facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 27, 2012, 12:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Default Burmese Conflict Rant.

What's good in the hood BC?

So firstly, this isn't something new. In fact, it's stale news. If you follow the news, we have been taking in Rohiingya refugees for a long time now. There are now at least 500,000 of them in Bd, some reports claim a million! For a country with a population crisis, that is an absurd amount of people to let in. And yet we have not only let them in, but assimilated them, giving them permanent status. We have done this for a good many years now. The red flags should have gone up then. Why exactly did we do it? Myanmar kept pushing more and more folks in, and we gobbled them up albeit with some reluctance. But still doesn't change the fact that we did.

Now for the first time in many years, we do the right thing by attempting to stymie the flow of Rohingyas, and violence erupts at the same time in Myanmar. It is no coincidence my dear friends. It is clear to me that this is the work of the Junta there. Not a result of communal tension or back and forth tit for tats. This is the systematic killing of the Rohingyas by their own nation. They will either force them all out or kill them.

Myanmar is being unreasonable and forcing these terrible decisions on our shoulders. We don't like to be pushed to the verge of making great moral decisions. Burma must fall! It was once part of the bengal presidency anyway, we must take it back! The only problem is Burma's military is equal if not better to ours. It's true, do a comparison and you'll see. And yet if we could somehow pull off an upset victory, we could control a huge chunk of the Golden Triangle ( world's second largest poppy growing region). The revenues we would get from the crop would be mind blowing! By the way, a fun fact for you, it's the same way the Burmese Army funds most of their army. Imagine that, a country having slightly better armed forces than us just by the virtue of poppy.

But boy I would be happy, if Sheikh Hasina gives them an ultimatum right about now. Looking straight into the camera and threatening to declare war( George Bush style).

Keep it 100,

Roey

Old August 27, 2012, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Yo yo yo, waddup Bangies! Whatchu cookin' dat smellin'?

Yo check dis out ma' Bangies, ain't no Rohingya gonna poop yo momma's birthday par-tay, ain't no Burmese gonna steal yo baby's food no more, cuz ma' brotha' Roey Haque in da HOUSE ma' Bangies! Roey Haque 'n ma' PM grandma gonna take 'em enemies to da river, gonna drown 'em Burmese soldiers till dey can frown no more. Dat some serious alliance s**t goin' on with the RH and da PM dere, you know what I'm sayin'? Ain't no lungi-wearin' big city Bangy gonna go back home to dem hills 'n sing, "I know way too many Rohingyas here dat I didn't know last year, who da *bleep* ya'll, who da *bleep* ya'll"...

But RH ma' Bangy brotha' from a different motha', why so much hate for dem Rohingyas? Why so much beef wid dem brothas' 'n sistahs' from ma hood? Dem be humans, we be humans, we be lovin' dem, dem be lovin' us. We be happy family like dem kids from da Barney show, diggit? Cuz I be diggin' ma' Rohingya brothas' and sistahs' 'n dem be diggin' me. Dat a lotta circular diggin' amidst all da political s**t dem leaders be puttin' us thru, you feel me?

Spread da love ma' man, cuz you Roey Haque, is da savior of da human race, of Bangies, of dem Rohingyas, of dem Chinese, of dem Italians 'n of dem Portuguese. Ain't no matta' what yo' race is, ain't no matta' what yo' color is, ain't no matta' who you are, where you from, whatchu did, as long as you be lovin' me...

But da fact remains, ain't nothin' to worry, cuz we got Roey, cuz RH got more political bling, dan da gr8 Mackenzie King. He gonna save our Bangy name, shave us of shame, take us to fame, and we ain't gonna take no blame.

Keepin' it 110
Old August 27, 2012, 03:19 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Another ATMR classic!
Old August 27, 2012, 05:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Classic ATMR!
Old August 27, 2012, 05:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
But RH ma' Bangy brotha' from a different motha', why so much hate for dem Rohingyas?
Yo ATMR,

Did you actually care to read my post? Or jump at joy to make a satire as soon as you read the first line?

I'm not hating on the Rohingyas, I'm just being opportunistic. If my plan goes right, the Rohingyas can stay as Burma will take its orders straight from Gono Bhobon. It's a great tragedy which is pushing Bd to its moral precipice; unfairly so too. So I was being overly ambitious. Maybe it's utopian, but hey, that's why it's called a rant!

Keep it 100,

Roey
Old August 27, 2012, 05:41 PM
Administrator

The tragedy is someone can actually propose that we trade in a crop that is responsible for so many lives destroyed? What next? Slavery?

Think this through - tell us what would have transpired had India not hosted the 10+ million refuges from Bangladesh in 1971.
Old August 27, 2012, 06:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Think this through - tell us what would have transpired had India not hosted the 10+ million refuges from Bangladesh in 1971.

The two situations are completely different. Those refugees had an obligation to return once the war was over. It was strictly a temporary arrangement. This isn't. Bd already has 300,000 to a million Rohingyas, and guess what? They ain't going back! And the new ones coming in aren't coming in with the intention of going back either.

Keep it 100,

Roey
Old August 27, 2012, 06:21 PM
Administrator

How about responding also to my first point?
Old August 27, 2012, 06:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
How about responding also to my first point?
Look at this way, economics is evil. The poppy fields are here to stay as long as there is worldwide demand. Somebody has to and WILL milk that profit one way or another. Bd could really use that billion plus revenue.

Of course it's not right. I wish this conflict never arose. But I'm blinded my ambition I guess. I always thought we were cheated out of space, and with this conflict, it gives us a chance to free the rohingyas and take control of Burma at the same time.

Of course, the Burmese military would win, which I already talk about in my rant.

Keep it 100,

Roey
Old August 27, 2012, 06:44 PM
Administrator

I rest my case.
Old August 27, 2012, 06:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I rest my case.
And your case was what exactly? That I'm morally vile? I dish out thoughts and attempt to entertain as well as educate. It may come across as evil sometimes, but I wish for nothing more than playful contemplation.

Keep it 100,

Roey
Old August 27, 2012, 06:57 PM
Administrator

You said it.

Peace out.
Old August 28, 2012, 12:17 AM
Cricket Savant

hehehe roey ki Ornobda naki...hehe

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 28, 2012, 03:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I somewhat agree with kobi Roey tHaqur.
kobi bolechilen.....
Old August 28, 2012, 04:15 PM
Banned

you gonna join BD in that fight roey haque ? Its your choice, either prove that you are a coward or you are a weirdo.
Old August 28, 2012, 04:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Were it not for the small matter of the tragedy that has befallen the Rohingyas, this thread would pass as some really funny s***.
Old August 28, 2012, 08:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matribhasha
you gonna join BD in that fight roey haque ? Its your choice, either prove that you are a coward or you are a weirdo.
Yes I will. As a national security advisor to pm Sheikh Hasina.

By the way, one can be both a coward and a weirdo, so your statement confuses me.

Keep it 100,

Roey
Old August 28, 2012, 08:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
Were it not for the small matter of the tragedy that has befallen the Rohingyas, this thread would pass as some really funny s***.
Who's to say it isn't now? Lol. Need to find humor in all this screwed up diplomacy.

Keep it 100,

Roey
Old August 28, 2012, 08:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I somewhat agree with kobi Roey tHaqur.
kobi bolechilen.....
Roey thaqur? I love it!

This too from Simon the caption commissioner? I could retire today happy!

Keep it 100,

Roey
Old August 28, 2012, 08:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
hehehe roey ki Ornobda naki...hehe
The frustrating moment when you can't catch a BC reference. Only if I knew who ornob da was.

Keep it 100,

Roey