facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 19, 2007, 07:19 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Default BanglaCricket Chat with Razzak & Mushfiq

[CENTER]

Razzak & Mushfiq with Rabeed Imam on BanglaCricket Chat.

Following the complete chat transcript of BanglaCricket chat with Razzak & Mushfiq, on April 19, 2007.

Again, we would like to thank Abdur Razzak and Mushfiqur Rahim for joining BanglaCricket fans in live chat. Thanks goes out to Rabeed Imam for making this happen. Thanks to our very own Tehsin bhai for initiating the process.

We hope everyone enjoyed it.

Congratulations to Tigers for a great World Cup 2007.

BDMM is Rabeed Imam typing on behalf of Mushfiq and Razzak

[18:56] <Nasif> Hello everyone, welcome to BanglaCricket chat with BD WC players
[18:56] <Nasif> We would like to welcome Rabeed Imam (BDMM)
[18:57] <Nasif> He is here with Razzak, Mushfiq will join us soon.
[18:58] <BDMM> questions please
[18:58] <Nasif> <goru> asks Razzak: do you wish you had more experience on bouncy tracks? should BD have more bouncy pitches?
[18:59] <BDMM> yes...ofcorse
[18:59] <Nasif> <bdcricmad> message to razzak: is lalla your real nick name?
[18:59] <BDMM> no....mates call me by that name
[18:59] <Nasif> <TheWatcher> Question to Razzak- who do you see as the most promising SLA after you, from BD ?
[19:00] <Nasif> We will go to next question
[19:01] <BDMM> There are some others...Enamul Haque (jr.) is obviously one......and there are others also
[19:01] <Nasif> <Aritro> to razzak: how would you rate your own improvement during the past twelve months? do you think with your variations and changes of pace, you can make an impact in test cricket?
[19:02] <BDMM> I think so...there is more variation in my bowling now I feel...and the accuracy is there also
[19:02] <Nasif> <ialbd> To Razzak & Mushfiq: do you guys train or prepare for a game watching old match videos?
[19:03] <BDMM> yes...we do
[19:03] <Nasif> <samjad> To All Players: thanks to bangladesh team from me for their excellent performance. and tell them we understand the barbadose pitch where great players also struggle.. we are proud of them
[19:04] <BDMM> we apprecite it.....thank you for your understanding
[19:05] <Nasif> <Hatebreed> To Razzak: First of all, congratulations on your efforts. My question is, where or what do you think Bangladesh is lacking in terms of consistency at winning games? Is it experience, mentality, exposure to certain pitches? What do you think, and what should be done?
[19:07] <BDMM> I think we are more consistent than before...but we need to play more on quick and bouncy tracks and we need to improve on playing according to match situations and conditions
[19:07] <Nasif> <goru> for Mushfiq: we noticed that you were often standing way too in front of slips in Ireland game? Was this intentional or a mistake? Ball was falling short of slips so many times...
[19:08] <BDMM> This is a normal thing .....the keeper usually stands ahead of the first slip....and there was bounce in the wicket
[19:09] <Nasif> <Electrequiem> Who invented that celebratory dance you guys do after gettin a wicket?
[19:09] <BDMM> Ash....ha ha ha
[19:09] <BDMM> we call it the Zizou dance
[19:09] <Nasif> <TheWatcher> Question to Mushfiq - Do you think you can open batting for the ODI team ?
[19:10] <BDMM> If the team want I am prepared to bat anywhere
[19:10] <Nasif> <habfreak> To Mushfiq: Given the big age difference with some of the senior players, how is your relationship with them OFF THE FIELD?
[19:10] <BDMM> we are one big happy family
[19:11] <Nasif> <Aritro> to mushfiq: at various stages, we could hear you making your own field changes and your voice and encouragement is a constant fixture. would you describe yourself as a natural leader and someone whod like to be captain in future?
[19:12] <BDMM> It's too early to make a comment on this....at the moment I just want to play for Bangladesh and enjoy the cricket
[19:13] <Nasif> <ialbd> for Mushfiq, do you think our batsmen are learning from their mistakes? How's Dave Whatmore helping in the process?
[19:13] <Nasif> Just to let everyone know, we have with Razzak and Mushfiq, please send your questions to me
[19:14] <BDMM> Ofcourse....we are learning all the time..every game is an experience and Dav is helping
[19:15] <Nasif> <IanW> To both: 'Have you considered playing club cricket in Australia or New Zealand'
[19:16] <BDMM> We would obviously fancy playing cricket abroad....we don't get much time to fit in schedules but let's see what happens
[19:16] <Nasif> <Go_Bangladesh> Question to Razzak: Do you have or are you working on a doosra?
[19:16] <BDMM> Mushfique has begged his leave...we are with Razzak now
[19:17] <BDMM> I am working on it with our assistant coach Md. Salahuddin
[19:17] <Nasif> Thanks to Mushfiq for joining us.
[19:17] <Nasif> <omio> Hi Razzak, U have done really well this WC, And u r a very good bowler in one day match, u havent ball too much in test cricket, BD will play test amtch aganist India next month,What is ur plan for that test match?
[19:18] <BDMM> If I am selected I will try to continue the one-day performance in Tests also
[19:18] <Nasif> <Go_Bangladesh> Question to Razzak: You have some potential with the bat, do you plan to work on your batting and become a useful all rounder?
[19:19] <BDMM> the players have to attend a meeting...can we have the last three questions for Razzak?
[19:19] <BDMM> I want to improve my batting to the level where I can be considered an all-rounder
[19:20] <Nasif> <Bancan> The world cup was a long tour. You were away from your family and home. Did home sickness affect your game?
[19:20] <BDMM> Not at all....we are professionals and this is something we thrive on
[19:21] <Nasif> <habfreak> To Razzaq: Do you think BD going with three SLAs will be a good idea in the test matches against India? since they are known to play spin well.
[19:22] <BDMM> It is a team management thing....we don't know what kind of bowling attack will be there for India but in our conditions our left-arm spinners can bowl well against any team.
[19:22] <Nasif> <Aritro> to razzak: dav is someone who is noted as a good mentor figure for his players, but are there ever language issues and is he adept at bangla?
[19:23] <Nasif> We will ask 1 more question after this one
[19:23] <BDMM> We are used to interacting with foreign coaching staff so it is never a problem
[19:24] <Nasif> <omio> Did u browse our banglacricket.com before, or this is the 1st time?
[19:25] <BDMM> Honestly speaking...I have browsed banglacricket.com before and I think you fans are doing a wonderful job of encouraging us and staying with us through the good times and the bad....
[19:26] <Nasif> We would like thank Razzak and Mushfiq for joining us today. We would also like to thank Rabeed Imam for making this chat possible.
[19:26] <BDMM> Pleasure is ours. Thank you all very much
[19:26] <Nasif> BanglaCricket.com and fans hope this is the first of many such chat session.
[19:26] <Tehsin> THan kyou Guys
[19:26] <Nasif> Thank you again and Congratulations for Great WC 2007
[19:26] <Nasif> We are proud of you.
[19:27] <Nasif> The chat transcript will be made available on the forum.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.

Last edited by Nasif; December 11, 2007 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: Text fixed.

Old April 19, 2007, 07:29 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Thnx Man. Not much questions was asked about our batting.
Old April 19, 2007, 07:32 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Woow, I made the last question,,
Old April 19, 2007, 07:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Awesome... I had a question too.
Why does mushy call sakib as Moina? Does anyone have any idea?
Old April 19, 2007, 07:50 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Thanks for arranging this. Hopefully there will be more of it in future.
Old April 19, 2007, 07:50 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Napoleon Einstein

its true though rafique is 16 years older than rahim:P
Old April 19, 2007, 07:55 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Funny thing is our current banner has good pic of Razzak and Mushfiq, and they are the ones who joined us in chat
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old April 19, 2007, 07:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Cool. Didn't find anything new information though. Thanks for making it happen Nasif bhai and others.
Old April 19, 2007, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Awesome. I missed it, but it's good to have the transcript posted. Thanks, Nasif bhai.
Old April 19, 2007, 08:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Thanks to Razzak and Mushfiq for the chat session.

Is it possible to arrange another chat session with Rabeed Imam ? I want to ask him few questions about TigerCricket, BCB development programmes, and, may be, about Bangladesh team media policies.
Old April 19, 2007, 08:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

damm missed it. I ahd a question to ask Mushfiq.

even though its late i am asking anyway.

Since you worked under both whom do you think better coach and why?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old April 19, 2007, 08:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

totally forgot about that.
Old April 19, 2007, 08:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
damm missed it. I ahd a question to ask Mushfiq.

even though its late i am asking anyway.

Since you worked under both whom do you think better coach and why?
I don't think they will answer these kind of questions. They will try to avoid as much controversy as possible and rightly so.
Old April 19, 2007, 10:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Awesome! Good work you guys with the questions.You guys should consider becoming journalists :p...Ive seen seasoned professionals ask worse questions. Especially in Bangladesh
Old April 19, 2007, 10:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

I thought it's 11 pm EST. Poor me, it's 11 pm GMT

Anyway, thanks to Nasif bhai for carrying out the session, to Rabeed Imam for arranging it, to Tehsin bhai for potafying Rabeed Imam (ki khawaisilen boss?) and to the players of course, for finding the time to chat with us.

May I propose that a video chat be carried out in future?
Old April 19, 2007, 10:44 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

VDO CHAT ? HMMMM. If we can get someone from BC with high speed connection to host it from Dhaka, I don't mind giving it a shot.

Plus, it's about time someone potafies me.
Old April 19, 2007, 10:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Boss, I video chat with my parents EVERYDAY. It's good even with the crappy highspeed that my konjush dad subscribes to.

I know it's too much to ask for right after this chat...but you know, proposing something for the future

If I'm not wrong, cybercafes in Bangladesh do have computers equipped with webcam and mic.
Old April 19, 2007, 10:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Damn...no1 asked about how Razzak and the rest of the team feels about our Hablu captain...
Old April 19, 2007, 11:01 PM
Cricket Guru

That question would've received a generic answer like "oh, we feel he's great". No point in asking that.
Old April 19, 2007, 11:22 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saqibul hasan,tamim iqbal

mushfiq and razzaq seems to have enjoyed the chat. the smile in their face says it all. good to know some of the players visit banglacricket. also, video chat korte parle to kothai nai. tobe, right now, if we could continuously invite more players, that wopuld be awesome. thanks for arranging such event.
Old April 19, 2007, 11:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Yes this was the beginning, and hopefully we'll have more like this often and hopefully it will get more interactive like the video chat imran bhai suggested...
Old April 19, 2007, 11:56 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

There is a need for moderation whether it is text or vdo. When I say moderation, I mean control the flow of the conversation and allowing everyone, SPECIALLY the guests to participate fully.

IF we hadn't moderated the chat, almost everyone would have been talking and maybe the players would have picked up couple of questions here and there and answer those question at best. Which, in turn would have been lost in the hundreds of questions/comments (whether mature and well thought out or simply rubbish) made by everyone. It's pretty much impossible to have it without some sort of control. Anyone who has done their fair share of chatting knows what I mean.

As for VDO chat. Definitely an idea I will float. It'll be a little bit tougher but not impossible.

As for asking HARD questions, that could be seen as GHORE DEKE EN-E MEHMANDER OPOMAAN KORA. Put yourself in their shoes and try asking yourself those hard hitting question. It's cricket, it's not life or death. Plus, knowing BD culture, what do you think would happen to the players when the chat scripts go to the wrong hands ? We as mans can say anything and get away with. Our players have to work as a team and need to respect each other to be able to keep that relationship strong. When was the last time you got buddy buddy with someone who wanted to get you fired ?

There's also that gag order. Whatever they say not only gets scrutinized by the fans and the media, it could have serious consequences. Let's not turn this into a bollywood gossip show.
Old April 20, 2007, 01:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell2k7
Thnx Man. Not much questions was asked about our batting.
May be, they all got moderation

Thanks, Nasif, for this great work.
Old April 20, 2007, 01:31 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

First I wanna thank BC for such arrangement. This kinda attempt definitely helps building a bridge between us fans and our heros. I missed the chat session, so ei log diye dudher shadh ghole metano aar ki.

As I can see you guys are considering taking this "communication" thing to an upper level, I wanna add something here. I co-host a monthly (Bengali) podcast where we talk to artists, musicians in BD from USA. Yes, of course through phone. Those phone calls last about 30 to 45 mins and most of the time they're crystal clear. The interview sessions are pre-arranged, and of course are NOT fed live to public (reasons should be understood. If not, please read Tehsin bhaiya's post )

We open a new thread every month calling for questions and comments our site users have for the artist. and in the end, we (moderators, hosts) select the questions. We've been successfully hosting our podcast since October '06 and the average number of our listener is a thousand. :-)

Doing a video chat and record it is a big hackle. But you guys can definitely consider hosting a podcast. That way people can drop questions beforehand, can listen to it whenever, can download it and is so much easier to arrange - just call the guest up and record the convo. Just a suggestion. :-)

Last edited by amethyst; April 20, 2007 at 01:54 AM..
Old April 20, 2007, 02:11 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by amethyst
First I wanna thank BC for such arrangement. This kinda attempt definitely helps building a bridge between us fans and our heros. I missed the chat session, so ei log diye dudher shadh ghole metano aar ki.

As I can see you guys are considering taking this "communication" thing to an upper level, I wanna add something here. I co-host a monthly (Bengali) podcast where we talk to artists, musicians in BD from USA. Yes, of course through phone. Those phone calls last about 30 to 45 mins and most of the time they're crystal clear. The interview sessions are pre-arranged, and of course are NOT fed live to public (reasons should be understood. If not, please read Tehsin bhaiya's post )

We open a new thread every month calling for questions and comments our site users have for the artist. and in the end, we (moderators, hosts) select the questions. We've been successfully hosting our podcast since October '06 and the average number of our listener is a thousand. :-)

Doing a video chat and record it is a big hackle. But you guys can definitely consider hosting a podcast. That way people can drop questions beforehand, can listen to it whenever, can download it and is so much easier to arrange - just call the guest up and record the convo. Just a suggestion. :-)
Seems like very good idea.