facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old March 22, 2016, 12:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKohli
Can you please leave bcci out of this.. they have nothing to do with taskin's case nor they care..

ICC is what you should be worrying about.
I apologise sincerely, I was meant to write ICC, wrote BCCI.. Heads not working properly bro, emotions taking over. Indians fans don't be provoked, genuine mistake, thanks.

Old March 22, 2016, 01:02 PM
Cricket Legend

If Bangladesh play to their potential they can win,also depends on pitch.
Old March 22, 2016, 01:03 PM
First Class Cricketer

has tamim recovered yet? i hope he does, we badly need him tomorrow. i will give soumya a final chance just because we dont have anyone to replace him but mithun should be dropped from the squad permanently, such a outrageous player and a moron of highest standard.
Old March 22, 2016, 01:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modad
..., such a outrageous player and a moron of highest standard.

I understand Mithun was lucky to be selected in the team and not the fan's choice and he may very well be a journey man player. But why is he a moron? Would you please care to explain?

Mithun doesn't select himself.

Its the selectors who selected him. Are the selectors Moron?
The selectors doesn't select the final 11. In all likelihood haturu daa and mashrafee continue to select Mithun. Are Haturu daa and Mashrafee Moron?
Old March 22, 2016, 01:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I felt the Australia match got away from us. It was there to be won!
Old March 22, 2016, 01:49 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I understand Mithun was lucky to be selected in the team and not the fan's choice and he may very well be a journey man player. But why is he a moron? Would you please care to explain?

Mithun doesn't select himself.

Its the selectors who selected him. Are the selectors Moron?
The selectors doesn't select the final 11. In all likelihood haturu daa and mashrafee continue to select Mithun. Are Haturu daa and Mashrafee Moron?
ok i might have overreacted there a little bit but i suggest you go and watch the highlights of the game against Australia to see where am coming from... he had this expression on his face while dropping catches from left, right and center. a normal person wont do that in a do or die match where the reputation of your team and country is on the line. he's misfielding also costed about 8 runs in total.
Old March 22, 2016, 02:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
It is a Baishakhi festival. Of course it will have Ilish (Hilsa) - Rui (Ruhu).

Special Goru'r rezala. Bhishon Jhal diye ranna hobay. Bairey dekchi niye!!! Kono Bhabi'ra ei ranna'r kasey ashbe na. Aren't you at Tennessee?
May I join the party too?
Old March 22, 2016, 02:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Quote:
To WHOM IT MAY CONCERN....

HEAR HEAR!!!!!

1. We the BD resident of Little Rock have decided, if by any chance with our C team, we beat Ind; Cows will be sacrificed and a feast will be held at the Baishakhi get together. Everyone is invited. Free food and entry for our Ind friends.

2. Right after the match we will sign a petition to BCB to bring back the team from WC. Don't even need to play Guptil. Just come back. New Mission accomplished.
This post comes across as a very poor taste.
Old March 22, 2016, 02:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modad
he had this expression on his face while dropping catches from left, right and center. a normal person wont do that in a do or die match where the reputation of your team and country is on the line. he's misfielding also costed about 8 runs in total.
As far as I know he dropped JUST one catch ( not three catches you stated above) and people are debating was it indeed his catch to take or Mashrafe's?

I agree smiling after dropping a catch is a very bad body language that need to change. But was he the only BD players who dropped catches and smiles? To my recollection Sakib did it, Nasir did it... some other players also did it in the past. May be its in our culture and may be this smile is coming from being embarrassed than being really happy. So from that perspective Sakib, nasir, and quite a few of our players were also Moron.

Was it a do or die game? Then how come Mashrafee and the whole team was soo lethargic in that game. From that perfective is it fair to say that not only Mitun, but the whole team were a bunch of Morons?

I rest my case your honor.
Old March 22, 2016, 02:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Few things need to be sort out.

1. Please please please even by mischance win the toss
2. If SS is in the team, please play in middle order (he just can't get the pace of the ball)
3. Fielding must be better than AUS match or we have no chance.
4. Give your 100% until at the end.

I know you can't do anything about number 1, but hope and pray.
Old March 22, 2016, 02:34 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

if Tamim is fit, then Mithun should be his partner. Mithun did reasonably well in the few chances he got. In fact, did much better than SS.
Old March 22, 2016, 02:36 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Tamim dippers pore naamley'i hoy
Old March 22, 2016, 02:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
Tamim dippers pore naamley'i hoy
Our only under pressure batsman.
Old March 22, 2016, 02:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
if Tamim is fit, then Mithun should be his partner. Mithun did reasonably well in the few chances he got. In fact, did much better than SS.
Such a short term memory. Mithun never played half the innings Soumya played against Pakistan in Asia Cup. No need to mention about Soumya's electric fielding which is needed in t20. People seriously need to cut the crap about dropping Soumya.
Old March 22, 2016, 02:41 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Thank you Shakib. Even Afghan's scoring 9+ runs per over in the PP and we can't even score 6 an over. Openers needs to be in hit or get out mode.
Quote:
"I think we can improve in the first six overs, with our batting," Shakib said. "We scored only 30-odd runs in our six overs. Here in India most of the teams are scoring 45-50 runs in the first six overs because that's the best time to bat, I feel. I think that's the part where we lost the game. If we had scored 15-20 runs more, that would have been a different ball game altogether. Batsmen who are getting runs need to contribute a bit more and finish the game. We need to get 170-180 runs, since that's what the average score is on this ground."
http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-worl...ry/987471.html
Old March 22, 2016, 03:10 PM
Cricket Legend

One more things to add, Bangladesh should watch how NZ bowled today,

Just angle the ball in to the batsman so that batsman can't hit ball through the line for 4 and 6, Pakistan players knows what I am talking about.
Old March 22, 2016, 03:37 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Jonty Rhodes

Quote:
To WHOM IT MAY CONCERN....

HEAR HEAR!!!!!

1. We the BD resident of Little Rock have decided, if by any chance with our C team, we beat Ind; Cows will be sacrificed and a feast will be held at the Baishakhi get together. Everyone is invited. Free food and entry for our Ind friends.

2. Right after the match we will sign a petition to BCB to bring back the team from WC. Don't even need to play Guptil. Just come back. New Mission accomplished.
This is very offensive. I am personally not religious and a beef eater myself. However, mentioning a festival and then cow slaughter is not very appropriate. For a lot of Hindu/ Jains/ Sikh Indians who do celebrate Baisakhi, its one of the few days they (I think) refrain from any meat (if they eat any that is) let alone beef.

But I believe it wasnt meant to be offensive, so its okay
Old March 22, 2016, 03:39 PM
Banned

Afghanistan has a better chance of beating England than Bangladesh vs India tomorrow. Hard Truth. Take it or leave it.
Old March 22, 2016, 03:39 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Jonty Rhodes

Also curious to know, how does Tamim get injured after every 2nd match? This guy was away for most of Asia cup series and then makes an awesome comeback with a 100 and injures himself again?
Old March 22, 2016, 03:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by be_friend_13
Also curious to know, how does Tamim get injured after every 2nd match? This guy was away for most of Asia cup series and then makes an awesome comeback with a 100 and injures himself again?
Food poisoning.

The whities call it "Delhi Belly".
Old March 22, 2016, 04:14 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Here we go. Our 'well wishers' coming here in our forum and telling us how sh!t we are and why shouldnt we play cricket.

Cricmaster it was your cricket board that tried to spoil our reputation in world stage then got egg in the face when we hosted U-19 WC successfully.

(....) We already know about your mentality.

Go think about yourself how you can win your next 2 matches. We ran you close with our 2nd string team and a depleted captain. We have as much chance as you have against India. Go oil your own freakin machine

Last edited by Night_wolf; March 22, 2016 at 04:41 PM.. Reason: Mod.edit: Please keep away from posting racially provoking posts
Old March 22, 2016, 04:15 PM
Banned

Ban our main bowlers in the middle of a tournament then call us ridiculously erratic. People got nerve I tell ya
Old March 22, 2016, 04:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

The dubious definitions of "us" versus "them" is very very cloudy and a random Cricket fan from Australia or India certainly cannot be blamed for the actions of the ICC or even the BCCI or Cricket Australia can they? is it reasonable to blame an entire nation or generalize an entire fan-base based on the actions of ICC?

This is no different from Blaming the Entire world Muslim Population for actions of ISIS/CIA. no different at all.
Old March 22, 2016, 04:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
The dubious definitions of "us" versus "them" is very very cloudy and a random Cricket fan from Australia or India certainly cannot be blamed for the actions of the ICC or even the BCCI or Cricket Australia can they? is it reasonable to blame an entire nation or generalize an entire fan-base based on the actions of ICC?

This is no different from Blaming the Entire world Muslim Population for actions of ISIS/CIA. no different at all.
No but if someone come and tell me how erratic my team is when everyone knows what happened before yesterday's match then expect a stick from me. I understand very well who is a well wisher (brockley) and who is here to rub it in.
Old March 22, 2016, 04:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Huh? Where did his posts go? Cricmaster?

I just got done writing a reply for him, and poof, gone.

Anyway, BCCI should have hired him. He would have made a wonderful spokesperson, and I mean that sincerely.

He could show those up and coming nations to not get their hopes up at all. Let them stay where they are, and accept their 5 % chance of victory. Because it takes a lot of courage to do that.