facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 14, 2007, 12:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Ask Sharier Nafis to start practicing WK

Old February 14, 2007, 01:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by couger
I was impressed with Mushfiqur Rahim's batting Against Zim A. Sure would like to know how good a keeper he really is.
he is terrible. even cricinfo says he is still shaky. and i dont see how he is not going to be shaky in the world cup.
Old February 14, 2007, 01:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

February 23, 2005, 08:15 PM

couger
Test Cricketer

I was impressed with Mushfiqur Rahim's batting Against Zim A. Sure would like to know how good a keeper he really is.

jaihok,
dui boshor'er modhey hoito cougar bhai tar uttor peye gasen.

FRB,
if you don't watch the WC then you will miss how much he has improved.
Old February 14, 2007, 02:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Rabeed Imam predicted Pilot would there for another four years whereas he got kicked out the team less than two years of that prediction ! Things change lot faster than we expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DstarRab
With due respect to names that have been mentioned, unless there is a massive dip in Pilot's form or the emergence of a really outstanding youngster from nowhere, I don't think pilot's place will be automatically taken by any other wicketkeeper for atleast another four years.
Old February 14, 2007, 10:53 PM
Club Cricketer

Dhiman ghosh is a dam good wicketkeeper batsman. This guy is not only good but a lefti. Most bowlers in the world has problems bowling to a left hander. We also need a couple more left handed players to create a left and right hand combination. I dont want to forget about mushfiquir as far as i know he is an excellent batsman and played those 2 brilliant innings against zimbabwe to win us the games. It is really difficult for the selector to choose between ghosh and rahim. Then again without ODI exposure it will put rahim in extreme mental and physical pressure if he is straight away put into test cricket. For the time being we must capitilize on mashud to play test cricket and maybe later rahim can be selected for test. Dont forget that mashud is an excellent and exprienced wicketkeeper, he can maintain long concentration which is rewuired in test cricket. As for dhiman it will be difficult for him to be even in the odi team because rahim needs to be developed from odi cricket. Maybe later he can compete to get in odi spot 1nce rahim makes it to test spot, mainly to the fact that he has an agressive attidue towards his batting which is ideal for odi cricket. If he is does realy well in odi maybe test cricket. This good for Bangladesh cricket to see some competition.
Old February 15, 2007, 08:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Who told you Dhiman is a lefty ?

Chittagong wicketkeeper-batsman Dhiman Ghosh drives on the off-side.
PHOTO: STAR
Old February 15, 2007, 08:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Rabeed Imam predicted Pilot would there for another four years whereas he got kicked out the team less than two years of that prediction ! Things change lot faster than we expect.
Did you miss out the "unless there is a massive dip in Pilot's form" part of Mr. Imam's report? Well, since that report, pilot's batting went down and down and down .... plus we got a reasonable replacement.
Old February 15, 2007, 09:18 AM
First Class Cricketer

"he is terrible. even cricinfo says he is still shaky. and i dont see how he is not going to be shaky in the world cup."

That's a gross misrepresentation of facts, maybe he was a bit shaky in his first assignment abroad in this last series, but I watched the games live betn. BD-ZIM in BD. He did just excellent, on par with KMP, if not better.
  • He was very agile and looked confident
  • His movement to his left, to save some wide balls from Shahdat was a feast for the eye
  • On one occassion, in one single movement, he jumped to catch a throw from a fielder, extended his arm in an attempt to run out the batsman, and then checked his action when he saw the batter was already in the crease......just excellent!
Folks who have watched that series wold testify to this. And without any doubt, he is class-above batter than KMP. I salute the brave decision made by our selectors, it remains to be seen if they can hold on to that under the huge pressure....I read in Prothom-Alo today that some CTG adviser wants to talk with Faruk and Co. about this decision. I'm speechless. While I don't want to demean what KMP did in the past, but for the sake of our cricket, he needs to move on to play other form of cricket (read Test and domestic crickets)
Old February 15, 2007, 09:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaltuRidwanBhai
he is terrible. even cricinfo says he is still shaky. and i dont see how he is not going to be shaky in the world cup.
Pls give this lad a bit time.. he is young, promising and talented... I think we will not regret to have him for the future.. I have seen some of his batting... he looks to me solid and classy.. compare to some of the players in current bd team...
Old February 15, 2007, 11:45 AM
Club Cricketer

I am not if I shoud write this...
we need to give support top Mushfiq before world cup..rather than demoralizing him...prothom alo te poll dise..and everyone is saying Pilot ke na nile bole WC 07 e bangladesh er khela dekha boycott korbe..

ami Mushfiq rahim hoile ar eigula dekhle... amar motivation ar moral er obostha bhalo hoito na jaai hok...pilot world cup na khelle mara jabe na..he said he is going to come back...let him earn his place...sympathy dekhaye team e ferot anano baje hobe...

shobche baje hoise ...last zim vs Bang er series taTV te na dekhano..shpobay realize krotese na how good a batsman he is and Bangladesh ke bachaise in one inns. Ami sure world cup e first 2-1 match pore ..shobar way of thinking will change
Old February 15, 2007, 12:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalifa
"he is terrible. even cricinfo says he is still shaky. and i dont see how he is not going to be shaky in the world cup."

That's a gross misrepresentation of facts, maybe he was a bit shaky in his first assignment abroad in this last series, but I watched the games live betn. BD-ZIM in BD. He did just excellent, on par with KMP, if not better.
  • He was very agile and looked confident
  • His movement to his left, to save some wide balls from Shahdat was a feast for the eye
  • On one occassion, in one single movement, he jumped to catch a throw from a fielder, extended his arm in an attempt to run out the batsman, and then checked his action when he saw the batter was already in the crease......just excellent!
Folks who have watched that series wold testify to this. And without any doubt, he is class-above batter than KMP. I salute the brave decision made by our selectors, it remains to be seen if they can hold on to that under the huge pressure....I read in Prothom-Alo today that some CTG adviser wants to talk with Faruk and Co. about this decision. I'm speechless. While I don't want to demean what KMP did in the past, but for the sake of our cricket, he needs to move on to play other form of cricket (read Test and domestic crickets)