketers were part time cricketers and full time workers? Or how was our 2nd World cup camping? Surely Ireland and their players benefited a lot from England (which also has a downfall = Morgan) and also keeping an eye on the fact that current state of cricket is much better than the 90s.

So how do you judge our early days vs Ireland early days?
A good portion of Irish players are in the English County system. We never really had a strong domestic league. Maybe now domestic are a bit more competitive, not sure.
Old March 2, 2011, 11:51 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

View360 is in Ireland?
Old March 3, 2011, 12:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Say I am an engineer, now I see a doctor is earning 300k where I am only earning 120k. Do I suddenly try to become a doctor and earn 300k or try to become a better engineer and earn 300k?

I know it would be amazing to have a player like Yusuf Pathan, Albie Morkel, Shahid Afridi in the team, but our players are capable of doing what these guys can do [chase 320-340] with the current skill they have.

Just another thing guys, the boundary yesterday was extremely short on one end. KOB hit a six of 58 metres, shots like those will end up in mid wicket's hands in Mirpur.
Old March 3, 2011, 12:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
Say I am an engineer, now I see a doctor is earning 300k where I am only earning 120k. Do I suddenly try to become a doctor and earn 300k or try to become a better engineer and earn 300k?

I know it would be amazing to have a player like Yusuf Pathan, Albie Morkel, Shahid Afridi in the team, but our players are capable of doing what these guys can do [chase 320-340] with the current skill they have.

Just another thing guys, the boundary yesterday was extremely short on one end. KOB hit a six of 58 metres, shots like those will end up in mid wicket's hands in Mirpur.
Good observation.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 3, 2011, 01:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Do not get impatient. The coach is working hard for the past 3 (or 4?) years and in another 10 years we will produce some O'Briens, I mean, the 'sticking with the same side' mantra will make each of Riyadh, Roq and Mushy an O'Brien. I did not mention Ashraful in the list, because the coach will make him a ten Doeschate.
Old March 3, 2011, 01:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Do not get impatient. The coach is working hard for the past 3 (or 4?) years and in another 10 years we will produce some O'Briens, I mean, the 'sticking with the same side' mantra will make each of Riyadh, Roq and Mushy an O'Brien. I did not mention Ashraful in the list, because the coach will make him a ten Doeschate.
We've already produced them and they're in the team already waiting to win it all and then some. They're on the SidVision plan and will be revealed in.due.time. Impatience = NOT in the SidVision plan.

Last edited by Sohel; March 3, 2011 at 01:21 AM..
Old March 3, 2011, 01:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Arrey bhais sice the late great Maolana Bhasani saheb amader deshe amader kono leader nai, leadership nai, Dr. Yunus-ke lathi die ber korey dilo...aar apnara ekhaney kantesen amader deshe keno O'brien-er jonmo holo naa...pura pagol apnara bhais!
Old March 3, 2011, 01:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Arrey bhais amader deshe amader kono leader nai, leadership nai, Dr. Yunus-ke lathi die ber korey dilo...aar apnara ekhaney kantesen amader deshe keno O'brien-er jonmo holo naa...pura pagol apnara bhais!
Yunus O'Brien is also integral to the vision.
Old March 3, 2011, 01:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Arrey bhais sice the late great Maolana Bhasani saheb amader deshe amader kono leader nai, leadership nai, Dr. Yunus-ke lathi die ber korey dilo...aar apnara ekhaney kantesen amader deshe keno O'brien-er jonmo holo naa...pura pagol apnara bhais!
Shetai...taar cheye let's discuss the hottie in your avatar...is that ravz?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 3, 2011, 01:28 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
That's Parveen Babi AFAICR ... from "our" time
Old March 3, 2011, 01:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

We had one and that was Ash. Unfortunately the batting coach ruined him by trying to make him Gavaskar.
Old March 3, 2011, 01:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Quote:
That's Parveen Babi AFAICR ... from "our" time
Arrey Sohel dada, apnar buro boyoseo brain kintoo khub taja sharp!!! Ini amar favourite heroin! Amar bohoo diner shopno inakey diey ekta love/action/drama film banabo, Inshallah!!
Old March 3, 2011, 01:44 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi

Isn't it a bit uneven comparison? here the case is within the same profession. Like a good engineer and an average engineer. You can try to be a good engineer to earn more.

Even in pre 2007, we never gave up chasing a target, although we were much weaker than now. But we are losing that teeth of venom and just trying to become a "Dora Shaap". While some are still happy being a snake of any kind. I'm not. We need a couple of boyz down the order who can deliver some blows to help chase bigger targets.
Old March 3, 2011, 01:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Arrey Sohel dada, apnar buro boyoseo brain kintoo khub taja sharp!!! Ini amar favourite heroin! Amar bohoo diner shopno inakey diey ekta love/action/drama film banabo, Inshallah!!
Impossible to forget those pre-PC, pre-Internet, early VCR years bro. Before becoming religious and developing genuine disdain for Bollywood auposhongshkriti, the 12YO me used to fantasize about Zeenat Aman also. The naughtier, more vampish version of Ms. Babi.
Old March 3, 2011, 01:53 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Impossible to forget those pre-PC, pre-Internet, early VCR years bro. Before becoming religious and developing genuine disdain for Bollywood auposhongshkriti, the 12YO me used to fantasize about Zeenat Aman also. The naughtier, more vampish version of Ms. Babi.
Oohhh.me too me too Sohel bheiya...Zeenat Aman Parveen babi, Hema Malini, Megan Fox, Mauline Ackermann, Mila Jovovich, Sohel bahiya, hami tow eder chinta matha theke bahir kono bhabey korte pari naa...Stardust, FilimStar, OMG, TMZ....24/7...ami 40, married, but still this is all I can think like a teen-ager..ami to Sohel bhaiya Jahannam-er aguney purbo anonto kaal, ami nishchit....amar wife-tao dukkho peye duniyate amakey bod-dua die jabey...ami shesh Sohel bheiya! But..anyway, I scoot..Mod bhais will ban me or punish me for writing my personal problems in the match thread..ai hai!
Old March 3, 2011, 01:55 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Oohhh.me too me too Sohel bheiya...Zeenat Aman Parveen babi, Hema Malini, Megan Fox, Mauline Ackermann, Mila Jovovich, Sohel bahiya, hami tow eder chinta matha theke bahir kono bhabey korte pari naa...Stardust, FilimStar, OMG, TMZ....24/7...ami 40, married, but still this is all I can think like a teen-ager..ami to Sohel bhaiya Jahannam-er aguney purbo anonto kaal, ami nishchit....amar wife-tao dukkho peye duniyate amakey bod-dua die jabey...ami shesh Sohel bheiya! But..anyway, I scoot..Mod bhais will ban me or punish me for writing my personal problems in the match thread..ai hai!
Facebook me.
Old March 3, 2011, 02:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Isn't it a bit uneven comparison? here the case is within the same profession. Like a good engineer and an average engineer. You can try to be a good engineer to earn more.

Even in pre 2007, we never gave up chasing a target, although we were much weaker than now. But we are losing that teeth of venom and just trying to become a "Dora Shaap". While some are still happy being a snake of any kind. I'm not. We need a couple of boyz down the order who can deliver some blows to help chase bigger targets.
What I meant was, we were never hitters. But a team can still chase down 320-330 without ruthless hitting, Broad/Strauss showed it against India. Bangladesh showed it against Zim.

If we are an engineer and rely on players who will milk singles on their way to 300, we need to make them better 'engineers' who will milk even more singles/doubles and will have a higher chance of knocking down 300 runs. "Try to be better at who you are, rather than trying to be someone who you are not"