facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 16, 2005, 04:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Default prediction for ashes

what do u guys think the ashes result will be? my feeling is that this england is too much for australians. they found a new self belief and that they can pound the australians and the "new botham" flintoff is leading the way. unless the australians do something drastic, it will be england all the way. by drastic i mean bringing in mcgill. england is traditionally weak against spinners. every subcontinent team which won tests in england used spinners(except wasim-waqar in 90s). both warne and mcgill can turn it square and on 2nd innings they can be really effective. doesnt really matter whether they are similar... that seems to be the only way as the england batsmen have worked out their pacers.

Old August 16, 2005, 05:09 PM
ODI Cricketer

I have gone for a draw. England won't win both of the last two, but they won't loose bother either.
Old August 16, 2005, 05:46 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Draw (2-2)
Old August 16, 2005, 07:19 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I still believe Australia will win this ashes.
Old August 16, 2005, 09:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Ditto.

Australia will get into gear before teh fourth test, just you wait and see. They have 10 days to prepare, plenty of time!
Old August 17, 2005, 12:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

InshaAllah, May Aussies win!
I just want to see England trashed...

Edited on, August 17, 2005, 5:44 AM GMT, by dawah.tabligh.
Old August 17, 2005, 03:45 AM
Banned

I think it important that England wins. It would mean a lot for cricket in England plus i am so tired to see Aussies win everything...

Go England and freddi!
Old August 17, 2005, 09:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

England still hasn't shown the world they can take care of the Aussie tail. On the other side, KP has lost his touch for some reason. Matter of time for Aus to win it. Predictions mean nothing, we don't know the future. Playing the guessing game 2-1 Aus.
Old August 17, 2005, 03:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Cats_eye
England still hasn't shown the world they can take care of the Aussie tail. On the other side, KP has lost his touch for some reason. Matter of time for Aus to win it. Predictions mean nothing, we don't know the future. Playing the guessing game 2-1 Aus.
Lost his touch after one match? Everyone has a poor test match, he can't score runs everytime.

Pietersen has always got lots of ducks and low scores in first class cricket, but he makes lots of big scores imbetween.

In his entire first class career, he has made 21 hundreds and 28 fifties from 130 innings with a highest score of 254*. He has been not out 12 times and pretty much 90% of the rest of his innings have been low scores, mainly ducks.

People will have to get used to Pietersen failing quite a lot inbetween the big scores.

Edited on, August 17, 2005, 8:42 PM GMT, by Rob.
Old August 17, 2005, 04:22 PM
Cricket Legend

So far England team is stronger than the Aus. Aus is just surviving in this series so far, while England did show dominance against their opponents.
Old August 17, 2005, 07:05 PM
ODI Cricketer

I think too much is being made about England seeing off Australias tail.

England are generally good at getting rid of tailenders, but the Australian tailenders are of a much higher quality.

Jason Gillespie has the defensive technique of a good middle order player, Shane Warne has first class hundreds and can certainly bat, Brett Lee has made international fifties and is certainly no walking wicket. Even Glenn McGrath can show a straight bat these days.

England have tried everything at the Australian tail from yorkers to bouncers. I think England would be better served just bowling to the Australian tail as if they were batsmen instead of being frustrated trying to knock the polls out which you would expect to do against any othertail, Australia's tail isn't like any other.

I think England should spend some time working out plans for the Australian tail. I can't help but feel that they have not bothered doing so. If they expose Adam Gilchrist, they can expose Brett Lee.
Old August 17, 2005, 08:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

good comment Rob. I think England have not worked out a game plan for the Aussie tailenders.

Perhaps many other teams also fail to treat tailenders with respect? I wonder if the Aussies themselves have done so?
Old August 18, 2005, 09:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
Quote:
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Lost his touch after one match? Everyone has a poor test match, he can't score runs everytime.

Pietersen has always got lots of ducks and low scores in first class cricket, but he makes lots of big scores imbetween.

People will have to get used to Pietersen failing quite a lot inbetween the big scores.
[/i]
1st test it was Aus vs KP. 2nd test Others contributed. 3rd test KP wasn't KP. Wasn't he one of the better fielders in the team before the ashes begun? Drop catches must be having a toll on his batting. Ashes score: ** highest team score, * 2nd Highest team score.

57**,64**,71*,20,21,0.
Either Australia is implementing their strategy against KP better or KP has lost his touch, must figure out something before the 4th test.

By the way, Rob agree with your Aussie tailenders talent comments. They have scored over 100 runs in last 3 innings. So what would England do to counter it? If Gillespie is out may be thats what the doctor would order.