facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 25, 2010, 01:30 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner
Default next top XI (yet to be debut) for national team candidate in near future

i think, crying over ashraful and waiting for EID special time is over. we already have Mushfiq rahim, naeem, mahmudullah, sakib, tamim who is taking control of BD cricket. Hope to get more consistency from them.

here is MY XI, who has great future and impressed me with their performances and I am very hopeful to see them in national team in near future, may be not in one year or 2 year but i am sure we will see them as a hard competitor

here is my next best XI

1. Shohrawardi shuvo---- he is the best at this moment, outside of national team, a super allrounder, consistent, have lots of under19 international experiences and plus highest wickettaker in DPL

2. Farhad hossain---- he is a good performer with both bat and ball, his recent century proves, he is here to stay. he is a good batsman plus handy pace allrounder--which we have been searching for last few years--a pace allrounder

3.Subhasis Roy---- I am very impressed with his pace and line and length, i think he should get chance before another pacer

4. Anamul hauque---- we have few wkt keeper who can bat and keep, mithun ali, dhiman, sahagir---- but i think anamul hauque is yng, energetic and better than others in batting

5. saqlain sajib--- though we have plenty SLA at the moment, but his performances and consistency is noticeable

6. najmul Hossain Milon------ also known as sixer Milon like naeem, he had great year in DPL last year, among the top ten batsman, i think he will be great in 20/20 version, where BD sucks.

7. Marshall Ayub--- he has been performing for last several years, still need to get big score

8. Rony talukder-- dashing opener, who played for abahoni and had some big score, came from under 19 and solid background

9. Nasir Hossain---- i always rate him highly. he can be effective allrounder, but we have plenty spinner at the moment, he is very consistent too

10. Elias sunny---- his allround ability was noticeable in the last DPL, highest wkttaker in DPL, plus can bat, he batted in top order and scored like 92 and 50s in several ocassions

11. Nabil samad---- again another SLA, he is among top 5 domestic bowler for last 5 years and so, he is highest wkt taker for last few years, but dont know how many spinner we need. but he is a good candidate.

Old January 25, 2010, 02:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

shamsur rahman: mixed bag actually but early on got high praise as a youngster, siddons said he has some weaknesses to work on before entering the nationalt eam, still needs to improve his consistency but one to keep in mind.

nazmus sadat: was rated highly early in his career, still has a pretty good list A record, not a horrible FC record and can chip in with the ball on occassions, definitely a good t20 prospect but might be a good ODI propsect as well and with the opening issues in the test team who knows.

delwar hossain: has a pretty good record, was sent to australia to train a couple of years ago, hasn't done much this season but has performed over the last couple of years.

emon ahmed: someone with poor stats but is highly rated, when the best pacer in the country (mash) says your the next big thing then you've got to have a bit about your bowling.

sajidul islam: should have been given more nationalt eam chances the last couple of years, good domestic performer, can score some valuable runs in the tail order. good pace and swings the ball.

robiul islam: just a good performer over the last couple of years, has had a couple of squad call-ups as well so selectors have been thinking of him.

mithun ali: kind of fizzled out but his explosiveness means he should always be consisdered in t20s.

mahmudul hasan: good solid u19 allrounder, doesn't take hauls of wickets or score centuries with a 100+ S/R but someone who almost never has a terrible game, often hold the innings together (with bat and ball) despite not being the "conventional" match winner.

shaker ahmed: u19 spinner who regularly takes wickets

sabbir rahman: can take bags of wickets and score lots of runs at a really rate, a leg spinner to add variation. for me a player who potentially might become a world class allrounder.
Old January 25, 2010, 03:43 AM
ODI Cricketer

Is there any other country in the world that has even half the number of left arm bowlers that we have? Conversely, I can't spot more than one conventional leg break bowler who can break into the national team...
Old January 25, 2010, 05:33 AM
Cricket Guru

atm there really aren't any leggies to break into the national team, best 3 are probably alok, sabbir rahman and raihanuddin arafat, not sure how good marshall ayub is with his leg spinners. noor hossain the u19 bowler is also a leggy. probably alok has the best shot at current....in the future i think sabbir rahman will be in contention for the national team.
Old January 25, 2010, 07:47 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player

With SHAKIB, MASHRAFEE, TAMIM, MUSHFIQUR RAHIM, MAHMUDULLAH, NAEEM, RUBEL, MAHBUBUL, Shafiul (also shahadat if he shows consistency), The following has the best chance to merge in and make the TOP national XI:

1. Shohrawardi Shuvo(c) : (sla = bats), u19+NCL performer

2. Mahmudul Hasan(vc) : (ob = bats), u19 performer

3. Alok Kapali : (bats > lb), ICL+ NCL performer

4. Anamul Haq : (wk < bats), u19 performer

5. Mithun Ali : (wk < bats), u 19 performer

6. Shabbir Rahman : (bats > lb), u19 performer,

7. Farhad hussain: (bats > fm), NCL performer

8. Rony Talukdar : (bats only), u19+NCL performer

9. Shaker Ahmed : (slao>>>bat) , u19 performer

10. Robiul : (rafm > bats), u19 performer

11. Alauddin Babu(rafm > bat), U19 performer

other potentials: Noor Hussain, Abul Hasan raju, Dollar Mahmud, Subhasish Roy, Tashamul, Nabil Samad and maybe AFTAB AHMED

(living at the edge: Ashlafool, Kunaid kiddiqi)
Old January 25, 2010, 12:29 PM
Banned

Nice analysis by umar and gowza

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old January 26, 2010, 08:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Emerging Cricketers Eleven:
Rony Talukder
Anamul+
Shamsur Rahman
Marshal Ayub
Farhad Hossain
Nasir Hossain
S.Hom
Suhrawardy Shuvo
Sabbir Rahman
Abul Hasan
Shuvasish Roy

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 26, 2010, 09:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

Noor hussain would be a great asset if he is guided properly..........
Old January 26, 2010, 01:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by samircreep
Is there any other country in the world that has even half the number of left arm bowlers that we have? Conversely, I can't spot more than one conventional leg break bowler who can break into the national team...
maybe we can do some sort of trade with OZ or SA
Old January 26, 2010, 01:53 PM
Banned

This under 19 might be choker but there is talent, so many all rounders

Mahmudul
sabbir
saikat
noor hossain
they can bat and bowl

Old January 26, 2010, 02:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

I would rather be talking about next upcoming constant performers, rather than debuts.
Old January 26, 2010, 02:11 PM
Banned

Warwolf that's a good idea
share ur opinion

Old January 26, 2010, 02:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Shabbir Rahman would be the next best thing for bangladesh after Shakib al Hasan....

You heard here first folks...That guy is a pure alrounder and will be in the national team real soon, mark my word....

Although there has been lots of talk about Anamul haque but if I had to choose 1 man from this U-19 bunch than that would be Shabbir....
Old January 26, 2010, 02:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Uncapped BD XI:
Anamul Haque+
Rony Talukder
Farhad Hossain
Marshall Ayub
Mahmudul Hasan
Shuvagoto Hom
Shabbir Rahman
Shurwardy Shuvo*
Saqlain Shajib
Robiul Islam
Shuvashish Roy

Mithun Ali, Shamsur Rahman, Emon Ahmed, Abul Hasan
Old January 26, 2010, 03:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Shabbir Rahman would be the next best thing for bangladesh after Shakib al Hasan....

You heard here first folks...That guy is a pure alrounder and will be in the national team real soon, mark my word....

Although there has been lots of talk about Anamul haque but if I had to choose 1 man from this U-19 bunch than that would be Shabbir....
i earmarked him as a potential genuine allrounder for the national team months ago. best thing about him is that he's a leg spinner.