facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old May 25, 2005, 08:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by rezwan1977
Thanks Sham! I hope this will remove any confusion/ignorance about what I pointed out before.Nothing against Sylhet. We all are proud to be a Bangladeshi.
Thanks for understaning now. I tried to tell you the same thing when I posted this:

Quote:
Originally posted by Flipper
FRB, almost all the time I enjoy reading your posts, but you disappoint me here out of everyone. I find your comments somewhat offensive. First of all, you are accusing all Sylheties of certain traits, and by doing so, making yourself a stereotype. I like to assure you that Sylheties are Bangladeshis, and not even in their wildest dream they think they are part of Asam. I don’t want to go into a discussion of how Sylheties living abroad boost up our economy, or how they represent our country. But, if you want to single them out, then, I would have to say people living abroad from the rest of the Bangla combined would fall short of what Sylheties living abroad have done for our country.

Bangladesh is a small country; however, there are regions within where we do differ in things such as regional dialects, foodstuff, hospitality etc. For instance, if you are a Chittagongian, and go to Rongpur, you will immediately feel the difference. It is out of our natural psyche, we tend to stick to our own bunch when put in an unfamiliar habitat. I think this is the case with the British Sylheties. Since they outnumber all the other Bengalis, they can be easily visible, and be blamed by others for being so Sylhety.

Lastly, Sylheties are not ignorant of their heritage, but labeling them as Asami surely is ignorance. I have been to London a couple of times, and the majority of the people there, that you guys are talking about usually work in restaurants, and are pretty illiterates. My best hunch is that they don’t know how to express their heritage like you educated people do by making fun of them like this.

Old May 25, 2005, 08:13 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

LOL Pagol Chagol.You started this and I just answered that. Perhaps I should not.I already wasted 2 hours time here.From now I'll follow this:

Never argue with an idiot. He'll lower you to his level and beat you with experience.

Flipper I'm also glad that you understood what I wanted to say.

Edited on, May 26, 2005, 1:22 AM GMT, by rezwan1977.
Old May 25, 2005, 08:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Okay folks, I am closing this thread. You guys can take this argument elsewhere, to the Forget Cricket forum (I am not encouraging this) or just get out on the street and fight it out like real men (this I would love to see).

In any case, I don't see anything good coming out of this thread and its stupid to fight amongst ourselves at a time like this.
Closed Thread