facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 31, 2011, 06:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
early or not i don't think we have a choice. Mushy is too poor with gloves...plus WK and batting in top 5 is tough and that might be why he dropped two sitters this game. if he gives up his gloves we can move him up to #3 or 4, spots where he has teh technique + temperment to be the best in our history. he also has good stroke play and hence the ability to attack/counter-attack.

i want to blood Anamul in for the PAK series if the result is sticking with Imrul/Junaid/Rock. I'm glad we'll get a chance to see Rock and SN in another innings to see what they have to offer.

But ideally, I'd like to see Anamul and Asif ahmed come in for the Pak series as NCL will be over by then. Perfect time to breed them in, imo. Let anamul keep wicket and if he displays that he is too good a batsman to be batting down the order, let him give up his gloves and move up the order as well.

As is, I think we have a settled spin attack. The Pacers, for all their flaws, still pick themselves so our depth chart should look like this, imo, for the PAK series:

1) Tamim
2) ?, Naeem possibly

3) Asif Ahmed, Nafees
4) Mushfiq
5) Naeem, Ashraful, Raqibul, Anamul (+)
6) Shakib
7) Riyad
8) Nasir
9) Sunny
10) Shahadat, Shafiul
11) Rubel

Anamul is also a potential opener but then Mushy would have to keep wicket still.
tbh i'd probably be picking this team:
1 tamim
2 naeem (if not naeem then i guess it's junaid/nafees or asif)
3 shuvagoto/rahim (if he doesn't keep)
4 rahim/shuvagoto (if rahim doesn't keep)
5 shakib
6 riyad/nasir
7 riyad/nasir
8 anamul....if we are to pick another keeper (couple of you guys swayed me on this one)
9 sunny..../shafiul/shahadat
10 rubel
11 subashis (time to push him ahead, it's not like anyone else has solidified their position here)

i just don't want to go back to that system where we bring in guys to early. it's not so bad bringing anamul in and playing him at 7/8, but i think it's tougher to bring in asif since he'd be opening).

Old October 31, 2011, 06:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Not everyone is Jeffrey Dujon. He is too short for a WK. How tall is Anamul? I like Jaharul over Dhiman.
Old October 31, 2011, 09:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Not everyone is Jeffrey Dujon. He is too short for a WK. How tall is Anamul? I like Jaharul over Dhiman.
He doesn't look to be tall either.....

Old October 31, 2011, 10:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ShakTikMashNasir(ShakV2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
There is no need for a poll. I just said what I thought and asked if you thought the same. I have no pleasure proving him the absolute worst.
I don't think he's the worst, I would vote a NO.
Old October 31, 2011, 10:36 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

he is putting kamran akmal to shame...even shakib can keep better
Old October 31, 2011, 10:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

I will go Amanul.
Old October 31, 2011, 10:51 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

He is not..may be he is adjusting after getting captaincy.
Old October 31, 2011, 11:00 AM
Cricket Legend

I saw Jahurul keep wicket at Bristol when we won the match against England. He did nothing wrong !

Mushfiq is quite simply not a test match keeper. Any drop catch , add another 50 to the opposition score against our bowling.

I would still pick him as a batsman. He can keep in the ODI's.
Old October 31, 2011, 11:07 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

guys have some patience. Mushfiq is going through a lot of pressure and i am sure those are contributing factors here. He is still probably the best player in the series for us.

I am sure he will improve
Old October 31, 2011, 11:36 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I think He should just focus on his batting and have someone else do the keeping. We are so lucky to have a batsman like him.

Dhiman is way better than him when it comes to work with the gloves. But that will be too much to think for the selectors/team management and we are not going to see that bold move
Old October 31, 2011, 12:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Come on give him a break. he is not the best but he is no way the worst. He is having a bad game. he did kept pretty good before this game. beside it takes some time to settle in a captains role and keeper role at the same time...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old October 31, 2011, 02:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Your concern is invalid for two main reasons. Firstly we don't have a pace-oriented attack and neither are our pacers known for generating a great deal of bounce. Secondly, Mushy's main problem is his inability to hold on to catches off spinners. Now I don't see how height can have anything to do with that. In fact I could argue height could pose greater difficulty when keeping to spinners.

And the way you keep raising this issue, I think you have a misconception about the heights of wicket-keepers. Only Craig Kieswetter of England comes to mind as a tall wicket-keeper. The rest from Dhoni, McCullum, Boucher, Carlton Baugh to Adnan Akmal are average to below-average height relative to the other players in their teams. Parthiv Patel, India's second-choice wicket-keeper is the same height (or possibly shorter) than Mushy.
Old October 31, 2011, 03:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf

he may not be tall but he's certainly taller than mushy. regardless, Equinox is right on the money. height or its lack is not Mushy's problem. being a butterfinger is.

he drops catches off spinners as if its some religious rite i'm unaware of. nothing to do with height. he just doesn't have the skill. he drops a lot of balls. maybe his hands are too small to fit into the gloves. in that case he should wear childrens WK gloves. maybe that will help. but his collecting when he stands up to the stumps is appalling.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 31, 2011, 04:01 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf

This pic was taken when he was 15/16..I'm sure he gone bit taller now...

I'm sure he is 5ft 7"+

Old October 31, 2011, 06:21 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Mo bhai, kindly post Anamul Haque's keeping video here. Thanks

Flying stumping, never seen that before

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old October 31, 2011, 07:06 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Video @ Nadims request

and Embedding for Gopal
Old October 31, 2011, 07:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Yes definitely the worst keeper in international cricket! He needs to be able play as a batsman only. If he can't keep his place as a batsman then should be out. We need to start grooming a proper keeper. I never liked him as a keeper.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old October 31, 2011, 07:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tam,Soum,Musy,Mustaf

yes but he is captain.so not sure it could be possible to take another wk keeper in team
Old October 31, 2011, 08:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

BCB should send Mushy to Australia to their cricket academy where he can do some serious training with a wicket keeping coach.
Old October 31, 2011, 08:29 PM
ODI Cricketer

I'm confident that if he gives up the gloves he will be able to average 35+ in Tests. I think we have to consider how difficult it is to keep wicket and then shortly go out and bat like he had to, it's no wonder he lost concentration and fished at the first ball he faced, and got out.
His wicket keeping is very ordinary and is having a detrimental effect on the teams and his own performance. Also we have a problem with the number 3 and 4 batting positions so why not kill two bird with one stone.
Anamul Haque will be in the team in the future but in the short term it may be wise to bring in Dhiman as he is the best WK in Bangladesh. His batting may be below average but this could be offset with the gain in Mushy batting performances, and also the obvious gain in wicket keeping.
Old October 31, 2011, 09:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Mushy keeping has improved in recent times, one bad day doesn't negate everything. I agree that mushy needs to improve, but trashing him after a bad day is not fair. If he starts to have bad days more frequently, then i will join the witch hunt...

BTW, missing Junaid for his slip fielding.
Old November 1, 2011, 01:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
... he drops catches off spinners as if its some religious rite i'm unaware of. nothing to do with height. he just doesn't have the skill. he drops a lot of balls. maybe his hands are too small to fit into the gloves. in that case he should wear childrens WK gloves. maybe that will help. but his collecting when he stands up to the stumps is appalling.

BTW, Bijauy is tall enough at 5'-8". Height is an issue when range matters. Range matters when you have express bowlers getting loads of carry off a good pitch.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 1, 2011, 12:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Your concern is invalid for two main reasons. Firstly we don't have a pace-oriented attack and neither are our pacers known for generating a great deal of bounce. Secondly, Mushy's main problem is his inability to hold on to catches off spinners. Now I don't see how height can have anything to do with that. In fact I could argue height could pose greater difficulty when keeping to spinners.

And the way you keep raising this issue, I think you have a misconception about the heights of wicket-keepers. Only Craig Kieswetter of England comes to mind as a tall wicket-keeper. The rest from Dhoni, McCullum, Boucher, Carlton Baugh to Adnan Akmal are average to below-average height relative to the other players in their teams. Parthiv Patel, India's second-choice wicket-keeper is the same height (or possibly shorter) than Mushy.
Yes, I agree we do not have a pace oriented attack, however, the cricketing rules are forcing us to have a decent pace attack. Two new ball rule is an example. The sooner we shift or at least try our best to have better pacers the better it is.
+++
Dhoni 5' 9", McCullum 5' 7", K Mashud 5' 7", Boucher should be in similar range. Sanga should be taller. Our Mushi 5' 2" max.

Several times balls have gone by him (not standing close to the stumps). Those 5/6 inches plus the reach could make a difference. 1/2 chances could have turned in to a chance. Several bouncers went for four (over his head) even in our benign wickets. Mushi's height is a problem.
+++
As for catching/dropping of spinners or what is Mushi's main problem is, I have not said anything about that. That is totally a different point than my concern. You are assuming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
... In fact I could argue height could pose greater difficulty when keeping to spinners...
No you cannot argue. Taller keepers than 5'2" should not have any problem in keeping for spinners. Gilly kept for Warne, Dhoni for many Ind spinners. We have seen Dhiman and Jaharul keep well for the spinners. I am not asking a 6'2" clumsy wicket keeper for crying out loud!!