facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Which of the following players (if any) will EVENTUALLY become great cricketers?
Mohammad Ashraful 23 46.94%
Aftab Ahmed 16 32.65%
Shahadat Hossain 31 63.27%
Mashrafee bin Mortaza 10 20.41%
Syed Rasel 22 44.90%
Enamul Haque Jr 8 16.33%
Abdur Razzak 18 36.73%
Tamim Iqbal 19 38.78%
Junaid Siddique 20 40.82%
Sakib al Hasan 19 38.78%
Mushfiqur Rahim 15 30.61%
Shahriar Nafees 19 38.78%
Rajin Saleh 5 10.20%
Farhad Reza 9 18.37%
other (please specify) 6 12.24%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 8, 2008, 09:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
... and best dreamer bdchamp20.
thank u..I do dream a lot

Old March 8, 2008, 10:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikss
Mushfiqur Rahim...I am with Siddons...I still bliv he will be the golden boy of Bangladesh
hi5 bro!!!!couldnt agree wid u more,i also voted for bizu, rasel and reza.though i believe in tamim,ash,mash,raj 2.
Old March 8, 2008, 01:45 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: mashrafe mortaza

mushfiqur is really lacking with the bat since the WC. we'll see how this new wicketkeeper (ghosh) will do.
Old March 8, 2008, 01:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahaque
mushfiqur is really lacking with the bat since the WC. we'll see how this new wicketkeeper (ghosh) will do.
Referring to the utter failure of wicketkeeper Mushfiqur Rahim in the Test series, Siddons admitted that he failed to deliver the goods.

"Yes, I've felt that a bit," the coach replied when asked whether he had any lamentation of keeping Mushfiqur in the Test team

Dailystar
Old March 8, 2008, 01:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

ive voted many of them coz i really hope n pray that all of them come out as one of best in the world.

that's why after humiliating defeats i come back again n shout for them

go boyz
Old March 8, 2008, 04:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Sohel Bhai, I like your pick. If Siddons work diligently with this group for 2 years, we will see vast improvement. i am also hoping that sometime down the road, Mushy can also be in his squad.
Old March 8, 2008, 05:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

if sohel bhai's predictions come to light, we'll have quite a few world class players in our ranks.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 8, 2008, 09:58 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Sohel bhai's predictions are mostly optimistic. Some are definitely on the money.

Rajib, Enam, Rajjak, Tamim and Mushfique are my picks to become EXCELLENT international players eventually. The term "great" doesn't come across to me quite as appropriate. I think that our team, if develops properly by the time the current crop reaches their 30s, will EVENTUALLY become world-beaters based on team work, and unlikely on individual greatness.
Old March 9, 2008, 11:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

All of them have probably lost the chance of becoming great cricketer. Some of them have chance of coming out as good cricketers.

Greats have not yet started playing, or are in their mother's womb.
Old March 10, 2008, 02:48 AM
First Class Cricketer

Of the guyz mentioned, I believe Tamim, Zunaed and Shahadat have the talent and character to become "decent" intl cricketers (to me "decent" means batting avg of around 40 in test matches and around 250 test wickets). Mushfiq, with his age defying maturity, might be there purely as a batsman as well, though not too sure of him as a keeper.

Razzaq and Russel would probably fall in the decent category for ODIs.

For guyz like Raqibul and Dhiman, it's a tad too early to comment.

Mashrafe, if he sorts out his emotional and superstitious baggage ( and no major injuries of course ) can become a decent player but he remains too much of an enigma.

Aftab is along somewhat similar lines, with the emational baggage replaced by sudden rushes of blood while batting; though his recent change of approach in batting makes me optimistic that this wonderfully talented batsman might just turn out to be something of the player we expect him to be.

I dont think either Shakib or S. Nafees has the techniq to become "decent" intl cricketers.

The only one in the list who I believe has the talent and techniq to be become sth more than decent (I mean an average in the high 40's in tests if not 50) is Ashraful. However, unless he stops getting way too satisfied after every good innings and stops throwing his wicket away like he does now, I am afraid he'll struggle to reach 30+ avg, let alone 40.
Old March 10, 2008, 06:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

IMO. the only good batsmen in the team at the moment are Tamim, Ashraful and Aftab. The rest will really have to learn how to bat properly, then maybe we can call them batsmen. That gives us three guys who know to play cricketing strokes, but ever so often throw their wickets away. Reza is one VP they can have in the squad, he can bowl and bat.Mash used to be a VP, but now seems to have lost all interest in cricket.
Compared to performance wise, last year was a much better year for them. Now, they have a new coach, but seem to go downhill. I feel that in the few months Siddons has been in BD, he has not spent enough time with them and after this tour and the Irish tour, he must have training camps.These guys need a lot of guidance and practice.
They also need a bowling coach very badly, this series have revealed that.
Old March 10, 2008, 06:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Cricket is a team game and one person won't shine if the whole team is a minnow.
Old March 10, 2008, 07:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

I don't expect any of these players will end up with average near 40 runs. Don't expect of great player just expect some batemen with mid 30 average. We are currently mid 20 average team.