facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Should Bangladesh opt for self exile for short time ?
Yes, that will help us to regroup and prepare better for future 14 31.11%
No, that will push us backward 23 51.11%
Clueless as Bangladesh team 4 8.89%
lets continue play till ICC moves in 4 8.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 4, 2011, 10:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Self exile would be an action too pragmatic for us only because of our sissy culture. It would force players, coaches, officials alike to take a long, hard look at themselves and what they're doing. Nothing motivates human beings more than fear in their hearts and this sort of action would not just ruffle a few feathers, but also scare the $hit out of a lot of people whose livelihood are directly affected by such decision. In extreme circumstances like that, the odds of something good happening increases tremendously. I can see even our BCB officials-as crooked and obtuse as they may be-proactively working towards resolving some critical issues.

Old December 4, 2011, 10:53 PM
Cricket Legend

I think self-exile would do us some serious good under certain conditions. Specifically, we would have to ensure that we get enough tour matches against A teams, national teams, club teams in all formats of the game for the next 3-4 years. And the ICC would have to ensure that we are developing a proper domestic first class system.
Old December 4, 2011, 11:30 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

what about our players playing in other countries domestic leagues :/
Old December 4, 2011, 11:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco
what about our players playing in other countries domestic leagues :/
I dont see anyone other than Shakib and Tamim getting a chance to play other countries' domestic league that too looking bleak considering Tamim's poor performance.

There is no alternative than having a strong domestic structure, be it First class, Premier league, One day league. All the Test playing country had their domestic structure first in place and then started playing for international matches. And we ! We are playing international matches day by day without improving our domestic structure. By domestic structure, i dont only mean regular First class leagues, i mean under aged based (under 15,17,19) 3 days, 4 days league, inter district tournament, Regular School tournament, talent grooming with proper coaching staffs, Talent Hunt, Inter College, University tournament, preparing good and sporting pitches, arranging coaching school where local coaches will be given coaching, coaching for local umpires so that more people will be interested in Umpiring role, Club tournaments, Tournament with foreign clubs etc.

What i feel is that once you start playing international matches according to FTP, it is very hard to look into domestic structure due to hectic international schedule. International teams are coming, our players are going to overseas, selectors are busy forming 15 men squad with same 20 odd players by permutation and combination method, BCB officials are trying look them busy by attending International meeting and some occasional ground visits. At the end, no one cares about our main problem.
Old December 5, 2011, 12:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
By domestic structure, i dont only mean regular First class leagues, i mean under aged based (under 15,17,19) 3 days, 4 days league, inter district tournament, Regular School tournament, talent grooming with proper coaching staffs, Talent Hunt, Inter College, University tournament, preparing good and sporting pitches, arranging coaching school where local coaches will be given coaching, coaching for local umpires so that more people will be interested in Umpiring role, Club tournaments, Tournament with foreign clubs etc.
And if all these can happen, then i am sure more Sports TV channels will be opened in Bangladesh, may be one Sports channel for only cricket, who knows. That will result more Sponsors, more money, more audience, more interests among people, more competition - Its all good mate. Then members like us wont have to depend on only BD's international matches.

Look at English, Aussie, SA or even India, people get more interest in their domestic games than they get from International matches.
Old December 5, 2011, 02:15 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

we don't have a large pool of good players
Old December 5, 2011, 06:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by max410
we don't have a large pool of good players

Very, very true. Also, young players should not be drafted into the national team until they have played at least five years of domestic and first class cricket with the exception of a few talented cricketers

Also, the BCB should pay a small salary to a pool of about 25 young players to help them with living expenses, so that they can continue training and playing cricket.
Old December 5, 2011, 09:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

be honest to yourelf naimul bhai, bd cricket 1 year na dekhe thakte parben?
Old December 5, 2011, 09:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
be honest to yourelf naimul bhai, bd cricket 1 year na dekhe thakte parben?
kintu amra je rokom khelchi tatey next year e kono team amader against e khelte na chaile tokhon ki hobe ? or, worst case scenario, ICC jodi within 2 years er moddhey Test Status e niye ney ? tumi jeta boltecho sheta short term, kintu long term er kotha chinta kora uchit
Old December 5, 2011, 10:10 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

^^As long as we have fanatical fans, the ICC will not revoke our Test status. There are very few countries in the world that follow cricket as fervently and the commercial-minded ICC will be loathe to alienate them (and their hard earned cash).

Even if we don't have the same audiences in Tests as we do in ODIs and T20s, they are still sizable. Even more importantly, if BD's test status is revoked the fanbase will take it as a slight and feel affronted.

I wish the ICC was more vocal in its criticism of Bangladesh's slow 'progress'. People don't like it when international bodies or other countries interfere in domestic matters, but in terms of sports development, we at least need stricter guidelines and performance objectives. This might spur Lotus & co into some action, purely because they want to hold a high position in the ICC soon.
Old December 5, 2011, 11:03 AM
Test Cricketer

I think we have no hope. Even the most talented ones are biriyani gulping, smoke belching idiots. I was shocked by the flabbyness of some the players. Even shakib looked like a bowiling ball pin!

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=bowli...t:429,r:23,s:0
Old December 5, 2011, 11:24 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
I dont see anyone other than Shakib and Tamim getting a chance to play other countries' domestic league that too looking bleak considering Tamim's poor performance.

There is no alternative than having a strong domestic structure, be it First class, Premier league, One day league. All the Test playing country had their domestic structure first in place and then started playing for international matches. And we ! We are playing international matches day by day without improving our domestic structure. By domestic structure, i dont only mean regular First class leagues, i mean under aged based (under 15,17,19) 3 days, 4 days league, inter district tournament, Regular School tournament, talent grooming with proper coaching staffs, Talent Hunt, Inter College, University tournament, preparing good and sporting pitches, arranging coaching school where local coaches will be given coaching, coaching for local umpires so that more people will be interested in Umpiring role, Club tournaments, Tournament with foreign clubs etc.

What i feel is that once you start playing international matches according to FTP, it is very hard to look into domestic structure due to hectic international schedule. International teams are coming, our players are going to overseas, selectors are busy forming 15 men squad with same 20 odd players by permutation and combination method, BCB officials are trying look them busy by attending International meeting and some occasional ground visits. At the end, no one cares about our main problem.
A thoughtful post. Pretty much summed up all the required steps needed to develop our cricket.
Old December 5, 2011, 07:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

If they lose miserably today then I will definitely consider this option.. that way we will save some respect for ourselves rather than getting criticized and that will actually help to restructure our cricket !!!
Old December 5, 2011, 07:54 PM
Test Cricketer

be careful what you wish for.....
Old December 5, 2011, 08:02 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

I cant live without Bangladesh Cricket. I know that we get beat up by almost every team but that is what we enjoy and maybe one day i will tell my kids that there was a time this tigers were minnows and they used to get beat up.
Old December 5, 2011, 08:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Shouldn't be playing Test cricket, the losing streak and record is beyond shameful.
Old December 5, 2011, 08:17 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mushfiqur

Once you fail an exam, do you drop the class?
Old December 5, 2011, 08:26 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvirbd
But how long will the school persist before the student gets the kick?
Old December 5, 2011, 09:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerEz
I cant live without Bangladesh Cricket. I know that we get beat up by almost every team but that is what we enjoy and maybe one day i will tell my kids that there was a time this tigers were minnows and they used to get beat up.
Same here. But I am thinking about the bigger picture. I just feel that our players are not ready (as a team) to perform in the international arena. They need a little break to hold them together as a team and perform well. Hope your wish comes true someday soon. Your last line brought a smile on my face. Thank you.
Old December 5, 2011, 09:13 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Same here. But I am thinking about the bigger picture. I just feel that our players are not ready (as a team) to perform in the international arena. They need a little break to hold them together as a team and perform well. Hope your wish comes true someday soon. Your last line brought a smile on my face. Thank you.
thnx and we all love our team and that's why we support it and hope whatever happens it happens for the best
Old December 5, 2011, 10:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
No but if you consecutively fail its better to drop than persist ? Of course in hope of returning on it again better prepared.

P.S < high school, you got no choice. Tough luck high schoolers.
Old December 5, 2011, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnabhai
Shouldn't be playing Test cricket, the losing streak and record is beyond shameful.
Is it? Did you check SL or NZ's stat? Won't be that shameful as you are now!
Old December 6, 2011, 12:22 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

you know what guys, the espn preview they said something about if BD should withdraw from intl' cricket and they were basing that off "fans reaction on internet"..this is where BD fans come, i know u guys are upset at the current performance but this discussion is going too overboard
Old December 6, 2011, 02:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
if you fail for 10 yrs.. then maybe yes??
Old December 6, 2011, 09:00 AM
Cricket Guru

we cant chase down 130 in T20, we cant chase down 170 in ODI. When we bat first, we get bowled out for 58, 78, 91.

Cant take this shame anymore !!! We were much better during Pilot era !