facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 26, 2007, 01:07 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer
If I remember right, Srilanka has been the worst hit of Aussie racism over the years. But then Sangakara had no reason to drag India into it.

Srilanka's state of cricket is reflected in the last few matches against England. Though those were ODIs, they show the downfall quite clearly. Not that they are not capable of bouncing back, but to claim to beat Australia in Australia is a little too unrealistic.
We will rise man... We have always been the underdog but came through every single time. I can't wait till India face our pace men.

Old October 26, 2007, 01:09 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin
It is possible that he thinks that the hooligans probably don't see much difference between Sri Lanka and India, and may take out the "revenge" of the Andrew Symonds affair against the first team that comes their way.
Sangakarra dragged India to say that Although Indian crowd had problems with the Aussies Sri Lankans are different. I don't see anything wrong saying that.

btw Symonds and Murali are cool. Symonds has his own little nick name for Murali I think lol I forget what it is now.
Old October 26, 2007, 01:13 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat
WEAKER SIDE ...MAN.SL HAS WON ONLY 1 TEST EVER AGAINST THE AUSSIES ..AND ONLY 3 AGAINST THE INDIANS EVER ....SO WHO IS THE WEAKER SIDE AND WHO DESERVES 4 TESTS ...MAN.I GUESS SOME PEOPLE IN HERE CRICEKT HISTORY KNOWLEDGE STARTS ONLY WITH THE 2007 WC...GOOD LUCK
Quote:
Well Buddhika to refresh your memory let me get some stats as how SL has done against the Aussies ...and compare it with India

SL against Aus
18 Played 1 won 6 Draw 11 Lost
Sorry I could not get where and how you guys won the solitary game

India (since '80 around when SL got its Test status ..overall is not too different) against Aus
32 Played 8 won 11 drawn 13 Lost

SL and India Head -to Head
26 played 10 won 13drawn 3 Lost

Ok Buddika I spent around 10 mins to dig this up... so that you can look this up evrytime you post about India.

You can thank me later
Why don't ya tell me when you started playing cricket and when we started playing cricket. Also how many tests we get Australia and how many you get. Also how many we get IN AUSTRALIA and how many we get in Sri Lanka. Then you can compare and contrast.

Sri Lanka is the only team to be at this level coming from the associate status. You were never an associate were you? Well Sri Lanka was before 1982.
Old October 26, 2007, 01:57 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: SACHIN TENDULKAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhika_s
May be it's just we don't like the monkey talk like you guys do. Ever since sreesanth was hit by Dhoni he's been acting like a monkey.

The other day, in 20/20 world cup against Australia, Sreesanth goes, "we are india, we no bad fielders"

is that what you call English? LOL!

You talk about who can speak English or not, doesn't really matter as long as they can play cricket but to tell you the truth I would also like you to search the literacy rate of both India and Sri Lanka and then speak. Indians need to learn their own language before they speak English.
India seems to be target of Srilankans and not Australia which made fun of one of their biggest cricketing heroes Murali. Do not judge Indians on some stray incident as Australians making too much noise considering their own history.Best of luck to Srilanka as they are expected to give Australians some tough fight.It wil be a great
series.
Old October 26, 2007, 03:13 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Why don't ya tell me when you started playing cricket and when we started playing cricket. Also how many tests we get Australia and how many you get. Also how many we get IN AUSTRALIA and how many we get in Sri Lanka. Then you can compare and contrast.

Sri Lanka is the only team to be at this level coming from the associate status. You were never an associate were you? Well Sri Lanka was before 1982.
Continuing the banter ....I know this is a little bit silly to tail Buddika , but I am getttng a bit annoyed with this constant banter without having any figures to back it up.

well it does not matter whether you were an Associate Status in '82 ..infact it speaks bad that it took you so long to be come a full member after your country's Independence . Well about the number of Tests ..you calculate the % man ..it takes out the number of matches from the equation.

Aus-SL --SL has a win % of 5.5
Inidia-Aus--India has a win % of 25
India -aus -SL has win % of 11.5 while India has 38.4%...
Old October 26, 2007, 03:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Sanga is right. Srilanka has problem with the Aussie crowds but not with any of the aussie players unlike Indian players, who have problem with the Australian players. And also Indian players started the clash. So SL is not India.

Sreesanth is the big culprit to start all this for India. He thinks hes top of the world. I don't think Aussie crowds ever abused any Indian players before but this time it will be expected when they tour Australia.

Sanga does know what he's talking. Most of the Srilankan players are intelligent. They know what they are doing.
Old October 26, 2007, 03:50 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

ODIs:
Last year: Advantage India. Yes playing at home, however, the wins were too convincing.

This year: head to head SL was far superior than India. (WC match)
Both England and BD played SL and India.
Bd fought tooth and nails with India, SL just thrashed BD.
Eng beat both teams. Close finish in both series.

Advantage SL.

Tests:
July 2008. Yup!! We will see who is the boss then.

But for now I would tip SL who would throw a more challenge 5 days match to Australia. India at this point can't compete with Australia in test or ODIs at Australia.
Old October 26, 2007, 04:29 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
ODIs:

Tests:
July 2008. Yup!! We will see who is the boss then.

But for now I would tip SL who would throw a more challenge 5 days match to Australia. India at this point can't compete with Australia in test or ODIs at Australia.
Well I am not sure why I am pursuing this so much ..I guess lots of time on hand today.

Funny you guys back a team over India which has not one anything substantial in Tests ever ..maybe a win here and there but none worthy of note.

I guess its more that you would like to see India down by pushing SL up ....but anyways...

ODI on the other hand was always fickle ..one team today the other team tommorw....remember SL was beaten 6-1 just before the WC.

But anyway I am in.... lets follow this series ...

The last time I was in so much was in the 20-20 WC ...SL which was touted as the most complete team.It did not even make it to the Semis ...but again I can hear you guys say ...20-20 is not cricket etc ..etc ...

Anyway I am in ..lets follow this closely.
Old October 26, 2007, 04:38 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Continuing the banter ....I know this is a little bit silly to tail Buddika , but I am getttng a bit annoyed with this constant banter without having any figures to back it up......

. Well about the number of Tests ..you calculate the % man ..it takes out the number of matches from the equation.

yes it does count on the % but you are missing the point that the more you play the more chances you have! You said you want numbers right? you get it

1.) India has played a total of 408 tests, compared to Sri Lanka which has played 170 tests.
2.) India's first test was in 1932 while Sri Lanka's 1982.
3.) India has won 22% of its tests while Sri Lanka has won 29%

So lets go to the predictablitly game,

So lets take Australia out of the discussion for a moment and look at stats against every opposition. Sri Lanka has won 50 out of their 170 tests that they have played so far. According to the predictability test, when they play 408 tests(Number of test matches India has played so far) they would win 120 of them. So India has played 408 tests so far and they have won 91 of those.

So you can see it on your theory of "% is all it matters nothing else" we would win more tests than you when we complete 408 tests.

Dude, % is not the whole story. There are other factors like Home vs Away, the fact of the matter is the more you play the more you get used it and the more experience you get.

Number of players capped is also a good figure to prove that experience does count, India has capped 255 players while Sri Lanka has capped 105 players.

Quote:
well it does not matter whether you were an Associate Status in '82 ..infact it speaks bad that it took you so long to be come a full member after your country's Independence
No it doesn't look bad the time it took us to be a full time member, because 1.) we don't have 1 billion population. 2.) Sri Lanka is not as cricket crazy as India or Pakistan.

You can see how the fans go crazy in India or Pakistan when they win or loose. You saw the crowd when India won 20/20. Also when they lost in the world cup. Have you ever seen any of that in Sri Lanka? No, simply because people in Sri lanka don't have that much interest in cricket.

When you play an international cricket match in India you can see packed houses. No matter what type of game it is. Did you see the crowd in the last England Series? or Bangladesh Series? None of the matches were sold out. That's because Sri Lankans are not cricket crazy as Indians or Pakistanis are. I'm not saying being cricket crazy is a bad thing but it's just not the way it is down under.
Old October 26, 2007, 04:43 PM
First Class Cricketer

Yeah Sri lankan players don't have a problem with Australian players. As far as I remember we never had problems with Aussie players on the field or off the field. Well except for Ranatunge vs Warne off the field/media.

And Darren Lehman I think who called Jayasuirya a "black monkey" in 1995 Benson and Hedges series.

Sri Lankans get along with Aussie players fine. It's just the fans. Now that they heard the troubles with Indian fans they are gonna come hard at Sri Lankans as well. Nothing new I would say.
Old October 26, 2007, 04:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
....remember SL was beaten 6-1 just before the WC.
is there any deliberate reason you deleted some of my post and wrote the above lines? I am talking about the last year's short analysis I had.

Great and good luck to India in winning at Australia!! Doesn't matter which team we support. We will have a fun winter.
Old October 26, 2007, 04:45 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Well I am not sure why I am pursuing this so much ..I guess lots of time on hand today.

Funny you guys back a team over India which has not one anything substantial in Tests ever ..maybe a win here and there but none worthy of note.

I guess its more that you would like to see India down by pushing SL up ....but anyways...

ODI on the other hand was always fickle ..one team today the other team tommorw....remember SL was beaten 6-1 just before the WC.

But anyway I am in.... lets follow this series ...

The last time I was in so much was in the 20-20 WC ...SL which was touted as the most complete team.It did not even make it to the Semis ...but again I can hear you guys say ...20-20 is not cricket etc ..etc ...

Anyway I am in ..lets follow this closely.
It was in 2005 man, don't drag the ancient history, because there was a time from 1996 to early 2000's where India lost to Sri Lanka pretty consistently. Remember your massive total of 54 in Sarjah in 2000?
Old October 26, 2007, 06:29 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sourav Ganguly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak
Should be a great series though - SL's bowling attack has to be best around and if their batting fires should be fascinating. Just wonder it's only two tests and the India series is four. Probably cos of money, revenue, etc but still could have distributed 3 tests each instead of giving 4 to one and especially to the weaker side but oh wel what the heck.
next time before posting, make yourself educated by reviewing some stats.
Old October 26, 2007, 06:38 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sourav Ganguly

Quote:
It was in 2005 man, don't drag the ancient history, because there was a time from 1996 to early 2000's where India lost to Sri Lanka pretty consistently. Remember your massive total of 54 in Sarjah in 2000?

remember 1998, sharjah 98 all out vs India

remember 2003, Johannesburg....109 all out vs India

remember 2005, Mohali, 122 all out vs India
Old October 26, 2007, 07:46 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I love this place!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh god this is getting good. we need more lankans and indians in this site. Its good to see team support from all of you. Remember, never give up dudes. Rock On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old October 26, 2007, 10:22 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganguly da
remember 1998, sharjah 98 all out vs India

remember 2003, Johannesburg....109 all out vs India

remember 2005, Mohali, 122 all out vs India
Lets just put all aside and talk about the most recent.... after a MUCH NEEDED MEDIA BOOST Indian team arrived in T&T to take the real world cup home with them. Beaten by Bangladesh Dravid comes out and say "there are things we can control and there are things that we can't, but we will make sure we control the thing that we can control" (meaning win against SL) And the Indian fan goes, "oh no **** we beat the 6-1 last time around, we can beat them and go to second round with points" and we all know what happened after that.

I'm thinking of starting a business of selling Effigies in India, I mean I could make so much money just by doing that. I won't go so much into details as you don't to talk about the recent history, so I'd go back to the ancient history you all love so much.

So do you remember, 03/13/1996 in Eaden Garden Kolkata? India had just beaten Pakistan and comes in saying we are going to Lahore for the final. We really beat you in that one didn't we? I mean even Tendulkar was quoted as he was crying after that match. India was all out for 120?

So what's Sri Lanka's lowest score against your country? somewhere around 90? and what's your lowest score against us?
Old October 26, 2007, 11:29 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

oiiiii
ekhane ki suru hoise ?
Old October 27, 2007, 12:09 AM
First Class Cricketer

Based on recent record, it does appear to me that there are only two kinds of results in matches involving Sri lanka.

(a) Either Sri Lanka minnow bashes its opposition, or failing which,

(b) Sri Lanka gets minnow bashed by its opposition.

I cannot see Sri Lanka minnow bashing Australia, so the only conclusion I can draw, based on my above observation, is that Sri Lanka is in for a minnow bashing.
Old October 27, 2007, 01:17 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideedge
Based on recent record, it does appear to me that there are only two kinds of results in matches involving Sri lanka.

(a) Either Sri Lanka minnow bashes its opposition, or failing which,

(b) Sri Lanka gets minnow bashed by its opposition.

I cannot see Sri Lanka minnow bashing Australia, so the only conclusion I can draw, based on my above observation, is that Sri Lanka is in for a minnow bashing.
Be careful now!

Don't let your mouth get over your head!!! It might haunt ya back!

Sri Lanka will not minnow bash. They just want to win, 1 test out of 2. Simple as that.
Old October 27, 2007, 02:41 AM
Test Cricketer

Buddhika, while I understand your patriotism and passion, I think you are over reacting here. After losing a home series and in spite of having history against you, you are claiming to beat the world champions in their own backyard and then to beat India in India and then you are expecting everyone here to pat on your back and say 'well done'. Optimism is good but being unreasonably vocal about it not. Others here are talking practically and you should accept their opinions in the right spirit.
Old October 27, 2007, 09:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Strictly from a neutral point of view, I DON'T think Buddhika is over-reacting here.

I once called India a MINNOW and saw how my Indian friends reacted here. And when you guys are saying SL is up for a minnow bashing, it should of course upset him.

SL may be going through a bad patch, which happens to every team. It happened to India, Pakistan, NZ, and even Australia. SO WHAT? Last time I checked TEAMS GOING THROUGH A BAD PATCH OFTEN RETURN TO THEIR FORM!!!! Don't forget that you're talking about a team which thrashed you in your last match...and threw you out of the WC. Don't forget that you're talking about a team which played FINALS in the WC. At the same time, no one should forget that India thrashed SL in their backyard before the WC, and also that India played in the finals of the previous WC.

Apart from that, when I see you guys fight like kids over your favourite team on a Bangladeshi cricket fan site, it just makes my day...SO CARRY ONNNN
Old October 27, 2007, 11:45 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer
Buddhika, while I understand your patriotism and passion, I think you are over reacting here. After losing a home series and in spite of having history against you, you are claiming to beat the world champions in their own backyard and then to beat India in India and then you are expecting everyone here to pat on your back and say 'well done'. Optimism is good but being unreasonably vocal about it not. Others here are talking practically and you should accept their opinions in the right spirit.
No mate, This is all I'm saying, I just posted a few articles and I believe that with the current we have in Australia We can at least draw the series with 1 win. That's all. I'm not saying we ARE GOING TO beat Aussies 2-0 in the test series. If our batting clicks that's all I'm hoping for. Can we beat them 2-0? Yes, Will we beat them 2-0? Not sure, probably not.

But the India part is not IN India mate. It's the CB Series in Australia. I was just saying, I love watching SL play in Australia because they somehow show some really good combacks there. we usually go into the finals and drag Aussies to the 3rd final. I just hope that we beat India and win 2 of the 3 finals. I don't know. As most of you guys, I just want my team to win a series in Australia. That's all.
Old October 27, 2007, 01:11 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

fight! fight!! fight!!!
keep on ranting.. as long as its civil and being passionate for the game and country.

Buddhika..points to you..
one vs 2 here....

less talk more action...
fight fight fight!!!
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old October 27, 2007, 01:34 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Sri Lankans 4 for 335 (Jayasuriya 154, Atapattu 56, Vandort 55, Samaraweera 53*) v Australia Chairman's XI, Played at Adelaide Oval on 27,28,29 October 2007 (3-day match)

Full scorecard - Day One
Old October 27, 2007, 02:06 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney
fight! fight!! fight!!!
keep on ranting.. as long as its civil and being passionate for the game and country.

Buddhika..points to you..
one vs 2 here....

less talk more action...
fight fight fight!!!
No man, fights don't mean anything. Just a good banter.

I don't like fights behind a keyboard. Don't want to be a key board worrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
Sri Lankans 4 for 335 (Jayasuriya 154, Atapattu 56, Vandort 55, Samaraweera 53*) v Australia Chairman's XI, Played at Adelaide Oval on 27,28,29 October 2007 (3-day match)

Full scorecard - Day One
Jayasuriya's 154 was off 153 balls. He forgot it was a 3 day match.