facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 20, 2010, 03:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Issshre... polapain khali shopno dekhai...pore vangar jonne
Murad inshallah eibar vangbe na.

Old January 20, 2010, 03:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
How about this:

Tamim: 55
Ashraful: 87
Rakibul: 39
Sakib: 75
Riad: 52
Mushfique: 78*
Shahadat: 18
Shafiul: 12
Rubel DNB: 0*
Win by 1 wicket.

Wishful thinking/Wild Dream/Possible/Wake up and smell the Coffee??
That's a 2 wicket win. I edited it for you.
Old January 20, 2010, 04:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

98 overs. Say we play 90 overs. RRR 3.867 Just be patient and get a century.
Old January 20, 2010, 04:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Somebody today will break the BD record of highest innings score of 158*. You heard it here first. Go ahead and open a thread after that happens to glorify me. I will accept ganda phuler tora..
Old January 20, 2010, 04:08 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I do not know what will happen tomorrow, but I am very impressed with the positive mindset of the fans and cricketers. Its really difficult for me to understand the source of such motivation. I think even the Australians (fans and cricketers) will not show such confidence if they were in a similar situation.

Confidence is contagious. I am starting to think that we might pull off a surprise tomorrow.
Old January 20, 2010, 04:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

I say as long as either one of Tamim, Ash or Shakib is in the crease we should bat to win the match. However if all three of them are gone we should try and draw the game. Then we will have to depend on the grit and determination of Mushy, Riyad and Rokib.
Old January 20, 2010, 04:10 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

we can do it! play sensible, don't play like SN- the idi*t ...that's all it needs. our opponent's bowling lineup is nothing to fear about. Tomorrow is a new day....we can re-write the history. Inshallah.
Old January 20, 2010, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Good to see the guys are confident. Now let's see if they are talkers or doers.
Old January 20, 2010, 04:27 PM
Cricket Guru

The weather here became normal, not so much cold like the first 2 days. I expect the wicket will have lesser dew in the morning. It should be a beautiful batting condition. Inshallah our players will utilize it.
Old January 20, 2010, 04:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
I do not know what will happen tomorrow, but I am very impressed with the positive mindset of the fans and cricketers. Its really difficult for me to understand the source of such motivation. I think even the Australians (fans and cricketers) will not show such confidence if they were in a similar situation.

Confidence is contagious. I am starting to think that we might pull off a surprise tomorrow.
When they are in full confidence, they do the exact opposite. We saw that many times before.
Old January 20, 2010, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Issshre... polapain khali shopno dekhai...pore vangar jonne
There's not much else that you can do as a Bangladesh fan. For us, reality isn't really a flower bed.
Old January 20, 2010, 04:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
When the are in full confidence, they do the exact opposite. We saw that many times before.
We have seen an exception in the WC2007. Let's put money on it.
Old January 20, 2010, 04:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Murad inshallah eibar vangbe na.
I hope so.
Old January 20, 2010, 04:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
There's not much else that you can do as a Bangladesh fan. For us, reality isn't really a flower bed.
I was talking about the cricketers. Amader ke shopno dekhaitese je eta korbe sheta korbe.. Erokom kotha aage o onekbar boleche kintu tar 1/4 o korte parenai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
We have seen an exception in the WC2007. Let's put money on it.
Well brother, that was in ODIs. We can win ODIs. But Test is different. Amader player ra bole je valo innings khelbe..valo ball chere kharap ball marbe..but crease e giye shob bhuila jai...
Old January 20, 2010, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
I was talking about the cricketers. Amader ke shopno dekhaitese je eta korbe sheta korbe.. Erokom kotha aage o onekbar boleche kintu tar 1/4 o korte parenai.
Jodi korte na pare tahole maar ektao matite porbe na...
Old January 20, 2010, 04:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
WE will make 180 maximum - all out and nothing more. Truth hurts but it is true for our sorry nation. Both Ash and TI will out in the first 5 overs tomorrow... then batting collapse. Saqib will resist and rest is just BD book work. Good thing was we lasted (!) til the fifth day and avoided innings defeat but wait Test two will be an innings defeat.. .I have the crystal ball right infront of me.. oh wait, you dnt need a crystal ball to predict Bangladesh.
You really need a crystal ball to predict cricket; be it BD. How do you know that's the truth of tomorrow? We don't have the capacity of doing better than that everyday, but occassionally ... yes we can. So Better relax and enjoy the game, even if you can't conceive that we might be competitive.

Are you angry or what? What makes you predict the worst so confidently? None knows tomorrow, except God. Chill man...
Old January 20, 2010, 04:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

as long as we can get 350 and push india...the moral victory will be ours.

"ordinary", "can't take 20 wickets", 413-8 on a batting wicket, alleged no. 1 ranking, all these things will give us the spiritual victory so long as we cross 300 and cause the indians to start fretting tomorrow.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 20, 2010, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

If we do get bundled out for 180 tomorrow, which is highly likely, then so be it. At least we took it to the post lunch session on the fifth day.

Btw, Sehwag is such a spoilsport: declaring when they were 8 down. A couple of more overs and he might have been toast for his comments on our bowling before the match (not that he already isn't).
Old January 20, 2010, 04:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz

Then it should be termed, over confidence for us ...

If they are having over confidence, then you might expect even worse than what they could do in normal situation. We know what is worse for us...
Old January 20, 2010, 05:06 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

We the poor Tigers Fans do not show such over confidence every day. Did I feel that Bangladesh would win against India when they scored 296? I still felt that we would lose, even 3 early wickets didn't change my inner thought/intuition. So was the feeling of most BCites. But when BD beats India, divine intervention (?) somehow makes us feel/smell it beforehand. Like most of us had that feeling before March 7, 07. That feeling for some strange reason has come again tonight among most BCites. Inshallah we will win tomorrow, inshallah!!!!
Old January 20, 2010, 05:31 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
We the poor Tigers Fans do not show such over confidence every day. Did I feel that Bangladesh would win against India when they scored 296? I still felt that we would lose, even 3 early wickets didn't change my inner thought/intuition. So was the feeling of most BCites. But when BD beats India, divine intervention (?) somehow makes us feel/smell it beforehand. Like most of us had that feeling before March 7, 07. That feeling for some strange reason has come again tonight among most BCites. Inshallah we will win tomorrow, inshallah!!!!
Oh noooooooo. You did not have to let it out bro. You just ruined the chance. LOl.

On a more serious note. We should be happy with the way we already played. I will take any good performance on the 5th day as bonus. I would not mind even if lose by 300 runs. Would be very happy if we reduce the margin to 200.
Old January 20, 2010, 05:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Guys, we follow cricket just for the sole cause that we wanna win. No matter how likely the loss or the worst situation is, if we give up so early, then there's just no point to be honest.

So stop the neg vibe. even if we lose by an innings tomorrow (i know that's not possible..but even suppose we score some negative runs tomorrow), still don't lose hope. If we can score around 250 against SL in the last day with only 5 wickets in hand, then we can surely score 350 with 8 wickets in hand.
Old January 20, 2010, 06:04 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: TAmim + Ash

Think about it, a draw is going to be really hard for our players. They usually feel that they are underpressure if there is two dot balls in a row so they always swing. But if they score 4-5 an over, we can win tomorrow.
BTW, have you noticed that most of our players are having trouble scoring singles.
Old January 20, 2010, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chol_bd123
BTW, have you noticed that most of our players are having trouble scoring singles.
Yes, since 1975.
Old January 20, 2010, 08:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
If we do get bundled out for 180 tomorrow, which is highly likely, then so be it. At least we took it to the post lunch session on the fifth day.

Btw, Sehwag is such a spoilsport: declaring when they were 8 down. A couple of more overs and he might have been toast for his comments on our bowling before the match (not that he already isn't).
Actually, to be fair to Shewag, he gave an ample time to BD bowlers to bowl the team out after Karthik's wicket. If he had declared before India reached 400, he could have been guilty as charged but once the team crossed 400, that opportunity was lost . In my opinion though, he should've declared with the lead around 375, if only to account for the time left in the game.