facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 6, 2008, 09:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TI/Dwayne Bravo/Afridi
Default Did you notice...

Some interesting facts that couldnt go unnoticed by myself as i watched the match on my uncles 50inch plasma (and will continue doing so for the rest of the series):
  • Tamim's superman t-shirt: you may have noticed that he had it on underneath his jersey...again. i would like to think he owns more than 1 of these. he does wear it awful lot of times. (we all know that here in bc, we dont back down when it comes to giving players nick names, so why not call tamim superman due to his obsession with his famous t-shirt, and also in reference to that marvelous superman catch aganst lankans)

• Racist players: the sledging was full on from the sa players.

• Rajib: cant exactly remeber who, but one particular saf players seem to be physically bullying rajib .at the end of the match, he wached rajib's helmet with one of the stumps before laying a few slaps (vigorously) on his belly. i know i know he's joking, well atleast that what it looked like from rajib's reaction but i wasnt buying it

• Mushy: seems to always be the one to visually express his frustrations...or maybe it's just for show

• The fans : the support for bd was absolutley tremendous yesterday at the stadium. one group of fans in particular stood out! the grroup who had bangladesh recited across their t-shirts. now does anyone know 's', if so do give me his contact number as i would like to ask him where he's been taking dancing lessons

• Ashraful: i didnt know cloning process had already started across the world! i refuse to believe that was our keptin bhai on the pitch last night...i mean damn!

• Our best batsman/lala the great/adurrajjakraj/razzak's english: heaven help us! i mean i thought they were taking lessons!
  • Sakibs's face when he got morkel's wicket!!

Mrs Mahmudullah Riyad

Last edited by Shobha; November 6, 2008 at 09:15 AM..

Old November 6, 2008, 09:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: MashTamimFiqur al Hasan

Roflmfao
Old November 6, 2008, 10:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: SAKIB AL HASAN

[*]Rajib: cant exactly remeber who, but one particular saf players seem to be physically bullying rajib .at the end of the match, he wached rajib's helmet with one of the stumps before laying a few slaps (vigorously) on his belly. i know i know he's joking, well atleast that what it looked like from rajib's reaction but i wasnt buying it

it was Dale steyn
Old November 6, 2008, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Good to know that Rajib's having fun with Steyn. Can he steal his mojo?

As for Iqbal, I do hope he doesn't own more than one of those Superman shirts. He might lose his mojo if he wears a different one, or even washes the one that he hopefully wears all the time.
Old November 6, 2008, 10:50 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Good on ya Shoba for watching the game on your uncle's big tv, im jealous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shobha
[*]Racist players: the sledging was full on from the sa players.
Sledging does not mean racism. Sledging is part of the game. Our players do it as well. May be you dont hear much cause their English is not up to the notch, yet. But what they lack in vocabulary, they make up with their constant nagging noise and body language.

Quote:
[*]Rajib: cant exactly remeber who, but one particular saf players seem to be physically bullying rajib .at the end of the match, he wached rajib's helmet with one of the stumps before laying a few slaps (vigorously) on his belly. i know i know he's joking, well atleast that what it looked like from rajib's reaction but i wasnt buying it
It was Dale Steyne.
He was not bullying him. It was one fast bowler to another, just some mucking around.
He softly nodded the stump onto Rajib's helmet and then patted his belly, as if, hey mate, i was just mucking around.

Rajib was offcourse caught off guard, but then smiled back at him when he realised Steyne was just kidding and was also smiling.

May be he remembers Rajib due to his superb performance during the first test in Mirpur. We dont know, may be they had a little chat with each other after the game and are "freinds", as they both are the fastest bowlers of their respective team.

To me, it seemed more like, "Hey mate, welcome to my land, how you doing ?"

Please try not to look everything in a negative perspective.

Quote:
[*]Our best batsman/lala the great/adurrajjakraj/razzak's english: heaven help us! i mean i thought they were taking lessons! [/LIST]
Being able to talk in english, while would be good, but not mandatory.
He is superb bowler on the field who does the job for this team, and that what matters the most.

Remember, this boys did not grow up in a english speaking country like you and for many Bangladeshi, their english is 'very good'.

Enjoy the rest of the series in that big tele.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 6, 2008, 12:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
That's not the true picture. Here's my comment from another thread:

Click here
Old November 7, 2008, 01:23 AM
Cricket Guru

LMAO!
well I didn't watch this macth so I don't exactly know what happened between Rajib and Dayle but yeah.. Rajib should have hit him back lol.

Tamim still wearing superman top? lol....I wonder how many he has..:P

Quote:
The fans : the support for bd was absolutley tremendous yesterday at the stadium.
well, that's Johanesburgh for you
Old November 7, 2008, 02:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Just letting the Thread opener know - LCD owns Plasma.

Thank you.