facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 22, 2013, 09:23 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafayeen
As nice as it is to have some banter, anybody else get the feel that WindieFan is a 15 yr old passionate about the Windies Team? I wouldnt put too much into what he is saying. When I was 15, I would have found it hard to cope with the fact that both the senior and junior Windies team got outplayed and lost. Good on you for the passion though,WindieFan!
if this is true sorry for bunting with you kid

Old October 22, 2013, 10:12 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafayeen
As nice as it is to have some banter, anybody else get the feel that WindieFan is a 15 yr old passionate about the Windies Team? I wouldnt put too much into what he is saying. When I was 15, I would have found it hard to cope with the fact that both the senior and junior Windies team got outplayed and lost. Good on you for the passion though,WindieFan!
LOL do we really want to be comparing results between the two test nations now? Did you miss the last two test series between the two sides ON YOUR OWN TURF or something?

Also after that ODI series where we took the Tiger's lightly there was a T20 match from what i remember!!..i wonder who won that?

We'll see who has the upper hand when BD tour the Caribbean next year!!..
Old October 22, 2013, 10:30 PM
First Class Cricketer

And also just to answer those who are calling for me to be banned!!..i don't believe i have insulted anyone and i've just expressed my honest opinion about this u19 series!!..The tigers won!!..well done, but that doesn't mean i can't explain the failures from our side of the track!!..you might call them "excuses" but they are still FACTS at the end of the day.

Also if you read through my history i've not just come here to talk about WI!!..i've commented on the last few test series BD have had against Sri-lank and NZ actually!!..and in the main i think my Tiger friends appreciate a different voice around the place .
Old October 22, 2013, 10:46 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

lets take a poll, who here appreciate wifan's view?
Old October 22, 2013, 10:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

They aren't facts they are your opinion and I disagree that you haven't insulted anyone.
Old October 22, 2013, 11:20 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
They aren't facts they are your opinion and I disagree that you haven't insulted anyone.
from day one he has been insulting BD saying these are facts, and all he got was a Pampered warning to shimmer down

Last edited by Night_wolf; October 23, 2013 at 12:06 AM..
Old October 22, 2013, 11:31 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Rotating the best players like solozano, Jordan etc? FACT

Playing the series in Guyana which suited the BD team more than ours? FACT

Leaving out batsmen with better records then some of the clowns that played in this series? FACT

I could go on!!...
Old October 23, 2013, 01:16 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
lets take a poll, who here appreciate wifan's view?
I appreciate it. All dull conversation and no fun makes this place boring. I had few laughs obviously. Comedy central type.
Old October 23, 2013, 02:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
Rotating the best players like solozano, Jordan etc? FACT

Playing the series in Guyana which suited the BD team more than ours? FACT

Leaving out batsmen with better records then some of the clowns that played in this series? FACT

I could go on!!...
if you consider what you are considering facts then you have to consider the same when applying it to the BD team.

that means "FACT" BD didn't play their strongest team as they didn't select their strongest squad, therefore anything you say towards discounting the effort and outcome of the series toward Bangladesh becomes irrelevant.

anyway you say that the best players were left out and that is "FACT" well how can it be fact when you yourself keep changing your mind on how good a player is? one minute they're the best the next they are just average or horrible, how can you get fact out of that?
Old October 23, 2013, 03:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
if you consider what you are considering facts then you have to consider the same when applying it to the BD team.

that means "FACT" BD didn't play their strongest team as they didn't select their strongest squad, therefore anything you say towards discounting the effort and outcome of the series toward Bangladesh becomes irrelevant.

anyway you say that the best players were left out and that is "FACT" well how can it be fact when you yourself keep changing your mind on how good a player is? one minute they're the best the next they are just average or horrible, how can you get fact out of that?
No i said there was a "base" of a good side there!!..obviously when you have Chanderpaul, Solozano, Hetmyer, Jordan, Joseph etc then you have some gems!!..but the the crap players proved to be very costly in this series which is why i would drop around eight of the 18 names that were picked in this squad.
Old October 23, 2013, 03:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
No i said there was a "base" of a good side there!!..obviously when you have Chanderpaul, Solozano, Hetmyer, Jordan, Joseph etc then you have some gems!!..but the the crap players proved to be very costly in this series which is why i would drop around eight of the 18 names that were picked in this squad.
pretty sure at one stage you were praising lugg but you also said he wasn't any good either. it's a convenient side step to comeback and say i said there was a "base" of a good side. it's pretty obvious what you meant at certain times and when a player was going well you thought he was the best but if he was doing poorly then he shouldn't have been in the XI and wasn't any good. pretty sure you also said something about chanderpaul saying he batted to slow and shouldn't be there but when he played well you said he was one of the best batsmen in the squad or team.
Old October 23, 2013, 03:11 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
pretty sure at one stage you were praising lugg but you also said he wasn't any good either. it's a convenient side step to comeback and say i said there was a "base" of a good side. it's pretty obvious what you meant at certain times and when a player was going well you thought he was the best but if he was doing poorly then he shouldn't have been in the XI and wasn't any good. pretty sure you also said something about chanderpaul saying he batted to slow and shouldn't be there but when he played well you said he was one of the best batsmen in the squad or team.
stop giving reply to his posts, look at the test match thread, he tried to bark there but couldn't do so.
Old October 23, 2013, 03:15 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Nope i NEVER rated Lugg and called it after the third game!!..he was pretty much a walking wicket which was putting pressure on the other batters. Chanderpaul i always said we needed him there to anchor the innings!!..his role should be what Kraigg Brathwaite done at the last u19 world cup!!..stay there and occupy the crease!!..other WI fans don't like that Tagenarine bats so slow though and that's what i was talking about.

Look in the end BD won!!..but like i said already it won't make a jot of difference when it comes to the senior level!!..apparently a WI u19 squad around seven years ago featuring Darren Bravo, Kieran Powell, Pollard, Narine etc toured BD and LOST then too!!..and look how they've turned out?

In essence these results really don't mean anything.
Old October 23, 2013, 03:16 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

sorry windiefan i cant see your reply, you are on my ignore list
Old October 23, 2013, 03:18 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
stop giving reply to his posts, look at the test match thread, he tried to bark there but couldn't do so.
"Tried to bark"? so now you're implying that i'm a "dog"? grow up please and stop being bitter because your team is struggling!!..i have people here i debate with!!..if you don't wish to answer my posts then DON'T!!..i won't cry over it honestly!!. .
Old October 23, 2013, 03:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Nope i NEVER rated Lugg and called it after the third game!!..he was pretty much a walking wicket which was putting pressure on the other batters. Chanderpaul i always said we needed him there to anchor the innings!!..his role should be what Kraigg Brathwaite done at the last u19 world cup!!..stay there and occupy the crease!!..other WI fans don't like that Tagenarine bats so slow though and that's what i was talking about.

Look in the end BD won!!..but like i said already it won't make a jot of difference when it comes to the senior level!!..apparently a WI u19 squad around seven years ago featuring Darren Bravo, Kieran Powell, Pollard, Narine etc toured BD and LOST then too!!..and look how they've turned out?

Lugg got a good 50!!..

Shiv's son Tage took up far too many balls for not many runs and all it done was create pressure on his teammates!!..he's great in four day cricket but he'll need to be able to up the tempo in this format to justify his place at the world cup.

just a couple of examples, i really can't be bothered wasting time going through anymore post. but clearly you're saying there is something in lugg otherwise you would not have said it was a good 50 with exclamation marks after it. and you're obviously implying that tage's place is questionable at current. yet later on you say something to the effect that lugg isn't very good and that tage is your best bat or something like that.
Old October 23, 2013, 03:32 AM
First Class Cricketer

LOL come on Gowza!!!..that's DESPERATE!! ..saying Lugg got a "good 50" is not saying he is a "GOOD PLAYER" is it? also Tage only got 25 in 30 overs when i made that comment!!..and a lot of people on the WI forums were moaning about him!!..but still i never said he wasn't good enough!!..so please lets be mature about this and not put words in eachothers mouths!! .
Old October 23, 2013, 03:36 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:

Pollard, Narine are completely overhypes. Pollard has had one good score against us, and Narine got taken to the cleaners in Tests and was decent in ODIs. Powell to has been decent at best. Only Darren Bravo can be called a true talent.

At senior level, even with a spin based attack we'll run teams like WI, NZ, SL, current PAK team close at home. And thats not bad because how many away Tests has WI and NZ competed in let alone won in the last 10 years despite having decent to good seam attacks?

Just watch, even with a reasonably solid seam attack of Roach, Best, Rampaul, and Sammy you guys will get slaughtered in India. Very few cricket teams are worth anything in overseas matches. Examples are Pakistan losing in ZIM and SA losing in Abu Dhabi.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 23, 2013, 03:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
LOL come on Gowza!!!..that's DESPERATE!! ..saying Lugg got a "good 50" is not saying he is a "GOOD PLAYER" is it? also Tage only got 25 in 30 overs when i made that comment!!..and a lot of people on the WI forums were moaning about him!!..but still i never said he wasn't good enough!!..so please lets be mature about this and not put words in eachothers mouths!! .
i'd say saying that tage is good in 4-day cricket but needs to do something to justify is spot in the next world cup is saying you're not sure he's good enough. otherwise why would you say it?

and yes say lugg scored a good 50!! is implying you think he is a good player. it's not like you said lugg did a good job this game, got a decent 50, wasn't expecting that. "he got a good 50!!" exclamation marks imply excitement and things of that nature.

it's hilarious that you are telling someone else to be mature.
Old October 23, 2013, 03:38 AM
Cricket Guru

and WF you do realise most are replying just to wind you up because they find your comments quite comical, don't you?
Old October 23, 2013, 03:58 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Pollard, Narine are completely overhypes. Pollard has had one good score against us, and Narine got taken to the cleaners in Tests and was decent in ODIs. Powell to has been decent at best. Only Darren Bravo can be called a true talent.
And how did Gazi do in Sri-lanka? spinners performing away from home these days is quite rare!!..only the experienced guys like Swann, Monty, Ajmal and Rehman have prospered in recent years!!..even Ashwin was carted around in Australia. As for Powell..well he scored a two tons in one test against BD..and also got a big one vs NZ at home!!..so he clearly knows how to score runs at test level.

Quote:
At senior level, even with a spin based attack we'll run teams like WI, NZ, SL, current PAK team close at home. And thats not bad because how many away Tests has WI and NZ competed in let alone won in the last 10 years despite having decent to good seam attacks?
We've not been whitewashed in a test series since 2009!!..and even that was a two test series in cold England after we'd just beaten them in the caribbean. So clearly we do "compete" away otherwise we would have been whitewashed in India, England and Sri-lanka in that period.

Quote:
Just watch, even with a reasonably solid seam attack of Roach, Best, Rampaul, and Sammy you guys will get slaughtered in India. Very few cricket teams are worth anything in overseas matches. Examples are Pakistan losing in ZIM and SA losing in Abu Dhabi.
The last time we toured India in 2011 we had TWO 100 first innings leads in two of the three tests!!..and that was with a fading Bishoo and Fidel Edwards while our top order had an 18 year old Brathwaite, 21 year old Barath, an inexperience Kirk Edwards and a young Kieran Powell aswell!!..all that against Laxman, Tendy, Gambir, Sehwag, Dravid, Kohli etc!!..we're a better side now so we'll see what happens!!
Old October 23, 2013, 04:00 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
i'd say saying that tage is good in 4-day cricket but needs to do something to justify is spot in the next world cup is saying you're not sure he's good enough. otherwise why would you say it?

and yes say lugg scored a good 50!! is implying you think he is a good player. it's not like you said lugg did a good job this game, got a decent 50, wasn't expecting that. "he got a good 50!!" exclamation marks imply excitement and things of that nature.

it's hilarious that you are telling someone else to be mature.
Gowza!!..you're seeing things my friend!!..at NO POINT do i make comment about their ABILITY in those statements!!..so please get a grip and stop being so DESPERATE!! .

Saying Tage needs to up his strike rate isn't saying "he isn't good enough"!!..it's common sense man!! .
Old October 23, 2013, 04:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Gowza!!..you're seeing things my friend!!..at NO POINT do i make comment about their ABILITY in those statements!!..so please get a grip and stop being so DESPERATE!! .

Saying Tage needs to up his strike rate isn't saying "he isn't good enough"!!..it's common sense man!! .
convenient, and expected.
Old October 23, 2013, 04:05 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
and WF you do realise most are replying just to wind you up because they find your comments quite comical, don't you?
Well i forgive them!!..they are still my tiger friends!!