facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old May 25, 2005, 05:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Lovely is in BAD mood.

Old May 25, 2005, 06:01 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player

How stupid can u be...

Look LOVELY...You r saying who cares about sylhet ! But Have u forgotten that The only win and the First ever test win came by a sylhetys' hand. And I dare u forget him (Enamul jnr). So I am telling u and every 1..Please Don't be stupid yourself. Because Sylheties are the Beckbone of Bangladesh team. U can jst look at Bangladesh team. And see how many sylheties on the Squad ! 4/5.

So I am telling you ..U must care about Sylhet. As the Distric is producing Players like Taposh/ Enamul/Rajin/or nazmul..!

Be careful..and mind your words..pls.
Old May 25, 2005, 06:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

oh sht. The riot just started.
Old May 25, 2005, 06:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Umar
How stupid can u be...

Look LOVELY...You r saying who cares about sylhet ! But Have u forgotten that The only win and the First ever test win came by a sylhetys' hand. And I dare u forget him (Enamul jnr). So I am telling u and every 1..Please Don't be stupid yourself. Because Sylheties are the Beckbone of Bangladesh team. U can jst look at Bangladesh team. And see how many sylheties on the Squad ! 4/5.

So I am telling you ..U must care about Sylhet. As the Distric is producing Players like Taposh/ Enamul/Rajin/or nazmul..!

Be careful..and mind your words..pls.
Ei Thomra QHUARRALE KORIO NA!!

Old May 25, 2005, 06:31 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Brother Umor before jumping on others pls check your own language again. If you are a true Bangladeshi then you should not care Sylhet only. I simply don't care how many players are from my region. This is an irritating habit to point out. This is the second time Pagol Chagol came up with this kind of thread. This time this is joke but question is why this kind of joke as we have already heated discussion about this issue. I see many of us already jumped on FaltuRidwan for compensating this. But the reality is you guys can't hide this true fact that I pointed out in another thread. Our borther Umor just showed one example of that. Thanks Umor!
Old May 25, 2005, 06:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by rezwan1977
Brother Umor before jumping on others pls check your own language again. If you are a true Bangladeshi then you should not care Sylhet only. I simply don't care how many players are from my region. This is an irritating habit to point out. This is the second time Pagol Chagol came up with this kind of thread. This time this is joke but question is why this kind of joke as we have already heated discussion about this issue. I see many of us already jumped on FaltuRidwan for compensating this. But the reality is you guys can't hide this true fact that I pointed out in another thread. Our borther Umor just showed one example of that. Thanks Umor!
Please tell me the point you are emphasizing here.

What Umar said basically tells how Sylheties fared in our team compared to other districts's player. He didn't try to isolate Sylheties from Bangladeshis, which you are doing right now.
Old May 25, 2005, 06:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Please don't try to hide anything. Be naked. And your true face will come out.
Old May 25, 2005, 07:01 PM
Chief Moderator

Flipper you know this everyone knows this fact. I don't want any more discussion about this. One thing I don't understand why are you acting as if you never heard about this. Anyway I don't want to waste my time for this issue.
Old May 25, 2005, 07:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Flipper you know this everyone knows this fact. I don't want any more discussion about this. One thing I don't understand why are you acting as if you never heard about this. Anyway I don't want to waste my time for this issue.
My friend, I did hear it, but from people like you, who want to level sylheties as Asami or non-bangladeshi etc etc. It's similar to Pakistanis who says Bangladeshis are east Pakistanis.
Old May 25, 2005, 07:12 PM
Chief Moderator

Flipper you simply don't know what to say! I never mentioned anywhere about this Asam issue. Sylheti people always pointed out about their origin.By born I'm a british. In my life I heard this Asam issue more than 100 times and all of those are from Sylheti guys.

Edited on, May 26, 2005, 12:16 AM GMT, by rezwan1977.

Edited on, May 26, 2005, 12:18 AM GMT, by rezwan1977.
Old May 25, 2005, 07:15 PM
Chief Moderator

Pagol Chagol personally I don't care about what you said as most of your posts make no sense.
Old May 25, 2005, 07:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Flipper I never mentioened anywhere about this Asam issue. Sylheti people always pointed out about their origin.By born I'm a british. In my life I heard this Asam issue 100 times and all of those are from Sylheti guys.
Come'on, FRB did do so the other day, and you are supporting his view here, so what does it tell me.

All I see here is that no sylheties has come in this forum, and try to show their origin something other than Bangladesh, but I do see some non-sylheties are doing it successfully.
Old May 25, 2005, 07:23 PM
Chief Moderator

Flipper come in UK and stay with us.You will know what I'm saying. Man I'm not anti sylheti or something like that. Most of my friends are from Sylhet. I understand that this is not a good idea to generalize. Sorry for that if you mean that.Anyway this is my last post on this thread.
Old May 25, 2005, 07:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

this is ridiculous! cant believe some people can go as far as doubting a bangladeshi's sense of nationality. i dont care whats the reality. just because you guys encountered a certain number of sylhetis who MAY put sylhet ahead of bangladesh (and i seriously doubt that. i think there's a terrible misunderstanding/miscommunication in most cases), no one has the right to question the entire region's populace's nationality. i freakin rest my case.

i hope the mods will take some action to move this discussion to its proper place, not in bangladesh cricket forum.
Old May 25, 2005, 07:27 PM
Test Cricketer

I suggest people who have personal issues, or prejudice, or you are just ignorant for that matter, decorate it in your personal lives. Don't bring such issue to a public forum like this one. Thanks!

Edited on, May 26, 2005, 12:29 AM GMT, by Flipper.
Old May 25, 2005, 07:29 PM
Cricket Legend

rezwan1977[/i]

I found out what you are talking about.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...1575#pid182423

You made some bigoted comments in that thread also. I neither started nor posted anything in that thread.

I hope you'll open up your mind some day.
Old May 25, 2005, 07:42 PM
Chief Moderator

Pagol Chagol people like you always pointed out about their region. This encourages me to write about those begots comments. A true Bangladeshi will never consider this kind of region issue.Just check your own posts. Few months ago you posted about ths sylhet issue on this forum. You guys in you daily life always talk about this no problem about that. If someone pointed out then all of you jump on this.
Old May 25, 2005, 07:46 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
Did you notice that if Rajin doesn't play, there won't be any Sylheti in BD team after a long long time.

No Rajin, Enamul Jr., Taposh, Alok, Shanto, Nazmul.

There could be riots in Brick Lane when the news come out in London.
Sylthet is a small part of Bangladesh if number of people living in that region is any indicator to go by.

Dhaka houses more than 15 million by now and Chittagong houses 4 million crore. Infact not long ago i have seen BD newspapers coming up with facts that 20 million people in Dhaka and Chittagong. Compared to these stats, sylhet probably does not represent 9% of the population (greater sylhet may do so). Hence it is not unusual that the final XI does not have any Sylheti player.

Edited on, May 26, 2005, 12:47 AM GMT, by amim.
Old May 25, 2005, 07:52 PM
First Class Cricketer

Akram Khan was born in a urdu speaking behari family. So is Nafis Iqbal's father and so is Nafis. They are chittagongians for 2 generations now. That's the reality. Akram Khan's dad still speaks urdu but chittagongians are very welcoming and they are renowned for their hospitality so that's not an issue. He captained BD and Nafis captained under 19 side.
Old May 25, 2005, 07:54 PM
Cricket Legend

As a Bangladeshi and as a Sylheti (although I grew up in Dhaka and have been to Sylhet only a handful of times in my life) I feel that I should provide some explanations here. Not that I feel that I or Sylhetis owe an explanation to anyone, but a little or incomplete knowledge can be dangerous at times, so here is trying to make some people gain a fuller understanding of the whole Sylhet over Bangladesh issue.

Firstly, I don't think that people in Sylhet or Sylhetis in other parts of Bangladesh have this mindset at all. What our crazed Finance Minister may have said at some point is no indication that Sylhetis feel that they are something other than Bangladeshis, or that their Sylheti identity is more important than their national identity.

However, among British Bangladeshis, almost all of whom can trace their origins back to greater Sylhet, the concept of being Sylheti is sometimes greater than of being Bangladeshi. But that isn't out of some arrogance related to Sylhet, it is because for most of these people Bangladesh means Sylhet. They are Sylheti, they speak Sylheti, almost all other Bangladeshis they meet are Sylheti and when they go back to Bangladesh, they take the direct flight to Sylhet. On that flight everyone is Sylheti, and when they arrive, well, they are in Sylhet so everyone and everything is Sylheti!

They have never been to Dhaka or anywhere else in Bangladesh and quite honestly, the rest of Bangladesh is a completely alien country to them. So, their Sylheti identity is all that they know and the fact that they are also, as Sylhetis, Bangladeshis as well is a bit of a vague concept to them. They don't relate to it at all compared to the way they can relate to their Sylheti identity. That is not their fault!

So, on the day prior to arguably our most keenly awaited cricketing fixture, lets not all start a big fight about regional vs national identities. Its just stupid. We are all on the same side here!
Old May 25, 2005, 07:55 PM
First Class Cricketer

We should not be overly concerned about having players from all regions of bangladesh. After all we want the best XI to represent the country. Thanks
Old May 25, 2005, 07:57 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sham
As a Bangladeshi and as a Sylheti (although I grew up in Dhaka and have been to Sylhet only a handful of times in my life) I feel that I should provide some explanations here. Not that I feel that I or Sylhetis owe an explanation to anyone, but a little or incomplete knowledge can be dangerous at times, so here is trying to make some people gain a fuller understanding of the whole Sylhet over Bangladesh issue.

Firstly, I don't think that people in Sylhet or Sylhetis in other parts of Bangladesh have this mindset at all. What our crazed Finance Minister may have said at some point is no indication that Sylhetis feel that they are something other than Bangladeshis, or that their Sylheti identity is more important than their national identity.

However, among British Bangladeshis, almost all of whom can trace their origins back to greater Sylhet, the concept of being Sylheti is sometimes greater than of being Bangladeshi. But that isn't out of some arrogance related to Sylhet, it is because for most of these people Bangladesh means Sylhet. They are Sylheti, they speak Sylheti, almost all other Bangladeshis they meet are Sylheti and when they go back to Bangladesh, they take the direct flight to Sylhet. On that flight everyone is Sylheti, and when they arrive, well, they are in Sylhet so everyone and everything is Sylheti!

They have never been to Dhaka or anywhere else in Bangladesh and quite honestly, the rest of Bangladesh is a completely alien country to them. So, their Sylheti identity is all that they know and the fact that they are also, as Sylhetis, Bangladeshis as well is a bit of a vague concept to them. They don't relate to it at all compared to the way they can relate to their Sylheti identity. That is not their fault!

So, on the day prior to arguably our most keenly awaited cricketing fixture, lets not all start a big fight about regional vs national identities. Its just stupid. We are all on the same side here!
Well said, Sham. Thanks.
Old May 25, 2005, 07:58 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

When Monir will end up with few wickets then open a thread like : How many more wickets monir needs to play in the second test .....

How funny you guys are !!!!!!!! Just think we all are bangladeshi ........
Old May 25, 2005, 08:05 PM
Chief Moderator

Thanks Sham! I hope this will remove any confusion/ignorance about what I pointed out before.Nothing against Sylhet. We all are proud to be a Bangladeshi.
Old May 25, 2005, 08:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Pagol Chagol people like you always pointed out about their region. This encourages me to write about those begots comments. A true Bangladeshi will never consider this kind of region issue.Just check your own posts. Few months ago you posted about ths sylhet issue on this forum. You guys in you daily life always talk about this no problem about that. If someone pointed out then all of you jump on this.
A few months ago I pointed out how Chittagong has produced a disproportionately high number of batsmen and Sylhet has produced a disproportionately high number of bowlers and I showed statistical evidence behind them. There is no regional gloating in those claims.

Every sentence in the above paragraph you have written is bigoted. May be you need to stop calling others "you guys" and start consider everyone as "us".
Closed Thread