facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 22, 2012, 03:48 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Anamul 20

Ziaur 26

Why are we even comparing them? Let's see where Anamul is in 6 years time.

Old June 22, 2012, 04:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

In T20 you don't need technically sound , classy batsman . In slogging you need runs , no matter how it comes ! I like his approach , look forward to see him in T20 WC .
Old June 22, 2012, 04:39 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Mali007, I think it depends on your role in the team and the kind of opposition you are facing. If you are facing Dale Steyn and Morne Morkel, you need to have a top order that can play searing pace and bounce well as otherwise they will not be able to capitalize on the powerplays. Someone with a solid technique and a large array of shots is most likely to do that. Even if you come low down the order like Zia does you need to be prepared to play yorkers/full length deliveries well as otherwise you won't score many runs of the last couple of overs or you'll be bowled.

I like the fact that Zia is aggressive and powerful but he is over-reliant on the hoick to the legside and needs to expand his armory of strokes.

Also, how come someone with his height and build bowls at such gentle pace?
Old June 22, 2012, 05:14 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Navo, he was one of the most promising young bowler few yrs bak. Could have bowl 80mph+ and was a regular opener with the bowl. But in his latest interview with PA, he had some serious injury, which is why he lost a lot of pace. Not only that, it also made him a occasional bowler...

Mind you, none of these pacers gets money from bcb to get the surgery unless ur Mash, Rubel, etc

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old June 22, 2012, 05:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Gracious me, one decent outing and we have official thread? Bangalis so eager to idolize and then the usual 'off with their heads' slogans.

The middle path is the best - in cases of passion. Passion - unbridled - is a dangerous thing. Many will disagree - but boyosh holey bhujbey.
Old June 22, 2012, 06:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

In BPL his avg. was 28.5 , not bad ?
Old June 22, 2012, 06:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
Gracious me, one decent outing and we have official thread? Bangalis so eager to idolize and then the usual 'off with their heads' slogans.

The middle path is the best - in cases of passion. Passion - unbridled - is a dangerous thing. Many will disagree - but boyosh holey bhujbey.
Thread er double benefit ache....if he keeps doing good, idolizers can continue doing it and if he flops.....they give birth to haters...both will have a place to do that...

But I just saw the high lights and I know they generally don't show missed swings.. but I tell you, he is a brutal slogger. We needed one like that for T20. We were counting on Mash/Razzak but none could give expected output. He is prettier than Mash and very effective. His bowling is decent too, got wickets. What else u want from a tail-ender? If he can be polished a little bit, he can become our YP.

Well played today.
Old June 22, 2012, 06:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Anamul 20

Ziaur 26

Why are we even comparing them? Let's see where Anamul is in 6 years time.
Because they are both playing for BD national team.. the first person to deserve the axe should be anamul and not zia...
Old June 22, 2012, 06:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo

I like the fact that Zia is aggressive and powerful but he is over-reliant on the hoick to the legside and needs to expand his armory of strokes.
He thinks he's reverse Lara with his calypso style hoick...

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 22, 2012, 06:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

haven't him bat yet, we need a player like him that come in and strike the ball hard. Obviously, he needs to improve a lot...
Old June 22, 2012, 08:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Rox
People were so confident about Zia. He can do this.....he can do that....all other stuffs. He was the only 1, who was letting BD down big time. All those wild swings to no avail. Some of the shots were really poor, including the 1s which even crossed the rope. One word can describe him-UNPROFESSIONAL.
Really disappointing with his performance.
Dont forget. He got us home today.
Old June 22, 2012, 09:22 PM
Cricket Guru

He looked horrible trying to hit the ball. Kept swining and missing like a freak!
But, he got us home and played some good shots in the end
Old June 22, 2012, 09:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Mali007, I think it depends on your role in the team and the kind of opposition you are facing. If you are facing Dale Steyn and Morne Morkel, you need to have a top order that can play searing pace and bounce well as otherwise they will not be able to capitalize on the powerplays. Someone with a solid technique and a large array of shots is most likely to do that. Even if you come low down the order like Zia does you need to be prepared to play yorkers/full length deliveries well as otherwise you won't score many runs of the last couple of overs or you'll be bowled.

plus one

As much as hitting ability is required, technique is also important. His technique was exposed when he tried to clear boundaries to short pitch deliveries. All over the world every team has got such players- Afridi for Pak, Pollard for WI, Pathan for India; most of the times they won't come good but once they do- opposition is taken to the cleaners. From this point, Zia can only improve and can be used as slogger and pinch hitter only (with occassional see through out if team is in trouble); so therefore his hitting technique must improve.
Old June 22, 2012, 10:06 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib-al-hasan

Zia's figures in this series so far
0/16,23 v ZIM
1/28,18 v SA
1/18 v ZIM
1/7,27* v SA
Total runs; 68,Avg: 34
Wickets: 3(4 matches),Avg:23
I liked what he's done so far in the series in his 1st outing in national colors&i can only see the performances developing further.Believe,at the end it's the figures&stats which really matter,not how he's done it.

Elegantly driven through the cover,well controlled shot,lovely to watch&it's a four_scoreboard+4

Inside edge,coulda hit the stump,had no control over the shot,yet it's a four_scoreboard+4

OMG,what he's done!?he's killed himself!no credit goes to the bowler,yet it's a wicket

What a superb piece of bowling!i'm sure it's gonna be the ball of the century.beaten completely&bowled him.Really a treat to watch&it's a wicket

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Last edited by azim71; June 22, 2012 at 11:05 PM..
Old June 22, 2012, 10:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by azim71
Zia's figures in this series so far
0/16,23 v ZIM
1/28,18 v SA
1/18 v ZIM
1/7,27* v SA
Total runs; 68,Avg: 34
Wickets: 3(4 matches),Avg:23
I liked what he's done so far in the series in his 1st outing in national colors&i can only see the performances developing further.Believe,at the end it's the figures&stats which really matter,not how he's done it.
I would definitely give Ziaur more chances. Hes been doing ok and hes also playing in conditions which he is not familiar with.
Old June 23, 2012, 02:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

A blind sloger, nothing else. Right handed Razzaq.
Old June 23, 2012, 02:40 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Lets wait and see what pybus can turn him into
Old June 23, 2012, 02:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Dont forget. He got us home today.
He should've got it earlier.
Old June 23, 2012, 02:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
A blind sloger, nothing else. Right handed Razzaq.
Bang On!
Old June 23, 2012, 03:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
This guy needs a thread of himself. I see a bright future ahead of him and contributions all around. From the looks of it he is here to stay. I call him "The Bangla Hulk" cause he is built like a tank.
Other than your tank description there, he doesn't impress me much.
Ameder dole bhalo body structure wala playerer boro ovab, sob jeno ekakta hapani rugee. Pybus, ebar etare thik moto peta.
Old June 23, 2012, 03:56 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Good bowler but pathetic batsman.. Need to work a lot with his batting if he want to survive in Int level..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old June 23, 2012, 04:03 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

desperately needs to improve his batting. If you cant hit balls that are back-of a length or shot in the slog overs then you dont deserve to be labelled as a finisher. You need to be able to put ball on bat, yesterday, he missed too many balls to my liking. He got 2 lives yesterday and yet made things look difficult
Old June 23, 2012, 04:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

After watching Zia in these 3 matches and glimpses of some BPL matches ,

He doesnt impress me one bit . His bowling is nothing great. Yes , he bowls stump to stump . Keeps a tight length . Thats about it . Given Zia's lack of pace , In T20'S such deliveries should be easy pickings as class batsman just make a few adjustments and hit them with ease to any part of the boundary . He doesnt have any varitaions and is too one dimentional . Shane Jurgensen can work on that part though. Can he win us matches with his bowling ? NO

His batting is more like . See the ball , hit the ball . Dont see the ball . Still hit the ball . Straight from a tail enders guide to batting . So how is his batting different from Mashrafee , Razzaq or even Nazmul . Can he win us matches with his batting ? NO

That leaves us to his fielding . One of the slowest and laziest fielders to wear a Bangladesh shirt . Despite having strong arms , his throws take ages to reach Mushy and I would personally rate Danish Kaneria's throws to be more accurate.

I would be extremely happy to be proved wrong , but don't see him making it to our T20 WC squad .
Old June 23, 2012, 04:45 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

^^ @Patriot, but we need to fill the position of no.7/no.8 slogger in T20s otherwise we'll never set/chase large totals. (Mash's slogging is a bonus) I agree that Zia is not ideal - his shot selection leaves much to be desired - but who could be a better replacement? Nazmul Hossain Milon? What has he done lately to impress? In spite of all his faults, Zia is our fifth-highest run scorer in this tournament (after Ash, Riyad, Mushy and Nasir) and third highest wicket taker (after Mash and Sunny) There's only so much you can expect from someone who's playing in his first international tour.

I agree with the criticisms you have but we suffer from a lack of options atm. For the team's sake, let's hope they continue working on it in the months to come.
Old June 23, 2012, 04:48 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

^^

Apart from mominul I dont see any1 who cud replace him. Reza? He looks so ugly with the bad. When he played for CTG kings he was so pathetic with the bat