facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 16, 2005, 09:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by DstarRab
Hi everybody.....we've beaten ZIM A by 14 runs. Shahadat Rajib took 5-63 from 25 overs. Enam returned 10 for the match.
Our two promising bowlers Rajib and Enamul have enreached out A team. But I doubt about our bowoling strength in BCB XI (heading for Duleep Trophy)...dont see any promising bowler.....

Old February 16, 2005, 09:23 AM

Welcome Rabeed Imam! and thank's for good news.
We all feel proud of you, representing Bangladesh's cricket and our desire to the world.
Looking forward to hear from you more on BD cricket development and future.
Old February 16, 2005, 09:24 AM
Club Cricketer

Welcome Rabeed Imam ,,,thanks for the excellent news
Old February 16, 2005, 09:39 AM
ODI Cricketer

welcome rabeed imam!!

really nice to see rabeed imam amongst us.its really an honor to see the presence of an acclaimed sports writer who is quite at per with the other global peers in cricket writing.the main thing about this awesome guy is he is just writing & letting the world know the exact feelings of bangladesh.

btw, i was wondering about the exact margin of our A team,s victory .. rabeed told us it was 14 runs first..then corrected again by 48 runs.. just saw in bangladesher khela its 50 runs.. which one is correct?

anyway,a win is win..whether its by 14 or 84 run
Old February 16, 2005, 09:40 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Welcome Rabeed Bhai,
I am a big fan of your writing and it is great to have you with us here at Banglacricket.com.
Old February 16, 2005, 09:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Result: Bangladesh A won by 50 runs --- CricInfo
Old February 16, 2005, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

hey rab,

welcome to BC. you will find that (or i should say must've figured by now) that you're a pretty popular character here.

so stick around!
Old February 16, 2005, 10:06 AM
Street Cricketer

Closer than it should have been, but good result for the tigers!

However the batting problem seems to be persistent in all BD teams, test, A team, U19 and also in the divisional games. I first started following the Tigers during the 99 World Cup in England and have seen a gradual and consistent improvement in the bowling but the batting seems to have gone backwards. Only Mehrab Hussain has scored a 100 in ODI and this was several years ago!

All the promising players coming through seem to be bowlers!
Why is this? Going by the experiences of other countries (especially Asian countries) shouldn't it be easier to develop batsmen than bowlers?
Old February 16, 2005, 10:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

Welcome Rabeed Imam and thanks for the good news. Your opinion and thoughts in this forum would be of great value. Please keep us feeding the news about BD cricket.
Old February 16, 2005, 11:05 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

its great to have you here, Rabeed Imam. we have a lot of fans here who really likes your writing.

here is something important i think i need to ask help for. as u know, we are in a situation where icc is trying hard to take away our test status. if u visit the site u'll know the we've quite a few good posts here with some real good points. these post, however, is pretty useless unless we can take them to light where other people (people besides bc members) can see it. i think your relation to cricinfo can help. what u think?
Old February 16, 2005, 11:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Welcome Rabeed Imam to our forum. You already know how die-hard fans of BD cricket we are. But we are also great fans of your writing.

Right now, we are very much upset with the n-tier system and you can find a lot of threads on that. would you please come up and ventilate our feelings and arguments to the outer world, beyond our forum?
Old February 16, 2005, 11:36 AM
ODI Cricketer

Now this is disgusting. Another freak in BanglCricket from sports-journalist clique. I don't know why you guys are jumping your heel off at the arrival of a worthless... well, I am kidding. It was getting boring with all the roses being strewn on your path, rab, just wanted to throw in some thorn to liven it up. Let's see how it works. In the meantime, you are very much welcome to this sanatorium of freaked out fanatics, and thanks for your 'aaste aaste chharo' process (referring to 14 and 48 runs win), in spite of being the namesake of rapid action bat. anyway, you will like it here.
Old February 16, 2005, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally posted by AgentSmith
its great to have you here, Rabeed Imam. we have a lot of fans here who really likes your writing.

here is something important i think i need to ask help for. as u know, we are in a situation where icc is trying hard to take away our test status. if u visit the site u'll know the we've quite a few good posts here with some real good points. these post, however, is pretty useless unless we can take them to light where other people (people besides bc members) can see it. i think your relation to cricinfo can help. what u think?

agreed. we really have a limited amount of time on our hands. it's high time that we gave the icc a kick in the rear, and the only way that is possible is through a representative in the international media. the icc probably don't even give a damn about BC, and won't see the other side of the story (they're too dumb to think beyond what the bigger teams want), unless we feed them in with some facts, and threaten them if necessary.

Edited on, February 16, 2005, 4:45 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.
Old February 16, 2005, 12:15 PM
Street Cricketer

how come we won by 14runs only? Cricket info score card says something else..we won by 50 runs...
Bangladesh A in Zimbabwe, 2004-05
Zimbabwe A v Bangladesh A
Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo
13,14,15,16 February 2005 (4-day match)

Result: Bangladesh A won by 50 runs
Old February 16, 2005, 12:16 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
Going by the experiences of other countries (especially Asian countries) shouldn't it be easier to develop batsmen than bowlers?
Its kinda off-topic here, still, this is exactly the reason why our batsman are not developing - they're too much used to playing on paradise batting tracks; so when they face some quality bowling, they falter. I'm making a new thread for this.
Old February 16, 2005, 12:18 PM
Test Cricketer

rabeed imam himself giving us the updates!!! awesome. first mcinnes, then rabeed imam, who's next? thanks for the updates rabeed bhai.
Old February 16, 2005, 12:38 PM
Club Cricketer

I have just now visited Cricinfo and they report that BD A has won by 50 runs. Shahadat Hossain Rajib got 5 for 63 and Enamul Haque jnr got 3 for 69. This morning the Zim A innings lasted only 10 overs. 5 by Rajib and 5 by Enamul. I am very excited by this result. I see great future for BD Cricket.
Old February 16, 2005, 12:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

Good news
Old February 16, 2005, 03:54 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by howzatt!
rabeed imam himself giving us the updates!!! awesome. first mcinnes, then rabeed imam, who's next? thanks for the updates rabeed bhai.

Who's next? Why Whatmore, ofcorse!! ... lol

And occasional cameo from the BD crickters' won't be bad either

Welcome Rabeed Imam.
Old February 16, 2005, 04:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Rabeeb bhai... you made a grand entrance to banglacricket. I hope you can keep bringing good news to us.
Old February 16, 2005, 04:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by nihi
Now this is disgusting. Another freak in BanglCricket from sports-journalist clique. I don't know why you guys are jumping your heel off at the arrival of a worthless... well, I am kidding. It was getting boring with all the roses being strewn on your path, rab, just wanted to throw in some thorn to liven it up. Let's see how it works. In the meantime, you are very much welcome to this sanatorium of freaked out fanatics, and thanks for your 'aaste aaste chharo' process (referring to 14 and 48 runs win), in spite of being the namesake of rapid action bat. anyway, you will like it here.
yaa, too much complex eeeengish fore mee! Very angry matha I can see, no? Yes, me is good eenglish too ya?
Old February 16, 2005, 05:21 PM
Club Cricketer

Welcome aboard Mr. Rabeed. Good to see you here. Hope you gonna give us new updates time to time. By the way, I like your entry style........LOL

so......we are in right track!!!
Old February 16, 2005, 08:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Welcome to the forum, Mr. Imam. You are a true journalistic genius.

I just wanted to say one thing: there has only been one thing on my mind, this whole 2-tier business.

Is there anything you can do with your influence at cricinfo? Is there anything we fans can do?

Also, most importantly, how likely is it, in your estimation, that Bangladesh will be demoted to a 2nd tier level?
Old February 16, 2005, 09:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

WOW! The great Mr Rabeed Imam among us! I'm another one of your fans. You articles are just wow. No other words coming to me right now. Keep up the amazing work.
Old February 16, 2005, 09:29 PM
First Class Cricketer

welcome on board Rabeed Imam,
you are doing a fantastic job in crickinfo too,
just one request..please sometimes do bash the BD bashers...