facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 1, 2008, 09:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Default 1971

Dear senior BC members,I really want to know how it was during the war in 1971,how it felt like,what you experinced,what you did to survive and etc.I looked at a lot of videos in you tube but I still want to know more about the war and know what you experinced.Please tell us.

Old November 1, 2008, 12:26 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Dear Sbsash,
Its great to know that you are curious to find out about our Independence War.
I was born 10 years after the war, so cant give you any practical experience.

But you can visit www.genocidebangladesh.org to find more about the war.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 1, 2008, 01:35 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Dear sbsash,
Thank you for your quest. I would strongly recommend you to start from this e-book - Link
You can download this pdf and just go through the সূচিপত্র and click on whatever topic you wanna read and check it out. Invest some of your spare time, it is worth reading every page.
Hope it will help.
Old November 1, 2008, 01:41 PM
Cricket Legend

thanks.
Old November 1, 2008, 03:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Guys,check out my website.
Old November 1, 2008, 03:42 PM
Cricket Legend

I'm not quite done with it but this is how much I have so far.
Old November 1, 2008, 06:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

There are tons of thread in BC about the liberation war. Personal accounts and documents. You can spend a week still can't finish. Some of the threads are not yet for you because of the grusome description, photos and videos. Do a search, you will be amazed.

Few ones you want to check out are created by

Miraz
Chinaman
Shaad bhai
bangla_amar
TigerFan
Sohel bhai
ZakirC
irteza
imtiaz82
Omio
and so many more. Literally week is not enough to disgest what we have in this Forget Forum.
Old November 1, 2008, 06:48 PM
Cricket Legend

no,I know what happened during the war but I want to know what you experinced.
Old November 1, 2008, 08:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Sbsash,
I think the best people to ask about the war is your parents. That's what I did.
well this is not what I experienced since you know I was not born during that time...But this is bits and pieces of what my family experienced.

My Dad told me how he was playing cricket with his mates and a bomb exploded in the middle of their match, and how he had to go hide underground with his family. he was about 9 years old during that time.

On the other hand, My mum told me how her house got burnt down and she had to runway with her family, and because my Nanu Bhaiya (RIP) was an Aumi legue MP he was arrested during that time.
So she pretty much had to Suffer in the war with only my Nanu and her little brothers and Elder sister.
Today when I go to my Nanu Bari, She has still kept the old furniture of when their house got burnt down, and if you look carefully you can see all the burnt marks. It's basically like a museum for me when i go there.

So yeah, I think the best people to ask is our parents. IF it wasn't for them I would not feel so strong about the war. I actually found out my Khalu was a freedom fighter. So you'll never know what you might find out about your family.
Oh and the next time you go to Bangladesh, make sure you visit the war museum in Dhaka
Old November 1, 2008, 08:37 PM
Cricket Legend

my mom was not there at that time but my dad was and he said that my dadur bari was on fire once and he and his brothers and sisters had to stay under water in a pond.Oh I just want to know what the others experinced.
Old November 1, 2008, 08:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsash
my mom was not there at that time but my dad was and he said that my dadur bari was on fire once and he and his brothers and sisters had to stay under water in a pond.Oh I just want to know what the others experinced.
Under water? gosh!
And after all this the war criminals have not been punished yet.
I was watching a programm on Channel i ( i think its called "mukti gudho protidin") and a lady came and was saying how her husband was killed in front of her and how one of her sons became Schitsophernic. These sorts of stories bring tears to my eyes, so many families suffered and yet not a single person was asked to answer for.

Btw Its good you opened this thread, I would like to know what other people experienced as well .
Old November 13, 2008, 02:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Personal accounts:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ight=dilu+road

History:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=25898

Bhasha andolon:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=25582
Old November 18, 2008, 02:28 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

best of luck to you dear sbash bhaiya on you quest to know about the most important event in the history of our mother bangladesh! keep going and seek and search and read all you can about the mooktijoddhas (our freedom fighters) and all the folks of BD that sacrificed and gave away everything for our most beautiful identity! good luck to you again and don't forget to share with us what you find! love and peace! -BK
Old November 19, 2008, 05:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Well, my mum didnt experience the war but my dad did, He told me that a few pakistani troops captured my grandma , my dad, my aunt and my uncle , at that time my dad was only 6 years old, but he still remembers what happened, The pakistani troops shot my uncly in his arm, at that time my uncle was only 6 months old and then let go of them when they got to know that they were muslims,They also burnt down my grandma's house and but my grandfather didnt know that as he was fighting the war, my dad said that after the war, he saw 100's of dead bodies in the rivers.........
Old November 19, 2008, 05:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
Well, my mum didnt experience the war but my dad did, He told me that a few pakistani troops captured my grandma , my dad, my aunt and my uncle , at that time my dad was only 6 years old, but he still remembers what happened, The pakistani troops shot my uncly in his arm, at that time my uncle was only 6 months old and then let go of them when they got to know that they were muslims,They also burnt down my grandma's house and but my grandfather didnt know that as he was fighting the war, my dad said that after the war, he saw 100's of dead bodies in the rivers.........
ooh,why did they shoot at a 6 month old baby and What did your grandparents do when their house was on fire?Where did they go?
Old November 19, 2008, 08:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsash
ooh,why did they shoot at a 6 month old baby and What did your grandparents do when their house was on fire?Where did they go?
They shot him because they thought they were hindus, my grand parents went to my great grandma's house for shelter but after the war they rebuilt the burnt house.
Old November 19, 2008, 10:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
They shot him because they thought they were hindus, my grand parents went to my great grandma's house for shelter but after the war they rebuilt the burnt house.
thats a cool history of your family background.