facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 6, 2008, 10:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanim3960
calmdown dude it took NZ 26 years to see the Test victory..........
How many tests NZ play in 26 Years? Look at the stats please

Old March 6, 2008, 10:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayem
How many tests NZ play in 26 Years? Look at the stats please
umpires robbed us of a victory at multan...and the fatullah, st lucia, and mirpur tests were pretty close (in fact we dominated the st lucia one start to finish).

while you're checking the stats, also see how many sub-22 year olds NZ had on their squads at the time.

also look at biased home umpiring that all test teams got barring maybe zimbabwe and sri lanka (modern era teams).

all things being equal (which obviously they aren't), bangladesh has faired at least as well as all the major test nations in their formative years. exception being pakistan who were a better team in the 1950s then they are now

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 6, 2008, 10:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
umpires robbed us of a victory at multan...and the fatullah, st lucia, and mirpur tests were pretty close (in fact we dominated the st lucia one start to finish).

while you're checking the stats, also see how many sub-22 year olds NZ had on their squads at the time.

also look at biased home umpiring that all test teams got barring maybe zimbabwe and sri lanka (modern era teams).

all things being equal (which obviously they aren't), bangladesh has faired at least as well as all the major test nations in their formative years. exception being pakistan who were a better team in the 1950s then they are now
look at the picture in general and not pick out any specific games..there have also been unfair decicions with other teams too...Fact of the matter is ...BD are not good enough! they have lost almost all the tests apart from 1 !!
Old March 6, 2008, 11:06 PM
First Class Cricketer

On the contrary I believe test cricket is the only thing that can save Bangladesh cricket. The test game provides our young players with the types of situations that they have not faced a lot or have never faced at the local level. It's painful to watch and see them stumble and fall but there is no other way. Playing odi's and 20-20's won't result in our players becoming better. Only by playing test can our boys become strong mentaly, learn how to deal with the different tactics, and learn how to adapt and adjust. It's going to take a whole lot of time but you look at all the other top teams like S.Africa, Sri Lanka, Australia, and India they are all good test performers. So for Bangladesh to grow and become and remain a sustainable cricketing country we must play test cricket.
Old March 6, 2008, 11:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
look at the picture in general and not pick out any specific games..there have also been unfair decicions with other teams too...Fact of the matter is ...BD are not good enough! they have lost almost all the tests apart from 1 !!
well if you fail to pick out any "specific games" 53 times, BD has yet to play a test match!

Quote:
there have also been unfair decicions with other teams too
fine. no problem. but other teams also had biased home umpires making decisions in their favor which we have NEVER had.

then take into consideration the quality of fielding sides back in the day. our problem is staying at the wicket. that would largely be negated. and whilst we would still lose as many games, we would last much longer and possibly draw a lot of the matchs we lose (but don't lose by an innings).

if you want to compare apples, make sure you compare them to apples and not to assault rifles.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 6, 2008, 11:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanim3960
calmdown dude it took NZ 26 years to see the Test victory..........

How many tests did NZ play during that time?
"It is Allah who takes away the souls at the time of their death, and [the souls] of those that do not die during their sleep. He retains those souls for which He has ordained death, whereas He releases the rest for an appointed term. Verily, in this are signs for a people who think deeply." (39:42)
Old March 6, 2008, 11:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan

sounds like...
nachte na janle uthan baka

the truth hurts...but Bangladesh is not good enough in test level yet...we play good once in a while...but the results are easily predictible...consistancy is the key...and we are consistantly loosing badly
"It is Allah who takes away the souls at the time of their death, and [the souls] of those that do not die during their sleep. He retains those souls for which He has ordained death, whereas He releases the rest for an appointed term. Verily, in this are signs for a people who think deeply." (39:42)
Old March 7, 2008, 12:13 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mridul
sounds like...

the truth hurts...but Bangladesh is not good enough in test level yet...we play good once in a while...but the results are easily predictible...consistancy is the key...and we are consistantly loosing badly
ridul bhai,

the problem lies in the head completely. its not as if we don't have the god-given ability to play. if that was case, the solution would simple, and this forum would have no reason to exist. as soon as (if) the boys learn to play with their heads instead of the deshi jodi laigga jai lottery method, we will not only be good enough for tests, but we might be too good for tests.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 7, 2008, 12:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Sayem & Mridul = BD Politicians

They want the elections as soon as possible. But the general public doesn't want to have any elections at all.

And now our case is same as theirs.

Sayem & Mridul here wants our Test Status revoked but 99.999999% people doesn't.
Old March 7, 2008, 02:57 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

To sayem: OK... you have given up on BD cricket's hopes. No complain about that.. you have rights to your own choices. But the vital question is... why you even bother to watch BD matches when they're playing Test Cricket? You can simply give up on that too... na?

At the same time... why even bother writing about it wasting some very valuable time of yours?? This is a free world... why indulge yourself into something you are completely not enjoying? Move on to some other sports... supporting some other country bro!
Old March 7, 2008, 03:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

take a look here: http://www.bwtorrents.com/showthread.php?t=139242

most of indian & paki wants take away test status from BD.
they think Ireland & kenya deserve test status but not BD.
Old March 7, 2008, 05:02 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Sayem Bhai, bhul jaygai aisa porsen. You are welcome to go and hang out with Boycott's mommy.
Old March 7, 2008, 07:32 AM
Street Cricketer

Angry BD Cricket

BD are definitely good enough in terms of physical ability. The only thing that they lack is mental ability. If BD finish the day on a high, then they will do rubbish in the first session of the next day! Once they sort this out, maybe we can start actually playin 5 days. We also need to sort out the openers. They go in all guns blazin and never give the team a good start!
Old March 7, 2008, 07:54 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: SHAKIB AL HASAN

sayem, r u sure ur a bangladeshi? i dont think anyone will want their country's test status to be taken away. its just taking some time n i dont see any problem with that.
always remember failure is the pillar of success.
if u r seeing the matches then u r not realizing that we r improving..maybe in small amounts..but we r going in the right direction..test cricket is real cricket n if we give up test cricket i dont think there is any use of being called a cricketing-nation.
Old March 7, 2008, 08:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mridul
sounds like...

Thank you for seeing the truth and misrey of this BD team...
Old March 7, 2008, 09:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaniac
sayem, r u sure ur a bangladeshi? i dont think anyone will want their country's test status to be taken away. its just taking some time n i dont see any problem with that.
always remember failure is the pillar of success.
if u r seeing the matches then u r not realizing that we r improving..maybe in small amounts..but we r going in the right direction..test cricket is real cricket n if we give up test cricket i dont think there is any use of being called a cricketing-nation.
Brother, Suppose you havn't learnt to swim in the deep end and your coach puts you in deep end you are drowning and no one is saving you....u will sadly die..this is whats happning to BD young "test" cricketers mental game..ICC now needs to save them asap!
Old March 7, 2008, 09:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisal
take a look here: http://www.bwtorrents.com/showthread.php?t=139242

most of indian & paki wants take away test status from BD.
they think Ireland & kenya deserve test status but not BD.
In UK most of BD ppl also want test status to be taken away...may be the opinion between British Bengali and Bangladeshi's from Bangladesh are the difference...Frankly in the west our mentality is very different to yours and we realises the facts, truth and speak up in open manner..and i also sugest that you also follow our example...Those Indians and Pakistan are absolutly right in saying what they are saying!! Realise the truth that BD are awful test team and THEY DO NOT DESRVE TEST!!
Old March 7, 2008, 09:24 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
In UK most of BD ppl also want test status to be taken away...may be the opinion between British Bengali and Bangladeshi's from Bangladesh are the difference...Frankly in the west our mentality is very different to yours and we realises the facts, truth and speak up in open manner..and i also sugest that you also follow our example...Those Indians and Pakistan are absolutly right in saying what they are saying!! Realise the truth that BD are awful test team and THEY DO NOT DESRVE TEST!!
Excuse me!! I was maintaining a distance from this stupid thread, but have to say few words here.

Do you represent UK Bangladeshi people?

What's your sample size? I have never heard any Bangladeshi here is sharing the idiotic thoughts!! and my network is quite big.

Speak for yourself, don't drag other people here who never share your brand of thoughts.

Last edited by Miraz; March 7, 2008 at 09:42 AM..
Old March 7, 2008, 09:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
We all need to be a bit educated,,Why don't you accept the fact that Test is so different to shorter version?? After watching these two tests...it was pethetic...so was all the other series!! they are NOT improving...you have no test class batsman yet you want to play test?? you havn't beaten anybody accept depleted Zims, yet you want to play test? no 4 day leauge in your country yet you want to play test? Almost all the Bangladeshi's I know including my self profoundly believe that BD' should stop playing test because there isn't any winning pattern in tests for them. They got the test status by mistake and today we can see whats happning.
speak for urself.

the worlds about benefit.
its to our benifit that we play test as the game thrives us
nd the only thing that gives us joy as a nation.
u can argue ur losing the integrity of tests but we care the damn about it.
eventually that wont be the problem coz eventually well get there
no matter how long it cares.
Old March 7, 2008, 09:40 AM
Test Cricketer

advise for u,

dont consider ur self a bd fan coz ur not. givingsome example.

a true kopite would never stop support lpool no matter where they play. leads united or crystel palace supporters didint ran away coz they r not in the p leage.

supporting is about blind faith.
u support in the bad times nd the good times
Old March 7, 2008, 09:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
What's your sample size? I have never heard any Bangladeshi here is sharing the idiotic thoughts!! and my network is quite big.
What's the sample size that your BIG network represents? The way you're talking, it sounds like 90% of British Bangladeshis belong to your BIG network.

And for that matter, does anyone need to discuss their sample size to make you happy? When was the last time you saw a forum post that read "I belong to 90% of the British Bangladeshis and I know through personal interactions, questionnaires, observations, lab tests, and sophisticated screenings, none of us want Bangladesh to play Test anymore...and through some other fancy statistical measures, we want them to wait until they are 74.99723948723098374987235% better than what they are right now".

Forum is informal. Try to keep it that way.

Last edited by Kabir; March 7, 2008 at 09:49 AM..
Old March 7, 2008, 09:53 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Good one Kabir, keep it up bro.
Old March 7, 2008, 09:55 AM
Banned

[quote=Kabir;640631]What's the sample size that your BIG network represents? The way you're talking, it sounds like 90% of British Bangladeshis belong to your BIG network.

And for that matter, does anyone need to discuss their sample size to make you happy? When was the last time you saw a forum post that read "I belong to 90% of the British Bangladeshis and I know through personal interactions, questionnaires, observations, lab tests, and sophisticated screenings, none of us want Bangladesh to play Test anymore...and through some other fancy statistical measures, we want them to wait until they are 74.99723948723098374987235% better than what they are right now".

Forum is informal. Try to keep it that way.[/quo

Last edited by sayem; March 7, 2008 at 10:13 AM..
Old March 7, 2008, 09:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

What's the obsession with Brit Bengalis? All bengalis are bengalis. I suspect most of those labelling themselves Brit Bangla probably weren't born in the uK anyway.

This stuff is divisive. We should avoid it....
Old March 7, 2008, 10:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu2abu
What's the obsession with Brit Bengalis? All bengalis are bengalis. I suspect most of those labelling themselves Brit Bangla probably weren't born in the uK anyway.

This stuff is divisive. We should avoid it....
Only using it to see the change of opinions....no divisions