facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 18, 2004, 11:22 PM
Retired BC Admin

Default I have a feeling ..

I have gut feelings that the higher officials in the BCB and the selection committee pay regular visit to our site. With the net spanning from the office table to bedroom and the urge & need to be on top of all related information about national and international cricket alike, Banglacricket dot com enjoys a unique position for all of them to get all those in a time honored fashion.

Visiting our site could easily be and should rightly be so, considered as integral part of their job. Where else can they get fans opinion in an organized and civil way. And boy, do we leave even the smallest matter undiscussed!

Moving on to international arena, we do cover all the major events from Kandi to Antigua from Pindi to Windhoek. Banglacricket is the perfect platform for any cricket official to get on top of international cricket any time, all the time and even more so for our BCB folks who can even enjoy the progress of a match without having to use their mobile and all from the comfort of their own desk. Where else can they get all those live audio video links in one place? Only in banglacricket dot com.

Old April 18, 2004, 11:31 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I have had the same feeling for long time. And past visit from u19 coach makes it even more strong. I would say I am 95% certain BCB and even some net savvy players visit this site quite often.

In future we might be even lucky to have someone from BCB to be a member (long shot but there's no reason not to have hope )

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by nasif : typo]
Old April 18, 2004, 11:35 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

how about we send some invitation to some big shots like national players, dav and bcb memebers?
Old April 19, 2004, 03:58 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Maybe even something more..

If our posts r regularly visited by the Cricket personnels involved with the national team.. its certainly very much positive. Because, every single issue with all the minor statistics an points of view is discussed here (and at this point I, as a recent member of this site, would like to thank everyone from heart who made this site and maintaining also --for the great job they are doing)..!

what i can guess is that.. it is supposed to be a very regular habit of International level professionals so remain connected to update issues through the net (Ex. recent participation of our Junior team coach McInns in this site)
Even more! i think not only the ppl in Bd but also ppl from other test playing contries visit this site often!

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by crickethorizon]
Old April 19, 2004, 06:07 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

If anyone does visit here from the BCB, then its gotta be the people of internship -category working in BCB, because I don't see Ali Asghar Lobi coming here and having the luxury (in terms of 'time') to visit this place among all the duties that he has of going around from places to places.

And among the team management, we have Nasu, the former national cricketer and the system analyst (probably) going with the national team who does seem to have latest technical knowledge. And if not him, then there is always the physio/trainer (who is which, can't remember) whom we know from different reports to sit in front of computer and does their jobs.
Old April 19, 2004, 06:13 AM
ODI Cricketer

Do Ali Ashgar lobi knows how to run a computer ??? I have a doubt abt that.
Old April 19, 2004, 02:12 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Banglacricket dot com is the real deal

/*shameless self-promotion alert on*/

Well if there is any place on the net that BCB officials should be visiting for some constructive discussions about Bangladesh cricket Banglacricket dot com is it. We strive for our discussions to be constructive, balanced, and maintain a friendly environment where everyone should feel comfortable posting their views.

/*shameless self-promotion alert off*/

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by pompous]
Old April 19, 2004, 02:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Would you say - U19 coach must have told Dav about this site?

I will be surprised if he hasn't.
Old April 19, 2004, 03:31 PM
Test Cricketer

update the domestic league stat....then ppl dont have to go to cricinfo.....only then BCB ppl/selectors may come visit this site
Old April 19, 2004, 05:24 PM
Cricket Legend

So, why so little communication between us and them?

1 - We should initiate some form of contact with BCB.

2 - get hold of a contact person to exchange info on tours etc. This is really useful when they go for tours so that we have some extra information. Especially tours to inaccessible places.

All things are possible, if and only if, they are open to our ideas and are generally approachable.

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by oracle]
Old April 19, 2004, 07:07 PM
Cricket Legend

well one thing we can probably do is like we can invite some players of the national team or some members of the bcb board to a chat session and there we can ask our questions and hopefully they will have enough information to ask our questions and hopefully they wont just make up something illogical and try to kill the time.
Old April 19, 2004, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally posted by nasifkhan
Do Ali Ashgar lobi knows how to run a computer ??? I have a doubt abt that.

Why not? Is operating a computer a really sophisticated job or something? I wouldn't doubt Lobi's abilities in terms of turning on a computer and browsing through the internet...
Old April 19, 2004, 11:04 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
Why not? Is operating a computer a really sophisticated job or something? I wouldn't doubt Lobi's abilities in terms of turning on a computer and browsing through the internet...
I have a little story of mine to share. When I was at school, reading in class 3 or 4, it was forbidden for me to touch the 'remote control' of our TV. The reason was that if I had touched it, it would have been out of order.

Anyway. back to serious talking, A computer, in Bangladesh is still a luxury, only somewhat newer generation, people who are in their 30s (may be upto late 30s) generally run a computer around here at office.

There are some people who run a computer who are above 40 age group, but they're not the ones running computer at their workplace.

Upto now, I haven't seen anybody who is above 50 years old in Dhaka, running a computer.

Well, the info above is not based on any research or anything, just a general idea. Lobby is not someone in his late 30s.
Old April 21, 2004, 04:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

I think it'll be really hard to get any player come online and talk or chat with us, and that's due the following reasons.

first, coming to this forum they would have to answer or discuss things about cricket with us, which could lead them into revealing stuff they are not supposed to talk about, media could blow whatever they say out of proportion.

second, I don't think they have enough time or the technical skill (some of'em) or even intention to come to chat forum and discuss cricket when all they do, daylong, is cricket. here's a journey to the memory lane to explain my assumption,

one of my friends used to play for BD national team, infact he used to be the #1 bowler for BD for a long while after they beat Kenya and qualified for the 1999 worldcup. but he never liked watching cricket or analyzing other bowlers from other countries who were far better. when I asked him why he wasn't into watching cricket and/or other bowlers at all (as it could help him improve), he said he didn't have any interest left, after all, all he did was cricket. and I think it's true, it's really easy to get mentally fatigued about anything that you do day in day out, even if you love it to death.

But if we can generate massive crowd base and have constructive criticism to give a good insight about BD cricket, may be then we'll able to have our coaches and officials share their views with us.

Lastly, I have to say, Banglacricket is doing an awesome job, and if this plan comes true then it'll be great for BD cricket and it's fans. peace.
Old April 21, 2004, 05:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Betaar, you arent talking about Hasibul Hossain Shanto by any chance are you? I'll undestand if you choose not to reply t this topic and keep his identit confidential.

I completely agree that you can get fatigued from cricket. I'm sure it happens a lot, we just dont hear about it much.