facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 18, 2013, 06:08 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash
Default Jarvis retires from international cricket

Quote:
Kyle Jarvis, the Zimbabwe fast bowler, has retired from international cricket. Jarvis opted out of the upcoming series against Pakistan to take up a county offer and stated he will not return to play cricket in Zimbabwe.

Jarvis issued a statement which said: "I have held off a few opportunities over the last few months but my decision was made about a week ago when the pay disputes arose and I felt my time to leave had come.
Read More

devastating news for Zim cricket, they have lost yet again another gem

Old August 18, 2013, 07:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: rahul dravid

@ age of 24
Old August 18, 2013, 08:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Pretty much like Sean Ervine. Sad news for Zimbabwe.
Old August 18, 2013, 08:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

yeah zimbabwe cricket is in shambles, they'd actually have a pretty good team if they could select those that also went abroad. sad.
Old August 18, 2013, 08:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Basically he's going to try to make the England side which I can't blame him too much. Fact is, Zimbabwean players don't make enough money to support themselves well. Very unfortunate because they have a good set of players but a lot of them are in England. If this keeps happening, Zimbabwe will just never improve.
Old August 18, 2013, 08:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: rahul dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Basically he's going to try to make the England side which I can't blame him too much. Fact is, Zimbabwean players don't make enough money to support themselves well. Very unfortunate because they have a good set of players but a lot of them are in England. If this keeps happening, Zimbabwe will just never improve.
agree with u.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old August 18, 2013, 09:11 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

lol, having a bigger head than what he has.
Old August 18, 2013, 09:44 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Men in Blue

He must have found out that playing county cricket will earn him more than playing for Zim. Can't really fault him for trying to improve his situation financially. Having said that, does it make sense to give up international cricket to pursue a first class career? Specially when he had a long int. career ahead of him. Must had been a pretty tough decision for him, all the best to him for the future.
Old August 18, 2013, 10:20 AM
MLC World Series I

Tamim can finally score some runs!

Sad for Zimbabwe Cricket though..
Old August 18, 2013, 12:54 PM
Cricket Guru

^ Forget Tamim, now all our superstar batsmen can let out a sigh of relief.
Old August 18, 2013, 01:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
yeah zimbabwe cricket is in shambles, they'd actually have a pretty good team if they could select those that also went abroad. sad.
A full strength Zimbabwe would probably be stronger than us in Tests and on par or slightly weaker than us in ODIs. They'd win Tests, 2-0 against at home and by large margins. They'd probably draw 1-1 in Bangladesh. ODIs they'd win 3-2 in ZIM, and we'd probably win by the same margin at home. But I can't see us dominating, except for one-offs, in any conditions, a side consisting of:

Sibanda << Tamim
Mawoyo >> whoever
S Ervine > Anamul
Taylor >>> Mominul
Ballance < Shakib
Taibu < Mushfiq
Williams < Nasir
Cremer < Gazi
S Masakadza < Robiul
Jarvis >> Nazmul
whoever > whoever

OK so it looks pretty even, with just a 2+ slight edge in arrows to ZIM. But we know in a head to head Tamim will make more fat statements to the mics than he will score runs, so it becomes a 4+ advantage to ZIM. Notice that ZIM could finally get rid of overhyped wastes like Hamilton and Chigumbura.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 19, 2013, 01:46 PM
Cricket Guru

If BPL happens again and if Jarvis decides to join and if TIK is not playing on the same team.., guess what will happen
Old August 19, 2013, 02:11 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

He is a very good bowler but I don't think good enough to make it to the England national team. Bowlers like Finn, Onions, Tremlett even struggle now to make it to playing XI.

Best chance for him is to come to BD. We can give him citizenship in 6 months and he can be our opening bowler. BCB pay scale isn't bad either. Idea ta ekebare mondo nah.
Old August 19, 2013, 04:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
He is a very good bowler but I don't think good enough to make it to the England national team. Bowlers like Finn, Onions, Tremlett even struggle now to make it to playing XI.

Best chance for him is to come to BD. We can give him citizenship in 6 months and he can be our opening bowler. BCB pay scale isn't bad either. Idea ta ekebare mondo nah.
Ere Kemne citizenship Dibo... Does BD have any law to provide that for foreigner
Old August 20, 2013, 01:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
A full strength Zimbabwe would probably be stronger than us in Tests and on par or slightly weaker than us in ODIs. They'd win Tests, 2-0 against at home and by large margins. They'd probably draw 1-1 in Bangladesh. ODIs they'd win 3-2 in ZIM, and we'd probably win by the same margin at home. But I can't see us dominating, except for one-offs, in any conditions, a side consisting of:

Sibanda << Tamim
Mawoyo >> whoever
S Ervine > Anamul
Taylor >>> Mominul
Ballance < Shakib
Taibu < Mushfiq
Williams < Nasir
Cremer < Gazi
S Masakadza < Robiul
Jarvis >> Nazmul
whoever > whoever

OK so it looks pretty even, with just a 2+ slight edge in arrows to ZIM. But we know in a head to head Tamim will make more fat statements to the mics than he will score runs, so it becomes a 4+ advantage to ZIM. Notice that ZIM could finally get rid of overhyped wastes like Hamilton and Chigumbura.
ballance the better batsman shakib the better cricketer, tough to compare them as ballance isn't an all rounder like shakib and obviusly shakib isn't just any all rounder he has to be one of the core batsmen and core bowlers to so tough to compare but for purely batting i think you have to put ballance ahead, but as a cricketer it's shakib.
Old August 20, 2013, 02:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

jarvis has talent but he does need to get more consistent, he can bowl very well but the consistency is certainly missing and aside form the guys you mentioned there are others like rankin and sidebottom who contend for pacer spots in the english team. will be very tough for jarvis to make it into the english team but from what i read he's not looking for that atm, he's happy with his county deal and going around the world making money playing t20 cricket.

just wondering, if pay is such an issue with zim players, if they really still wanted to play for their country (zimbabwe), couldn't they just play t20 leagues and try and get a county contract? jarvis has done it so why can't others? yeah there might not be that many spaces but some could do it. get a contract as an overseas player in county cricket or somewhere else and play some t20 cricket, make sure you're available for the zim domestic comps (so you're still eligible to play for zimbabwe) and that way you can make money and play for zim, it also gives you more leverage and more time to help your fellow zim cricketers get better play as you're still around the zim system to help out but you also don't have to worry about money from your other contracts and you can even use those other contracts to say hey buddy look what i can get over here, if you don't start helping us out more we can go over there more long term.

not as simple as that but if players keep walking away from zim cricket then it's going to die at the international level.
Old August 20, 2013, 03:20 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:

mosa,traffic,moyla,gorom er chote 6mas tikte parbe kina sondeho ase