facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 29, 2011, 05:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

He is no doubt a very good coach and we were lucky that we had him for the breif perid that we did. BCB definitely had to consider their budget but were not prudent enough to invest in future as Sri Lankans or England has been doing. We go for whoever we can find with the money and hope for the best. That happend to our Soccer team and we all know where they stand now!!! Loitta Kamal being an accountant, he will only think of balancing the books than investing for future..

I hope that once we do have the franchises set up for BPL, one of the regions will invite him to be the coach, as I am expecting that they may have long term plans and will invest in good coaching staff.

Old September 29, 2011, 05:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIKBoss
I always thought Lillee was only a coach because he was a great bowler, he coached many indian bowlers and they have yet to produce a fast bowler
He coached at MRF Foundation, which did produce players like Chaminda Vaas and our own Mashrafee bin Mortaza!!
Old September 29, 2011, 06:33 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
He is no doubt a very good coach and we were lucky that we had him for the breif perid that we did. BCB definitely had to consider their budget but were not prudent enough to invest in future as Sri Lankans or England has been doing. We go for whoever we can find with the money and hope for the best. That happend to our Soccer team and we all know where they stand now!!! Loitta Kamal being an accountant, he will only think of balancing the books than investing for future..

I hope that once we do have the franchises set up for BPL, one of the regions will invite him to be the coach, as I am expecting that they may have long term plans and will invest in good coaching staff.
I don't think he is thinking about the team like an accountant. A good accountant takes a long-term view and tries to maximize profit. Clearly, having a successful team is the easiest way to increase profit. He is a politician in or out of BCB.
Old September 29, 2011, 06:51 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
He coached at MRF Foundation, which did produce players like Chaminda Vaas and our own Mashrafee bin Mortaza!!
yea but i was talking about FAST bowlers, which is what ian pont is supposed to specialize in. Fast as in waqar or donald.
Old September 29, 2011, 07:16 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIKBoss
yea but i was talking about FAST bowlers, which is what ian pont is supposed to specialize in. Fast as in waqar or donald.
Didn't Pont coach Steyn when he was coming up?
Old September 29, 2011, 09:03 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
Didn't Pont coach Steyn when he was coming up?
Yea Ian pont did help in Steyn's development