facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 1, 2008, 11:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.
Default Demonic militants sent mentally retarded women to bomb markets in Iraq

This is utterly despicable. The two "suicide bombers" had Down Syndrome, and most likely did not know what they were doing ... the bombs were detonated via a cell phone.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/me...ain/index.html

Innalillahe wa inna ilaihe rajiun for the two women + others who have lost their lives...

Old February 1, 2008, 11:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

No words to describe it really..
Old February 2, 2008, 12:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Is there any question on how sick people can be?

Not sure whether the news is true...but if it is, it's just another level of insanity that they just reached.
Old February 2, 2008, 12:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

this has been done before...the palestinians (i think hamas) sent a mentally challenged boy to suicide bomb, thankfully he was stopped. i think the israelis jailed him.

this proof positive that the war on terror will not ever end. there is no military solution to this form of madness. if $400 billion and 4000 lives and 5 years hasn't stopped it, nothing but policy restructuring will.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 2, 2008, 01:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

Disgusting to say the least, these fundamentalists are doing all these things in the name of Islam, and making us moderate muslim pay the price for it.
Old February 2, 2008, 04:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Real hatred is evil irrespective of the often manipulative and sugarcoated discourse to justify its ugly manifestations. At the end of the day however, evil always exposes itself through evil actions. GOD help these misguided brothers help themselves see the light past their anger and subsequent hatred. We are compelled to fight them, wherever and however we can, in His cause.

Evil prevails when good men and women fail to act. We can never eliminate evil, only GOD can, but it is indeed our duty to fight against it. Our true salvation lies in that struggle itself, no matter where that evil is. The struggle is at once internal, within oneself, and socio-political, in that order IMHO.

This really broke my heart.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; February 2, 2008 at 08:06 AM..
Old February 2, 2008, 06:00 AM
Cricket Legend

speechless..... all these for Islam?
Old February 2, 2008, 08:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
speechless..... all these for Islam?
Nope, for terrorism. Islam is just caught in the cross-fire.
Old February 2, 2008, 09:13 AM
Forever Bangy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshakir56
Disgusting to say the least, these fundamentalists are doing all these things in the name of Islam, and making us moderate muslim pay the price for it.
And what have 'we moderate muslims' paid exactly? Those that have died or lost loved ones have paid the ultimate price and we're worried about Islam's image in the media or getting held up at the airport. Surely there is something other than whining and condemning and defending that the Muslim world can do.
Old February 2, 2008, 11:47 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona
And what have 'we moderate muslims' paid exactly? Those that have died or lost loved ones have paid the ultimate price and we're worried about Islam's image in the media or getting held up at the airport. Surely there is something other than whining and condemning and defending that the Muslim world can do.
If the implication is that Islam is unimportant, I am afraid you are wrong. Might I add that every Muslims life is doubly endangered for a couple of reasons.

1) the victims of these militants are 99% of the time Muslims, not jews or christians or other "infidels"
2) because of these actions, Muslim countries are ten times as likely to be "liberated" of course at the cost of hundreds of thousands of civilian killed. i'd much rather be killed by a mistaken MOAB from a B-52 than a remote control woman with Down's Syndrome, wouldn't you?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 2, 2008, 12:33 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Extremely sad news indeed.

But whats my proof of the authenticity of the report?
Not that im denying it happened, (disable or not, some poor soul did loose her/his life) but the fact the suicide bomber was "mentally challenged" could be another propoganda by the same institute who led the world to believe that Saddam had "wmd".. and what not...

General Atta, spokesman of the Baghdad security plan is nothing but another puppet of the US regime who sits there and blabbers what he is being prescribed.

For all i know, these days its very hard to believe in everything i read.

PS: i'm not ruling out the fact the suicide bombers were indeed mentally disabled.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old February 2, 2008, 12:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
If you look at the number of muslims killed by terrorists vs. the number of christians/jews killed, you will see that allmost 90 % of the victims of suicide bombers are muslims. So moderate muslims are more in danger of loosing their lives rather then non-muslims. These guys wont spare me, you, or anybody else in this world, if you are at the wrong place at the wrong time !
Old February 2, 2008, 02:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Extremely sad news indeed.

But whats my proof of the authenticity of the report?
Not that im denying it happened, (disable or not, some poor soul did loose her/his life) but the fact the suicide bomber was "mentally challenged" could be another propoganda by the same institute who led the world to believe that Saddam had "wmd".. and what not...

General Atta, spokesman of the Baghdad security plan is nothing but another puppet of the US regime who sits there and blabbers what he is being prescribed.

For all i know, these days its very hard to believe in everything i read.

PS: i'm not ruling out the fact the suicide bombers were indeed mentally disabled.
i think most sensible people have taken that into account and concluded that whilst the details of the event could very well have been fabricated in an attempt to dehumanize the enemy (a key ingredient to war in general), it can be safely assumed that al Qaeda are indeed un-Islamic (read barbaric) enough to have really done this.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 2, 2008, 11:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

I doubt this story is fabricated. Don't get me wrong, I am probably the first person to sniff out government "agendas" and scream "liars!" in a crowd. I just don't think "they" would try to make this particular suicide bombing seem more barbaric than hundreds of others that occur on a frequent basis.
Old February 2, 2008, 11:07 PM
Cricket Legend

They should have some mass re-education camp like things to brainwash these crackpots back to reality (moderate them). Bombing them will breed more of them. End of the day, victims are none other than ordinary people, muslims or not.

If an al-qaeda bomb kills 10 people, 9 would be innocent and 1 would be the millitant (suicide). If America/Israel bombs them back, maximum of 2 militant will die while 8 others will be civilian "around those militant".

Conclusion: No one gives a jack about ordinary people. So get used to it, it's not going to change anytime soon. Yesterday it was Afghanistan, today it's Iraq, tomorrow its Iran. By then the zeros around the casualty figures, dollars spent on the wars, al-qaeda members worldwide will increase ten folds.
Old February 3, 2008, 06:27 AM
Forever Bangy

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
If the implication is that Islam is unimportant, I am afraid you are wrong. Might I add that every Muslims life is doubly endangered for a couple of reasons.
I just thought the use of the word 'us' was a little strange because our 'sufferings' seem so insignificant.. but I obviously misunderstood the post. Whoever it is that dies - whatever religion they adhere to - it's a tragedy. Even moreso than other tragic deaths because it's so unnatural. But it's the nature of this beast that mostly Muslims die, after all, the bombs explode in Muslim countries. Anyway I don't think it should be thought of as 'moderate Muslims' paying the price but simply as 'innocent people'.

Last edited by mona; February 3, 2008 at 06:28 AM.. Reason: oops.. typo
Old February 3, 2008, 08:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
i'd much rather be killed by a mistaken MOAB from a B-52 than a remote control woman with Down's Syndrome, wouldn't you?
what the hell? may I have your permission to use this in my signature...LMAO...
Old February 3, 2008, 01:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
I just thought the use of the word 'us' was a little strange because our 'sufferings' seem so insignificant.. but I obviously misunderstood the post. Whoever it is that dies - whatever religion they adhere to - it's a tragedy. Even moreso than other tragic deaths because it's so unnatural. But it's the nature of this beast that mostly Muslims die, after all, the bombs explode in Muslim countries. Anyway I don't think it should be thought of as 'moderate Muslims' paying the price but simply as 'innocent people'.
true, but in almost all cases, the innocents also happen to be moderate muslims. so either way it is "us" thats paying the biggest price. because we are in a no-man's land. both sides consider us the "enemy" and neither will spare much thought kill/harass us.

we moderate muslims are the ultimate victims whether we die in the suicide attack, airstrike, or discuss it on BC.

we have no real safe refuge. only reason i'm of sound mind and health is the grace of Allah (subhana wa t'ala). things brings better perspective to the Gujurat muslim thread i started several weeks ago. a very narrow string of divine blessing is preventing any of us from becoming the proverbial sacrificial lamb.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 4, 2008, 12:59 AM
Test Cricketer

You are right ! I feel that these killings and bombings should be stopped at any cost. Do you have any ideas on how to stop them?
Old February 4, 2008, 04:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshakir56
You are right ! I feel that these killings and bombings should be stopped at any cost. Do you have any ideas on how to stop them?
You make it sound so easy.
Old February 4, 2008, 02:17 PM
Banned/Spamming

well they all think its jihad really its just the craziness of minds in Iraq and alqaeda!