facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 29, 2004, 04:37 PM
Retired BC Admin

Default {old thread} Razzak relieved

Left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak returned home on Sunday morning from England after his bowling action was reviewed by English bio-mechanic Dr Paul Hurrion.

"Paul assured me after analysing from four different angles that there is nothing wrong with my action. However, everything will be clear once the Bangladesh Cricket Board receives his written recommendations," a relieved Razzak said.

It was learnt that the English bio-mechanic will send his assessment and video footage of Razzak's bowling action within two days and then the BCB will decide its next course of action.

The 22-year-old spinner from Khulna, who was ignored for the ICC Champions Trophy in England because of having a suspect action, which was reported during the Asia Cup, was hopeful of returning to action during New Zealand's tour of Bangladesh in October.

"I'm not frustrated at all after missing the Champions Trophy. I'm looking forward to rejoining the team in without any fear about my bowling action," he added.

DailyStar >>

Old August 29, 2004, 04:42 PM
Retired BC Admin

Default Razzak hopes to come back soon

Left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak retuned home on Sunday with the hope to rectify his bowling action questioned in the last Asia Cup in Sri Lanka in July.

Razzak, who claimed 2 for36 in his allotted 10 overs during Bangladesh's group match against Pakistan, was reported for suspect bowling action by both the on-field umpires, Brian Jerling and Gamini Silva, as well as TV umpire AV Jayaprakash and match referee Roshan Mahanama after the match.

The Bangladesh Cricket Board sent Razzak to England immediately after the tournament in August for a 15-day rehabilitation.

"I am confident that I will make a comeback in international cricket soon. The ICC experts who examined me also assured me that there is no problem with my bowling action," Razzak told new Age after reaching the country at around 1-30 pm by Bangladesh Biman.

"There were lots of checkups of my bowling action especially with video cameras from four angles. They closely observed my action and assured me verbally that things are positive," added the 22-year-old spinner from Khulna.

Razzak also informed that Dr Paul, who analysed his bowling action in Birmingham, would send the official report to the Bangladesh Cricket Board within a couple of days.

When asked whether he was upset for missing the Champions Trophy due to his suspected bowling action, Razzak said was not bothered about the tournament as correcting his bowling action was much important for his career.

A detailed review has to be compiled by the BCB and submitted to the ICC within six weeks of the reporting. The deadline will be over in the first week of September. The final decision will be circulated to all ICC match referees and elite panel of umpires for information.

NewAge >>
Old August 29, 2004, 04:52 PM
ODI Cricketer

great news
Old August 29, 2004, 05:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Told you, nothing wrong with Razaq's action. It's bit funny that all Srilankans are going ga ga over his action specially having Murali in their own side. Things are now sorted so Razzaq can bowl all his deliveries now , unlike Murali.
Old August 29, 2004, 07:34 PM
Cricket Legend

jaihok,
oboshhoi kintu bishoita akdik diye shostir. tobe nirbachokder jonno kintu akhon eta akta notun shomoshhar srishti korbe bole ami mone kori. karon shob shomoy to asian cup ar moton pitch hobe na jekhane 3 jon spinner niye khela shombhob hobe. so they probably have to chose 2 out of these 3. ebong which 2 they are going to chose is going to be a hard job for them. unless if rana improves more on his batting and becomes more a batsman all rounder than its not going to be an issue. but if not then it is really going to be a tough situation. dannabad.
Old August 29, 2004, 11:24 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

not to mention, his batting ability, rajjak's debut is the most impressive bowler's debut since masri. even after considering rana as batsman/allrounder, we have so many quality spinner that we might be able to cover up the lack of quality pacers.

this is good news after a good win on the same day.
Old August 29, 2004, 11:53 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

Great news really. Now, if he canonly focus on his allround abilities and help us score over 200 runs in every match consistently.
Old August 30, 2004, 12:21 AM
Retired BC Admin

Don't know about Musfiq's injury. Any thoughts to replace him with Razzak?
Old August 30, 2004, 12:25 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Any thoughts to replace him with Razzak? - I was thinking in exactly the same way.

We also don't have any other seamer-all-rounder beside Sujon and Mushfique.
Old August 30, 2004, 12:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Yeah Razzaq should be a deffenite replacement if Mushfiques injury is very bad
Old August 30, 2004, 04:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

This NZ series is looking good
Old August 30, 2004, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

hmmmm...i smell kiwi blood...lol
Old August 30, 2004, 09:42 AM
Club Cricketer

Awesome, I knew there was nothing wrong with his action
Old August 30, 2004, 09:43 AM
Club Cricketer

Is Mushfique injured?? Awesome. Two good news' in one day. wow.
Old August 30, 2004, 09:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Razak will be more efficient

it is great news. Razak will be more efficient players than before, because he is in his high moral boost now.
Old September 4, 2004, 10:37 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default razzaq has good action

i read in the daily star several days back that abdur-razzaq raj has returned from england and has been assured that he does NOT have anything WRONG with his bowling action. his action was studied from 4 different angles.

he should be back and a fixture in our playing 11 from NZ series onward. hope that masri is back at that time also.
Old September 4, 2004, 02:07 PM
Cricket Legend

ho bhai.......baichha gese polata.....bechara.........aite na aite ki zhamelar modhhai na porte hoilo..........tobe akhono purata bache nai ar ki......90% bachhe. karon akhono to formal report ta ashe nai......toi amar mone hoi oi reporf rajjak ar favorai jabe. so amar mone hoi chintar khub akta bishoy nai.........hobe hobe rajjak.....hobe hobe........chalao........