facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 27, 2010, 12:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Not me.
ok well most people then..

Old May 27, 2010, 12:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
I saw him bowl against Surrey and immediately realised he isn't anything special which is why I didn't include him any of my starting XIs. I was adamant that it should be Shafiul, Shahadat and Rubel who should play. But instead Shafiul who is the best pacer in the country at the moment has been dropped for this loser. I can confidently say that he won't go anywhere.

And LMAO some people who claimed to have seen him bowl were saying he is faster than Shafiul and at around Rubel's pace. It turns out he bowls at the same pace as Shahadat. I would take players like Shuvashish and Rasel who can consistently hold down a line and length than Robiul any day.
it was me who said he can bowl more than shafiul pace.

now remember shafiuls debut in ODI's in tri series. was he bowling with pace that time ??? no he just looked another alamgir kabir to everybody. not too much pace and wayward. but selectors continued to give him chance and in the test matches agaisnt india we saw shafiul bowl with pace and some consistency. so shafiul had low pace in his debut and slowly he started to gain pace.

the few games i saw Rabiul i did not have speed metres. i just guessed as he looked pacey. today he started in 70-75 and later bowled 80-85 some times. may be its the debut nervousness. may be tomorrow or second innings or another test we may see him bowl 85+ which is close to rubel pace.

anyway lets see what robiul can do in future.
Old May 27, 2010, 12:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

I watched first few overs in the morning. I think he is one of these bowlers who wait for the batsmen to make mistakes. Sharif 2.0.
Old May 27, 2010, 01:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

God dammit, Shafiul should have been playing instead, he would have extracted seam movement.
Old May 27, 2010, 01:57 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
r u sure this is "Robiul islam, the cricketer" fan club or "Robiul islam, the BC member" fan club
Its Rabiul Alam
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 27, 2010, 02:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

First time I saw him bowling.
He is good. Got pace and can pitch deliveries on the right spot.
Old May 27, 2010, 02:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

He bowled a total of three decent deliveries today. And after each one je bhaab...baar re baap.
Old May 27, 2010, 02:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

1st day analysis of Robiul
Positive: he can swing sharply away from right handers which i liked and physical strength, easy and almost technically correct action
Negative: No real pace, cant bowl inswinger, inconsistent line and length, no real use of brain.
Old May 27, 2010, 02:48 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Let him give few more chance before we throw him out....

Remember Shahdat's debut bowling figure: 12-0-120-0.....
Old May 27, 2010, 03:30 PM
ODI Cricketer

I am lost because I have been hearing how he has been taking wickets at regular intervals during the county matches, so i thought this guy must be special !! must have something whether it be swing or pace. Looking at him today he has neither ?? is it nerves ??
Old May 27, 2010, 03:49 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful♥Raqibul foreve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond
Even Shahadat Hossain won't be his fan.
I stick by to what I have said.
Old May 27, 2010, 05:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

Bottom line: Should not be considered. First rule of test cricket is you need pace. This guy is short as well gets no bounce. Yeah he can swing it a bit but thats nothing. For guys saying give him a second chance no way, there no second chances for people who do not meet the minimum requirements of test cricket. Shafiul all the way compared to this guy. Even if Shafiul had the same figures you know Shafiul has some attributes that can be honed to improve him, pace, variation, some brains, can bat a bit. This guy has no hope at all. Stop persisting with guys who will never have an impact. They need to give Sajidul Islam a call back. That's the only other guy I saw had potential. Left handed gives some variation, quicker than both shadat and Robiul and can swing it a bit.
Old May 27, 2010, 06:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyguy
Bottom line: Should not be considered. First rule of test cricket is you need pace. This guy is short as well gets no bounce. Yeah he can swing it a bit but thats nothing. For guys saying give him a second chance no way, there no second chances for people who do not meet the minimum requirements of test cricket. Shafiul all the way compared to this guy. Even if Shafiul had the same figures you know Shafiul has some attributes that can be honed to improve him, pace, variation, some brains, can bat a bit. This guy has no hope at all. Stop persisting with guys who will never have an impact. They need to give Sajidul Islam a call back. That's the only other guy I saw had potential. Left handed gives some variation, quicker than both shadat and Robiul and can swing it a bit.
they should be developing subashis, sajidul, emon ahmed, alauuddin babu etc. unless you have a vaas in your midst (not many countires do) then you need to go with players who have not just the movement but the pace as well.

Last edited by Gowza; May 28, 2010 at 12:55 AM..
Old May 27, 2010, 06:52 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

when that SOB Lipuu said Robiul is fast, i thought he bowls at least MIN around 85. Yesterday! OMG. He cant even bowl at 75 consistently. His run up, LOL. It looks like those bowlers from video games.

That;s what you get for dropping Shafiul for no reason
Old May 27, 2010, 06:56 PM
ODI Cricketer

He reminds me of a time when India toured BD and they played someone like him, short, stocky had no pace and was completely useless. He is really an embarrassment. If Shafiul played the commentators would've seen someone with potential. This guy just makes BD look amateurish. BD has another guy who is decent. At least Shadat today was breaking 80 mph and was economical this guy is a joke! Never want to see him again
Old May 27, 2010, 07:09 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

It's funny because he got so much praising 2 days ago, and all of a sudden it changed. I even said this would happen. And I knew he was gonna flop in the real game. This happen at least 50 times before in the past. A player performed in WU, people started dancing, and once the real thing came up, they flopped, and started all the bashing.
Old May 27, 2010, 07:11 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Check post #3 in this thread. I called this 2 weeks ago. I am no khoda, but any 1 with lil brain could see this coming.

And I did not want to comment (good or bad) on him with out seeing him at 1st. And I did. Pace wise, he sucks!
Old May 27, 2010, 08:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
We were all excited about Nazmul, then Shajidul, then Robin, then Rubel, then Shafiul. Now this guy? How long will it take us to realize that this is INT cricket? And when will we stop doing the same thing over and over again, like our batsmen makes the same mistake over and over again?

Only bowlers from that list that haven't disappointed us as much is Shafiul. At 1st we hated him too.
nazmul never gave big excitement. thoughtbefore his injury he was bowling very well.

sajidul is having a long term injury. he gave us big excitement because he was faster version of rasel, so promised much more threat.

rubel in his career rarely promised anything except pace. initially he was regularly bowling a fuller length and also good yorkers and bouncers. but as days progressed he has started to be wayward. i think its mostly because improper guidance from coaches and improper use of captains. when yorkers are the delivery to bowl he was asked to bowl bouncers etc etc. and also lack of cricket brain.

shafiul, well he is the fav of all. though he still has the worst economy out of all in ODI's, and the worst SR and average in test cricket out of all.
Old May 27, 2010, 10:32 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sidhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiriket
রবিউল তো ভুয়া নাম্বার ১, অন্য গুলা আরো বেশি ইডিয়ট তাই বেশী উইকেট পাচ্ছে।
এই ব্যাটা কি বোলিং করে সবাই তো দেখলেন, শাহাদাত আর রুবেল কি ঘোড়ার আন্ডা টা করলো তা কেউ দেখলেন না?
Old May 27, 2010, 10:38 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
sajidul is having a long term injury. he gave us big excitement because he was faster version of rasel, so promised much more threat.
what happened to him?
Old May 28, 2010, 04:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

A serious question mark on selectors, How the hell they said Robiul got pace?

Disseminated by Robiul's 1st day performance. So far, I did not see anything in him to become a long term prospect. But I do not want to give my final judgment yet. He is playing is debut test in Lords, so there are lot of nerve and tension involved in his performance. I want to see how he comes back in the 2nd day.
Old May 28, 2010, 05:20 AM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Too quick to say anything against this man, just the first test. He did well in the practice, and worked hard towards NT from Academy and A team. Lets give him more time then bang him.....
Old May 28, 2010, 05:35 AM
Cricket Savant

for me he is now slow both in his runup and pace than what i saw previously.

is he concentrating more on line and length ??? and also he was very much prone to overstepping. may be he is sacrificing pace to make sure he is not overstepping.
Old May 28, 2010, 06:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

When I opened this thread, I based it on the fact that as well as being one of the highest wicket-takers in NCL, he was given the certificate of being fast by the selectors. When a selector says he's fast and the team already has two pacers bowling over 140kph, you assume he's going to real close if not faster. How are we supposed to know he struggles to bowl past 130kph? Its too slow in tests unless you have magnificent control... I can't believe Shafi wasn't picked. He could have kept one end dry..

Its unfortunate, but I don't know if he'll get another chance in this tour...he shouldn't, unless he can bowl at 135k+ all day. So maybe not this tour.
Old May 28, 2010, 07:10 AM
Cricket Legend

"ভাবিয়া করিও কাজ , করিয়া মিনমিন করিওনা !!"
hmmmm