facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 27, 2016, 03:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing
Default I miss Soumya Sarkar

Another ridiculous thread? Maybe, but hear me out.
I can't remember the last time I used to sit and wait for a batsman to walk in. I really can't. Soumya from the moment I saw him bat, I have wanted to see more and more and more. I wait for him to come to the crease and sit down at the ground level and look towards the bowler's run-up knowing he is visualizing how he is going to dominate them.

And we found one batsman who could dominate bowlers of amazing qualities and dominate humbly. That lazy elegance that once eluded the greatest of the greats from Bangladesh, I found it him. Every shot of his through the offside I watched in awe and it gave me immense satisfaction seeing how he bisected fielders without really trying to bash the ball apart someone like Tamim would try.

Everyone knows my favourite bowler is Taskin, and there is a reason for it. I look for players that can take Bangladesh to heights that we could never even dream of. Taskin is one of them, and from the moment I saw Soumya, I truly and with all my felt Soumya is another one of them. I don't know yet if I am wrong, but it does break my heart to see him fail and fail and fail and when Bangladesh needs him the most. A world cup has gone by and another major important tourney coming in 2017 for Bangladesh.

What does he really need to do? I can't think of anything the coaching stuff or he hasn't tried. The time for trying is almost coming to an end and I honestly hope and pray he doesn't let me down. I miss the old Soumya, the one I knew and the one we all know. He needs one big score. One match can turn it around. We need Soumya more than he needs us. This is how I watch Bangladeshi matches now, switch on Tv from 1-10 overs, if Soumya is there watch till he lasts or watch the last 5 overs. I really don't watch any other batsman. It is the honest truth ladies and gentlemen. That is how much he has had an impact on me batting wise. Sure I watch Taskin bowl. But as I said I truly find pleasure in watching him bat.

Question is, why is he out of form for so long A burning heart wants to know

Old September 27, 2016, 04:00 AM
Cricket Legend

He need to take a short break and come with fresh mind and be hungry again.
Old September 27, 2016, 05:28 AM
Cricket Legend

If there is one batsman in BD who can destroy any opposition all by himself-its Soumya Sarkar. I can still remember the century against Pakistan. Practically destroyed them into bits.

The way he is getting dismissed it shows two things, sometimes he has no luck, other he doesnt place any value on his wicket. Bowlers know they can easily get him out without having to do too much.

It seems like his problems are more psychological, careless, reckless. I hope Samaraweera can talk sense into him.
Old September 27, 2016, 07:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Many of us are big fan of him but he hasn't been at his best in the last few ODIs. I wonder if it's to do with the fact that he's not a natural lefty. He started as a right-handed batsman but later switched to left handed because he liked the left-handed batsmen like Dada and all the others.

Then again my argument is invalid because he did score that magnificent 100 against Pakistani attack and played many wonderful knocks.
Old September 27, 2016, 07:49 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shabbir and Taskin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weekyd
Many of us are big fan of him but he hasn't been at his best in the last few ODIs. I wonder if it's to do with the fact that he's not a natural lefty. He started as a right-handed batsman but later switched to left handed because he liked the left-handed batsmen like Dada and all the others.

Then again my argument is invalid because he did score that magnificent 100 against Pakistani attack and played many wonderful knocks.
His runs are obviously not bad in last few odis. Correct your statement. There is difference between Odi match and oneday match.
Old September 27, 2016, 09:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Governor da da, will hit big one next game. Once he smashes one biggie he will rip England apart just like how he can.
Old September 27, 2016, 09:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

I miss him too....
Old September 27, 2016, 09:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Hopefully will turn up tomorrow
Old September 27, 2016, 01:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

He just needs one good innings, just like NAsir needs but unlike NAsir SS gets more overs to play.
His good innings better come in next two matches otherwise don't see him playing the Eng series.
Old September 27, 2016, 03:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I miss his crisp stroke play. His confidence. And Nasir's. Nasir use to be our closer. I mean Bevan jr.
Old September 27, 2016, 11:18 PM

These days, he almost forgot to play cover drive, instead he try to hit them on off side. He plays forceful shots to make some runs, he should change that mindset, rather should play every ball on its merit and try stay long on the pitch. First he should focus on stay long which will help him regain his rhythm and confidence back, and runs will come along as well.

Wish him all the best, we desperately need him with his form back against England.
Old September 27, 2016, 11:26 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

He is in a deep mess. He tried to be attacking and didnt succeed and he also tried to be defensive with no success. I cant understand why push him to open since he is low on confidence? Perhaps when the ball is not moving, he might find it easier to get runs and get his form back. Push Kayes to open and shift him to 3. That might just do the trick.
Old September 27, 2016, 11:55 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Such a kumbaya thread... O lord

I should start one, I miss Nazimuddin
Old September 28, 2016, 07:27 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

"Just need one good innings to get his confidence back" taaaake number 32

Cutttttttt.... Roll backk
Old September 28, 2016, 07:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Ugly wild hack shot played to get out. No control whatsoever, from nothing had a BRAINFART!

Just try batting sensible, within yourself for a period and take on balls which are really wide or wide and full, bad balls will come.
Old September 28, 2016, 07:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Soumya just needs to put a self imposed ban on aerial shots for the first 20 overs. That is 2 dismissals in a row for trying to go over the fielder.
Old September 28, 2016, 01:15 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
These days, he almost forgot to play cover drive, instead he try to hit them on off side. He plays forceful shots to make some runs, he should change that mindset, rather should play every ball on its merit and try stay long on the pitch. First he should focus on stay long which will help him regain his rhythm and confidence back, and runs will come along as well.

Wish him all the best, we desperately need him with his form back against England.
if he doesn't fire at the 3rd ODI, I doubt he will be picked for England series. Kayes/Anamul/Litton (if recovers) will be slotted in as opener..
Old September 28, 2016, 03:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Should play the 3rd odi ,if fails then drop him and bring back his majesty Im-rule Kayes vs Angleterre.

And what bothers me is that he is not getting out to good deliveries but like a tail ender.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old September 28, 2016, 03:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

I think Anamul Haque needs to be back...I miss his "Selfish" knocks...at least the kid scored runs. Also we need a proper WicketKeeper Option too...
Old September 28, 2016, 03:39 PM
Cricket Legend

^^ that's what annoys me most. It's nothing good delivery he's getting out too. Looks like a tailender, the way he's getting out!
Old September 28, 2016, 04:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Another flop in the team. National team is not a place to find your bearings. =
Old September 28, 2016, 11:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
I think Anamul Haque needs to be back...I miss his "Selfish" knocks...at least the kid scored runs. Also we need a proper WicketKeeper Option too...
Same here.

While people claimed that his centuries were all selfish, lets see what they did

1st century: Against West Indies in his 2nd match, helped team score 280
2nd century: Helped Bangladesh amass 325. Now people will say that some other player would score the runs faster, but he and Imrul kayes laid the platform for a launch in the late overs. Against Pakistan attack to boot
3rd century: It was a difficult wicket were he had little support from the other end, scored a century. He had to play slow because wickets fell around him.

We need a batsamn in the top order who wants to score big runs. Anamul fits the bill. Issue is his form and technical skils.
Old September 28, 2016, 11:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
if he doesn't fire at the 3rd ODI, I doubt he will be picked for England series. Kayes/Anamul/Litton (if recovers) will be slotted in as opener..
Liton better choice
145 in a DPL match i think.
Old September 28, 2016, 11:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Same here.

While people claimed that his centuries were all selfish, lets see what they did

1st century: Against West Indies in his 2nd match, helped team score 280
2nd century: Helped Bangladesh amass 325. Now people will say that some other player would score the runs faster, but he and Imrul kayes laid the platform for a launch in the late overs. Against Pakistan attack to boot
3rd century: It was a difficult wicket were he had little support from the other end, scored a century. He had to play slow because wickets fell around him.

We need a batsamn in the top order who wants to score big runs. Anamul fits the bill. Issue is his form and technical skils.
Do you think that he is not a selfish player?
Old September 28, 2016, 11:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegGlance
Liton better choice
145 in a DPL match i think.
No option for Luton. He is injured.