facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 8, 2008, 01:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisaan
the FORMAT HAS BEEN CHANGED in order to generate more revenue!
if we can trust bdnews24 then the aforementioned statement is correct!
But thats the only reasonable explanation I could find...what, so do we have to play an extra round before playing our group games? Dont u remember we played two practice matches with Scotland and Kenya b4 the tournament..now we are playing the Aussies and the Lankans as practice then the official tournament starts where we play India and Zim in Group A and as we are seeded eight we are expected to qualify ahead of Zim so like before the Super 8 groups are already decided..even if we beat both India and Zim, Bangladesh will be in the same group for Super 8s...unless we lose both games then Zimbabwe will replace Bangladesh in the Super 8s...I hope I could make u understand.

Old March 8, 2008, 01:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
প্রথম আসরে এক ম্যাচ জিতেই সুপার এইটের টিকেট পেয়ে গিয়েছিল বাংলাদেশ। ইংল্যান্ডে অনুষ্ঠেয় টোয়েন্টি টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপের পরবর্তী আসরেও তেমন সুযোগই থাকছে। কারণ বর্তমান চ্যাম্পিয়ন ভারতের সঙ্গে 'এ' গ্র"পের তৃতীয় দল জিম্বাবুয়ে। আগামী বছরের ৬ জুন বাংলাদেশের প্রথম গ্র"প ম্যাচ ভারতের সঙ্গে।
Misleading lines from bdnews24, making the super eight this time should be easier than last time - all we have to do is to beat Zimbabwe (last time we had to beat West Indies).
Old March 8, 2008, 01:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag

bdnews24 has removed the news!!!!!!

o Allah! they have removed the news! UNBELIEVABLE!
most probably they thought it was April 01.....
Old March 8, 2008, 01:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Misleading lines from bdnews24, making the super eight this time should be easier than last time - all we have to do is to beat Zimbabwe (last time we had to beat West Indies).
that means we got the easiest grp ever possible
we should be the fav going though
Old March 8, 2008, 02:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:

Yeah thats true.

Thats why they now wrote "SHONGSHODONIO"
Old March 8, 2008, 02:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Didnt Zimbabwe beat Australia in the World T20? And arent they getting better..they beat West Indies, South Africa and gave Pakistan a fight? I'm worried now!
Old March 8, 2008, 02:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

now do u believe us jisaan bhai
Old March 8, 2008, 02:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
Didnt Zimbabwe beat Australia in the World T20? And arent they getting better..they beat West Indies, South Africa and gave Pakistan a fight? I'm worried now!
Nope.
They only beat Australia but couldn't get into super 8.
Old March 8, 2008, 02:21 PM
Cricket Legend

I think its great we are playing Sri Lanka and Australia as warm-up...that will be good practice, but I hope the Bangladesh matches are in either Lords or Oval..I dont wanna travel to Birmingham to watch them play
Old March 8, 2008, 02:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
I think its great we are playing Sri Lanka and Australia as warm-up...that will be good practice, but I hope the Bangladesh matches are in either Lords or Oval..I dont wanna travel to Birmingham to watch them play
Its depends on where the majority Indian people live.
Old March 8, 2008, 02:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
Nope.
They only beat Australia but couldn't get into super 8.
Yeah, I know but they beat WI and SA in ODIs
Old March 8, 2008, 02:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
When was that?

Last time I saw that they gave hard time to the South AFricans but couldn't win any match in the series. And I didn't see them winning any games agaisnt WI.

Janina apni kon series er ktoha boltesen.
Old March 8, 2008, 02:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
When was that?

Last time I saw that they gave hard time to the South AFricans but couldn't win any match in the series. And I didn't see them winning any games agaisnt WI.

Janina apni kon series er ktoha boltesen.
Before WI went to SA..they went to Zimbabwe to play 3 ODIs and there was a media blackout so no one could see the matches live...I think that explains why u dont know about it
Old March 8, 2008, 02:37 PM
Cricket Guru

I remember Zim had beaten WI in a home match few months back, but when did they beat SA ?

Luck matters a lot in twenty20, so yeah, we may not win even against Zim, but our chance of winning a match against them should be always higher than chance of winning a match against any other full member team.
Old March 8, 2008, 02:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
I remember Zim had beaten WI in a home match few months back, but when did they beat SA ?

Luck matters a lot in twenty20, so yeah, we may not win even against Zim, but our chance of winning a match against them should be always higher than chance of winning a match against any other full member team.
I think Zim beating SA was a long time ago so that doesnt count...and yeah I agree with u, that loss to Ireland is making me think this way
Old March 8, 2008, 11:23 PM
Street Cricketer

zimbabwe didnt beat sa. they made almost 300 in 1 of the matches(295 to be exact)
Old March 9, 2008, 10:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Zim didn't beat SA in recent times. SA is supporting the Zim to improve. Zim is taking part in one of SA domestic tournament (Pobably named 'Super Cup') running currently. They haven't won any match against the local teams yet, in that tournament.
Old March 9, 2008, 10:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
But thats the only reasonable explanation I could find...what, so do we have to play an extra round before playing our group games? Dont u remember we played two practice matches with Scotland and Kenya b4 the tournament..now we are playing the Aussies and the Lankans as practice then the official tournament starts where we play India and Zim in Group A and as we are seeded eight we are expected to qualify ahead of Zim so like before the Super 8 groups are already decided..even if we beat both India and Zim, Bangladesh will be in the same group for Super 8s...unless we lose both games then Zimbabwe will replace Bangladesh in the Super 8s...I hope I could make u understand.
Thanks man. I was so confused with the initial posts. That makes real sense. ICC anticipates probable teams in super 8 according to ranking and makes fixure, u are first or second in group doesn't matter. Do you remember in last world cup? Where ever BD was playing in super 8, every where it was India written and all tickets were bought by indians.

Thanks bdchamp20
Old March 9, 2008, 10:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Its depends on where the majority Indian people live.
Yeah...I know, there is a healthy population of Indians everywhere in the UK..thats why I am worried if they decide to put Group A in somewhere like Birmingham or Southampton...it will be hard and expensive for me and my friends along with thousands of other cricket loving Bangladeshis to watch the BD-India match...which I am desperate to watch along with BD-Pak match. Coz if its not in London then the stadium will be dominated by Indian supporters but that wont happen if its in London.
Old March 9, 2008, 10:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Thanks man. I was so confused with the initial posts. That makes real sense. ICC anticipates probable teams in super 8 according to ranking and makes fixure, u are first or second in group doesn't matter. Do you remember in last world cup? Where ever BD was playing in super 8, every where it was India written and all tickets were bought by indians.

Thanks bdchamp20
Yup...thats exactly why they prepared the groups beforehand so the fans know exactly who and where their teams are playing and so that they can buy the tickets confidently..Its a good move by ICC
Old March 9, 2008, 10:40 AM
Cricket Legend

I think there is more chance of BD playing in London coz three of the four groups will play in Oval and Lords while one group will play in either Trent Bridge or The Rose Bowl. I dont really mind where we play as long as its in London, both Oval and Lord's are the same distance from my house.