facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 2, 2005, 06:21 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by shovon13
i beg you all to put yourself in bashar's shoes before going after him. you think he wants to lose? you think he doesn't love his country? you think he was faking it when he cried after our first test victory?

give me a goddamn break. and chill, please! appreciate the best test batsman/most successful captain of the country, instead of being a whiner.
Looks like you ARE in his shoes!

Old October 2, 2005, 06:41 PM
Club Cricketer

He has to be a professional player first who is consistent.

We have seen these batsmen including Basher play top level cricket. How do you explain the performance in Srilanka?

These cricketers are no good at all. Most important part of a professional player is to hold the form and if none of the team members cannot do it, they have to leave.

Get DUMPED!!

Basher is a "Whiner" now. How many innigs he got to put up a good score in Srilanka. Jeez ppl, this is serious stuff. Typical BD mentality to hang on to memories.

Quote:
Originally posted by shovon13
i beg you all to put yourself in bashar's shoes before going after him. you think he wants to lose? you think he doesn't love his country? you think he was faking it when he cried after our first test victory?

give me a goddamn break. and chill, please! appreciate the best test batsman/most successful captain of the country, instead of being a whiner.
Edited on, October 2, 2005, 11:43 PM GMT, by Right_Way.
Old October 2, 2005, 09:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

If the people make provocative remarks than Bashar has every right to retaliate.

Whoever made those comments that BD team are wasting tax payer's money is an idiot. What sort of cheap, uninformed remark is that? I would feel pretty gutted if I were in Bashar's shoes, and would have replied with those exact words. The fans are far from perfect, and the media are even worse.

People from Bangladesh, get a brain or get out of the country !

Edited on, October 3, 2005, 2:28 AM GMT, by jabbar.
Old October 2, 2005, 10:45 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally posted by jabbar
Whoever made those comments that BD team are wasting tax payer's money is an idiot...The fans are far from perfect, and the media are even worse.
perfectly stated!
Old October 2, 2005, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

our people pay tax?
Old October 2, 2005, 11:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
our people pay tax?
Good point! So why complain about losing money that you haven't given in the first place??!

Morons!!
Old October 3, 2005, 12:17 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by jabbar
If the people make provocative remarks than Bashar has every right to retaliate.

Whoever made those comments that BD team are wasting tax payer's money is an idiot. What sort of cheap, uninformed remark is that? I would feel pretty gutted if I were in Bashar's shoes, and would have replied with those exact words. The fans are far from perfect, and the media are even worse.

People from Bangladesh, get a brain or get out of the country !

Edited on, October 3, 2005, 2:28 AM GMT, by jabbar.
Looks like you are already out of Bangladesh too!
Old October 3, 2005, 12:18 AM
First Class Cricketer

now, we wanna aruge about who pay taxes!!! crap!

we people do know how to give excuses and stay out of responsbilites! huh!
Old October 3, 2005, 12:29 AM

Bashar, the perfect leader of bunch of immatured guy.

Edited on, October 3, 2005, 5:30 AM GMT, by PoorFan.
Old October 3, 2005, 01:31 AM
Test Cricketer

It is impolite to talk about money, but the media and fans started it! He is just clarifying a gross misconception.
Old October 3, 2005, 01:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ehsan
I think he has been mistaken. I know he didn't like it when everyone was rushing at him by saying you are using all the money of the poor people of BD and not performing - anybody may dislike it. Infact if these sorta things were thrown at me I would have certainly reacted strongly. Don't mix money and my performance, we work hard to earn it. Not performing is a total different thing, sometimes its your luck, form, confidence and mental state. I don't get money just like that, I earn it! That would have been my response if I was Bashar. I know this guy, he is very patriotic, he loves BD as much as any of us do.
Yes I think think you've understood Bashar in the proper CONTEXT. He probably meant what you say Eshan, but he did not express it properly.

Come to think of it, all government servants are paid out of people's money. But the government servants work for that money. It is not as if they just take away people's money. On the other hand, if those workers fudge, then you can accuse them of taking people's money doing nothing.

You can apply this to cricketers as well. If they lose after trying hard it is OK. If they lose for not trying hard then you could say they just take money.

Edited on, October 3, 2005, 6:48 AM GMT, by abherath.
Old October 3, 2005, 11:17 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল

Tax = Chada. Roza is coming soon. So more Tax(=Chada).
Old October 3, 2005, 01:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
our people pay tax?
I used to work in a bank in BD and at the end of the year, I used to go an income tax lawyer to submit my earnings to the BD government and pay taxes accordingly.
Old October 3, 2005, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

yeah but not everyone's like you you're a minority
Old October 3, 2005, 02:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

It was learnt that vice-captain Khaled Mahmud, former national captain Khaled Mahmud and two young players were vocal in the meeting. Bashar was however surprisingly submissive and only showed his interest about financial issues.

Source: http://thedailystar.net/2005/10/04/d51004040331.htm

No comment!

Edited on, October 3, 2005, 7:15 PM GMT, by reyme.
Old October 3, 2005, 03:08 PM
Test Cricketer

Bashar was however surprisingly submissive and only showed his interest about financial issues.

I think Bashar has lost it. He had become a greedy, self-serving son of a gun
Old October 3, 2005, 03:12 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

You have no idea. Recently we approached him for an interivew and was turned down by him, he won't do it unless we pay him for it.

Personally, I am very very disappointed with him. Before captaincy, he was not like this. Now, its all money.
Old October 3, 2005, 03:46 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by fab
It is impolite to talk about money, but the media and fans started it! He is just clarifying a gross misconception.
Misconception!! Whatever way the money is coming in the name of Bangladesh, is the money of Bangladesh and so is the people of Bangladesh. I think the emphasis here is his mentality, his misconception rather. They put the BD shirts on and think that they are not wasting BD money. They not wasting only BD money, they are wasting BD name, fans' moral, and a lot of time.
Old October 3, 2005, 03:50 PM
Club Cricketer

A professional does not retaliate back to the media and the fans. They are so called stars and they have to tolerate some sort of abuse from the fans. Thats the way it is all over the world. But such comments from Bashar where he included the whole people of BD goes beyond all limits of professionalism. And yesterday's meeting confirms that he is only into money. But earn this money with dignity. These cricketers are stars in our country - they are equivalent to the street cricketers in most other test countries.
Old October 3, 2005, 03:53 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by PoorFan
Bashar, the perfect leader of bunch of immatured guy.

Edited on, October 3, 2005, 5:30 AM GMT, by PoorFan.
Absolutely.
Old October 3, 2005, 04:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

So i guess now my friends in this msg board who are expressing their dissatisfaction about Bashar's "financial' comment will play for Bangladesh without getting any money. i mean they will be willing to be a "charity" player in the the rest of their lives if they are given a chance. !!!!!!!!!!

Quite surprising!!!! wonder why bangladesh is still one of the poorest nation in the planet when she got so many selfless, patriots who are willing to work for free.............

now .... for any job that you will do if you are not paid enough you will look for something else that and at the same time you will work with ethics and dignity to give service back to the company to earn those money. Now if you are not satisfied with the working condition then you will leave the job. if your employer is not satisfiesd he will look for somebody else.

Now if bashar is not happy with his salary or any gross misconception he has he can very well try to find another job (playing cricket for other country I guess in this case) but since thats simply is not possible and his employee is not sacking him then he has every right to assume that he is working hard enough to earn those money and Company's money is not a waste. If it were a waste he would not be in the team ne ways.

Now replying to the Mahmud (Bangla cricket owner) ........

If you get profited from printing his interview then in this capitalistic soceity its very normal that he will ask for something in return, this case it was some money. SO I realy dont find anything shocking here. before being a captain he may very well looked for publicity and fame now he doesnot need those. And we must understand that. For whatever reason we, bangladeshis have this tendency of thinking stars as public property and charity. They have their own life to live and a family to raise just like ours and on top of that their money is as hard earned as ours

Edited on, October 3, 2005, 9:21 PM GMT, by mafizraju.
Old October 3, 2005, 06:39 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

No profit, this is a non-profit website/organization.

I think you are missing the point what most members are making. Asking for more money is ok. but always asking for money is not ok. There is a difference between an ambitious person and a greedy person.

Sadly our favorite player has turned greedy
Old October 3, 2005, 08:51 PM
Cricket Legend

I think we should take it easy. For the sake of being in line with a common standard, Bashar, perhaps, wanted money for his comments to our website. He might have done the same for any other website or newspapers (unless otherwise told by his employer, BCB). If he makes an exception here this could become an unwanted problem in the future (some people might take his comments and publish in newspapers or create 'ganjam' with a twist or whatever). It's important to know the context in which he decided to ask for money. Let's not get into a conclusion that he has turned into a greedy person.
Old October 3, 2005, 09:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Not surprised that there are some BD fans who make such cheap comments...
Old October 3, 2005, 09:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Asking for money is not the main issue but when u ask for it is what matters. After playing like shi* in srilanka, u r discussing money instead of making improvements is just pathetic. and fans who supports his comments are the very reason that players like bashar dare to make comments like this. I guess it takes those immautred fans to appreciate what bashar is saying !!!!

come on guyz.. have some shame... when u put that bangladesh jersey on, its not just a job anymore or how much money u make. Have some pride for ur country and play like u really care.