facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 10, 2012, 10:50 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

he scored at 110 strike rate until the game was lost. That is unacceptable when you are chasing 197. Either you try or you get out so that other batters can try. There is no brownie points for losing by 1 wkt

Old December 10, 2012, 10:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Please visit my thread and read the commentator. It is easy to assume he is a neutral commentator without the biased we have. "We can't hit fulltosses?"

You know the difference between Justice and Injustice. Zia, Nasir were waiting. It was injustice to them for having a go at it. 18 run defeat and 118 run defeat is the same in a one off game. Unless shomman jonok porajoi satisfies you.
Old December 10, 2012, 10:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
There were better hitters waiting to go at it.

AKA Zia - who's inclusion in the team was for that sole purpose. after 12 they had to go after the bowlers. All those fulltosses.... 197 wasn't hard to chase down the way WI were bowling.

Both must share their share of blame.
Joke: Riad at the press conference "dew made it difficult to grip the bat" then a journalist questions 'was it difficult to grip the bat than Gayle gripping the ball?' Riad replies 'oh yeah, tell me about it, it was hell of a difficult task!'

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old December 10, 2012, 10:51 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
since when balls reaching knee height became perfect yorkers??
gayle last 1.3 over and roach 2nd last over deliveries were reaching knee height?? Okey..fine..may be i was watching another game..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 10, 2012, 10:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

It is lack of ability from Riyad.
It would have been good for us if he got out after 10 overs. Riyad was just not good enough to constantly hitting boundaries.
Tamim's fitness is also a concern.
Old December 10, 2012, 10:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
how so? do you think 198 is a piece of cake? how many teams successfully chased down 190+ scores in Int'l T20? I know you are frustrated and so are many of us. But 198 in T20 is a huge huge score that automatically puts the team batting 2nd in a big pressure. ...
Each and every game has its own merit. West Indies faced a huge challenge with the WET BALL. That is why we were batting second. That was a huge advantage and you could see the amount of fulltosses they bowled.

I don't mind losing. I mind if the effort falls short of the expectation. Trying get to fifty and not upping the runrate after 10 overs was criminal. There were players waiting to hit out. The platform was set.

This game was ours half way mark of our batting innings. Riyad didn't compete and didn't use his head. Zia and Nasir didn't have a crack at the WI fulltosses.
Old December 10, 2012, 10:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
It is lack of ability from Riyad.
It would have been good for us if he got out after 10 overs. Riyad was just not good enough to constantly hitting boundaries.
Tamim's fitness is also a concern.
Really? He did hit a few after reaching 50, didn't he?
Old December 10, 2012, 10:59 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
gayle last 1.3 over and roach 2nd last over deliveries were reaching knee height?? Okey..fine..may be i was watching another game..

yes indeed you were..did you see just those balls?..were you absent when gayle and samuels bowled knee hight jussy full tosses at the legs?..plz visit Tiger_eye bhai's thread

and did you see riyad just standing there and block those so called yorkers?..he couldn't hit but still didn't tried anything new..atleast tamim came forward and tried to alter the length
Old December 10, 2012, 10:59 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
After 14 overs, they kept on bowling yorkers. Gayle, Samuels were bowling at least @ 115 kph yorker darts. Roach came and bowled an excellent over. Narine came in the middle and when it was slightly pitched up, Tamim hit it. WI bowled really well in the last 6-7 overs. Not too much the batsmen can do.

And no, I am not happy with the defeat. But I won't call it "pathetic" and "idiot".
You have some good points but still you dont loose when u have 9 WICKETS in hands. They looked so tired out there and didn't run hard to convert 1's into 2's..If you are tired then just hit hard and give others a chance to take a shot. You don't occupy the crease to boost your average.
Old December 10, 2012, 11:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Each and every game has its own merit. West Indies faced a huge challenge with the WET BALL. That is why we were batting second. That was a huge advantage and you could see the amount of fulltosses they bowled.

I don't mind losing. I mind if the effort falls short of the expectation. Trying get to fifty and not upping the runrate after 10 overs was criminal. There were players waiting to hit out. The platform was set.

This game was ours half way mark of our batting innings. Riyad didn't compete and didn't use his head. Zia and Nasir didn't have a crack at the WI fulltosses.
Riyad cannot compete, he will never be able to compete at this level in this form of the game. He just cannot. He is not a power hitter, he is a batsman of 100 strike rate at his best.

Tamim had a brain freeze after 10 overs, M'ullah never could face that uphill task. The batsman who cannot dispatch a full toss should not be playing T20I. We missed too many of them. Sorry people.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old December 10, 2012, 11:00 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
Joke: Riad at the press conference "dew made it difficult to grip the bat" then a journalist questions 'was it difficult to grip the bat than Gayle gripping the ball?' Riad replies 'oh yeah, tell me about it, it was hell of a difficult task!'

This should be a better excuse for all the people to use, who think that the full tosses were Yorkers........
Old December 10, 2012, 11:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Hitting under pressure and without pressure does matter.
Last over, it was all over, Roach was not running in and it did not matter with 4s and 6s and then he connect.
Old December 10, 2012, 11:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Riyad cannot compete, he will never be able to compete at this level in this form .....
.... But then he should have taken extreme risk to score or get out after 13/14 overs...
Old December 10, 2012, 11:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Disturbingly good point Miju. Changing my grade from A to B+. Can't forget his limitations though, bro. It's very difficult for such players to execute the "hit or or get out" tactic.

Length, by definition, isn't a factor in full tosses and half-trackers but line is. Once your feet find the right line, the right biomechanics and rudimentary handspeed can clear the ropes with basic timing. So placement isn't really an issue either. We were facing a part time spinner with limited skill and pace variation when blowing most of those opportunities.

Tamim's inability to put the bad ones away was more disturbing to me personally. Not at all surprised by his lack of stamina, and its subsequently adverse impact on his overall focus and strength.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old December 10, 2012, 11:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Riyad cannot compete, he will never be able to compete at this level in this form of the game. He just cannot. He is not a power hitter, he is a batsman of 100 strike rate at his best.

Tamim had a brain freeze after 10 overs, M'ullah never could face that uphill task. The batsman who cannot dispatch a full toss should not be playing T20I. We missed too many of them. Sorry people.
Totally agree and exactly my point. Riyad is a wrong player in wrong format at the moment.
Old December 10, 2012, 11:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
.... But then he should have taken extreme risk to score or get out after 13/14 overs...
He didn't get out that's why he doesn't deserve to play this form of the game. He didn't sacrifice, selfish, very selfish. He knew he was never going to get there. And yet he didn't respond! Idiot selfish. You moron.

Old December 10, 2012, 11:09 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
yes indeed you were..did you see just those balls?..were you absent when gayle and samuels bowled knee hight jussy full tosses at the legs?..plz visit Tiger_eye bhai's thread
i guess you were watching the wrong game.. Can anyone please post commentry of the last over of gayle And the 2nd last over of Roach from cricinfo?
who talked about full tosses here? Where did i tell he didnt missed them? And for your concern it was not only riyad who missed those balls.. Dont blame blindly one person for others fault.. And get your facts right before blaming one..

Old December 10, 2012, 11:11 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
He didn't get out that's why he doesn't deserve to play this form of the game. He didn't sacrifice, selfish, very selfish. He knew he was never going to get there. And yet he didn't respond! Idiot selfish. You moron.
All this for a 50.
Old December 10, 2012, 11:12 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
i guess you were watching the wrong game.. Can anyone please post commentry of the last over of gayle And the 2nd last over of Roach from cricinfo?
who talked about full tosses here? Where did i tell he didnt missed them? And for your concern it was not only riyad who missed those balls.. Dont blame blindly one person for others fault.. And get your facts right your blaming one..

ahnaf.. lets move away from the fulltoss and yorkers for a second and look at his strike rate until the last over (when the game was already lost)
Tamim was striking at a strike rate of 145 despite missing the full tosses
Old December 10, 2012, 11:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Half his boundaries came at the last over...definitely not good.
Old December 10, 2012, 11:15 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Mahmudullah is a good player but his overall record shows that T20 is just not his game. Whoever knows these selectors, please tell them that Mahmudullah has a bad T20 record both bat and ball and should not play in this form again and instead, focus on Tests and ODIs.
Old December 10, 2012, 11:19 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Here is the thing, Riyad was never a slog hitter. One good ODI series and he is suddenly promoted to play at no. 3 where he never played before chasing a huge total. Why didnt Mushy come in earlier? Why didnt Mominul, Nasir, Zia who are proven hitters come in earlier?

i am very disappointed at Riyad right now but really, he was never the T20 match winner. He tried to hit but the Windies never bowled good enough to get him out.
Old December 10, 2012, 11:21 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
who talked about full tosses here? Where did i tell he didnt missed them? And for your concern it was not only riyad who missed those balls.. Dont blame blindly one person for others fault.. And get your facts right before blaming one..

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh...hp?t=42530..go read

Go to tamim's thread and see if i blamed only one person

Tamim's SR was 140+ and riyad's one were 109 at the start of 17th over..whom should i blame more?..enlighten me
Old December 10, 2012, 11:27 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
He tried to hit but the Windies never bowled good enough to get him out.

the most disturbing point of the match was the last ball of the Narine over that summed up Ryad for me
"acceleration is not there to win!"
Narine to Mahmudullah, 1 run, outside the off and he tries to hit it inside out, does not time it and it goes high in the air, to extra-cover but falls short of long-off
Narine to Tamim Iqbal, SIX, six for Tamim, it had to happen and soon! it was on the leg stump and that has been spanked over deep square-leg for a six!
Narine to Tamim Iqbal, SIX, and again, two in two! he is finally turning it on, it was outside the off and he goes down the track and smacks it over the bowler's head for a six!
Narine to Tamim Iqbal, FOUR, and gets his timing right, why isn't Narine bowling full-tosses! he has pitched it full and gives him enough room to free his arms, hit over mid-wicket for a four
Narine to Tamim Iqbal, 1 run, fullish on the pads and very quick too, driven to the deep square position for a single
Narine to Mahmudullah, 1 run, on his pads and this is neatly tucked away to the fine-leg region for a single

"
this is my problem with him that last ball. Four overs to go why didn't he hit out instead of going for a single?if he had got out would it have mattered at that stage?

Old December 10, 2012, 11:30 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor

the most disturbing point of the match was the last ball of the Narine over that summed up Ryad for me
acceleration is not there to win!"
Narine to Mahmudullah, 1 run, outside the off and he tries to hit it inside out, does not time it and it goes high in the air, to extra-cover but falls short of long-off
Narine to Tamim Iqbal, SIX, six for Tamim, it had to happen and soon! it was on the leg stump and that has been spanked over deep square-leg for a six!
Narine to Tamim Iqbal, SIX, and again, two in two! he is finally turning it on, it was outside the off and he goes down the track and smacks it over the bowler's head for a six!
Narine to Tamim Iqbal, FOUR, and gets his timing right, why isn't Narine bowling full-tosses! he has pitched it full and gives him enough room to free his arms, hit over mid-wicket for a four
Narine to Tamim Iqbal, 1 run, fullish on the pads and very quick too, driven to the deep square position for a single
Narine to Mahmudullah, 1 run, on his pads and this is neatly tucked away to the fine-leg region for a single

this is my problem with him that last ball. Four overs to go why didn't he hit out instead of going for a single?

again.. he was never a blind slogger. that was a quicker from Narine and he wasnt smart enough to hit it away.