facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 11, 2008, 06:30 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Bulletin : Bangladesh drop Zunaed and Shahadat for the second ODI

Current/Forthcoming Tours

South Africa in Bangladesh, 2007-08
Bangladesh drop Zunaed and Shahadat for the second ODI
11 March 2008
Bangladesh opener Zunaed Siddique and fast bowler Shahadat Hossain have been left out for the second ODI of the three-match Warid Telecom series against touring South Africa which is due to be held at the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium on Wednesday.
Read the rest of the bulletin ยป

Old March 11, 2008, 06:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Junaid shouldve played and I think it wouldve been better if BD picked all 3 pacers...we should try that once atleast
Old March 11, 2008, 06:32 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

This is absolutely unfair. It was Ashraful's stupidity to waste Shahadat and now he is dropping him!!!

Dropping Zuaned is also very harsh.
Old March 11, 2008, 06:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I feel that they are chopping and changing the team too much, this does not lead to consistency at all.
Old March 11, 2008, 06:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

this change was needed that is why i always wanted to pich Mash instead of Shadat(ck my old post).....He is too expenssive in ODI.....And now it happened and i doubt it might effect on his current form......
Old March 11, 2008, 06:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Dropping Zunaed is absolutely rubbish unless he has a health problem.

I agree with Miraz bhai regarding Shahadat, he is a victim of Ashrafool's stupidity.
Old March 11, 2008, 07:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

i didn't understand why shahadat wasn't given the new ball and now he is dropped.
Old March 11, 2008, 07:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

As i've said on a orevious post, this makes no sense. i'm not so concerned with shahdat (mash on form would be a fine replacement) but dropping Junaed makes no sense...
Old March 11, 2008, 07:23 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
This is absolutely unfair. It was Ashraful's stupidity to waste Shahadat and now he is dropping him!!!

Dropping Zuaned is also very harsh.
Ashrafool need to drop himself from the team,
Old March 11, 2008, 07:24 AM
ODI Cricketer

I am not happy dropping Zunaid,Rajib. I feel Zunaid shouldve played one more game so shouldve Rajib. Giving mash break for one day isn't enough if he really needed a break.
Old March 11, 2008, 07:25 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player

Im Happy with this. Zunaid and Shahadat isn't ODI's players for me!
Old March 11, 2008, 07:34 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Now, this is getting too ridiculous. This short break would not work for Masri. Shahadat deserved to be played. Zunaid could have been the opener we were looking for ODI, although he was shaky and lacking confidence in first ODI, I think we should have given him another chance. Selectors have gone nuts after Rafique incident.
Old March 11, 2008, 07:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Who gets in depends on who is in the board

Yes it depends on who is in the board/selection committee and what part of Bangladesh they are from. They will add/drop depends on whom they like. Certain players will always get more chances over others while some players will never get a chance. You just need to find out the background of the past and present board/selection committee- you have the answers. Ashraful may be a prodigy (or not?), but you cannot expect a thoughtful captaincy from a 23 years old, as you have seen many times under his captaincy- he ain't GC Smith.
Old March 11, 2008, 07:43 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Welcome The_Yorker to BanglaCricket. Enjoy your stay!!

Ashraful is now in his 8th year in international cricket, he should have learnt the art of captaincy by now.

Anyway, it's a poor selection decision.
Old March 11, 2008, 07:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik
i didn't understand why shahadat wasn't given the new ball and now he is dropped.
mone hoe russel notun ball a bowling bhalo kore bole ai ta korsilo. they didn't want the ball to damage the ball before russel ends his overs. also, shahadat bowled pretty well with the old ball in test.. lol.. they have a logic behind it i guess.

But as someone said up there, I can tell you guys one thing

Zunaid --> is a test player not for ODI
Shahadat --> test player, not for ODI

Sakib --> ODI player, not for test
Tamim --> ODI player not for test
Razzak --> ODI plater, not for test
Old March 11, 2008, 07:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Junaid was the only batsmen who was in form when the 3 team tourney was played at mirpur. He was the batsman who is comfortable in mirpur.
Old March 11, 2008, 08:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

lol those were practice match no? tahole to nazimuddin amader best batsman. few peepz only show off during the practice match but not in real. remember sarwar hossain from 2003 WC? lol. he had 3 of 50's in the practice match.. but in real.. fatta
Old March 11, 2008, 08:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Dropping Zunaed and Rajib is harsh but totally understandable in light of our so called cricket culture and its lust for short-term 'solutions', no matter how counter-productive such inconsistencies may be for our overall development.

Bringing Rajib into the attack during the 20th over despite early signs of 'the plan' backfiring was not his decision. Yet, he gets scapegoated for it while MaMu is yet to complete his dose of active rest IMO.

Zunaed, like ALL other batsmen in the team except Tamim, has done poorly trying to play the sort of cricket he never has before in the shorter version or long for that matter. Especially tough for one of the best OD/T20 strokemakers we've ever seen, period.

Poor kid didn't get to play even 5 matches in a row before being also scapegoated, while a couple of more experienced batters in the team still cannot average in the double figures over their last 10 plus matches in terms of consistency measured by dropping their highest and lowest scores during that recent period !!!

Here's a few numbers edited and pasted from another post: -

Quote:
"When the finger points at the Moon, the fool looks at the finger." - Confucius

ShaNa (last 10 ODI innings): - 2 - - 12 - 1 - 9 - 7 - 33 - 6 - 12. That is an ODI average of 8.2. If we are to measure his recent consistency/dispersion, lets drop the lowest score of and the highest of 33, and we'll end up with an average of 6.13 ... Where's the consistency ? Especially from a "top order" batsman ! BACK IN FORM my foot ! The only thing he has been consistent about is the manner in which he throws his wicket away after looking pretty good initially. Having a poke outside off with no movement of the feet is a compulsion he needs to overcome. Even if that means not facing the new-ish ball by batting further down the order. Let's talk about that BACK IN FORM crap after at least 10 more, NON-MINNOW matches, shall we?

He is undoubtedly our favorite minnow-basher and as a Josephite, he speaks English well enough, but those don't mitigate the facts any. He failed to perform in the full-strength NCL and his Captaincy there was total crap also BTW.

Having said all that, his defense is more compact than ever and his footwork has also improved alongside his fielding quite a bit. I pray he continues to improve and becomes a steady contributor in our middle order or at # 3, and not by default or comparison to other, more pitiful performances.

Moyna (last 10 ODI innings): - 50 - 5 - - 15 - 2 - 6 - 15 - 10 - 6. That is an ODI average of 10.9. If we are to measure his recent consistency/dispersion, lets drop the lowest score of and the highest of 50, and we'll end up with an average of 7.38 ... GREAT consistency, eh ?

Maybe Moyna will become a good Captain someday, but that day is certainly not now by any stretch of the imagination. Batting-wise, he needs to clean up his technique considerably. Maybe a better-fitting helmet and tips from a cleaner-hitting and constantly improving Farhad Reza - 11.0 over the last 10 ODIs, 9.5 in terms of consistency/dispersion - will help.
Farhad Reza, one of the cleanest hitters of the ball irrespective of the type of excitable temperament EVERYONE in the team suffers from, continues to get the shaft as our team gets deprived of his valuable heavy hitting and the subsequent runs on the board. The poor kid hasn't had the chance yet to play even 10 matches against a non-minnow side yet.

MH Rubel who cannot bat for $hite but those possibilities with the ball gets our selectors to persist with him. I frankly don't see Farhad with his improved bowling to do any worse. Another story.

When will we give our newly selected players get a good run of play, say at least 10 matches on the trot against good sides?
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; March 11, 2008 at 09:25 AM..
Old March 11, 2008, 08:12 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarbangla
lol those were practice match no? tahole to nazimuddin amader best batsman. few peepz only show off during the practice match but not in real. remember sarwar hossain from 2003 WC? lol. he had 3 of 50's in the practice match.. but in real.. fatta
Did you forget his 74 in the 1st test?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarbangla
But as someone said up there, I can tell you guys one thing

Zunaid --> is a test player not for ODI
Shahadat --> test player, not for ODI
Nonsense. Junaed is one of the best OD/T20 players in the country. You don't remember his T20 debut either (where he score 71)

Last edited by Spitfire_x86; March 11, 2008 at 08:19 AM..
Old March 11, 2008, 08:17 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
MH Rubel who cannot bat for $hite but those possibilities with the ball gets our selectors to persist with him.

When will we give our newly selected players get a good run of play, say at least 10 matches on the trot against good sides?
Isn't that contradictory mate!

Dropping Zuaned is completely unacceptable, but we shouldn't judge MH Rubel on the basis of a single performance. He was a debutant and came to bat at an awkward situation with lot of pressure. He is primarily a bowler but we didn't have enough run on the board for our bowlers.
Old March 11, 2008, 08:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Terming player a ODI player or a test player too early in his career is our habit. We like to term player this or that. That doesn't help at all. Junaed should've played all three games. If we can't go through the pain of letting a player get through the pain of learning international cricket, why do we give them a chance so early? Total non-sense. Four debutants in two games. Are you kidding me? I don't like Junaed getting dropped and I don't like Nazim getting picked. If anyone, Forhad should've come in.

Our selectors and team management is so weak, it is not even funny. They couldn't drop Ashruful for long and now the same thing is happening with Mash. If dropping these players to teach them a lesson is the point, then let them go through the pain. Don't make it too easy for them. Now, Mash knows well they can drop me for a game but they have to pick me again soon. It wasn't worth it.
Old March 11, 2008, 08:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib, Tamim, Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik
Thats a Trap created by Ashraful and our selector. he want Sahadat to get bash by using a old ball . Ash let sahadat to bowled at 20th over. thats why Sahadat cant do much at that point. the match was already gone. by this they got a excuse to bring back MaMu. shame on selector
Old March 11, 2008, 08:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Isn't that contradictory mate!

Dropping Zuaned is completely unacceptable, but we shouldn't judge MH Rubel on the basis of a single performance. He was a debutant and came to bat at an awkward situation with lot of pressure. He is primarily a bowler but we didn't have enough run on the board for our bowlers.
It certainly is bro. I personally was never impressed by his batting at all, and as Billah also pointed out, he could've been out 23 times from the 24 balls he faced during the match, such are the comical lackings of his batting fundamentals.

But I do think his bowling potential requires a longer look now that hew has been selected already. I'd rather have newer players debut against sides like Ireland first, but once they're already in the team, I think they deserve a decent run. I just wish Zunaed got a decent-enough run himself.

The selectors should take responsibilty for their selections by according them that decent run. MH Rubel didn't select himself. Therein lies the tough call of a perhaps mis-timed selection.

This is a big mess filled with unnecessary contradictions and double standards from all those responsible for such awful moves.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 11, 2008, 08:45 AM
Cricket Sage

What? Still no Farhad Reza. I am speachless...

Its not worth it...I refuse to consume this sh*tty product anymore. I would rather sleep tonight.

Good bye.
Old March 11, 2008, 08:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Let's see how persisting with 3 SLAs largely on account of the WC works out for us.

My guess? Teams like SA learn from their mistakes and address their inadequecies. Especially with 2 pretty good SLAs of their own nowadays. The 3 SLA strategy didn't work for us during the first ODI, did it now?

I'd have liked to have seen my original selection before all this started play the entire series. That selection had Dhiman in place of GoBoy, Nirala in place of Aftab and Rajib in place of MaMu. Maybe try MH Rubel in place of Moyna against Ireland.

1. Tamim
2. Zunaed
3. Abir
4. Ash
5. Nirala
6. Moyna
7. Farhad
8. Dhiman
9. Razzak
10. Rajib
11. Rasel

I guess it's all rather academic now.

Anyway, best of luck to our boys, they'll need it as always ...

Last edited by Sohel; March 11, 2008 at 08:54 AM..