facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 15, 2012, 04:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
ok now let's see their batting ability and what we can expect from them

1. Tamim- around 70-80
2. Junaid/Jahurul/Nazimuddin/Shahriar or any jodu modu kodu will at best add another 30 runs
3. Anamul- Yet to be tested
4. Naeem- he will just hang in there as long as he can
5. Shakib- Mr 50, if he is lucky then will stretch it to 80-90
6. Mushfiq- 30-40
7. Riyad- 20-30
8. Nasir- 40-50

So based on this we should be able to put up a 300+ runs on a consistent basis and once in a while we will see someone getting that magical 100 and push the score further. So that's basically our batting ability regardless of the pitch. It's sad that we still haven't found a player who can score 100 on a consistent basis
anamul is potentially that player that will score 100 on a consistent basis, he is obviously great at converting 50s to 100s as he has more FC 100s than 50s. naeem has also been one of the better century scorers in domestics and hopefully with this test ton he'll carry that momentum on to being consistent at the test level. now for tamim, he's always had the ability and he's actually converted to centuries a lot more than other BD batsmen in the international game, being that he scored tons very consistently in the current NCL i have strong hope he will be able to translate that quite soon to the test level. shakib has had the ability to be one of the best batsmen for ages, but he more often than not struggles to convert 50s to 100s, he is mentally strong enough to get past this problem but it could take another couple of years. mushy has the ability also but mentally he's not there, i find that interesting because even though he wasn't scoring runs early on in his test career he was a player that would fight and try his best to hang in there and grind it out but he hasn't really developed that that part of his game yet.

i really don't think we should bat down to #8 though, if we do that the bowling suffers to much. just because we have a lot of middle order batsmen competing for spots in the XI doesn't mean we have to fit them all in, create some competition, the ones that can fit into the first 7 places play in that XI and the ones that don't are just going to have to keep scoring and keep pushing to knock someone out of the team and to take the opportunity when they get it.

if we always bat to #8 and our bowling isn't good enough to take wickets then we'll never be able to win test matches. some people might be content with BD drawing test matches, but most won't be and the rest of the world certainly won't see BD drawing test matches as good enough unless there are wins there to.

Old November 15, 2012, 05:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

1. Tamim
2. xx
3. xx
4. Naeem
5. Shakib
6. Mushy
7. Riyad / Nasir
8. Sohag
9. Sunny / Enamul
10. Mash
11. xx

I dont think we have good enough # 2 and 3 yet. Anamul/Mominul are not tested. We should play 4 full time bowler and Shakib. Riyad or Nasir both cant be in there. We need to aim to take 20 wickets.
Old November 15, 2012, 05:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarufH
1. Tamim
2. xx
3. xx
4. Naeem
5. Shakib
6. Mushy
7. Riyad / Nasir
8. Sohag
9. Sunny / Enamul
10. Mash
11. xx

I dont think we have good enough # 2 and 3 yet. Anamul/Mominul are not tested. We should play 4 full time bowler and Shakib. Riyad or Nasir both cant be in there. We need to aim to take 20 wickets.
i think at this stage this is probably the best team structure for BD. that way we get 5 frontline bowlers (counting shakib) and we get 7 strong batsmen. the only thing is i think mash's test days are done and i would try anamul for sure in home conditions maybe even mominul.

and i agree there isn't room for both nasir and riyad, one of their spots needs to go to a bowler. we shouldn't need 8 batsmen to score a decent total anyway, is a negative way of looking at things and it negatively affects the bowling unit and the potential of winning the match.
Old November 15, 2012, 05:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
anamul is potentially that player that will score 100 on a consistent basis, he is obviously great at converting 50s to 100s as he has more FC 100s than 50s. naeem has also been one of the better century scorers in domestics and hopefully with this test ton he'll carry that momentum on to being consistent at the test level. now for tamim, he's always had the ability and he's actually converted to centuries a lot more than other BD batsmen in the international game, being that he scored tons very consistently in the current NCL i have strong hope he will be able to translate that quite soon to the test level. shakib has had the ability to be one of the best batsmen for ages, but he more often than not struggles to convert 50s to 100s, he is mentally strong enough to get past this problem but it could take another couple of years. mushy has the ability also but mentally he's not there, i find that interesting because even though he wasn't scoring runs early on in his test career he was a player that would fight and try his best to hang in there and grind it out but he hasn't really developed that that part of his game yet.

i really don't think we should bat down to #8 though, if we do that the bowling suffers to much. just because we have a lot of middle order batsmen competing for spots in the XI doesn't mean we have to fit them all in, create some competition, the ones that can fit into the first 7 places play in that XI and the ones that don't are just going to have to keep scoring and keep pushing to knock someone out of the team and to take the opportunity when they get it.

if we always bat to #8 and our bowling isn't good enough to take wickets then we'll never be able to win test matches. some people might be content with BD drawing test matches, but most won't be and the rest of the world certainly won't see BD drawing test matches as good enough unless there are wins there to.
I hope Anamul does score 100s more consistently. Of course Tamim and Shakib are more capable of doing it. They have good techniques and can dismantle any bowling attack. The only problem is their temperament. They just can't settle their nerves once they cross 50 and they just rush it. Shakib has five and Tamim has three 85+ innings which easily could've been converted to 100. And the way they are still playing seems like they are not learning.

Actually I think the decision to bat down to 8 is ok as we still don't have many decent bowlers who are able to take 20 wickets. Our pacers are complete useless so I think we should go with one pacer. I know it's not ideal in test but if the pacers are just giving away too many runs and is not able to trouble the batsmen rather help them settle then it's better we take 2 spinners and we already have a full time bowler in Shakib. So that gives you 4 bowlers. Our spinners will at least stop the run flow and will try to take wickets. So as we have a toothless bowling attack, most of the time we will see the opposition scoring 500+ runs and the only way to match that is to have a deep batting line up.Specially when we know there is always 2 walking wickets in the line up.
Old November 15, 2012, 06:06 PM
Cricket Guru

i think in home conditions especially 5 bowlers is a good idea, even though the pacers don't take wickets the spinners do so anywhere with spin friendly conditions is BD's best chance of winning tests. i guess in pace friendly conditions there are more advantages of taking an 8th batsman since BD's pacers are basically ineffective no matter what and the spinners wicket-taking ability will be negated by conditions.
Old November 15, 2012, 06:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
i think in home conditions especially 5 bowlers is a good idea, even though the pacers don't take wickets the spinners do so anywhere with spin friendly conditions is BD's best chance of winning tests. i guess in pace friendly conditions there are more advantages of taking an 8th batsman since BD's pacers are basically ineffective no matter what and the spinners wicket-taking ability will be negated by conditions.
Yeah agree !!!
Old November 15, 2012, 06:36 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Mushfiq can play as #3 in test for the time being. He has technique to do well
Old November 15, 2012, 06:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaL-PurusH
Mushfiq can play as #3 in test for the time being. He has technique to do well
not sure on that, he has had trouble with quality pace plus he keeps wicket so it would be physically very tough for him to bat at #3 also, unless you want to bring in another keeper.
Old November 22, 2012, 10:33 AM
ODI Cricketer

1. Tamim
2. Send anyone wearing kits and carrying bat
3. Naeem
4. Riyad
5. Shakib
6. Nasir
7. Amader ladder

Rest of them should be bowlers. Just field this team for next 1 yr and hope all the Haques get prepared and keep putting pressure on everyone to perform.
Old November 22, 2012, 10:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

My future test line up from current bunch:
1. Tamim
2. Anamul
3. Nasir
4. Naeem
5.Shakib
6. Mushy
7. Riyad
8. Shohag
9. Sunny
10. Rubel
11. ........
Old November 22, 2012, 05:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
My future test line up from current bunch:
1. Tamim
2. Anamul
3. Nasir
4. Naeem
5.Shakib
6. Mushy
7. Riyad
8. Shohag
9. Sunny
10. Rubel
11. ........
that's a good line-up but i think in the long run there will be a few batsmen pushing hard to take a middle order spot e.g. mominul, shuvagata, tasamul.
Old November 22, 2012, 06:00 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

The way I see it. Anamul should be our future #3. I would play Jahurul as the 2nd opener in our next Test against Sri Lanka. I've got a feeling we'll be playing musical chairs with #2 for a while. In the long run once Anamul is settled as a Test batsman I'd bump him upto #2 and stick Nasir at #3. In that way we'd no longer have any deadwoods in the team and we can have 5 bowlers.

Present lineup:

1. Tamim
3. Anamul
4. Naeem
5. Shakib
6. Mushy
7. Nasir
8. Mahmudullah
9. Sohag
10. Rubel
11. Nazmul

Future lineup:

1. Tamim
2. Anamul
3. Nasir
4. Naeem
5. Shakib
6. Mushy
7. Mahmudullah
8. Sohag
9. Elias
10. Rubel
11. Nazmul
Old November 22, 2012, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

There's no future if they can't score 500 on a batting paradise.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 22, 2012, 06:30 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Well we have 3 different formats and based on record and ability these would be my preferred lineups full time:

T20

01.Tamim
02.Ashraful
03.Shakib
04.Rahim
05.Nasir
06.Jahurul
07.Rahman
08.Mortaza
09.Razzak
10.Sunny
11.Nazmul

ODI

01.Tamim
02.Imrul
03.Anamul
04.Shakib
05.Nasir
06.Rahim
07.Mahmudullah
08.Mortaza
09.Razzak
10.Nazmul
11.Abul/Rubel/Shafiul

Test

01.Tamim
02.Shahriar
03.Anamul
04.Naeem
05.Shakib
06.Rahim
07.Nasir
08.Mahmudullah
09.Mortaza (If he's fit) or Rubel/Nazmul
10.Gazi/Sunny
11.Abul/Nazmul
Old November 22, 2012, 07:54 PM

I've got a feeling Sohag will be used in all 3 formats especially after the way McCullum took our 1 dimensional 3 man SLA attack apart in a T20. Sohag can bat a bit too.
Old November 22, 2012, 08:24 PM
Cricket Guru

i agree i think sohag will be used in all 3 formats and i think mominul is close to a call-up in all 3 formats so we may well find him in the team in at least one format soon.
Old November 22, 2012, 08:49 PM

Not sure about Mominul. What position would you play him? Anamul has a better chance due to positions available at the top of the order.
Old November 22, 2012, 08:53 PM
Cricket Guru

yes well mominul is a middle order bat, #3 at the highest, so i'd either have him at 3 or have him replace riyad, at least in ODIs. riyad's bowling is most effective in t20s, i don't think we'll miss it much in ODIs and tests. so in ODIs he'd take riyad's spot, in tests he could take the #3 spot. for some reason i have a feeling he's going to get his chance in the up coming one-dayers or in the t20.
Old November 22, 2012, 09:40 PM

If he takes #3 where would you put Anamul? The only way I see him in the ODI team is if they put Anamul at #2 and Mominul at #3. I don't think they'd debut both at the same time so I'd debut Anamul first and then take it from there. I'd keep Riyad at 7 for now.
Old November 22, 2012, 09:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

I guess selectors are grooming anamul to take #3. He's been playing at #3 in everywhere
Old November 22, 2012, 10:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Manc
If he takes #3 where would you put Anamul? The only way I see him in the ODI team is if they put Anamul at #2 and Mominul at #3. I don't think they'd debut both at the same time so I'd debut Anamul first and then take it from there. I'd keep Riyad at 7 for now.
anamul could play at #2, and i already said i'd probably selected mominul over riyad.
Old November 23, 2012, 12:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Provided they don't decline over the years, I think we'll see the following batting lineup 3 years from now:

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Soumya Sarkar
3. Anamul Haque Bijoy (WK)
4. Shubhagoto Hom/Mushfiqur Rahim/Mominul Haque Shourobh/Asif Ahmed Ratul/Nayeem Islam/Liton Kumar Das
5. Shakib Al Hasan (C)
6. Nasir Hossain
7. Mahmudullah Riyad/Nurul Islam Sohan (WK)
8. Abul Hossain Raju
9. Shohag Gazi
10. Taskin Ahmed Tajin
11. Rubel Hossain
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 23, 2012, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

And even with that lineup, we will continue to lose to Turkmenistan.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old November 23, 2012, 09:13 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Tajikistan, definitely. Uzbekistan, probably. Kazakhstan, possibly. Kirghizistan, never.

Not sure about Turkmenistan at this point.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)