facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 26, 2016, 12:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few
Default England Tour to Bangladesh to Go Ahead as Planned: ECB

The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has announced in an official statement on Thursday that England's tour to Bangladesh will go ahead as planned.

The information has emerged after an ECB security team briefed the England players about the security situation in Bangladesh on Thursday evening.

http://www.thedailystar.net/sports/c...-ahead-1275871

Finally some good news. Welcome England.
This deserves a thread of its own rather than getting dumped into the all in one thread. Zeeshan bhai tai shob koi?

Old August 26, 2016, 03:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

thank you england. you just earned respect from few million bangladeshi
Old August 26, 2016, 06:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

where is Berry? ( not Flash) I want to bury him.
Old August 26, 2016, 07:58 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Freddie Flintoff

LOL just read Scyld Berry's latest article. He's clearly disappointed at ECB's decision to go ahead with the tour! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2...w-many-of-the/

Quote:
England's tour of Bangladesh will go ahead - but how many of their players will be ready to go?

Scyld Berry, Cricket Correspondent

25 August 2016 • 10:34pm

England’s tour of Bangladesh will go ahead as planned, and as forecast in Thurday's Daily Telegraph, following a lengthy meeting at the Langham Hotel in London involving security chief Reg Dickason and the England players, along with David Leatherdale, the chief executive of the Professional Cricketers’ Association.

The next question, however, is how many of the England players will be ready to tour Bangladesh for the three one-day internationals and the two Tests, at Dhaka and Chittagong, in October. Whatever the guarantees given by the Bangladesh board and government, a substantial degree of risk is going to be involved.

Precedent – specifically England’s tour of India after the 9/11 attacks – suggests that older players, especially those who are married with children, are the most reluctant to undertake the dangers, perceived or otherwise.

The decision to tour, if not universally popular among the England players, will be most welcome in Bangladesh, where the cricket authorities had been deeply concerned that a terrorist attack in Dhaka on July 1, in which 20 hostages and five gunmen were killed, would lead to the England and Wales Cricket Board’s cancellation of the tour.

A statement by the ECB after the meeting said: “Safety and security of players and management are paramount. We’ve received a thorough risk assessment, had excellent insight into the current situation and been fully briefed on security commitments. ECB and PCA have the utmost confidence in the advice and support we’ve been given.

“Tonight we discussed details with the players and management in an open meeting. They asked lots of questions, have time to ask more and will clearly want to take it all in – we understand that. Selection for the tour will be made after the end of the summer internationals.”

The build-up to the decision to go ahead with the tour started with the day’s first major meeting of the ECB hierarchy: chief executive Tom Harrison, director of cricket Andrew Strauss, head of cricket operations John Carr, who had gone on the visit to assess security in Bangladesh, along with Dickason, who is answerable both to the ECB and the PCA.

A second meeting at the Oval consisted of the England management and captains, when the two main coaches Trevor Bayliss and Paul Farbrace, the Test captain Alastair Cook and limited-overs captain Eoin Morgan, joined Dickason and Carr. Cook had been released from Essex’s game against Leicestershire as if he had been on England playing duty – not that he was needed in Leicester as Essex won by an innings.

From what Morgan had publicly said and implied earlier this week, it can be deduced he has grave reservations about touring Bangladesh. He might even have been paving the way for his own refusal to tour when he said: “People have missed tours in the past so you have to make guys feel safe to go. There’s always room for a personal decision. You also have to understand guys might have different priorities.”

Morgan said these words off his own bat, even forcing the issue. Before his statement on Tuesday, the ECB had not made any public announcement that players would be allowed to make up their minds.

As questions and issues were discussed during these meetings, the importance of what was at stake was heightened by the release of the West Indies schedule for their tour of Pakistan in October. West Indies are not going to Pakistan, they are going to play them in the United Arab Emirates. Since the terrorist attack in Lahore of March 2009 Pakistan have not hosted any Test tour, just a few white-ball games against Zimbabwe last year, which failed to persuade other countries that Pakistan was safe.

Australia refused to tour Bangladesh last year or to allow their under-19s to visit the country for this year’s Youth World Cup. If England also had refused to tour Bangladesh, it would have had a domino effect that would have undermined cricket in the country for a long time to come.

England have made two previous Test tours to Bangladesh, under Cook in 2009-10 and under Michael Vaughan in 2003-4, winning every game. But the results of the Test and one-day series will be one of the less important features of England’s next tour.
Old August 26, 2016, 08:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

WOW England team got real brave men. Thank you for taking the right decision. Unlike those bunch of sissy Aussies.

England just saved Bangladesh cricket.
Old August 26, 2016, 08:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
LOL just read Scyld Berry's latest article. He's clearly disappointed at ECB's decision to go ahead with the tour! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2...w-many-of-the/
He should not write opinion piece without being part of the security brief. Everyone has opinion but it should only be taken seriously if strong background knowledge is there.

Quote:
Australia refused to tour Bangladesh last year or to allow their under-19s to visit the country for this year’s Youth World Cup.
Berry bhai should also add that Bangladesh was however successful in carrying out the international tournament. And by "success" i don't mean lack of incidence (God forbid) but rather the protocol that they have used - reading various reports clearly ppl were happy. And rest of the team toured.. including England, New Zealand and south africa.
Old August 26, 2016, 12:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Amar money hoy Berry bhai hochchey nana bhai er shelock.
Old August 26, 2016, 01:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Its not about having brave men or balls.

Its about their cricket board giving full trust on the security experts they sent to Bangladesh. Obviously, they wouldn't just listen to our pleas. However, ECB has professionals whom the board and the players trust wholeheartedly.

I don't think too many players will opt out, Andrew strauss said he was 100% sure that BD is safe to tour

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/...y/1050517.html
Old August 26, 2016, 04:48 PM
BC Editorial Team

Berry is the same guy who once said the touring Pakistan team had home advantage in England because, I $hit you not, there was "better curry in Birmingham than in Lahore"!!!! Oi shala probaly donated to the Brexit campaign.
Old August 26, 2016, 05:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
WOW England team got real brave men. Thank you for taking the right decision. Unlike those bunch of sissy Aussies.

England just saved Bangladesh cricket.
England just saved Bangladesh cricket because we gave permission to save our a**. All these people who are desperate for the tour to go on, they can care less for their securities. They just want to lure them in, so as to beat them, and satisfy and indulge their own ego. (By all these people I am taking about social media fools.)

Most of the times, people insult you is because you hand over the control to others. The control is always within you.

The fact some of us are begging for the tour to go on reveals our own lack, and desperation.

So what would've happened if they said no? We'd postpone our tour that's it. But people don't want that. Simple. No big loss, move on. Why cry about it pathetically?

Either the tour will go on or won't. We don't have to beg for it.
Old August 26, 2016, 10:15 PM
Cricket Legend

zeeshan bro with all due respect I think you lost it and sound very idiotic.
Old August 26, 2016, 10:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Let's all cross our fingers and hope that the douchy terrorists does not attempt anything. In this case, A tried attempt is as bad as a successful attempt
Old August 27, 2016, 02:12 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shabbir and Taskin.

There is a difference between attack happening in Bangladesh-Pakistan and in France-Germany.

Problem is the terrorism we are dealing with is 'Radical Muslim Terrorism'. And we are a Muslim country.

OK look at this way, suppose suddenly 'Radical English' terrorism got risen all around the globe. Some English native youths or youths who has English culture background suddenly became radicalized for some reasons and are killing non-English people. Attacks are regularly but suddenly taking place at BD, Pakistan etc. Sometimes even in english speaking countries. For this People will be terrified to visit in England or Australia or Scotland etc. Foreigners will be scared to visit. 
Now athourities from the above countries can say that 'more attacks happening in other countries' but at the end it's the background story you know, if there are more English people in any place there will be more potential radical English terrorists. 

Now think this scenario to modern day and time. And try to understand my point. 

By the way in my pov, there are no reason to cancel this tour. I have faith in our security system. But if other countries people are hesitant to visit here, I can't blame them. Can't tag them 'cowards'. Rather I should be thinking how to overcome this situation and guarantee them providing with top notch security system.
Old August 27, 2016, 02:27 AM
Cricket Legend

There are many "c" ppl but let's not get too that ..
http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/...y/1050525.html

Is think BCB is doing this wrong . They should not say they can provide security for fans... those security will be only on the surface security NOT the real security the team will get .

I said it again that fans should follow their country's travel advisory and make decision on their own .... A foreigner who is not being guarded I think should not be so careless .

Also ppl should keep their families behind ..these are my opinion. one should not take on more tasks than necessary ...

I also think the whole team should tour and Kevin Pietersen is one dumb F### ...
Old August 28, 2016, 06:21 PM

I'm hoping this should go well this time. One bomb and game over for BCB.
Old August 28, 2016, 09:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
zeeshan bro with all due respect I think you lost it and sound very idiotic.
My post is "100% method, 80% skill and 150% madness".
Old September 3, 2016, 10:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Welcome England Cricket Team to Bangladesh.
Thank you ECB and cricketers of England.

Big test for Bangladesh government and security agencies.
I wish Bangladesh security and intelligence agencies the very best.

Best of luck to the Tigers.