facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old April 19, 2007, 03:30 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder
Anywhere other than Barbados, Bangladesh would have finished the World Cup in a much more glorious fashion.
You got it absolutely right! Bangladesh has not learned to play good seam bowling on a fast, bouncy pitch. The coach (whoever it is) needs to work on this.

Stupidest out of the day? Tamim's run out. Why didn't he keep running? It might have been close.

Stupidest shot of the day? That lofted shot by Ashraful. He was dismissed playing the same shot many times in the past, but has not learned.

However, this was NOT a disappointing tournament for Bangladesh, the defeat against Ireland withstanding. I don't see them winning the next cup, if they keep on improving, but sometimes one play changes a tournament. Remember that dropped catch by South Africa (by Kalis I think) of Waugh? If that catch was not dropped, Australia was out of the tournament. Instead, they won the cup. If Bangladesh improves enough, things like that can happen to us as well. We have a team of talented young players. With proper planning and coaching, there is no way but up. Perhaps it is not bad that they lost to Ireland. They will not return with a "কি হনু রে" attitude and will work on improvement.

-Shuziburo

Old April 19, 2007, 03:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

The team is Garbage!! Bunch of stupid unproven guys! In the sporting world, skills are necessary along with application! None of these idiots know how to apply anything, but somehow ended up on the national team!

Hats off to Mashrafe...only PLAYER we have!
Old April 19, 2007, 03:32 PM
First Class Cricketer

what we need is to make every pitch in Bangladesh a fast, bouncy one. The way our batsmen looked so clueless, I don't see any other way.....
Old April 19, 2007, 03:34 PM
Cricket Legend

By the way, our wc campaign is over and we have some good (and bad) memories from it. Looking forwad to India tour
Old April 19, 2007, 03:36 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizvi
The team is Garbage!! Bunch of stupid unproven guys! In the sporting world, skills are necessary along with application! None of these idiots know how to apply anything, but somehow ended up on the national team!

Hats off to Mashrafe...only PLAYER we have!
I wont say entire team is stupid, but they made us look stupid most of time in the tournament. Agree about Mashrafe, the only player who played like a real Tiger , rest are young cubs.
Old April 19, 2007, 03:36 PM
Test Cricketer

I can't help but be disillusioned by Tamim's inability to play off the backfoot. It seems to me that Mushfiq and Sakib are well equipped to play on most pitches, but Tamim is going to continue to be ordinary on bouncy tracks for a good few years yet.
Old April 19, 2007, 03:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Sensible,

Mate. Look at a map. Bangladesh is flat, tropical, low-lying and wet.

The pitches batsmen grow up on will tend to be slow.

Yes, you could fake it with astroturf over concrete, and BCB should encourage at least some faster, bouncier pitches. But traditionally, subcontinental teams have trouble away from home, just like Australian and SOuth African teams have trouble on the slow, low pitches of the subcontinent.

This is a young, developing side. They had two very good wins this World Cup, and this tournament was when Rasel, Saqib and Razzak showed they were quality parts of a quality bowling attack.

This team isnt there, but it isnt far away either. Lets see what 2 years of touring do, OK ?

Ian
Old April 19, 2007, 03:38 PM
Test Cricketer

We need to get rid of some of these players and give another chance to people who have actually been performing lately...... Tushar has been playing brilliantly, even Rokon deserves another shot; and we need to get rid off losers like Aftab who takes this like a joke. Bashar should be embarassed to show his face on the street, forget the field. And Nafees, he needs to go mingle with his new wife, and make some kids!
Old April 19, 2007, 03:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

bhaijans ... kon channel -e india bd khela dekhabe? janen keo?
Old April 19, 2007, 03:39 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

we are losing by more than 100 runs
Old April 19, 2007, 03:40 PM
Club Cricketer

next goals for Bangladesh

1) Win a test match against big opposition
2) Win an ODI SERIES against big opposition (close against SL last year)
Old April 19, 2007, 03:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
bhaijans ... kon channel -e india bd khela dekhabe? janen keo?
Good quetion..Some one please tell how can we watch..Will dish telecast these matches?
Old April 19, 2007, 03:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Old April 19, 2007, 03:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Shakib lacks footwork, when there is a bounce and the ball is outside off stump he has problems playing that specific delivery and does not know how to keep the shot down.
Old April 19, 2007, 03:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Try in www.deshiportal.com
Old April 19, 2007, 03:44 PM
Cricket Legend

in the current team Mushfique has the great footwork matching international standard. x player includes Alok Kapali
Old April 19, 2007, 03:45 PM
Test Cricketer

I'm not opposed to Aftab's dropping. He's one of two players who look like they have the class to handle any opposition but that's no use if he's just going to get out on 20 every time. Being dropped might force him to adopt a more mature approach.

I'm not at all convinced by Tushar though. A lot of people point to the fact that he's never been given a stretch of matches to prove himself, but I think that just over looks the fact that his technique is no where near good enough. Reinstating Rokon is not the answer either.

Kapali's my answer. Always had a beautiful technique, and he's had enough time on the sidelines to sort himself out.
Old April 19, 2007, 03:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder
Shakib lacks footwork, when there is a bounce and the ball is outside off stump he has problems playing that specific delivery and does not know how to keep the shot down.
This is true. It saddens me that he still has better footwork than Nafees and Tamim though.
Old April 19, 2007, 03:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Aftab should come later down the order, especially after 35 overs batting.
Old April 19, 2007, 03:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Pelham,

Were you posting under the same nick on the BBC board ... if so, fair play to you, Sir.

Ian
Old April 19, 2007, 03:49 PM
First Class Cricketer

Oh yes, I have so much faith on this team. I hope by next world cup, some of these young players will mature and we'll have a great world cup at home. But this inability to play against minimal bounce bothers me. The way Aftab was getting hit on the chest, arms, armpit....it was scary and plainly, dangerous. So somehow we need to be able to learn how play on bouncy wickets.

The only other thing that bothers me is the slow learning curve. It's almost like we close our eyes and get on auto-pilot. The way WI batted today, there was so much to learn. They had a plan. They just saw through the Mashrafee and Rasel overs, settled the innings and then attacked for about 7/8 overs. It was only that many overs they actually scored so many runs from. We have been there all the time but learned nothing...we wanted to attack right from the start....players like Ash should be more experienced and the level of expectation on the part of the team and the fans are so high when Ash come out to bat.....it's disappointing. He doesn't learn...at least it does not look that way. Neither does Aftab. Tamim impressed me against India. But later I realized, he can only play one shot....coming down the track. All the other teams figured that out right after the India match and Tamim is out since then.....SN and Bashar, for some unknown reason is out of form for so long.....The guy I'm most impressed with is Sakib....there we have a great batsman in the making.
Old April 19, 2007, 03:50 PM
Cricket Legend

I just feel shame we cant play 50 overs.|If one of the top order played good today, the game could be still on.
Old April 19, 2007, 03:53 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW
Pelham,

Were you posting under the same nick on the BBC board ... if so, fair play to you, Sir.

Ian
Hi Ian

Do you mean the BBC for cricket commentary? I've sent them the odd email here and there, but nothing that's ever been posted.

Is that what you meant?
Old April 19, 2007, 03:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Yes Shakib was the find of Bangladeshi team in this world cup and Mushfiq showed his talent with all the good screaming on the field, he needs to improve on his wicket keeping though and hopefully will come with more experience. Rasel cemented his place in the squad, but a third seamer will definitely improve the bowling variation in our team.
Old April 19, 2007, 03:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Pelham,

There was a guy posting under PelhamWarner who seemed an amusing chap who knew his cricket.

Ian