facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old August 4, 2010, 01:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn
Default La liga Vs EPL

I prefer La liga. Most watchable league of the world. The quality of play and players are also better than EPL. Whats your choice?
Old August 4, 2010, 02:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

there are lots of things to write about ....... but now i have to take shower and lunch ....... so i will be back here when i get time to write a lot
Old August 4, 2010, 02:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
there are lots of things to write about ....... but now i have to take shower and lunch ....... so i will be back here when i get time to write a lot
LOL so why didnt you just post something when u did have time. We wouldnt have known the difference.
Old August 4, 2010, 10:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Btw the accusation of la liga being two horse race which someone will must bring is true. But one can accuse EPL in same manner. After the emergence of Chelsea it has been two horse race between them and ManU. Other teams didn't look threatening .
Here is some other points in favour of La Liga-
1. Best technical football
2. Spain having better Spaniard talent than that of England.
3. Most Latin influenced league as lifestyle and language of Latin and Spain are similiar. And Latin is the football hub of the world
4. Best and greatest players always want to play in La Liga. Infact almost all of the geniuses played La Liga as opposed to EPL where a few of them played.
5. Source of player: Mostly from Latin America and top Europe nations. Most of English players are from Africa and Europe. Latin America>>>>Africa
6. La liga's lower ranked clubs are underrated. They are having some good footballing talent in their team too.
7. Scouting and youth system is absolutely brilliant.
Old August 4, 2010, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

La Liga hands down. Better players, better teams, faster, better quality futbol. I agree about the lower ranked clubs being underrated - Spain are world champions today because their leagues and age group teams pump well groomed talent into the pipeline day in, day out. The EPL just never did it for me. Why settle for the second best, yeah?
Old August 4, 2010, 01:55 PM
Cricket Legend

EPL because now it is gone tighter in premiership after the rise of man city and tottenham...So there will be more competition also i like it more because it is so unpredictable even it is fun to see the battle in the relegating zone
Old August 4, 2010, 02:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
EPL because now it is gone tighter in premiership after the rise of man city and tottenham...So there will be more competition also i like it more because it is so unpredictable even it is fun to see the battle in the relegating zone
but you cant also deny top teams including top 2 gone mediocre. MU is struggling with some ageing stars and Chelsea too have some old stars.
Old August 5, 2010, 05:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Rafi_
but you cant also deny top teams including top 2 gone mediocre. MU is struggling with some ageing stars and Chelsea too have some old stars.
yhh thats true, i support chelsea and i know that they are going to struggle because we got to many old players
Old August 4, 2010, 08:55 PM
Cricket Legend

hehe... abar jigay....

Visca Barca !!!!!

p.s: La-liga is putting more emphasis on their Asia promotion every year..... and Africa will follow soon. South America is somewhat covered and North America can be skipped for now So its matter of time la-liga steal the limelight from EPL, and with Spain winning the worldcup this summer and England's WC debacle.... its just matter of time....
Old August 5, 2010, 01:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

La Liga is the combination of technical artistry and triangulated build-up at its best. The EPL, although vastly improved technically thanks to all those excellent foreign players who make the English ones look far better than they actually are, is still more about pace.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 5, 2010, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
La Liga is the combination of technical artistry and triangulated build-up at its best. The EPL, although vastly improved technically thanks to all those excellent foreign players who make the English ones look far better than they actually are, is still more about pace.
Sohel bhai, I like the way you think. The mediocrity of English players isn't really as inexplicable as a lot of people find it to be. The EPL has only its foreigners to thank.
Old August 5, 2010, 10:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

The Correct Answer is Bundesliga
Old August 14, 2010, 05:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
The Correct Answer is Bundesliga
may be within next 10 years they will be the best. They are financially very sound league, good market in Germany and Austria and stadiums are also larger. Bayern Munichen is currently one of top 3 team in the world and yet they are not suffering from debt.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old August 28, 2010, 11:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
cant be truer than this
Old August 7, 2010, 03:36 AM
Cricket Legend

TBH, I only watch Barca or Real Madrid in La Liga because of how Barcelona play and how much I love Xabi Alonso
Old August 14, 2010, 05:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangla-red
TBH, I only watch Barca or Real Madrid in La Liga because of how Barcelona play and how much I love Xabi Alonso
Tbh I only regularly watch matches between big four in EPL.
In LaLiga I watch all the matches relating Barca, RealM and some of the matches of Sevilla, At.M, Valencia etc.
And I never watch any EPL match twice but I never get tired to watch any match of Barca and RM again and again. In EPL I follow the league but in LaLiga I follow the FOOTBALL as well as the league.
Old August 8, 2010, 02:42 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

51% EPL - 49% La Liga!
Old August 28, 2010, 11:21 PM
Cricket Savant

its easier to follow EPL as out of the weekly 10 games 6-8 games are live on ESPN or Star Sports. and the timings are good for Saturdays and Sundays. and i almost watch all. because most of the games are fast paced and competitive, and the underdogs always try to put up a strong performance or resistance to upset the big boys. like fulham drew against man utd. last night wigan beat spurs. though these days some of the games sometimes become too boring when big teams like Chelsea or man utd completely dominates and thrashes opponents 4-0, 5-0. i hate to see games where there is no real competition from opponents because may be one team is playing great but the others are playing extremely poor. also the games where no big teams are involved are also very competitive but yes there will be some games where u may watch crap football by both team but those are rare in epl. may be one game in a week.

but very few La-Liga games are available live. only games involving Real Madrid and Barcelona. if u r a football fan who loves to watch ur favorite stars playing then u should watch barca and reals games, as certainly most of the fans favorite are playing their. with the good players available in their they are compulsive to play good football. but i think in La-Liga very few teams actually can put up resistance against these two. long long ago, deporotivo and betis, the mallorca, real sociedad and recently seville, valenica or atletico sometimes showing some competition. so these days i rarely follow la-liga unless real or barca are are playing a team who are in top 6-7. otherwise what i see is real or barca or dominating and thrashing a helpless team who dont have the abilty to withstand the power of real and barca. I RATHER FOLLOW SPANISH TEAMS MORE IN CL or EUROPA where they are playing against a stronger team from another country. and those games really are good quality more than often.

i always wish to see a game between two top 8 teams of la-liga excluding barca and real i.e is a game between valenica-sevilla-atletico but there are rare opportunity. also its hard to watch a game between two relegation candidates of la-liga. i really want to see how a game between them is. because such games in EPL are available. and unless i regularly watch those games i should not compare between EPL and la-liga. because if you want to compare then u have to compare all the teams and all the games.

and this debates will never have any decisive conclusion. but one big comparison in EPL and La-liga is EPL is more team-performance based, where spanish league is more individual performance of big players or latin players based. actually its easier for latin players to adapt in spain so its understandable why there are so many brazilian and argentines in spanish teams. they have two problems in england. first is the culture and second is the style of play. with more pace, tempo and aggression involved in EPL its hard for players who need time on ball to settle. as defenders is EPL will charge on u on no time. but in la-liga defenders holds off a bit and thus u see more use of individual brilliance. la-liga teams depend more on these individual performances where EPL teams are more using team strategies to counter the oppositions.

and finally if u compare the national players of spain and england, then just rewind to 2008 before spain won the euro cup. until then both england and spain were treated as nations with brilliant domestic leagues but pure national teams and overrated stars. even the raul, morientes, baraja, hiero, campo, mendieta, vicente, valeron, joaquin era could not achieve good things for spain. but since 2008 spain have gone far far ahead of england at least at international level. and england are going down.
Old August 29, 2010, 02:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Offstump vai, you should watch Bundesliga more. There no.1 regularly held by the no.20 and imo most competetive league of the world. If you go strenght by strenght B.Munich is the 3rd best team after Real and Barca and they often struggle against the lower half teams. Neo Sports show Bundesliga in BD and timing also comfortable.
Old August 29, 2010, 02:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Btw in LaLiga there are also fair competitions between top teams and lower teams except RM and Barca. They just reached different height and put those two team in EPL, you will see similiar results.
Old September 6, 2010, 12:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Good thread. Even though I watch and follow the EPL more (mainly due to availability) I will admit La Liga is comfortable ahead.

World XI (IMO):
------------------------Iker Casillas ------------------------------

Maicon-----Sergio Ramos-----Gerard Pique-----Ashley Cole

--------Andres Iniesta-----Wesley Sniejder-----Xavi----------

-----------Cristiano Ronaldo-------------Lionel Messi----------
--------------------------------David Villa-------------------------

8 play in the La Liga, 2 in Serie A and the other in the EPL. So no question.

Last edited by Equinox; September 6, 2010 at 12:23 PM..