facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 24, 2012, 05:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Default Questions

1.Is an entry level marketing job always all about promoting the company through social media?

2. Can the marketing teams of various companies discriminate against you, just because you don't have a facebook or twitter account?

Old May 25, 2012, 01:11 AM
Cricket Savant

I am not sure about #2, but intuitively it's seems highly negative that someone would do that. Any article/news that sheds light otherwise Roey?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 25, 2012, 01:36 AM
Administrator

I would think #1 would be the last thing a company would true - entrust the public persona of the company to some green behind the ear entry-level kid. At best, the PR or Marketing managers would probably make the hire a gopher and listener. Keeping an ear/eye on brand sentiment or making posts on behalf of the more experienced marketing professional who has generated the copy.

As for 2, it would seem increasingly so. Social media marketing has become more and more important these days. Brand engagement, customer loyalty, lead generation etc is best served through social media - I would rather make a purchase decision vetted by my network than one not. And if you don't have a FB or Twitter account, the implication is that you are behind the times and you won't understand the nuances of social media and social marketing. Dead wood.
Old May 25, 2012, 01:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
As for 2, it would seem increasingly so. Social media marketing has become more and more important these days. Brand engagement, customer loyalty, lead generation etc is best served through social media - I would rather make a purchase decision vetted by my network than one not. And if you don't have a FB or Twitter account, the implication is that you are behind the times and you won't understand the nuances of social media and social marketing. Dead wood.
Possibly yes. The fact that hiring process requires 3 references (where I once filled out "I have no friends") is rather tell-tale sign of companies preferring people who are teamplayer and social.

World is still a closed-door for many introverts...if one makes the distinction ie.

Old May 25, 2012, 11:13 AM

Re: #1 - no, you do cold calling and taking market research surveys for 45 minutes on the phone with random people across the continent. THAT is a marketing entry level job. Scenario B is you print 1000 flyers and mail them out. Then another 10,000 and mail them out. Consider yourself blessed if you get a 2% response to your mailout. On top of that expect to earn most of your bread from the commissions, and how well you can snatch other people's accounts and keep them for yourself.
Old May 26, 2012, 01:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
I am not sure about #2, but intuitively it's seems highly negative that someone would do that. Any article/news that sheds light otherwise Roey?

No, not that. I feel like I lost a job opportunity because I don't have a FB account. One of the requirements was indeed to partner with other businesses through the social media,so I could see them making judgments about me not having an account. But you don't need to have something in order to have a working knowledge of it. I hope companies get this fact. I'm really mad now, maybe I'll do an article on this matter.
Old May 26, 2012, 01:51 AM
Cricket Savant

You NEED to do a rap song on this matter, SON.

edit: you can dub over racks on racks on racks....racks on racks on racks....racks on racks on racks....

superedit: shobai mile....eksathe....encore un fois...racks on racks racks on racks on racks....racks on racks on racks....racks on racks on racks....

Old May 26, 2012, 01:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
No, not that. I feel like I lost a job opportunity because I don't have a FB account. One of the requirements was indeed to partner with other businesses through the social media,so I could see them making judgments about me not having an account. But you don't need to have something in order to have a working knowledge of it. I hope companies get this fact. I'm really mad now, maybe I'll do an article on this matter.
Right. You can learn to drive by reading the manual. Did you happen to read my comments above?
Old May 26, 2012, 02:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Right. You can learn to drive by reading the manual. Did you happen to read my comments above?
Of course I did. I wouldn't compare driving to doing things such as liking a fb page or retweeting a message. Like I said, I pretty much know the ins and outs of a lot of such social network sites. It's the willingness to market, knowing the tactics of doing so, and in as many sites as possible. That's what counts. And I know them all, from tumblr to instagram. Just because you happen to have an account doesn't give you an iota of marketing knowledge.

But of course, I see what you mean. It's just like how college has become an artificial stamp of approval on getting a job. I can vouch that you pretty much learn nothing, and a person doing a little bit of research on businesses everyday will be far more knowledgeable than a college taught undergrad. And yet, it's like, "what? You don't have a bachelor's? Sorry, no job".

Keep it 100,

Roey
Old May 26, 2012, 02:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
You NEED to do a rap song on this matter, SON.

edit: you can dub over racks on racks on racks....racks on racks on racks....racks on racks on racks....

superedit: shobai mile....eksathe....encore un fois...racks on racks racks on racks on racks....racks on racks on racks....racks on racks on racks....
"Yaw, I don't do dubs.
That's fo scrubs,
Send em back on the time machine in "Hot Tubs"
And I play rough, I got hops like Spud,
It ain't no bluff, when I say I'm a real tiger cub."

Ye diggg?

Keep it 100,

Roey