facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 28, 2004, 04:49 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Situation in Bangladesh

Hello Everyone. I am sure this topic has been discussed before but I just can't help but vent my frustration regarding the state of Bangladershi politics Read this latest BBC report : UN slams Bangladeshi Politicians

Why do our politicians behave like the way they do?! I have met a few of our 'leaders' and most of them are not the kind of people who you can have intelligent conversation with. They appear self-centered, arrogant and highly corrupt. Is there no one in Bangladesh left to do the poor country some good? What do you think should be done to help the situation? Or is the situation totally out of control and needs an extreme event to sort things out? I assume most of us in this forum are students studying outside Bangladesh. What can we do to help in future?
Old May 28, 2004, 04:32 PM
Club Cricketer

they have no right to do so

technically
Old May 28, 2004, 05:50 PM
First Class Cricketer

Everbody is busy stealing. What a pathetic existance.
Old May 29, 2004, 01:17 AM
Cricket Legend

What you can do to help is support organizations that work to improve institutions and infrastructure in Bangladesh so that this type of behavior does not go unaccounted forever. In several fields, people in Bangladesh are working hard to make things more transparent and accountable. Yet they do this in a climate of constat threat and fear from these very same politicians. One such organization in the human rights and legal rights area is Ain o Shalish Kendro. There are lots of good volunteer organizations which would welcome time and input from younger expat Bangladeshis. One I work closely with is Drishtipat at www.drishtipat.org