facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 17, 2007, 12:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
BDFlag Alok and Farhad Dropped, Nadif and Riyad in

Quote:
Two changes for Bangladesh
Rabeed Imam
17-September-2007

The Tigers have decided to make two changes for tomorrow. Batsman Alok Kapali and all-rounder Farhad Reza have been left out. Nadif Chowdhury, the big-hitting right-hander and off-spinning all-rounder Mahmudullah Riyad take their places. Both will appear for the first time in the competition.

Link:http://tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=445
This deserves its own thread in light of all the Alok bashing.

I hope they do better than Alok and Farhad and make a positive difference. Hard to do much worse actually ...

Still no Zunaed ... incredible !!!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Old September 17, 2007, 12:59 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

mahmudullah riad's batting wont be better than kapali. he was really slow in practice matches. Only solution is nadif and Junaid. I really wanna see junaid against srilanka. if BD bats first, their target should be 180 and if BD bats second, target should be win and no more negative attitude like against aussie.. we need JUNAID for sureee
Old September 17, 2007, 01:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mushi, Mash

I think Riyad is included for his off-spin. Otherwise we will not have the 6th bowler option (Aftab's slow medium pace no good for T20).
I hope Nadif will give the middle order the necessary boost !!!
Old September 17, 2007, 01:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Still Nazim...what is this..why not Zunaed and try him the match...Nazim is another TI.
I have nothing to say about Alok..I guess it's time for him to go(!) though he is young but he failed to utilize the chance. May be oneday he will be back again!
I still have not that much hope as Masri and Rasel is not clicking together for some reason. Masrafee's bowling nowadays a great concern.
Old September 17, 2007, 01:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib, Tamim, Tendulkar

আলহামদুল্লিলাহ, আমি মিলাদ দিমু। সোহেল ভাই , দ্রুব, আসিফ ভাই, মিরাজ ভাই, রুম্মন ভাই , রুবু ভাই, সুমন ভাই, অন্তরা কে কে আছেন আসেন। আমি সুরমা আর খেজুরের ব্যাবস্তা করতে গেলাম।
Old September 17, 2007, 01:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

It took them long but finally the good deed for the tour has been done by dropping the useless Kapali. HOwever I am not too fond of having riyad and would have liked Junaid in there instead. In a 20/20 game where the target is to go after the bowlers it is a much easier task to hit off spinners unless your name is Murali. I dont think riyad's inclusion was a wise one. I thought Nadif bowls left arm orthodox so he could have been used as a bowling option too. One great decision and one questionable one. This would have been an ideal platform for Junaid since he is a slam bam kind of batsman from what I gathered from reading about his heroics.
Old September 17, 2007, 01:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR

I hope they do better than Alok and Farhad and make a positive difference. Hard to do much worse actually ...

Ash captain!
Old September 17, 2007, 01:35 PM
Test Cricketer

looks like Bangladesh selector visit out forum. good for the team. now i can change my Sig.
Old September 17, 2007, 01:38 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Hai Hai, eida ki hoilo. Ekhon amader Total Kapali jodi 120 er kom hoi (RR below 6.0), taile kon Kapalire dhoira dholai korbo?
Old September 17, 2007, 01:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_1_primeval_man
Hai Hai, eida ki hoilo. Ekhon amader Total Kapali jodi 120 er kom hoi (RR below 6.0), taile kon Kapalire dhoira dholai korbo?
Why Tamaim and Nazim. No?
Old September 17, 2007, 01:46 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Halfway right decision. They should have gone for making the batting strong, not bowling. Junaid should be a must. Its still not too late to fix the mistake.
Old September 17, 2007, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
In deed, Nazim was responsible to creat pressure on the rest of the players in last match! He sahould have droped too.
Old September 17, 2007, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood
Halfway right decision. They should have gone for making the batting strong, not bowling. Junaid should be a must. Its still not too late to fix the mistake.

Yes, Mahmood bhai. Bring Junaid and drop Nizamuddin. Time is running out though!
Old September 17, 2007, 01:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
In deed, Nazim was responsible to creat pressure on the rest of the players in last match! He sahould have droped too.
Nazim play so well in the Pakistan match. he must play with Pakistan. i am sure nazim will learn from his mistake. and once this guy start going. oh my god ..save srilanka
Old September 17, 2007, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irteja
and once this guy start going. oh my god ..save srilanka
...ha! ha!! Ha!!! A cool one!!! Simply great.
Old September 17, 2007, 02:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

PAK. after a slow start build up 186 and SL is struggling---130 for 7 in 18overs --- they are surely loosing. So, they will come after us heavily ----- as it will be DO or DIE situation for them.
Old September 17, 2007, 02:01 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

It's about time, but why not Zunaid? I think we need more strength in our batting, especially when there's a good chance Tamim and Nazim will fail again.

Anyway it's better than having Kapali and Reza. So who's going to be our next scapegoat if we lose? Place your bets now! I think it's Riyad, because people already dislike him.
Old September 17, 2007, 02:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
PAK. after a slow start build up 186 and SL is struggling---130 for 7 in 18overs --- they are surely loosing. So, they will come after us heavily ----- as it will be DO or DIE situation for them.
Srilanka just lost the game...now this is do or die for both team tomorrow. wait for the fireworks guys. we will be facing lions who are wounded and bloody. they well get desperate for sure.
Old September 17, 2007, 02:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
OK. My next dholai target is Tamim kapali. In all fairness, Nazimuddin should be given atleast another 5-10 chances before he can be called Nazim Kapali.
Old September 17, 2007, 02:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR

They have taken the England strategy of picking bits and pieces players [ you really cannot call them allrounders ]. I am not that unhappy with Farhad's chop. His bowling is ideal fodder for T20 bashing.

Having defended JO for years, I do not want to get into the same trap with Alok. Let's see if Nadif will do any better.

I do find it strange that the first match in which Alok was given the ball was against a rampaging Australia when Ashraful managed not to bowl a single ball.

I think these changes will strengthen our slow bowling department. We do not have the pace to disturb anybody.
Old September 17, 2007, 02:51 PM
Cricket Legend

I am glad that these two have been dropped. After watching the last two matches (SA & AUS), these two guys were definitely wobbling a bit. Even if other players were not consistent, at least their will to do well was obvious.

Alok gave me an impression of hanging on to the olden days' underdog mentality. Farhad's bowling is seriously lacking. To me it seemed like Farhad was more concerned about scoring just enough to keep his place in the team rather than launching into attack for the sake of the team.

I am glad that Nadif is in. Looking fwd to watching his game.

Based on what I saw of Ryad during our last ODI series, I have fair bit of reservation about him. Gotta agree with Sohel NR, where is Junaed??
Old September 17, 2007, 03:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron
where is Junaed??
Carrying the drinks...

i'm happy to see riyad in the team. that guy will do better than farhad reza.. he bowled well against srilanka in the only ODI he played. most of srilankan's batsmen are left handed so he will be usefull.. his batting technique is good also.

i'm not happy to see nadif there. he will fail again.. hes a very incostent player. however i am hoping a good score from him.

tamim is the biggest failure in our team. this guy should be sent to the Academy team. and he shouldnt be back untill he corrects his batting problems... i think he wont be here around that much like his elder brother. both are failures.

nazim should be given more chances...more than what tamim gots.. tamim getting way too many chances.. don't know how...maybe cause of akram chacha..

junaid would have been better in place of tamim...

over-all its a good team.. hope our openers clicks this time. and give us a flying start..
Old September 17, 2007, 03:06 PM
Cricket Sage

wat'ss riyad gonna do..he madd sloww..he ain't gonna makee much of a difference..luking forward to see nadif playy..n hopefully nazim will click tomm..
Old September 17, 2007, 03:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

I would have gone with Zia instead of Riyad. Junaid in place of Tamim. Tamim better delivers tomorrow. Otherwise, I wont want to see him anywhere near the national side. Let him go back and play U19 WC and more domestic games. The boy has serious technical flaws.
Old September 17, 2007, 03:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by irteja
Srilanka just lost the game...now this is do or die for both team tomorrow. wait for the fireworks guys. we will be facing lions who are wounded and bloody. they well get desperate for sure.
Spot on! Sri lanka will come after BD like a pack of wounded and hungry lions after this defeat against Pakistan. This came as a surprise to SL, but one has to admire the skill and mental atttude of Pakistan.They deserved this win. Bowling, fielding and batting were superb. BD recently played against Pak. and although losing, did very well.

Pakistan might lose against Oz and will go after BD for a win to keep them in the competition. The way OZ is playing, no team will beat them, even though Sl will try their best.

Allah help BD against SL who will devour them, and Pakistan who must win, and after seeing the way they played against Sl with all their arsenal power, we have to sit back and watch the fireworks. I hope BD puts up a good fight.
Junaid should have been selected now.